Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-16-2024, 01:26 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Classic! » XWF Classic RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barney Green vs Matt Sharp
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

08-25-2019, 04:21 PM

I'm coming to XX for one reason and one reason only and that is to face an icon of XWF. That is the guy that I watched in XWF back in 2007 and his name was Matt Sharp. The one guy that has always been on my list. They did try to get in touch with Ryou Bakari Itemri seeing as he was the guy that wrestled the same time as he did back in the days of Impact. Ryou wasn't interested in wrestling anymore so it fell to me which I jumped at it because why not?

Ryou Bakari Itemri is another guy that is synonymous with me because we both got trained by the late Foley Anderson. The 5'9 185-pound man from New York City pushing 48 and decided to call it a career which was fine. He is the one guy I can call upon even though we don't have the best relationship in the world.

He viewed me as a waste of Foley's time and effort which I got. I was the 5'10 320 pound man who was limited in what I could do in the ring. Relied more on the comedy aspect when I was younger to get by.

I'm only human and made my fair share of mistakes. They toughened me up over time. The guy who was willing to stand his ground in any situation. Even if it meant he was going down, He was gonna fight until he either died or lost consciousness.

Looking at Matt Sharp. Former I.D.I.O.T. Champion. The International Division Impact Only Title. A true relic of a bygone era and somebody I got nothing but respect and admiration for. This isn't gonna be a situation where I talk about how I am gonna kick his ass from one end of the ring to the other. He may have been gone for years but he was one entertaining motherfucker back in the day.

Him and Bob Fairway doing their thing. Maybe its time to bring back The Epitome Of Cool for one night only. Bring back "Pop Muzik" by M and have it blare throughout the arena as I come dancing down to the ring. I think I got one more card up my sleeve to really make this complete and that is to call back my old mascot who would come running down to the ring with me back then.

Manny The Manly Manatee. I still got his number somewhere in my phone. We talk every now and then. He is doing great and is somebody that just didn't fit anymore as I evolved with the times. Maybe give him a call as well.

Head through Toronto and party a bit before hopping back on that plane to Belfast. God, I am getting too old for this shit. They figured I was done after Jim Caedus but I came back for more. I was born in Boston, MA. We don't go down without a fight.

Any battle I step into, I come out waving the green, white and orange flag of my nation. Proud of my Irish heritage. A battle between Ireland and England is brewing when it comes to me vs Matt Sharp. Nothing personal. Strictly business. I'm gonna go out there and fight the best fight of my life.

I got that old school style of pro wrestling. No fear in these eyes. Some of the things that my body has gone through in this crazy world of pro wrestling. I never thought I would go from a film producer to being a name in wrestling.

Matt Sharp. It's not gonna be unlucky for me. It's gonna be unlucky for you. May the best man win. I welcome the fight and will bring everything I got to you. No fear. Just determination. Been down this road before and I am ready for what lies ahead.

The scene opens up inside of a local gym in Duluth, Minnesota as we see Barney Green, dressed in a lime green t-shirt with black shorts and black sneakers, running on the treadmill. Standing next to him is "The Warrior Of War" Ryou Bakari Itemri, dressed in his trademark black t-shirt with the white stripe down the sides and black jogging pants. Ryou goes to speak.

Ryou: You need somebody in your corner for this match that has been around a lot longer than you and knows who your opponent is from a certain level.

Ryou pauses as Barney goes to speak.

Barney: Hence why I called upon you. Who better to call upon than somebody who has faced off against Matt Sharp before and knows his history. We also share that common link by being trained by the best guy in the business, Foley Anderson.

Barney stops running as the treadmill beeps and takes a quick swig of water as Ryou goes to speak.

Ryou: You gotta find that demon inside you as I did. Who would've thought that we would be working together on the same side for a change of pace?

Barney: I know, right? The Warrior of War and The Epitome of Cool working together. I know we have had our differences in the past but its the past. Do you still regret Foley Anderson training me?

Ryou: Nope because there is some sort of spark in you that I can see now that I have gotten older. I honestly thought you were just a waste of his time. It's a shame he couldn't be here to see you reach the peaks you have. You have literally proved a lot of critics wrong. Myself included.

Ryou stops speaking as Barney goes to speak.

Barney: I appreciate everything you have done for me. We may never be best friends but know that without you being around as a rival, I wouldn't have reached the barriers I have broken through. World Champion is something I never thought would have happened.

Ryou: Foley cried when he saw that moment of you becoming World Champion. You were the one to carry the banner and prove Foley Anderson was no fool. You weren't the typical wrestler. You looked more like a truck driver but you could get the crowd on your side.

Barney: I appreciate that. All the work I have put in all these years. Yet, I am gearing up for another match as a pro would.

Barney takes another swig from his water bottle as Ryou goes to speak.

Ryou: Whatever happens out there, Just know that you got tons of people rooting for you back at home as well in the crowd. This is your moment. You are the last one left trained by Foley Anderson. You are carrying that mantle and you better carry it with pride. Keep your head up and don't back down.

Barney: I appreciate that and know that you have always had my respect. I thank you for being willing to travel all the way out to Minnesota with me and then down to Toronto for XX.

Ryou: Not a problem at all. The Warrior Of War may not wrestle anymore but I have no problems busting heads if I have to. What you need to know about Matt Sharp is he is a bit of an idiot and a goofball like you.

Ryou pauses as Barney steps off the treadmill and goes to speak.

Barney: This is a sight I never thought I would see. Us two on the same page. I may be a drunkard but I have no regrets with my friends and the sights I have seen in my life. Money truly doesn't matter in life as long as you are happy.

Ryou: Exactly. Whatever issues we had are gone and buried. Just don't do anything stupid. I still got one more Dark Magic Attack in me if I have to use it.

Barney: I promise I won't. I will do this honorably and give everything I got. One last ride for me or is it? Who truly knows. As long as my body is fine and can keep going, I will keep coming out as long as the XWF will have me.

Barney pauses as Ryou goes to speak.

Ryou: You got yourself into the best shape I have ever seen you in. 265 lbs of pure muscle. You got this in the bag. Now, let's get back to training.

Barney and Ryou continue their workout as the scene fades to black.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Barney Green's post:
(08-27-2019), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (08-30-2019), Chasm (08-27-2019), James Raven (08-28-2019), Michael McBride (08-26-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (08-26-2019), Theo Pryce (08-25-2019), Unknown Soldier (08-25-2019)

Messages In This Thread
Barney Green vs Matt Sharp - by James Raven - 08-17-2019, 10:43 AM
All Black - by Barney Green - 08-25-2019, 04:21 PM
re:Barney Green vs Matt Sharp - by MR WS - 08-30-2019, 12:31 PM