Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-20-2024, 12:32 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throwing Myself To The Wolves
Tula Kealiʻi Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

05-18-2020, 05:54 AM

------May 8, 2020------

"Why even get involved in this?"

I knew I would be asked the question, but I didn't have an answer ready.

I told myself when I joined the XWF that I would take the path of least resistance. I would keep my head down and just focus on the tasks ahead of me. I knew that would be the best way to accomplish my goals. Don't make enemies, and you'll be fine.

And yet, after witnessing what I saw last night, I felt my whole outlook change. Suddenly, my goals became cloudy. Rationalism was replaced with empathy. I no longer saw the characters involved in this place as combatants playing a part, but rather as human beings, all with different stories and different reasons for doing what they're doing.

I saw Ruby. I know so little about her, except that she's a young lady trying to be a superhero. Many will laugh at her. I had to admit, I did the first time I saw her walking backstage. But I thought about it more, and I thought back to all the things I was told when I came home from the desert. "Thank you for your service. You're a hero." Over and over again I was pounded with the same words and the same phrases. I didn't have a cape or a mask - I had camo and a gun. But I was also responsible for taking lives. Ruby is just trying to save them.

So maybe the world could use more heroes, especially those that see the good in humanity. Those that haven't been jaded by the cruelty of the world around them. Those that continue to smile and rise up against injustice, even as others refuse to stand by their side.

"It's just the right thing to do."

I can hear Vinnie Lane over the phone taking a deep breath. It wasn't the response he was expecting, I'm sure. This business has its fair share of "good guys", sure, but it lacks in selflessness. Even the most kindhearted people in the business know better than to stick their nose in places they don't belong. I guess I'm too new and too naïve to follow the rules.

"Ok, you're teaming with Ruby next Anarchy. Main event. Good luck."

[Image: 5c426312bede9.image.jpg?resize=400%2C266]

There are certain people in this world you are destined to hate. You don't even have to meet them, you just have to see them and you know. Yes, this goes against the old "don't judge a book by its cover" saying, but sometimes, the cover shows all the imperfections you need to see. If a book has a terrible cover, there's a real good chance the rest of the book is going to be awful, too.

That's how I feel about John Black and Tommy Wish. I don't need to meet them. I don't need to speak with them. One look, and I can just tell, they are destined to be people I hate.

Not that their actions have given me any reason to doubt myself. Every week, it seems they attack someone from behind, or attack someone after a match, or say some kind of cryptic message about how great they are and how everyone should respect them. Here's the problem, though.

They don't win. Like, ever. And they don't seem to care, either. They walk around the arena like they're these tough badasses who rule the world, but everytime they are told to prove it, they come up short. They can't go toe to toe, hold for hold with ANYONE. All they can do is hit you with pipes and taunt.

I know it's part of the business. People are going to hit you with heavy metallic objects. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is people pretending to be something they are not. T.H.U.G.S, Michael Graves, even Miss Direction - they act tough, but there's no substance to them. Every time someone steps up to them, they fold like a blanket, and yet somehow, they keep getting title shots and precious airtime. It's maddening.

If it weren't for the attack they gave to Ruby last week, I would completely write off Tommy and John in this match, and focus all my attention on the Themis sisters. After all, they are the real talent in this match. Atara has proven she can stand in the ring, face to face with anyone, and Osira is incredibly cunning and takes advantage of any opportunity presented to them. They're both treated like superstars, and a victory over one or both of them would be a huge step toward elevating me up the ranks and earning some respect from the boys in the back.

And yet, I know how my mind operates. I know I'll be focused primarily on making a fool out of Tommy and John. I'm going to be interested in justice, and that's not fair to Ruby or myself. And perhaps that was the goal all along. The T.H.U.G.S knew they can't win. They never do. But if they can make Ruby - and by proxy, me - look like a fool, they will feel like they accomplished something that night.

So that's why I have to shift my focus. Just beating Tommy and John isn't going to be an accomplishment in itself. Everyone already expects that, including them. In order to truly make them look like idiots, Ruby and I have to win the match. So that's what we're going to do.

This will not only be a test of my newfound partnership with the Lime Green Superhero, but it will also test my skills against big time talent. Atara Themis is a captain at War Games, the very same event I will be participating in. Atara is expected to move on from the first round. Look at her opponents...it's pretty clear. Me, on the other hand, I am just a "helping hand" for Centurion. If I can pin Atara this week, I completely change the narrative, and in the meantime, I can get one over on the Anarchy Title #1 contender, Osira.

Most importantly, Ruby and I will establish a foothold on Anarchy. And good will triumph over evil.

[Image: tenor-3-1.gif]
9-10-0
2x Anarchy Champion
1x and current XWF Micronesian Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - October 2020
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Tula Kealiʻi's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-18-2020), Atara Raven (06-15-2020), Vita Frickin Valenteen (05-18-2020)