Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-09-2024, 02:58 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dance
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

11-13-2019, 12:47 PM

Underneath a starlit sky, near a cabin at the edge of the woods, we find our hero. She sits on a porch, her eyes squinting at the candleholder swinging from the edge of the roof. No urban jungle for Ruby this time. No cozy little apartment. Just her, out in nature, surrounded by nothing but trees.

Her head sways left and right as she tracks the movements of the moths drawn to the candle’s flame. Frantically flapping their wings, desperate to get near a treasure they don’t realize they’ll never obtain.

Unless it kills them.

She tries to shoo them away with a wave of the hand, but it’s no use. A momentary lapse in their pursuit of the unobtainable. Ruby sighs.

Ruby: “Sad, isn’t it? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more accurate representation of Anarchy. Senseless creatures dancing around the flame. No goals. No order. No glory. And yet they keep dancing. With at the very center… the fire.”

Ruby hovers her palm over the flame, letting its warmth heat up her hand.

Ruby: “That’s you, Sarah old buddy. The fire at the heart of this whole circus. All eyes on you, just the way you like it. Everyone trying to be what you are, trying to have what you have. But in truth, nobody has even come close. Not even Vita and her childish antics, despite what she’d want everybody to believe. But I don’t blame her for her childish behavior. After all, that’s exactly what she is: a child. But you, Sarah? You’ve travelled the world. Been a proper champion. Plied your trade in the farthest reaches of the globe. You should know better.”

Ruby removes her hand and places it on her cheek. A nice relief to counter the chilly autumn air.

Ruby: “We’ve known each other for a while now. I’ve always tried to be as nice as I could to you, but despite Centurion’s deepest wishes, I don’t think we’ll ever see each other as friends. And that’s fine. You don’t have to like me if you don’t want to. But Sarah, I worry for you. You’re pulling away from sanity and it’s showing. Odd words coming from a girl who used to dress up and run across rooftops to chase after petty criminals, I know. But there used to be a sense of joy about you. A side of cheery playfulness that was, dare I say it, endearing? There was spirit inside of you, whispers of a person who knew what it’s like to have fun. And maybe even do some good. Sure, that usually meant triggering your opposition into ragemode, but lately it’s all been doom and gloom. I won’t go into the reasons as for why, but hooooo boy. It’s been depressing to watch. Which is why I worry. Because nobody can sustain themselves off of hate alone, Sarah. You’re lucky Kenzi puts up with it. For now. I just hope that one day, you’ll realize it’s time to stop pushing. For both your sakes.”

Her eyes meet the candle again. It is mesmerizing. Hypnotic.

Ruby: “You know, when you first became Anarchy Champion, I wasn’t happy about it. But hey, it beat the alternative at the time. And I thought that, despite our differences, Anarchy had found a champion that could carry the brand, raise its prestige. Except you haven’t. Petty squabbles and childish insults are all we’ve gotten out of you, and Anarchy has suffered for it. You didn’t try to elevate the brand, you used it to elevate yourself. You wanted everybody to dance like these moths. A brand stands or falls with the credibility of its champion, bud. What does that say about you, knowing Vita actually had people fooled into believing she was the rightful champion? I’m sure the girl will one day wizen up and put an end to her sad, silly charade before she becomes even more of a parody of herself; I heartily advise you to do the same thing. It’s not advice I’d give to myself, but we’re very different people, you and I.

“I try to prove my self-worth, whereas you seen yours as a given. A foregone conclusion. And woe are they who disagree. But it’s put up or shut up time, Sarah. It’s time we flippin’ do this. We should’ve had this match all the months ago. Had I not lost my mask, had I not lost my colors,… things could’ve been looking very different right now. I’ve been on a mission to prove myself ever since. To show the world that I deserve to call myself a hero, that I can fall and rise again. That I don’t quit in the face of adversity. And you know what? I’m inching closer. Ever closer. Anarchy. The Bahamas. The Lethal Lottery. I’ve found success in all of them, and I can feel it calling. The mask is reaching out to me. It wants me to put it on. But I say not yet. One more step, Sarah. One more hurdle. I’ve learned my lesson with you. Be too gentle, and all it does is fan the flames. So I will defeat you. And I’ll do it right and proper. No tricks, no backdoors, no loopholes. You called yourself my Thanos. Well this time I’m going for the head. I will snuff out the candle, disperse the moths, and do what I always said I’d do. Bring Order to Anarchy!”

And without hesitation, Ruby’s fingers close over the flame, snuffing it out with a hiss.

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-13-2019), Atara Raven (11-13-2019), Centurion (11-13-2019)