Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:15 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness 2020 RP Board
But It's Alright
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

03-15-2020, 03:49 PM

---Monday, March 9th, 2020---

Genevieve: Why are we here?

(Shane and his band of friends did everything they could, but once again, Centurion has walked out of Wednesday Warfare with the XWF Hart Championship.

The next time Centurion steps into the ring, it will be at March Madness, marking the one year anniversary of his return to the ring, and it will be against one of his toughest opponents yet - The Tristan Slater.

But first, there is a major holiday to get through - St. Patrick's Day.

We open up somewhere in the Scranton, PA area. There, we see Centurion and Genevieve sitting at a table. They are holding their hands together over the table, with the menu barely visible below them. They are clearly in a restaurant of some kind.)

Centurion: I told you, Scranton has one of the biggest St. Patrick's Day celebrations in the country. I went a few years ago for the first time and I got hooked. This year, they asked me if I wanted to walk in the parade, and I wasn't going to say no to that opportunity.

Genevieve: No, Andy...why are we at Pizza Hut?

(The camera pans out and, sure enough, Genevieve and Centurion are sitting at a booth at Pizza Hut. There are two other tables that have people seated at them - the rest of the dining area is empty because people don't sit down and eat at Pizza Hut anymore. Hipsters. What, did you outgrow Pizza Hut? You ate there all the time with your friends. You'd get a pitcher of cola, trade in your Book-It ticket for a tiny pizza, and partied the night away. Now, you're old and jaded and only eat things like quinoa and kale.)

Centurion: I really enjoy it.

Genevieve: You could fly to Italy for pizza. You could go to New York or Chicago or anywhere else...and you decide to eat at Pizza Hut?

Centurion: Their crust has that nice, crunchy texture to it, and I actually enjoy their wings. I've spent way too much of my life going to restaurants trying to be nice and fancy and eating shitty food in the process. This week is all about kicking back and having fun, and that's what I plan on doing.

(As Centurion talks, a waitress walks up to the table with two drinks - a water for Genevieve and a Mt. Dew for Centurion. Centurion immediately tosses the tiny paper bit at the top of the straw off as Genevieve shakes her head.)

Genevieve: Just promise me we're not going to be eating junk food the entire time we're here.

Centurion: Oh, no. Absolutely not. I know of a few really nice places in the area that I plan on taking you to. Don't worry. I'm not a complete cheapskate!

Genevieve: I never worried about that. I'm more worried about you eating food that is terrible for you.

Centurion: Please, I'm a professional athlete in my prime...

Genevieve: Prime?

(Centurion glares at Genevieve.)

Centurion: ...a little past my prime, but still, I'm an athlete in wonderful shape, I train every day, and I eat all that healthy shit 300 days out of the year. Besides, I'm younger than you. You're like, 800 years old or something like that?

(Genevieve touches the straw of her drink to get lips as she lets out a wry smile and a wink.)

Genevieve: Something like that.

Centurion: Besides, this is a time for celebration! I got my belt back, tossed all of 's goons into the ether, and now I'm relaxing and partying until I end Tristan Slater's career. What more can you ask for?

Genevieve: Better food?

(Centurion let's out a "psht!" as he takes a sip of his Mt. Dew.)

Centurion: "Good food" is completely subjective. The world shames up for our palette. They try to tell us that, the more expensive the items, the better it must be. I disagree. Sure, there's lots of really good food that will cost you a pretty penny, but there's also expensive food that is just downright gross. Caviar, for example.

Genevieve: You don't like caviar?

Centurion: Absolutely not. And I was around it CONSTANTLY when I went to high class functions. People suck that shit down like it's the cure for impotence. I'm convinced they do it just because it's expensive. If caviar was five bucks, no one would eat it.

Genevieve: Well, you like hamburgers. How do you feel about those really expensive ones?

(Centurion looks up and to the right, as if to think. He takes another sip of his drink before answering.).

Centurion: I'm torn. I've had some absolutely outstanding burgers that cost the price of a sedan. I've also had ones that were really talked up to me, and they turned out flat. So it all depends. There are certain things that NEED to be expensive. Champagne, for example. Cheap champagne is absolutely disgusting. Cheap Thai food usually leads to bad things happening to my insides. But pretty much everything else? Meh.

(As he says that, the waitress returns to the table with a tray of food. She sets a pizza down in the middle on that black metal thing that seems to exist just for pizza, and she sets a plate of buffalo wings down in front of Centurion. She then sets a plate of pasta down in front of Genevieve, making her the only person in the world to ever actually order the pasta from Pizza Hut. Centurion rubs his hands together with a huge smile on his face as the waitress walk away.)

