Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:08 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Lethal Lottery V RP Board
The End is The Beginning is The End
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-17-2019, 07:10 PM

A MUCH NEEDED RECAP
Lux is an assassin from the future stuck in the body of teenager Corey Smith. She has spent the better part of a year trying to stop an apocalyptic endgame from coming to fruition at the hands of Aiwass, a pagan god of slaughter. Lux knows she's been having an impact on the future, as she has been having visions of her own time shifting and changing, but into what exactly has as yet been unclear. Lux has also had to contend with the complicated feelings she has for her host body Corey.

Recently, it has become known that XWF superstars Madison Dyson and Shane have formed a partnership with Aiwass, with Shane using his company DRW's technology to implant a virus in Lux. Previously, that virus took the form of a boy named Pavel, a casualty of war from Lux's future. Lux took revenge on Shane by killing him live on television, leaving Shane's allies Peter Gilmour and Unknown Soldier to find his body.

Meanwhile, Lux and Corey have formed a strong friendship with the Engineer and his son Joachim, a bond that survived Engy's death from cancer. At the last episode of Savage Unknown Soldier struck back at Lux by invoking a Satanic ritual to bring Shane back to life, sacrificing Joachim in the process.....

November 6, 2019
Shortly after Warfare....

The parking lot is electric with the intermittent flash of emergency lights. Shane 's body has been discovered. Lux clutched some rooftop gravel in her hands, pressing it against her palm until it bit and hoping it was Unknown Soldier who found him first. Hoping the bastard unwittingly stepped in Shane's bloody runoff. You like blood so much.... Lux spat in a breathy, embittered whisper.

It doesn't change anything though.

Lux closed her eyes as the voice cut the night air behind her. She didn't even turn to look. She didn't have to.

The damage is done. You can't be rid of me. The voice speaks without malice or pomp. There's no gloating to be had, no showboating. And that made it worse. It made it feel more real.

It made it feel like he could be right.

Lux could sense the metaphorical weight of him behind her, all around her. She could sense him drawing closer. His lips drew down close to her ear, an unnecessary gesture.

The end is written. Aiwass' will be done.

One week earlier....

She hated events like this.

The International Convention Center was a fire code violation in the making, packed stem to stern with XWF fans jostling into lines to meet their favorite performers. Lux always let Corey take the wheel for these events. He loved interacting with the fans. Not that Lux didn't, but it was simply the case that her observational skills were just sharper than his. It was disorienting at times, riding alongside Corey and having both their consciousness' active at once, but it effectively allowed them to have four eyes rather than two. And in a crowd this size, Lux would take all the eyes she could get.

A little boy walked up with a glossy 8x10 looking positively ecstatic. Corey always had a soft spot for the kids, and Lux watched wistfully as he signed the boy's picture with a wide and genuine smile. It brought to mind thoughts of the two of them together, Lux and Corey, the Smith name on a mailbox and a white picket fence cradling a jubilant, perfect blue eyed gradeschooler in its comforting suburban embrace while the proud parents watched from the stoop. A fantasy. Lux blinked it away and surveyed the crowd once more.

Hey kid, watch this. Corey smiled mischievously as he wadded up the napkin from beneath his Frappucino. The boy smiled in return like a co-conspirator. Corey stood up and forcefully lobbed the napkin ball at Noah Jackson, who was signing across the way. It bounced handily off his head, and he shot up immediately, stabbing an accusatory finger at them.

Aye! I KNOW THAT WAS YOU, CUNT! Do it again and I will make you wish your dad settled for a wristy the night you were conceived!

Corey and the boy laugh uproariously, and Lux can't stifle a chuckle herself. Corey high fives the kid and jerks his hand back in surprise, feigning pain. He really was so good with the kids....

Anything I should be worried about? Corey whispered as an aside before the next fan could approach the table.

Just a pissy Aussie. You really shouldn't antagonize him.

Corey shrugs. It amuses me.

But also Vita.

Shaddap.

Lux smirks. Corey returns his attention to the next fan in line and she gets back to business. Big D. Ruby. Thunder Knuckles (charging 100 Xbux a pop for a signature, naturally his line was none too long). Lane had rolled out all the stops for this European Tour. But conspicuous in his absence? Unknown Soldier. Lux scowled inwardly. A good business decision to keep him away from her, for sure. But with Soldier's ongoing connection to Shane laid bare, and DRW's interference in her mission being outed, Lux considered what she wouldn't give to be in the same room as him and end an ally of Shane 's once and for all. She forced herself to take a breath. In time.

