Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:09 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clean in the streets, clean in the sheets
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-06-2020, 12:02 PM

The streets were clean. For now. A job well done.

She closed her apartment door behind her and took off her mask. Unlike other heroes she didn’t enter through the window or via a lift that came up from a cave. She didn’t have the gear or money for that, and while she made a decent living she wasn’t going to be rich, or even ‘well off’ any time soon. But that was okay. She was comfortable, and doing the things she loved: wrestling and protecting others.

She draped her mask over a coat hanger and was greeted by the clacking of nails on wood as Garnet came a-running. She got down to a knee and greeted her furry sidekick who enthusiastically wallowed in the hug.

Ruby: “There’s a good boy! Did you miss me?”

Garnet happily barked, Ruby grinned, and she got back to her feet. He looked up at her with puppy eyes, that accusatorily questioned why he’d been left alone.

Ruby: “Look, you know it’s dangerous out there! And I’m worried for you after what happened with Calvary! We’re not invincible you know, and I couldn’t stand to see you get hurt.”

The Malinois whined, and Ruby rolled her eyes.

Ruby: “I know, I know, I’m putting myself in danger too. But rather that, than having to put you in a cone of shame because some kind of miscreant kicked you in the face! Now I’ll hear no more on the subject. Let’s go get some food.”

At the last word, Garnet turned tail and ran into the living room and into the kitchen. Ruby stopped for a second in the living room. It felt empty. It had gotten a bit better ever since she adopted Garnet, but even that was more out of loneliness than out of necessity. But such was the life of the vigilante. And she really didn’t feel like dating right now. Or at least, that’s what she told herself after how her previous relationship ended, even though that happened years ago.

She sighed and walked over to the kitchen, where Garnet was already panting next to his bowl. Ruby dumped the remaining parts of the dog food can into it and watched the good boy happily gobbling it up. She smiled.

Ruby: “I think you and Vita got off on the wrong foot! I should introduce you properly to her some time. Maybe she’ll understand why I chose you as my sidekick for that match.”

She did feel a bit guilty about it. As if she’d let Vita know that she was nothing more than a second-choice, second-rate excuse for a backup. The girl had every right to be upset, even if Ruby still didn’t approve of her interference in her match against Calvary. Even though, she fully realized, would probably not be Anarchy Champion if not for her. It wasn’t a fun realization, and made her feel like she had to make something perfectly clear to the world.

She shook her head and ignored the grumbling of her stomach, putting her hunger aside for now. She went back to the front door and snatched her mask off the coat rack, snapping it back into place.

She took out her smartphone Rubyphone (look, it’s how Batman names his gadgets too, are you gonna sit there and diss Batman??), activated the super duper ultra high tech selfie mode, and pressed record.

Ruby: “Yoo, whassup my flippies! Ish ya girl Rubes here, living from her secret hideout. Erm, I mean LIVE from her secret hideout! The dies have been cast, and it looks like I’m set to face Osira Themis to defend my Anarchy Championship against! Now lookie here, girlie, as you know I was up close during that Battle Royal, and you sure did trick the lot of us, didn’t you? Trickery is often associated with mischief, but in the end, you didn’t do anything grotesquely wrong. But you made one big mistake: you showed your hand early. I now know what to expect. Come the title defense, you best believe I’ll be ready for anything. But before we get to that, we’ll have to team up together. I, for one, am game. But know that I don’t just enforce the rules for my opponents. My teammates too. So no trickery on the night, missy! I’ll be watching you.”

Ruby’s eyes turned to slits for a second, before opening them properly again.

Ruby: “As for who we’re facing…? It’s the CALvary!One tough dude, and probably would’ve been Anarchy Champion if not for a certain someone I’ll get to in a bit. Calvary my guy, you’ve shown that you’re a real force to be reckoned with, and you’re exactly the kind of dude Anarchy needs. I don’t have any issues with you, but just remember that with great power comes great responsibility. It’s all too easy to abuse gifts like the ones you have, and best believe that if you slip, I’ll be right there on your case, no matter what the cost. As for Vita… Vita Flippin’ Valenteen. Girl, I appreciate you. You made me proud at the Battle Royal. The true MVP of the event. I know you may feel like I let you down recently and I apologize. I know you did what you did because you’re overenthusiastic and CARE. Unfortunately, I’ll have to put a dent in your flippin’ temples this week, but don’t take it personally. I’ll pick you up after and we can get an ice cream backstage.”

Ruby smiled.

Ruby: “It’s gonna be an interesting week. I have to prove I deserve this bit of gold around my waist. Well, not at the moment, but you know what I mean. I’ll see you in OMAHA! SEEEEET! OMAHASEEEET! HUT!! HUTHUT!”

And the banana-lime blur switched off the recording. Time for pizza.

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-07-2020), Vita Frickin Valenteen (05-06-2020)