Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:06 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Lethal Lottery V RP Board
History...
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

11-23-2019, 08:30 PM

There Noah and I sat, both of us preparing for what could easily be the biggest night in the Sick Cunts short history. We aren’t teaming this night, but we both have opportunities to make a rather loud statement. I can win Lethal Lottery, and he can take the TV title from Big D. Thinking about it in reality, Noah should easily walk away with that title. We sit there not talking as I begin to stare off into nothingness.

*Snap* *Snap*

“Dad… Pay Attention…”

Noah snaps in my face, it knocks me out of my daze. I look at Noah and smile.

“What you smiling about cunt?”

“Nothing, it’s just good to see you finally getting the attention you deserve. It’s as if we haven’t been screaming into the abyss for nothing. It’s good to see some of the hard work pay off in the long run.”

“Sure thing Dad… Are you OK? You normally aren’t like this…”

He’s right. Wow I can’t believe that I just said that, but that’s growth I guess. He doesn’t know all of my past, and sometimes it puts me in a difficult situation,I’m an addict. I’ve seen the bottom of the barrel and went deeper. I’ve landed flat on my face, only to get spat upon and deemed lesser. Yet nothing deterred me from accomplishing everything I wanted. Then it all changed. I sat there in a hospital. I can still hear the beeping now. I opened my eyes and saw everyone around me. Some were crying, others were shocked. Apparently I had OD’d and had been seconds away from death, but I fought through it. I survived. It was then that I knew I needed help. This was the one thing I couldn’t beat alone. I quickly checked into rehab.

There I sat, listening to people who have gone through the same things as I have. Watching people at their worst, fight to be their best. It gave me hope. I worked hard, and slowly the withdrawal symptoms faded. My head was clear, and I now needed something to strive for, something to accomplish. Something to distract myself from that voice in my head.

“Just one hit”

I gnaws at the back of my head on a daily, no hourly basis. Even clean, you never rid yourself of the demons residing in your head. I would go to the common room at the center and watch whatever was on the television. It didn’t matter to me, everything was dull. Colors weren’t as vibrant as they once seemed. Everything was just flashing lights, and obnoxious sounds. Then I heard a familiar voice echo from the TV.

There stood James Raven, live and in the flesh. Standing proudly in the middle of a ring, which ring doesn’t matter, but the fact that he was still there, it was…

Eye opening. If he was still in the ring doing what he loved, and what he wanted to do, so could I, but I didn’t have a home. I had no allies in the industry to lean on for help. I was just another washed up, waste of talent, sitting in rehab hoping and wishing for another chance.

It was that day, I decided it was time to fix all the wrongs in my life. It was time to crawl out of the abyss, and make a mark once again. This time things were going to be different. Alas, I was still here, stuck in my own head. Daydreaming about what could happen, and witnessing what reality actually is. I started to work out at first. Then I continued to watch, then it happened. The one point in the history of the XWF that made my blood boil. I sat there and saw who the Universal Champion was,

Peter Gilmour.

The title that has one of the greatest lineages of all the companies out there, and that stain was holding the top title in the industry. It was right then and there, I decided that I was going to come back. For the current iteration of the XWF to spit in the face of everyone like that was the straw that broke the camel’s back. There were a lot of setbacks on my road back to the XWF. From relapses, to injuries, to just losing the drive, I wanted to quit so many times over. I couldn’t do that to Jonathyn, Jayzon, to Epic, To everyone that I walked in the door with. To Stark Deacon, Justin Greenwood, MiGRaNe. Every single one of them deserved a better champion than Peter. So I just wanted to thank Peter, you were the one that put me back in the XWF’s path.

Even with the setbacks, I knew there had to be something driving me to get to this point. I’m the longest tenured member of the XWF currently. Lethal Lottery is just going to be me putting my stamp on the XWF. I’m going to prove once and for all that my Era of the XWF would, can, and will forever be the best. This journey hasn’t been easy, but I’m still here.

Noah breaks my concentration by clapping vigorously in front of my face.

“Dad.. You aren’t listening again. What are you going to do about Vita?”

“Wh-what?”

“Well you know we are….”

“Yeah I get it Noah, you don’t want me to hurt your girlfriend. Fine. Just know that if she gets in my way, I’ll do what I have to. You know what that means right?”

“Yeah.”

“That goes for everyone in the match. Mastermind, Socio, Vita, Ruby, and Shank. I don’t care if Shank and I are the favorites, I can’t take any chances.”

“Yeah I know Dad.”

“Listen Noah, about this calling me ‘Dad’ still even after it’s been proven that I’m not.”

