Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:06 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness 2020 RP Board
PlaceMarker Only One Chance
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

03-28-2020, 10:59 PM

OOC: Gonna format later. Pretty devoted to making sure most of this story I had planned out gets out there, win or lose. I hope at the very least y’all enjoy this one RP I can really pour my thoughts and ideas into. Thanks for reading and please stay safe.(Also, realizing that I will ikely only get so far, so I’ll probably post the rest and get DQ’d, lol, or post the rest as a CD. because I really do want to tell this story the way I wanted, match be damned.)

EDIT: I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum, oof. I'll ask a mod to move it in the morning.

Chapter I: Only One Chance

March 16th, 2020

In the stagnant air of The Notorious Gym, Dewey Main looked through a suitcase, his hands pulling a decorative flask from within. There was a variety of etchings engraved upon it, accented with a deep, reflective black. The metal felt cold to the touch as he bounced it in his hand slightly, checking for any liquids within. The flask felt empty in his palm, reminding of him of the rather dire state of the gym he stood in. The kid had told him about how busy this place could get, but it seemed to Dewey as if those days had passed long before they truly had. With a shrug, he reached into his bag, looking for something to fill his flask. Glancing upward, he saw Ethan sitting in a chair, his things collected in a case sat before him. He and the younger man hadn't really gotten along. While Ned was occasionally irritable at Dewey pushing and ranting, Ethan was downright rebellious. But that sense was nowhere to be seen in Ethan's face, his skin still bruised and scarred. It was just the nameless expression you see from those who experience a true horror and live to tell it. Despite their differences, Dewey felt for him. He didn't ask to be in this war, but he had sure gotten the worst of it more than Ned ever could.

"You holding up, kid?"

Ethan nodded vacantly, his expression unchanged.

"I'll have plenty o' time to talk your ear off while we're holed up in the car. Maybe you'll even learn something, heh!"

The boy didn't respond immediately, choosing instead to focus on nothing in particular.

"How bad is it out there?"

Dewey chuckled to himself, trying to be more jovial in his tone.

"Now, how the hell am I supposed to know that? I'm not your phone, son."

Twisting his head to face Main, Ethan stared at him again, his humorless demeanor piercing the older man's attempts. Allowing his tone to become more serious, Dewey replied.

"It's getting worse.”

Dewey looked down, feeling glass against his hand. Lifting the object out of the mess of clothes revealed it was a bottle of Maker’s Mark, a brand the Mains were well acquainted with.

“That’ll do,” he muttered under his breath. Ethan stood, walking upstairs, leaving the self-qualified personal trainer alone.

In his office, Ned placed a picture of himself, younger with his fiance, Lilian. He can remember the little details he took for granted when he was travelling around in his car, trying to make it from show to show. Even the smaller arenas being sold out were enough for him. It wasn’t about the money or the glory. Seeing people out there cheer him on made it all worth it. But everything going on made that practically impossible. He had tried to record a few promos, but found himself without the voice that had gotten him to the XWF in the first place. With a single event, the normality of his existence was thrown out and brought in was the world that the Shane Carvers of society thrived on. The world that burnt for the amusement of The Engineer and his ilk. And even with his XWF career on the line, he found that he stood in the shadow of something far more cataclysmic than just a wrestling match.

Just a wrestling match, Ned thought. Wouldn’t that be calming?

A single knock emanated from his office door, causing Ned to call out.

“It’s open.”

Ethan gently cracked the door open, giving his best friend a small wave. As Ned stared into his eyes, there was a deadness in them. As if something was stripped away from him.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

Ned couldn’t help but feel something deep within him twist at the sight of his friend like this. It felt like poison being injected into the farthest reaches of his very being. Ethan never had to be there at Savage. He could’ve been with his parents or anywhere else. But he was devoted to being there for Ned and that fact wasn’t lost on Ned for a moment.

“James is almost here.”

“Yeah, he texted me, too. I’ve been attempting to get my things in order before we set off. You need help packing?”

“No.”

Kaye gave a slight nod, returning to the task of packing.

“Ned.”

“Yeah?”

“Don’t…. Don’t take this guy lightly,” Ethan spoke quietly. “He’s not normal. He’s not…-”

“Human?”

“Yeah…”

“I know,” Ned responded, closing his suitcase. He approached his friend, placing an arm around him.

“I’m not gonna let that happen to you again.”

