Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-04-2024, 01:31 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Never Back Down
michaelarcherjr Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

12-18-2019, 11:33 PM

Never Back Down

“Another Please.”

[The scene opens to Michael, sitting at a local bar in Bangor, Wales. The room is dark, inaudible hard rock music plays lightly in the background, Michael sips his drink as he looks up at the TV behind the bar, he notices the TV playing promotional videos for the upcoming Wednesday Night Warfare.]

“Could you turn that up?”

[Michael asks as the Bartender nods and obliges, walking toward the back wall and turning up the volume on the TV.]

“This is my ascension back to the top. This is the revitalizing of my legacy…”

[The words of Chris Chaos blares through the bar as, Michael looks up at the screen with a sneer. Ascension huh? Michael hopes to make it the beginning of his descent back into obscurity, into the annals of XWF history where he belongs, for the future belongs to Michael Archer Junior.]

“My soul belongs to the XWF Universe…”

[The TV switches over to the familiar face of, Robbie Bourbon. Michael nods as he takes another sip of his drink to his lips, Robbie’s words are commendable he is a man who competes with all his heart and soul night in and night out. If Michael was honest he’d admit he didn’t have a problem with Robbie specifically, he only views him as a target, a stepping stone standing in his way of his greater goal, fame and glory, bringing honor to the Archer name. It is in Michael’s opinion a shame that someone as respectable as Robbie has to be his first target, but it is what it is, Michael didn’t make the match, he’s just determined to do whatever it takes to win it.]

“I have a new quest. That quest is to be the greatest Hart Champion of all time. Lofty goal, I know, but I can do it…”

“Is that right Mister Centurion?”

[Michael says aloud to the TV as he finishes his drink listening to the words of the Champ himself. It would seem Centurion is a very confident man indeed, that’s fine, Michael is very familiar with the age old saying “Pride comes before the fall.” and he plans on making Centurion aware of the old adage as well. Michael sets his empty cup on the bar and begins to stand, but before he can, he feels a hand grab his shoulder from behind. Michael turns his head to see who grabbed him.]

“Is that you?”

[Michael sees two large men behind, the one with his hand on Michael’s shoulder speaks with a gruff voice as he points toward the TV,]

“I am the most dangerous man in this match, I am a man thrown into the fire…”

[Michael’s words echo throughout the bar through the TV as he turns back toward the man and simply nods.]

“You got a lot of balls don’t you kid?”

[The man takes his hand off Michael’s shoulder. Michael looks back and forth between both of the men now in front of him, both men tower over him at about 6’6 and 6’8 respectively, both men appear to be well fed, if Michael had to guess he’d say they had to weigh a three hundred a piece. Michael once again nods, this time with a smile on his face as the two men look at each other and laugh.]

Man #1: “You think your tough don’t ya?”

Man #2: “You think your tough enough to take us boy?”

[The man who has thus far remained quiet asks in an equally gruff voice as his friend, Michael turns his attention back and forth between both men before balling up his fists, however before he can react, he hears the voice of his father ring through his head.]

“Never throw the first punch.”

[Michael stands still, his eyes begin to glaze over as his two would be assailants stare at him not sure what’s going, Michael’s mind drifts back to distant memories…]

“You understand me son?”

[We see a younger Michael Archer Junior standing in a garage with an older man. The man has no shirt on, looking ripped complete with six-pack abs and bulging biceps.]

“No matter what, if anyone tries to start a fight with you, you never throw the first punch.”

[Michael’s father tells him before staring at his son for a moment, not sure if his words are registering or not.]

Michael Sr.: “You do that and you expose yourself right away, that’s why you always let them strike first, then you counter, get them off balance and take control of the situation. You understand me son?”

[Young Michael stares at the black punching bag behind him and his father...]

“Are you or something boy?”

[We hear the first large man from the bar say as Michael ignores him.]

“We gonna take this outside or not?”

[The second man from the bar can be heard saying as Michael still appears to be deep in thought.]

Michael Sr.: “But most importantly, you never ever back down from a fight you hear me son? Never, it’s not in the Archer blood to back away from a fight, you hear me son?”

[we see young Michael once again staring at the same punching before finally looking at his father and nodding.]

“You deaf boy!”

[The first large man shouts as Michael stands in front of him, instead of answering Michael simply pushes through the two men and begins to make his way toward the exit as the two men follow close behind. As Michael makes his way out of the bar he is immediately grabbed from behind by the second large man and thrown into the brick wall of the outside of the bar before being tossed down onto the concrete sidewalk. The two men put they’re steel-toed boots to Michael’s ribcage as he lies face down unable to protect himself, the two men kick away at him for a minute before one slaps the other on the chest.]

Man #1: “Come on, this little bitch is done for.”