“Yeah, I’ll knock it off.”

“No, go ahead.”

“Say that again cunt?”

“You don’t have to knock it off if you don’t want to. Actually…”

I stop right before I continue. I still haven’t told Noah the actual truth about what happened on Maury. I’m not sure if before the biggest night of our lives is the best time to tell him that I paid someone off to change the samples.

“I’ll tell you later.”

Noah nods and pats me on the back.

“Nervous about tonight?”

“No”

Yes. Since I’ve been back i haven’t had anything to be nervous about. Tonight I get to the opportunity to add to my Legacy. No one expected to see me back here, then again no one saw me getting this far in Lethal Lottery. I carried Big D in the first round, I carried Socio last round, and now for once I don’t have to do the heavy lifting.

“Ok, now I know something isn’t right…”

Noah looks at his watch, and quickly hops up to his feet.

“We’ve still got about an hour before the show starts, lets go get a drink.”

“I don’t think that is going to be the best thing we can do right now.”

Noah sits down, dejected and leans back in his chair. He pulls up a bag and begins to rifle through it. He pulls out a bag and tosses it on my lap. I open it up, and I already know what's in there. The clinking of the glass gave it away. I pull out a few needles and hold them in my hand.

“Where’d you get these?”

“Doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is you have them now, locked and loaded.”

“Not this time…”

I toss the needles to the side. I begin to shake my head, and then I look up at Noah.

“There’s a certain point Noah where these won’t be available. Today is that day. I need to show you that it can be done without them. It’s one thing to take the shortcut all the time, but sometimes you need to do without. You get attention for things like this, you become a Legend when you win without it.”

I get up and begin to walk towards the door. Noah quickly bends over and grabs a few and toss them in his pocket as the camera fades.

The Afterthought:

It’s time, ladies and gentlemen, the time has finally arrived. We’ve all been waiting a month for this, but finally Lethal Lottery has arrived in grand fashion. Here I stand, right in the exact spot I told you all I would. I’m in the Semi-finals of the Lethal Lottery Tournament. Just let me tell each and everyone one of you, this is where I belong. As each round passed, my confidence grew tenfold. I already knew I was Final bound, but now that I can taste it, now that I can touch it, now it’s mine. Sure there are a few things to get out of the way first and foremost. I’m sure everyone is going to bring up the word “TRUST”.

Can I trust Shank? Can Shank trust me? Can Vita trust Ruby… Etc. Yet that’s where all of you are wrong. Right here right now, has absolutely nothing to do with trust. It has everything to do with survival. Who wants to survive? Who wants to kick down the door and break through to the end. Who wants to be the last one standing? It’s real simple, all of us want that, or else why are we here?

Spoiler Alert….

I Win.

I always win, and that’s really what gets people upset. Even when I lose, I win. Let’s take it all the way back to 1999. I was green. I was new. I was motivated. Yet slowly over the course of a few years, I became jaded. I questioned everything and everyone. So much so that no owner wanted anything to do with me. I couldn’t get booked, and just made a mockery of the whole situation.

Hello Mastermind. If it isn’t the current mockery of the Lethal Lottery. How you managed to make it this far is just a blight on this tournament. Sure sometimes the 15 seed beats the 2, but only once has the 16 upset a 1. I know that you think that you actually belong in the ring with me, but come on man, how much of a glutton are you? It’s been proven multiple times since I’ve been back that you aren’t in my league. You’re not even on my radar about people who could possibly win this thing. Why else would I address you first. I saw your little video, and I’ll comment on that later, for now, let's get real.

Delusions of self grandeur is something that most people keep to themselves until they have proven anything in the middle of the ring. In a business built on what have you done for me lately, you have decided to do nothing. Nothing but bitch and moan about where YOU went wrong. About how YOU failed. About how YOU aren’t good enough. Then you got teamed up with the biggest wildcard in this whole thing.

Socio. Yet another person in this match who couldn’t beat me. “But Fuzz, Vinny helped you.” I know right? Threw me for a loop as well, but them's the breaks when you are holding the X-Treme title. Anything goes at anytime. You see that’s something that I knew, and took full advantage of. I’m not going to drop this title to someone as idiotic as yourself, Socio. Help from Vinny or not, there wasn’t any way I wasn’t walking out of there this close to the finish line. I’m to matches away from claiming the big prize. That briefcase is well within my reach, and I plan on grabbing it at Lethal Lottery one way or another. So Socio and Mastermind, I want to thank both of you for showing up, but you’ll only be needed once that night. Feel free to catch the views of South Africa, I’ll be too busy preparing for the finals.