Just then, something caught Lux's attention. Fire? The smell was distinctive, and she felt an instant surge of adrenaline. Corey, do you smell that?!

Corey finished signing an autograph and answered without looking up. Smell what?

It smells like fire.

I don't smell anything.

You really don't?

Nada. He smiles and greets the next fan without missing a beat.

Lux cast a few more glances around again, drawing in a deep sniff and....

[Image: SickRashEstuarinecrocodile-size_restricted.gif]

Lux's vision exploded in a series of blinding flashing lights. The physical impact was instantaneous, like getting clubbed in the skull. She reeled and closed her eyes as everything spun. And when she reopened them....

[Image: giphy.gif]

...the world burned.

COREY! Lux screamed into the flames, but there was no answer. Her first instinct, punishing in the terror it engendered, was that the convention center had been bombed. But she would have felt Corey's pain, and would have joined him in death. So what then....?

The initial shock gave way to a semblance of clarity. The wall of flame thinned out rendering some detail now. Behind the flame lay a city in ruin. Skyscrapers burned in effigy to a coal black sky. From on high, Lux could see charred corpses stacked like so much cord wood clogging the cracked and hissing intersections below. The truth set in. This wasn't something she was seeing in real time. It was memory. A NEW memory. Something she created. Her mind revolted at the thought, rebelled utterly at the very notion of it.

Lux looked over the lip of the building she stood on, and saw flames dancing out from open windows. To her left and right, more bodies, butchered and strewn about the roof like discarded toys. Some of the faces were familiar, but impossible. They didn't die this way. None of them died this way.

Suddenly, she became aware she was not alone. A nearly silent step could be heard as something landed on the other end of the roof. Landed. Lux's hand went instinctively to a sword that wasn't there. She looked up and saw a slim figure advancing on her, the burning city a backdrop casting it in shadow. Then, two appendages spring up from it's back, metallic wings reflecting the orange hue of the blazing sky. They were radiant, perversely beautiful. And, as the figure came close enough to discern a face, Lux found herself sucking in a shuddering breath. The hot air stung all the way down to her lungs, but she scarcely noticed it.

Taking a half step back, her body went numb from the shock. No....no..... Her mind frantically searched for an explanation, but there wasn't one. Because what she saw was simply beyond all logic and reason. Deep within her, she knew this was Aiwass' new commander. His New Engineer.

But why then did it wear Corey's face?

Shortly thereafter....

Lux opened her eyes, and found that at some point she had regained control over Corey's body. Corey's face hung over hers, etched with concern. You alright in there?

She sat up slowly, pushing her back up against the headboard. Where am I...?

Back at the hotel. It's okay. I was signing autographs and you started...I don't know.... He shook his head, at a loss for words. I've never seen you like that. I could FEEL how scared you were.

I'm sorry.

Don't be. But I gotta ask, what the hell happened?

Lux narrows her eyes as it all comes flooding back. Her skin runs cold, and her hand involuntarily clamps around the blanket beneath her. I....I think it was a memory. A new memory.

Something that hasn't happened yet? Something we changed now?

Yes. Lux looks up at him, eyes rimmed with tears. But it's insane.

Lux. Corey's expression darkens. Come on, you're scaring me here....

It's insane, Corey. It doesn't make sense!

What happened?! A plaintiveness works its way into his voice. He leans in closer.

I saw the end. We didn't stop it. And I saw Aiwass' new Engineer. Corey....it's us. Lux speaks the words reluctantly, her mind rebelling against the act of bringing them forth into reality.

Corey's expression goes flat, and his body visibly slumps. Finally, he gives up a nervous little laugh. Lux, that's not possible.

It shouldn't be! But then why am I remembering it?!

You must have it wrong. You misinterpreted what you saw. I mean, heh, does time travel really even WORK that way, are we sure about that? I mean....FUCK! He can't keep the frustration from seeping in. Corey hops off the bed and starts pacing the length of it.

I wish I could explain it. I just....don't know....

Corey stops pacing, and looks down at the floor. It doesn't matter. We'll beat it.

What?

The boy looks at her, determined. We won't let it happen. I don't give a shit what it is, a psychotic episode, a false memory, or one of us gets tricked into changing our alignment to Chaotic Evil....fuck it! We got it! He claps his hands together and laughs. You understand? Corey suddenly bubbles over with enthusiasm.