[The two men laugh as they walk away, leaving Michael on the ground. Michael gathers up enough strength to push himself up on his hands and knees, as he does blood comes out of his mouth, Michael spits it out as he gives a weak chuckle.]

Michael: “At Least I didn’t walk away.”

[With that the scene fades.]

Interview with Steve Sayors

[The scene opens to a ringside setting. We see XWF interviewer Steve Sayors sitting in a chair in front of the ring wearing a nice suit and looking very professional. In another chair directly in front of him sits Michael Archer Junior, wearing a red Under Armour shirt, and black tights with the word “Marksmen” running down the side of each leg.]

Steve Sayors: Ladies, and Gentlemen, I’m here with the XWF’s newest signee, Michael Archer Junior. Thank you for joining me Michael.”

[Steve motions toward Michael with his hand as Michael nods in response.]

Steve Sayors: “Now Michael, you have been tasked with quite the challenge in your first match here in the XWF. It will be you, verses Robbie Bourbon, verses Barney Green, verses Chris Chaos, verses Centurion in a Chambers Match. A match in which you have no experience. Can you tell me what your initial thoughts are entering this contest?”

[Michael nods and sits up in his chair leaning forward toward Sayors before answering.]

Michael: “Opportunity Steve. That’s my initial thoughts, that’s the reason I came here to the, Extreme Wrestling Federation, and they have granted me one of the greatest opportunities ever presented. I have been given the opportunity to make history, to come into the XWF as a relative unknown, and in my first match, right here in Bangor Wales, I have the opportunity to win the Hart Championship. Now I ask you Steve, is that the kind of opportunity you think I should pass up?”

[Steve cranks his neck a little before answering the question.]

Steve Sayors: “Well there are a lot of men that might, that is to say it could be daunting to some to step into that ring, in their first match, against four of the toughest men the XWF have to offer.”

[Michael slinks back in his chair and shrugs his shoulders.]

Michael: “Maybe some people would be intimidated, but as I said, I revel in the opportunity. Chris Chaos, one of my opponents for this match called me a marked man, what he doesn't understand, what nobody seems to understand is that I live for that very prospect. I enjoy walking around with a target on my back, it keeps me on my toes, keeps me agile, ready to pounce on anyone that looks in my direction on my path to the top. They say I have a target on my back as if it’s a bad thing, but I’m the one who put it there, I drew the ex to mark the spot, here I am ladies and gentlemen, you want some, come get some.”

[Sayors nods taking in Michael’s words before continuing.]

Steve Sayors: “ A lot of confidence from the newcomer, but let’s be honest here Michael, your starting this match against XWF’s local monster Robbie Bourbon, tell me have you ever had experience in the ring with a man like Robbie?”

[Michael laughs at the very idea of Steve’s question.]

Michael: “Is there anyone else the size and power of Robbie Bourbon? I tell you what if there is I don’t want to meet him.”

[Steve and Michael share a slight chuckle before he continues.]

Michael: “However despite the sheer mass of my opponent, I fear not. Robbie, you said that I should be scared to step in the ring with you, well look in my eyes Robbie.”

[Michael points as the camera zooms in, there is a unique intensity to his fiery stare.]

Michael: “Do you see any fear in these eyes Robbie? No! You see the fact of the matter is, there is not a monster, man, woman, child, wombat, aristocrat, or bureaucrat, nothing on this earth that can strike fear in my heart.”

[Michael slumps back in his chair, relaxing once more before continuing.]

Michael: “You know though Robbie, while I do not fear you, I do feel sorry for you. You recently learned a lesson that I learned long ago, and that is in this business, hell even in life, you can’t trust anyone Robbie. At Lethal Lottery the man you bonded with, the man you put your trust in, he turned his back on you just like everyone eventually does Robbie, and for that, for your own naivety, I truly feel sorry for you Robbie. You see Robbie, I’m sure your a great guy, but unfortunately after Warfare you will simply be remembered as the first target of The Marksmen himself, the first victim of XWF’s new era, the era of the marksmen.”

[Steve nods as he writes down some notes before continuing.]

Steve Sayors: “Strong words, but let me remind you Mister Archer, Robbie Bourbon is not only a massive man, but a former Universal Champion, and not to be taken lightly. Another man in this Chamber, Chris Chaos is also a Former Universal Champion…”

[Michael puts a finger up halting Sayors mid sentence.]

Michael: “And a former two time Tag Champ, and a former Television Champion, and a former Hart Champion, and a former Spice Girl, and former top cookie seller for Girl Scout troop one-eighty four. I get it he’s been there he’s done that, but one thing he hasn’t done.”

[Michael shakes his finger with a sly grin on his face.]