Centurion: Oh yeah!

(Genevieve smiles and shakes her head.)

Genevieve: You're like a child sometimes.

Centurion: It took me a long time to enjoy the simple things in life, Genie. That's why I get so excited over these kinds of things.

Genevieve: I can appreciate that. I'm just happy to see...joy on your face.

(Centurion reaches for a slice of pizza and puts it on his plate.)

Centurion: As opposed to what?

Genevieve: General grumpiness.

Centurion: Oh...I'm still plenty grumpy. It's just not as visible right now. My grumpy is taking a nap. It's waiting to be released when I get into the ring at March Madness.

Genevieve: Really? Just "grumpy?" Not "pure rage"?

(Centurion takes a bite out of his slice of pizza before putting it back down and wiping his hands on a napkin. He sits back and puts his hands behind his head.)

Centurion: What do I have to rage about? Everything has gone exactly according to plan. I have the opponent I want. I'm riding a wave of victories. I'm in Pennsylvania partying with the sexiest lady I know. I want for nothing right now.

(Centurion takes another bite of his pizza, and as he does, his phone lets off a buzz. As he's chewing, he checks his phone, before shrugging and setting it back down on the table.)

Genevieve: Who is that?

Centurion: Old acquaintance of mine. Hey, on the way back to the hotel, remind me to pick up a case of Strongbow. I know where we can get one for cheap. It'll go really good with the leftovers.

(Genevieve just shakes her head again as she grabs her fork and stabs into her pasta. Before the scene ends, a brief glimpse of Centurion's phone is seen, revealing his last text message.)

Quote: Tula:
We have to talk.

------You Always Try To Put Me Down------

You have no idea how happy I am right now.

When I came back a year ago, I had a list of folks I wanted to fight. Some of those folks, like Tony Santos, I have already fought. Some of those folks, like Dolly Waters, left before I had the opportunity. And some of those folks remain on the list, just waiting for the right opportunity.

Tristan Slater is on that list. In fact, he's at the top.

All of this running around - the backstage assaults, stealing the Hart Title, calling me out - it was completely unnecessary. I wanted this match. Hell, I've wanted this match since you came back, Tristan. The very first thing I did when you walked out to the ring with Chris Page was try to figure out a way to make Centurion Vs Slater happen.

You know why it took this long? Management. Management didn't want to give us this match. No, they thought Centurion Vs Peter Gilmour for the 900th time would be more entertaining, apparently.

Actually, the truth is, the upper management of this company didn't want you anywhere near the Hart Title. They felt like you'd disgrace it. That's why they all collectively gasped when you attacked me and walked out with the belt. They know what kind of person you are, and they thought you would pawn the thing, or toss it into a lake or something.

I know this probably pisses you off, but not nearly as much as it pisses me off. You know what that tells me? That tells me management didn't have faith that I'd win - or, at the very least, they thought you had a shot. Think of that - they had no problem with the possibility of Peter Gilmour or Mastermind winning the belt, but they drew the line at you. Why? Well, to explain that, we have to go back to the beginning.

See, I remember when you first joined the XWF, Tristan. You weren't just good - you were GREAT. You were THE MAN! You tore through the opposition like it was tissue paper. Honestly, if it wasn't for you, there is no way this place would have survived it's relaunch in 2012. I'm serious. When Shane decided to bring this place back as a "new federation with new faces", things were looking pretty bleak. They were even bleaker when he went against his "no old guys" policy and brought back that human HIV test case known as Cyren. If it wasn't for you, we likely would have had live sex shows with and Cyren every week, and the place would have closed in three months.

But not only did you stop Cyren, but you ran him out of here. I'm the process, you brought credibility to the XWF Championship, the biggest title belt in the XWF at the time. The belt around any other waist would have made the reboot of the XWF look like a cheap WGWF clone, but that belt around your waist? That gave it some weight.

Needless to say, was pissed. He was downright furious. So he threw everything he could at you - stables, weird matches, stupid rules, random 24/7 cases - whatever he could to get that belt off you and run you out. And when it became clear that wasn't going to be successful, he fucked you over. Royally. He came up with some bullshit steroid charge and threw you out of the XWF while you were at the top of your game. I remember when you came into WGWF after that. You were incensed. You were so full of rage from that moment that you turned it into a pretty solid career against folks much more talented than the XWF roster was back then. You wanted to burn down the XWF. So did I. Hell, a lot of us did, because we were either fucked over by Shane , or we saw this place as nothing more than a husk using the name of a legendary promotion.