Lux feels compelled to wear a thin smile. Are you still using?

I'm stone cold sober, Luxy.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the enthusiasm. I do. But we need to take this seriously.

I am! Corey suddenly sits down right beside her. I believe in you. I believe in us.

Lux is shocked into silence for a moment, impressed by the boy's degree of reverence. She pulls a tear down out of her eye with her forefinger, itching it away. And with a certain degree of terror she realizes that she will never get over loving him. That's...that's.....thank you. She stammers, chiding herself internally for continuing to clutch at this desperate notion that she and Corey could ever be ANYTHING more than an invasive consciousness and the body it's parasitically glommed onto. So idiotic. So foolish.....

Corey's lips press deeply into hers. Lux gasps and pulls back in shock. What are you doing?! She spits, eyes wide and heart working against her rib cage to escape.

Corey, equally befuddled, stutters. I....uhhh.....holy shit.....

Yeah. Holy shit.

I didn't mean it!

No, no....

I think it was just a caught up in the moment thing!

Yeah. She replies distantly, with his taste still on her lips. They had mastered this sensation of physical contact between themselves before, but never in reality. It had only ever been possible when they met within the confines of their shared mind. How did you do that?

I don't know.

Huh.

Corey's eyes still haven't left her face. I didn't know we could. Like, out here.

No. No, me either.

A prolonged pause crackles between them. Corey is the first to break it. I liked it. The kiss. I liked it.

Lux shakes her head. No you didn't. The words physically hurt.

I mean, it was weird....kissing you....in my body. But, it just felt like kissing you. I can't explain it. He smiles. I'd rather kiss you looking like you though. He points to her head. His head. In there.

What the fuck are you talking about?! Lux retorts. Corey startles, jerking back. She issues a cynical bark of a laugh. We can't do this now! And besides, where the fuck is this coming from? Huh? You never wanted me like that, Corey!

He nods, humbled. I know....I know what I said before. But....he sighs. Look, I've been thinking about us a lot. About what you've meant to me. And I've started to realize how selfish I've been. How stupid! Heh.... he chuckles. You gave me a second chance.

I didn't even mean to.

I know, but does that matter? Lux, if it wasn't for you I'd still be some fuck up cooling on ice in a lab somewhere! My life would still be OVER. Instead, I've been hooking up with Rox and...making bad choices....

The memory of his drug use mere weeks ago still hung between them.

And then, when I talked to Rox about it, about me using, do you know what she said? She said she would treat me like an adult. Like, an adult, Lux. Not, “I'll be there for you. I'll save you from yourself.” No. She said I should be free to make my own choices.

Shouldn't you be? Lux almost couldn't believe the words she spoke, but couldn't exactly retract them. I mean....

No, you're right. I SHOULD be. But I can't be trusted to be free to make my own choices. And that's fucking sad. And it's on me! He pounds his chest in frustration. And that's when I realized that the only person, the ONLY one outside my own family who has ever given a shit about keeping me on the straight and narrow is YOU.

Corey, you have no idea how I wish I could say my intentions are completely altruistic, but I need your body alive and healthy to keep going.

Corey snorts. Devil's advocate. Really? Lux! He throws his hands up in frustration. Would you just shut up and let me tell you that I love you back?

Corey's eyes burned with that flagrant intensity that smoldered to life whenever he took up a cause he truly believed it. A passion that is pure, and naïve, and beautiful and maybe even a little crazy. Lux's head spun, her stomach roiled and adrenaline sang her body electric. She had it. She had him right there. It felt so unreal.

Can I kiss you again?

Yes. Lux said it with no hesitation.

Corey climbed up on the bed and crawled atop his body, sinking into it and deep down through it and through the bed and into the recesses of their conjoined mind like someone falling asleep. As Lux shrugged off Corey's physical form, she was born anew into the psychic representation of her own body, and they tumbled together gently down...down....down through a bounty of beautiful colors before alighting softly on an alien shore.

[Image: artworks-000381924909-5qjt1d-t500x500.jpg]

Corey! The beach! Lux marveled, looking around them. It was their place, the place their minds used to meet all those months ago. Corey had destroyed it in a fit of anger during darker times.