Now onto Ruby herself. The one who slayed the beast. Ruby you have done well for yourself since you ditched the mask and showed some backbone. You stood toe to toe with her and bested her in the middle of the ring, now you’ve got to do it all over again. Only this time you’ve got to finish this match first, and then worry about Sarah, and should you win a third match as well. That’s just too much for one person. Even for a superhero. Three in one night is just too much, I mean not for me, but for you…. Sure. I know that we will have your full attention, to start. Then as the match wears on and you are using all of your energy you’ll be forced to make some business decisions. Do you want to keep your Anarchy title or continue on have have a slight chance to win the whole thing? That’s your call Ruby not mine. I even said I was going to step aside and not pursue the Anarchy title, why? Well I wanted all of you to know where my focus is. It isn’t that title. It’s keeping mine, and winning Lethal Lottery. You need to take a long hard look at what it is you really want come Sunday. Do you want to beat Sarah again? Or just prove her “right” that you aren’t good enough to do it twice.

Hello Vita. What I’m about to say is going to be the toughest thing I’ve done in a long time. What I’m about to say, I hope it doesn’t taint what you think of Noah, but god damn he could do so much better. Noah the Hardest worker in the XWF, and you Vita. The one person to show the world what Sarah was up to, and still couldn’t get the job done. I know that you and Noah are a thing, and that’s fine. That’s not going to stop me from jamming my needle in you and getting what I want, but you already know that don’t you Vita. I’ll do anything to preserve this title, to keep things going in the right direction for Noah and myself. I just find it quite odd how once Noah and I started to make some noise, all of a sudden there you were. I’m partly to blame for it, I went along with it. Then you broke that trust. You came to my home. You used Noah, and you tried and failed to get this title off of me. It was right then and there, I knew that no matter what you said after that, you were not to be trusted. I applaud you. You shot your shot. You missed. I’m sure over time I’ll learn to trust you again, but just know… come Sunday, Noah or not, I’m not pulling any punches. This is the biggest opportunity for Noah and I… and I’ve fucking won the Universal title, so that right there tells you how big this is for us. You can do this for Noah all you want, but I’m here because of Noah.

Now let’s talk about my partner for the night. Big Shank. The Legend himself. The former Universal Champion. The man who will kick ass and take names with the best of them. Oh wait all of those things describe me as well. It’s almost as if, gasp, you’re not better than me in any way shape or form. Yet I do have to rely on you for at least half of the night. The second that bell rings and we have defeated the other fools, it’s GO time for us. May the best man win.

OH SHIT YOU DIDN’T THINK I WAS DONE DID YOU?! Nah Homie, I’m just getting started.

I know that Shank is going to talk about the past we share. Blah, blah, blah. I’m not concerning myself with the past right now Shank, but let’s talk about the right now. Right now, I’m a champion. Right now I’m here week in and week out. Right now I’m higher on the food chain. Right now I’m bigger than you are. And that’s just it right? You can’t stand the fact that up until right now, this very second, you’ve been the main attraction in your draws in his Lethal Lottery, but not now. This round it has changed. This round has shown you your own mortality in this tournament. You could’ve easily been paired with the waste of space Mastermind, but then you wouldn’t get to that coveted final match.

There, right there is where you’ll have to face me one on one. Just tell me something Shank, for all the time we’ve known one another, how many times have you beaten me? It’s okay, I’ll wait.

But I won’t wait forever. The fact that you and I have to coexist is laughable. We aren’t friends, we aren’t enemies. We are just two Legends who lucked out and now get basically a free pass to the finals where you’ll be able to get rid of a decade's worth of frustration. Ten years you’ve been thinking about this moment. You know why I’ve been thinking about for the past ten years? Not you. Honestly I didn’t care whether you were alive or dead. In the past decade the thought of you never popped into my mind, you were for all intents and purposes,

An Afterthought.

Someone who was once at the peak of this industry, only to fade away. You show your face when it's convenient for you, and kudos for that, it’s a damn shame that your legacy gets tainted every time you show up, just to leave so quickly. I know what you’re thinking, that’s a little bit of a pot calling the kettle black, but that was the old me. I’ve changed. I’ve adapted.

Unfortunately for you, you’re still stuck in 2009.

[Image: 193QVMb.png]
Banner Made By: @reinventiongfx
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Shawn Warstein's post:
Atara Raven (11-23-2019), Noah Jackson (11-23-2019), Theo Pryce (12-01-2019), Thunder Knuckles™ (11-23-2019), Vita Frickin Valenteen (11-29-2019)