“I’ll be okay. ...Just make sure you’re alright. It’s your match we’re talking about.”

“But you’re my friend. You always come first. Universal Title be damned.”

The two approach the office door and walk back downstairs. Seeing Dewey fully prepped and ready to go, certainly more solemn than he was typically. Opening the door somewhat unexpectedly is the impeccable James Raven.

“Well, not sure how much I agree with getting a truck, but we’re stocked and ready to go. So, who’s ready to go to Vegas?”

He’s met with a silent room at his remark.

“Don’t get too excited, fellas.”

As everyone heads towards the door, James stops Ned, placing a socially distanced hand in front of him.

“Not too fast, hot shot. We got business to discuss.”

“Huh?”

“If you want to be champion, you have to be ready to promote the fed. I mean, have you seen the numbers since Engy got that thing? That whole coalition is completely uninterested in appealing to anyone. So, we need to start ensuring you have some pull.”

“Meaning..?”

“I got you an interview.”

“An interview? What show?”

Chapter 2: Questions

March 17th, 2020

“Hey! What’s going on everybody? For First We Feast, I’m Sean Evans and you’re watching Hot Ones. It’s the show with hot questions and even hotter wings. And today I’m joined by Ned Kaye. You know him from putting boots to faces on XWF Television and an interesting venture into assisting his local community. How do you feel about taking the gauntlet today?”

“I’m feeling like I might need to rethink my choice of manager,” Ned responds with a chuckle.

Cutting a bit ahead, the footage shows Ned and Sean both holding the first chicken wing. With an introduction of the branded sauce, they both take a sizable bite.

“That’s actually a damn good sauce,” Ned remarks.

Sean sits back slightly, his head shaking with a pleasantly shocked expression. “Thank you, Ned!”

“Now, you’ve decided to always attempt to go big with your choice of opponents despite difficulty in actually securing wins against them. Why exactly is that?”

“Part of it is about faith of a sort. And another part of it is feeling like I have something to prove. Y’know, as much as I attempt to not dwell on it much, I absolutely feel the pressure when it comes to the people I share time with. Big D is a multiple time champion. All of APEX Prophecy is just amazing performer after amazing performer, so when you’re in that position, of course you’re going to take challenges people don’t expect you to live up to. I also know that I’m capable of a lot more than some will give me credit for. It’s just a matter of that faith in yourself being able to push you taking on any challenge. Now, I already proved that I can pin The Engineer, so it’s just a matter of putting it into effect.”

The clip cuts ahead to Ned, seven wings in, handling the heat poorly as hunches over. His glass of milk is empty as Evans smiles, doing his best to continue with the interview.

“I can’t believe they made something that bad! I really thought everybody was exaggerating about Da Bomb…”

“Trust me, man, I know. I tried to get it off, but I had like three producers explain to me why torturing people was profitable.”

Christ.”

“Now, we’re all aware you’ve faced some pretty big struggles on the way to where you are. What do you think was the biggest obstacle placed in front of you?”

Ned thinks for a moment, thinking his answer through carefully.

“Losing my Dad and Lili. It’s one of those things that grounds you. It reminds you that you could go at any point. I relied on them for a lot of stuff, especially Dad. These are the people who reminded me at whatever point I was that my dreams and desires mattered. Even where I am now, I get treated like a joke often. Like an afterthought. I mean, my match with The Engineer is essentially him doing absolutely everything in his power to tell the world that I’m completely unimportant. I mean, this guy had the audacity to use my friend as a human shield so he could start a riot at one of our shows. You think the people controlling him, y’know, Shane and Madison, you think they give one single damn about the XWF staying alive as a company? Shane had an entire reign of ownership accented by his lack of a fuck to give about what people wanted to see!’

“I mean, some of these people really forget what happened when Shane was involved back in the day. This guy put on the most vile, disgusting programming in the business because he found the chaotic element amusing. That’s the guy we’re dealing with. A man who put layer after layer of corruption under him so he could sit back and watch a bunch of scat matches and controversy.”

“Well, you should probably save that anger for when you’re fighting Shane.”

“Aren’t I fighting him? Do you honestly believe that this Engineer is anything more than an approximation of humanity based on the qualities Shane thinks are relevant doused in some of the most flimsy Dexter Bright nostalgia possible. Shane and his creation don’t care about anything but continuing that chain of entropy that Dyson helped propel Dexter into. Not to say Dexter wasn’t a piece of work himself, but he certainly didn’t strap his back to outrage politics for a simple pat on the back and a platform. Besides, Dyson is the only person in their troupe with any sort of ideals or beliefs and those pretty much boil down to preferring a destroyed planet than one with black people.”