I built it again, I've been working on it for a while. I wanted to surprise you. His body was still pressed into hers, and he leaned in for a kiss. It was forceful, but not overtly so. Lux kissed him back, meeting his lips and his tongue. She coiled her arms around the small of his back, trying to pull him in deeper to her somehow. Corey pulled back from the kiss, red faced and wearing a shy smile. Lux leaned up and kissed him again, reaching up to the back of his head and pulling his head down hungrily before progressing to kissing his neck. Corey gave a small pleasured moan as Lux flipped him over, locking her ankles around the back of his calves and planting more hungry kisses on his neck, and then his collar bone. She moved to pull his shirt up and over his head, and he arched his back so she could get it off.

Lux, are you sure?

I want you. She met his lips again, drinking deep of his hot breath. I want you.

A short time later....

Lux and Corey's nude forms huddled together in the sand, a mass of intertwining limbs. They had laid like that for quite some time, neither speaking, simply enjoying the rightness of the moment.

Lux?

Yeah?

Next time I make this place, I'm making it so the sand doesn't get in our bits.

Lux laughed and hugged him in closer, drinking in the feel of his thighs brushing against hers. Chest to chest, with her toe dipping in and out against his shin. I don't know what you're talking about, I'm okay.

Well, what the hell? Why would I imagine sand in my nether regions? He smirked and gently placed his forehead against hers. Seriously though, any regrets?

None.

You don't think this will make things weird?

No. Lux shook her head, wiping a bit of sand off his cheek with her thumb. I'll fight even harder to protect what we have.

So you're happy?

Lux laughed again. Yes, of course!

Like, really truly? Corey prodded with a grin.

Solid 20 out of 10. Lux peppered his lips again with a kiss. I love you. It's too good. It feels like a dream.

You're right. It's not real. Corey spoke the words in a rote monotone.

Lux squeezed him gently in response. Jerk.

It's not real. He repeated the words in the exact same cadence.

Lux scowled, narrowing her eyes into slits. That's not funny.

I don't love you. He frowned deep, and his body tensed and pulled away from hers.

Lux tensed up as well, a cold sweat brewing as her nervous system accepted the shock. I said it's not funny.

I.....don't.....love......you...... Corey's voice slowed to an eerie deep drawl. Lux pushed herself back from him.

What's wrong with you?!

And then he started to laugh, a piercing lunatic shriek of mirthless laughter. The boy sat up and the flesh on his face developed a grotesque sheen before it started to liquify and melt, sopping down over his nude body and landing on his legs with a wet smacking sound. Lux gasped in horror and pushed herself up to her feet, mentally summoning her bodysuit onto her frame and a small brutal dagger in each hand.

The monstrous effigy of Corey stood up now, quickening the pace at which his flesh slid off the bone. It took a few hesitant steps towards her before collapsing into a pile. Lux backed away some more, breathless and sick.

Suddenly, an arm burst up out of the liquified puddle of Corey's skin, and then another. The arms grasped at the land on either side of the remains and pulled itself up out of the puddle. It was another human form, and it opened its mouth and emitted the haunting sound of an infant screaming as it extricated itself from the remains. Lux swallowed back the torrent of bile that inched up her throat and lunged at the abomination, aiming to plunge a dagger straight into it's skull. One of the arms caught her just in time and threw her with shocking strength. Lux tucked into a roll and had to let go of one of the daggers to avoid being impaled by it.

By now, the monstrosity was fully extricated from the pile of human debris. The details of the form solidified and came into focus. Lux threw the dagger that was still in her hand at it's torso, and the thing moved to avoid it, snapping to the side and finishing its transformation.

Soldier.... Lux muttered with contempt. But, just as soon as the words departed her lips, she saw that it was not so. The tall man cut a striking picture. Pale skin and long flowing blond hair, he bore a passing resemblance to the Universal Champion, but wasn't.

[Image: 800]

The newcomer turned on her. Are you done?

Lux raced for the other dagger, scooping it up off the sand and lunging in towards the man. She parried low, and the stranger wheeled around her, but wasn't quite fast enough to counter a kick that landed in his spine. The stranger buckled forward, dropping to one knee. Lux wheeled on him, grabbing a thick lock of his hair, cranking his head back and burying the dagger in his throat. Backing off once again, Lux watched as the stranger struggled to his feet, gurgling and choking. Then, turning towards her, he pulled the dagger from where it was buried. Eyes black and burning now, he put a hand to the wound and started to speak.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

You can't kill me.