I say all that to say this - I don't think anyone has fallen from grace harder than Tristan Slater.

It's been eight years, and in that eight years, you've gone from top guy in the promotion, to midcarder in another, to a lackey used to fill in for MDK's epic failures, to now being the sidekick of a sidekick.

And it's not just how far you've fallen, but it's also who you decided to align yourself with - Shane , the very man who took everything away from you in the first place. The very man who sent you on this downward spiral that you've been in. Shane had one goal in mind - to humiliate you.

Mission accomplished.

Trust me when I say this - nothing is giving Shane a bigger boner than seeing the superstar who spurned him all those years ago now willingly fetching coffee and donuts for him. From this point on, doesn't give a shit what happens. He's playing with house money in this match. Sure, he hates me, but even if I win, he's not losing anything precious to him.

That takes me back to my original point - why didn't management want you anywhere near the Hart Title? Because if you somehow won the thing, you'd tank it's credibility.

That's where you're at now, Slater. You've gone from someone who brought prestige to the biggest title in the federation to being someone who would sink a midcard belt if you got your hands on it. That's not a fall - that's a fucking crater.

You're not THE Tristan Slater anymore. You're just A Tristan Slater. Your not remotely special anymore. There is nothing that sets you apart from anyone else. Tristan Slater, the H&R Block tax consultant from Johnson City, Missouri? As special as you are. Tristan Slater, the 25 year old graphic designer in New York that shares a one bedroom apartment with three other dudes? Yup, same energy. Hell, there was a time when your name would be a trending topic on Twitter. Now, if I Google your name, the first results are some pole vaulter from Tennessee and a lady at Grove City College. Your Wikipedia page is probably three sentences at this point.

"Tristan Slater was born on some date. He became XWF Champion in 2012. He did fuck all after that."

My reason for wanting to fight you, Slater, is two fold. The first reason is because I wanted to fight the best and brightest of the Shane era, and you were absolutely at the very top. While your success came before the peak of filthiness that would beseige the XWF during that time, there is still no doubt that your greatest success occured during that time, and if I want to continue to talk shit about how much better my era was than the Era, I have to prove it.

The second reason, though, isn't a selfish one. In fact, it's for the betterment of everyone, including yourself. I want this...so I can euthanize you.

The XWF doesn't deserve to have Tristan Slater be a laughing stock. I'm ok with the other useless fuckers from that era - Scorpio, Mark Flynn, Trax - being looked at as utter failures, but you? No, it's not fair to everyone who saw you as a hero for standing up to Shane .

And normally I don't give a shit about that kind of stuff. Bigg Rigg coming back every two years and ruining his legacy is hilarious to me, and I would never stand in the way of him continuously falling on his face. But it's different with you. You were the first post-Jon Brown superstar. You were the first person to reach the heights of fame and success after the purging of the XWF. You symbolized something bigger than just you.

Unfortunately, the end calls for us all - though, it comes for some quicker than it comes for others.

That's why I'm so damn happy you decided to put your career on the line. The symbolism of this is just so beautiful. Shane bans all the old roster members from joining, and attempts to erase the entire history of the XWF, and you come in as his first big superstar. Then I return, opening the flood gates for my generation to come back, and in doing so, I end your career. I was supposed to be the one who never saw the inside of an XWF ring again. I was supposed to be the one who people only remember in stories, and talk about as part of the past. I was supposed to be in a retirement home, while you were supposed to be the new legend and icon of the XWF, eliminating contenders to your throne as you stake your claim as one of the best to ever step foot in the ring.

Instead, I'm still here, in the midst of one of the greatest Hart Title runs of all time, and after March Madness, it will be you that will have people saying "hey, remember him? Remember Tristan Slater?"

I'll make sure they remember you fondly, Slater. I'll make sure they only remember the beginning, and not the time you spent holding the umbrella for Engineer and Dyson. I might even tell everyone we had a bad ass match on your way out, proving yourself to be an excellent competitor, even as the end came for you.

I mean, it will be a lie, but I'll still say it. I'll say it because I have respect for what you once were. I'll say it because the alternate version - the real version - is just sad: Tristan Slater, a shell of his former self, overestimated his abilities in the ring and threw it all on the line in a match against Centurion. He failed, miserably, as Tristan Slater met his...

FINAL FANTASY!!!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Centurion's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-17-2020), Ari Silverstein (03-15-2020), Atara Raven (03-15-2020), Corey Smith (03-15-2020), Ned Kaye (03-15-2020), Peter Fn Gilmour (03-15-2020), Shawn Warstein (03-15-2020), Theo Pryce (03-21-2020)