“You’ve been pretty frustrated with their antics, haven’t you?” Sean laughs somewhat as Ned nods with a matter of fact face.

Chapter 3: Trial

March 22nd, 2020

Dewey looks over Ned’s stance as they stand out in front of a snowy mountain, on one of its many plateaus. Kaye looks exhausted as he does best to meet his trainer’s specifications.

“Too sloppy, kid. Do the routine again.”

Ned shakes his head, doing his best to perform an acrobatic display and stand before Dewey again in an improved variant of his previous grappling stance. Unfortunately for Ned, the entire attempt falls apart quickly as he botches an initial roll.

“Goddammit, kid! We don’t have enough time for you to be screwing up like this!” Dewey takes a swig from his flask.

“Look, Dewey, I just need some rest. I feel like I’ve been pushing myself to the brink lately and with everything going on, I just can’t get into the mindset I was prepping myself for. Please, cut me a little slack.”

“Slack doesn’t win belts.”

“Well, I’m pretty sure my corpse doesn’t either. Can I please have a minute?”

Main shrugs, waving a dismissive hand towards Ned.

“Fine.”

Feeling depleted, Ned walks off to a different part of the mountain, lugging a small bag with him. With a heavy sigh, Ned pulls out a video camera and begins recording.

“You know, it’s times like this that I wish Steve Jason was still cutting promos. I know he’d be able to summarize all of this concisely and say something that could be looked back on. Hell, just someone willing to take that chance and attempt to look at the world in that way would be a welcome change of pace. But it seems like we abandoned that long ago in favor of encouraging The Engineers of the world. You know, I wonder all the time about where I’d be if I kept that vendetta to Robert Main that Dexter Bright so generously shared with me. I ask myself what that hate led to. What paths I’d take given the right push in a particularly long fall from grace. But if you look at what happened to Lux and Corey and The Engineer’s own son, then you know precisely where that path leads. And the really sad thing is that it all came from a place of concern. Lux had the best interest in keeping this world alive because she believed in the good of it. Yet, she surrounded herself in an environment that invited evil into her living room. And now Lux is nowhere to be seen. Lost somewhere in-between the devilish creation of Shane’s depravity and the void itself.”

“Was she punished for loving someone? For caring about humanity? No. Lux was an example that even the brightest star can lose its light in the right circumstances. Rather, that’s what Shane would have you believe. And I’m sure our New Engineer would revel in that presumption, but the truth is far simpler. I’ve been saying this for a while, but it’s easy to forget. Engy, you may look like us and even sound like us a little... “

“But you’re not human. Not properly human at least. You’re just what Shane desperately wants, no, needs humanity to be. Because if the sum of humanity is the completely morally bankrupt slate of cells and base instincts you represent, then maybe, just maybe he isn’t as bad as he was made out to be. But seeing The Engineer revel in what it means to be human is so funny to me, because he assumes all of humanity is some entitled brat living easy off of Daddy’s money. He doesn’t know struggle. He was given that championship the day Lux died because he inhabited the same body, but he didn’t earn it. Hell, he didn’t even try to be worthy. He doesn’t know what it means to love or to fight for something you care about because even his passion for chaos is approximate. It’s a cheap imitation designed by someone who barely knows what it means to be a human being based on shock jock programming practices. But of the course Engy will proclaim what we are collectively despite not being us in the slightest. Of course he will think he devoted his life to this cause, ignoring the blatant fact that even his loyalty was manufactured. Planted rather than chosen. That’s why The Engineer strives to be this dark bringer of death. Because behind all that is a powerless nothing wanting desperately to have the qualities he believes are indicative of what he’s supposed to be, but never can be. You have that belt, but you didn’t win it. You have that body, but it isn’t yours. You have motives, but you’ll never know the feeling of creating your own beliefs. That’s why I have this covered, Engy. Because behind all the gravitas, I’m what you could only ever aspire to be, Universal Championship or not.”

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 38 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-29-2020), Atara Raven (03-29-2020), B.O.B. D (03-29-2020), Barney Green (03-29-2020), Corey Smith (03-29-2020), Luna Hightower (03-31-2020), Robert "The Omega" Main (03-29-2020), Shawn Warstein (03-29-2020)