I'll figure it out. Lux panted, trying to regain control of her breathing.

The stranger removed his hand, and the wound had disappeared, but his eyes remained coal black. I have just as much control here as you.

Bullshit! She spat. This is Corey's place....MY PLACE! What are you?

Pavel.

What?! Lux started walking around him, slowly, conducting a mental threat assessment. He allowed it, but turned to face her.

You remember Pavel, I trust? You thought this was finished, between you and I? You thought you had gotten rid of me.

The assassin's mind raced as she put it together. You're the virus. You're the virus Shane and Madison Dyson put in my head.

Correct.

Lux stopped and her body went cold as another realization came crashing down on her. She suddenly felt sick, felt used....felt violated.

There it is....

Fuck you! Lux bit back, trying to not lose control. But deep down, she knew it was too late. She already had. And now she felt a vileness buried in her. So visceral was her disgust and her shame that it nearly rose up to choke her. Trying to restrain her trembling, Lux continued. Are you proud of yourself?

Was it as good for you as it was for me?

Despite herself, Lux broke from his gaze. It was rape.....

Effectively. The stranger's face remained placid and serene. And it was easy. I gave you what you wanted and you took it with barely a second thought.

Lux's fists bunched up at her sides. The image of this bastard screaming and pleading and dying played out before her. But her rage was as impotent as it was explosive. He was right. She couldn't kill him. Not in here. What do you want?

Ultimately? You.

But you can't take me. Not outright. Lux locked eyes with him again.

No. I can't. The stranger conceded.

But you'll try to drive me to the brink. Weaken me so someone else can finish the job, she concluded. The stranger remained silent, wearing only the subtlest hint of a knowing smile. Unknown Soldier.

The stranger gave her a slight conciliatory cant of the head. You're getting warmer.

But what happens to you when I'm dead? Or did DRW program you not to care about that?

Oh, I care a great deal about my future. And I can assure you, I'll continue on even after you're gone.

How do you figure?

The stranger's smile took on a slightly more predatory mien. Because I'm The Engineer.

Lux laughed bitterly. Go fuck yourself....

Why, when I have you?

Lux scowled as the barb hit home. You are NOT The Engineer.

Not as you know him. I'm certainly not Dexter Bright. But we're trying something a bit different this time. The stranger looked out on the cerulean waters. You know what all of Aiwass' past Engineers had in common, Lux? They were all human. With all the baggage, and fragility, and mortality that that entails. Glancing back at her, he shook his head. Not this time. Aiwass has learned from his past mistakes. He's changed with the times. New eras demand new solutions.

So he went with a 21st Century solution. Lux concluded.

I've never seen the inside of a womb. Never developed any cluttering relationships. I have no past to manipulate, no skeletons, no shames. And best of all, you can't kill what was never truly born. His expression turned haunting and distant. I'm pure, Lux. I'm pure....

You're anything but.

LUX! Corey's voice shouted out behind her. She diverted her attention in time to see him racing up the beach towards her.

There's your loverboy. I'll give you some alone time. But we'll be seeing each other again soon.

Casting a glance back at the stranger, she was surprised to see he was gone. Corey met her then, putting a hand on her shoulder. Lux, who was that?! What's going on?

His voice quickly became a drone in her ears, drowned out by an increasing howl bellowing out from within her mind's eye. She could feel herself start to feel sick as the stress and trauma of it all gripped her and started to squeeze. She sunk to her knees in the sand, Corey's plaintive words nothing but a frenzied backdrop to the terror in her heart.

NOW

All of the seats were empty save one. Lux sat in the dim glow of the funeral parlor's viewing room, Joachim's Bright's open casket a yawning reminder of her failure not even 10 feet away. The service had been over for almost two hours,the guests long departed. Joachim's friends had come out in force, and Lux was genuinely moved by all their stories of the young man's selflessness. So many tales of times he lent a few bucks he couldn't afford. Holding someone's hand at the hospital after an assault, a rape, or an overdose. Giving someone food or cursory shelter or even a listening ear where none had existed before. Joachim had been there for children and young adults who had perennially existed on the absolute fringes of society. It wasn't until that moment that she realized just why the boy had invested so much in his father. He was always helping strays.