Michael: “He hasn’t stepped in the ring with Michael Archer Junior. But don’t worry Chris, because at Warfare you’ll have a very special Christmas present waiting just for you, an ass kicking courtesy of yours truly.”

[Michael uses his thumbs to point to himself before turning to face the camera.]

Michael: “You see Chris you seem to think I have made some grand mistake, a major faux pas if you will. When are you people gonna get it? I volunteered, I wanted this I begged for it. I threw my name in the hat against men like Chris Chaos, and Centurion. I did it to prove to everyone right off the bat that I Michael Archer Junior belong in the big leagues I belong here, and not just belong, but I will thrive here in the XWF. I will do whatever it takes to crawl and scratch and fight my way to the top, and this, this is just the beginning, my beginning. Chris you call yourself the last legend here in the XWF, it’s fitting Chris, because you see I am no legend. What I am Chris, is the future, and the future has no place for legends of old, the future is where legends die, and stars rise. Wednesday Night Warfare Chris, your legend will die, and my star will rise. Chris you want to tell me your the most dangerous man on the roster? Well Chris, you haven’t met me yet.”

[There is a brief moment of silence as Michael catches his breath following his impassioned speech, before Steve continues the interview.]

Steve Sayors: “Well Michael, speaking of dangerous men, another man who will be competing in this match is the unstable, unpredictable, Barney Green. A man who claims to have come back from the dead, tell me how do you prepare for a man in the mental state that Barney currently seems to be in?”

[Michael rolls his eyes in disbelief before answering the question.]

Michael: “Well first off Steve, let me start by saying I know full well that taking a man like Barney Green lightly would be a huge mistake, as would trying to understand or even identify with his current mental state. Barney stated that he has no idea who I am, that’s fine. No one knows who I am, what I’m capable of, that is my number one advantage in this match, I’m not the biggest guy, I’m not the most experienced guy in this match. What I am Steve is an unknown enigma, overlooked and written off before the bell has even rung, and that’s just how I like it. You see Steve it’s fine that my opponents want to write me off, it’s fine that Robbie Bourbon wants to poke fun at my little name snafu while in the heat of the moment, because when that bell does ring, I Michael Archer Junior, and yes it is Archer, will shock the world, and win lose or draw, Robbie Bourbon, and especially Barney Green will realize that I’m here for the long haul, that I am a threat, and that while I might not be built like a shit brick house like my two aforementioned opponents I am much more than a write off. I am the future of the Extreme Wrestling Federation.”

Steve Sayors: “Very well. Well Michael this Chamber match is for the Hart Championship, therefore we would be remiss if we didn’t mention the current Hart Champion himself, any thoughts on Centurion?”

[Michael sits up straight in his chair and cracks his neck.]

Michael: “Speaking of being considered a write off, did you know Steve that Centurion said I wouldn’t last five minutes in this match?”

[Michael holds up his right hand with his fingers spread out to represent the number five as Steve slowly nods his head, Michael scoffs at the notion.]

Michael: “You see Steve I know I’ve already beat this over the head over and over again, but I’m fine with being written off, after all, this is my first match here, and it’s quite possibly the biggest opportunity any XWF Rookie has ever been given. You know what I’m not okay with though Steve? I’m not okay with a man assuming that I will simply roll over and die, I said before that I asked for this match, and it wasn’t because I had stars in my eyes, it wasn’t because I have some kind of delusions of grandeur. It’s because I belong here.”

[Michael stands up from his chair and walks closer to the camera, standing feet away as he continues.]

Michael: “Centurion, the Hart Champion, XWF veteran. I want you to watch this, I want you to look at me take it all in, because Wednesday December Twenty-Fifth, whether you believe it or not, you will see me in that ring. You and I will come face to face, and you will realize that I, Michael Archer Junior, I’m not a man that simply rolls over and dies. I don’t care about the odds, I don’t care how big my opponents or nor their respective levels of experience. It doesn’t matter to me Centurion because I am a man who never, ever, backs down from a fight.”

[Michael snarls at the camera as a stream of mucus shoots out of his nostrils.]

“Never back down.”

[Michael begins smacking himself on the side of the head.]

“Never back down.”

[Michael continues to hit himself harder, and harder as his face begins to turn red.]

“Never back down!”

[Michael places his hand on the camera and pushes backwards, knocking the camera man down before storming off in a huff. The scene goes black as he hear rustling in the background, we then hear the voice of Steve Sayors piercing out of the darkness, it sounds like Steve is talking to someone who we can’t hear.]

Steve Sayors: “Remind me never to do this again...Yeah the guy’s crazy…I don’t know, there’s definitely something wrong with him.”

[There is silence for a moment before the scene fades.]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like michaelarcherjr's post:
Atticus Gold (12-20-2019), Corey Smith (12-19-2019), Theo Pryce (12-20-2019)