Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 09:21 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Vice From Above
Calvary Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

01-15-2020, 10:54 PM

"We all have our vices, Barney.

"From the very microorganisms that make up the cosmos to the black holes destroying the very existence of time and space, everyone… everything has vices. It doesn’t even take sentience to have these crippling disabilities. They latch onto the host and slowly fixate them and focus their attention solely on them.

"It’s something that can be helped, but it’s something that must be addressed.

"You see, Barney, you do have a problem. Anyone who spends more than a few moments with your or near you can see it as apparent as the eyepatch upon your face. Your vice has not only controlled your actions and commands, but it has completely enveloped your being.

"You have developed into your vice, Barney.

"Those who hear my words may already be jumping to conclusions and think that my reasoning is leading to your weight. Or perhaps they think I’m leaning towards your issues with substances such as this ‘can of green’ that you have referred to. They would be mistaken.

"Barney may have other vices that do affect his life, but his primary fault is not these frivolous things that he consumes. His main problem derives from one essential crux.

"Attention.

"Barney has a thirst, a need for being in the spotlight. It’s why he puts on these dresses, and it’s why he makes preposterous statements that everyone knows does not hold his true feelings. He’s may lash out, but truthfully, he just wants you to remember him.

"He needs you to.

Barney’s very sanity is driven by the fact that everyone not allow him to fade into obscurity. He needs all eyes on him, and he’s proven that he’ll do whatever it takes to ensure that that remains true.

"It’s saddening, but there is help you can get, Barney.

"You can be saved.

"You could say that that is my vice. It has encompassed me in the same way that yours has you. I must save those who otherwise can’t save themselves. It’s a curse that I must bear for all of eternity just the same as you bear your own.

"This is why I’m here, Barney.

"I’m prescribing the medicine to cure the disease not the symptoms, and, unlike most doctors, I will make you take your pills.

"At Thursday Night Anarchy, I will be giving you exactly what you need.

"You have my full attention.

"Although, you may regret it.

"You need saving, Barney.

"And I’m here to give you everything you can handle.

"And more."

Before…

Two kids slowly walk through the same forested area that we had seen before with foliage not matching that of Earth’s. Vic, the thinner and paler of the two, reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small talisman that glows for a moment. As it does, a shimmering ship appears before them. They approach the ship before opening the door and stepping inside. Kal Vari sits in the nearest chair and puts his face in his hands. Vic Tori looks a bit hesitant before stepping towards the front of the alien ship. He sits in the pilot’s seat and begins starting up the ship’s systems.

“So what are you going to tell them in your report, Vic?” Kal asks as he places a hand on the back of the Vic’s seat.

“Just going to report what we saw, Kal. Our people are being used as slaves for some form of mining facility. Obviously, they’re wearing some sort of collars inhibiting their abilities. We need to let The Divinity know that.”

Vic pulls up on the throttle as the ship veers into the sky. Kal takes his seat as he folds his arms, obviously still fuming.

“I don’t like it.”

“You think I do?”

“You don’t seem to be having a tough time making this decision to just leave them!”

“I wanted nothing more than to storm that city and break our brethren free, Kal. But what purpose would it serve?”

“They’d be FREE!”

“No. We discussed this. They wouldn’t be free. They simply would add two to their ranks whenever they figured out how to get those collars onto us. I know you’re smart enough to know this, Kal.”

Kal sits back and just stews.

“You still agree to our promise?”

“Absolutely. Next time we see someone in jeopardy or in need of saving, we save them. But you have to realize that’s what we’re doing by reporting back. We’re getting back-up, and we’re doing it the just way. The Divinity can come in and aid us and give us the jurisdiction to enter.”

“Divines, I hate when you’re right.”

Vic laughs as he stares into the cosmos.

“It’s gorgeous, isn’t it? I can’t ever get over the vastness of our universe.”

“Anywhere is better than that dungheap, Krunt.”

Vic frowns.

“Sometimes you have to enjoy the moments in life, Kal. They are always fleeting.”

“Yeah, just wake me up when we get there.”

With that disgruntled ending to the conversation, Kal stands up and makes his way to the back of the ship. Vic sighs.

“You’ll learn one of these days, Kal. Our universe is much crueler than our upbringings would inform us. So many beasts lurking in the shadows.”

Vic’s eyes narrow as he continues his navigation towards the Divinity homebase.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Calvary's post:
(01-15-2020), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-16-2020), Barney Green (01-15-2020), Theo Pryce (01-16-2020)