Lux sucked it up through their tales, commiserating and comforting. But the truth was, that each one was another shiv buried deep in her guts. A stark reminder that this should NOT have happened. That Joachim Bright should not be the one laying in that casket. But the reality hummed in her head, a vile incessant ache like the most noxious tumor. She had helped snuff out this light. She had practically dared Unknown Soldier to strike as hard at her as he possibly could. And he had.

It's easy...to do this.... Lux spoke aloud and gestured at the coffin. Snuffing out a light. It's easy. She nodded, wearing a bitter smile. What you do, Soldier? It's simple. You simply conceive of the most base, vile act you can think of, and you do it. All of those centuries of evolution that have formed around those dumb animal parts of our brain. Those evolved parts that tell us not to hurt others. Not to be unkind. Not to kill. You just ignore them. And honestly, I do too. To an extent. I'm an assassin after all. But I have limits. I have a code. “People” like Shane sure as hell make the list. But this? No matter how much he ever could have pissed me off....never Jo. I could never hurt him. Lights that burn like his did are too rare.

But you? That light in your eyes is like casting pearls before swine. You turn off what is human and give in to what is base and cruel and terrible. And you do it every day. And you do it because it's EASY. She invokes pure venom into the last word and glowers at the camera.

YOU are life on EASY mode. You are wrestling on EASY mode. You are the XWF on EASY mode. Because all of those things are a walk in the fucking park when you can say or do whatever you want to get what you want. Hell, that's why most of the people in this company are complete assholes. It's why Vita forgot she had integrity. It's why the lineage of the Universal Championship is a parade of narcissists and monsters and ne'er do wells. It's why, quite frankly, the general curve of the XWF bends towards darkness.

Lux considers Joachim's restful face again. It's boundaries that are hard, Soldier. Doing the right thing is hard. That's why so few people in the XWF do it. It's why I get along so well with the Centurion's and Thad Duke's of the world.

And you know what, you can go ahead and try to build some kind of false equivalence between what I did to Shane and what you did to Joachim. But everybody knows it's bullshit. Hell, the only people pretending to take issue with me killing Shane only did so out of some facile urge to stay in their own lane and avoid agreeing with me at all costs. Shane was scum. Pure scum. And he ushered in the XWF's darkest age of all. But Joachim Bright did NOTHING to deserve this. NOTHING! He had no relationship to you, or Shane, or any of this insanity we're all caught up in. He was a total innocent. His only crime was knowing me.....

Her voice trails off at the end, the barest of cracks betraying her feelings. Corey's adam's apple bobs as she swallows deep, trying to push the hurt back down. And that's something I'll have to live with the rest of my life. I own that. I bear some of the responsibility for this. She shakes her head vehemently. But I'm not broken. This isn't the first time I've lost a man and it probably won't be the last. It fuels me, Soldier. This injustice clarifies my vision, hones my anger. It makes me want to KILL.

So if you were expecting fragility, if you were expecting a repeat of ROBERT MAIN, you are SORELY goddamn mistaken! Main didn't know true adversity, as if his run with the title weren't indicator enough of that. I've been through war. Been through hell and back and lived to tell the tale and wash the blood of my countless enemies off my flesh! So if you presume me HUMBLED let me readjust your expectations. Because what you have now is a warrior dangerously close to slipping her leash and untethering herself from those boundaries I hold so dear. A woman who is riding the edge of what is moral and what is not and giving serious consideration to relishing making you choke on your own blood.

And yeah, deep down inside....that evolved part of me....that decent part of me, knows that's a WIN for you. But the scary part of me, the part that you should be very, very afraid of....

...is fixing to not give a fuck.

She gazes up at the coffin. Sliding up out of her seat, she goes to it. Joachim lies in state before her, peaceful, restful, but just a shell. That animating spirit that made him him long spent. Lux reaches into the coffin, touching the back of her hand to his cheek gently. Her eyes go overcast with tears, and she wipes them away with her free forearm. You deserved better. I'm so sorry. With a final pained look, Lux fixes a lock of his hair that was out of place, and then shuts the lid of the coffin, plunging us into the black.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 9 users Like Corey Smith's post:
"The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (11-23-2019), Atara Raven (11-17-2019), Brooke Hernandez (11-17-2019), Ned Kaye (11-17-2019), Noah Jackson (12-05-2019), Sebastian Duke (11-17-2019), The Brothers Blackwater (11-21-2019), Unknown Soldier (11-18-2019), Vita Frickin Valenteen (11-17-2019)