Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:03 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Classic! » XWF Classic RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barney Green vs Matt Sharp
James Raven Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-17-2019, 10:43 AM

Barney Green and Matt Sharp, please post your roleplays as replys to this thread. Everybody else, please do not comment in this thread.

RULES
1 RP Match
No Word Count Limit

RP PERIOD STARTS: August 17th, 2019 (11:59:59 PM Eastern time)
DEADLINE IS: August 31st, 2019 (11:59:59 PM Eastern time)

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes James Raven's post:
Barney Green (08-17-2019)
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

08-25-2019, 04:21 PM

I'm coming to XX for one reason and one reason only and that is to face an icon of XWF. That is the guy that I watched in XWF back in 2007 and his name was Matt Sharp. The one guy that has always been on my list. They did try to get in touch with Ryou Bakari Itemri seeing as he was the guy that wrestled the same time as he did back in the days of Impact. Ryou wasn't interested in wrestling anymore so it fell to me which I jumped at it because why not?

Ryou Bakari Itemri is another guy that is synonymous with me because we both got trained by the late Foley Anderson. The 5'9 185-pound man from New York City pushing 48 and decided to call it a career which was fine. He is the one guy I can call upon even though we don't have the best relationship in the world.

He viewed me as a waste of Foley's time and effort which I got. I was the 5'10 320 pound man who was limited in what I could do in the ring. Relied more on the comedy aspect when I was younger to get by.

I'm only human and made my fair share of mistakes. They toughened me up over time. The guy who was willing to stand his ground in any situation. Even if it meant he was going down, He was gonna fight until he either died or lost consciousness.

Looking at Matt Sharp. Former I.D.I.O.T. Champion. The International Division Impact Only Title. A true relic of a bygone era and somebody I got nothing but respect and admiration for. This isn't gonna be a situation where I talk about how I am gonna kick his ass from one end of the ring to the other. He may have been gone for years but he was one entertaining motherfucker back in the day.

Him and Bob Fairway doing their thing. Maybe its time to bring back The Epitome Of Cool for one night only. Bring back "Pop Muzik" by M and have it blare throughout the arena as I come dancing down to the ring. I think I got one more card up my sleeve to really make this complete and that is to call back my old mascot who would come running down to the ring with me back then.

Manny The Manly Manatee. I still got his number somewhere in my phone. We talk every now and then. He is doing great and is somebody that just didn't fit anymore as I evolved with the times. Maybe give him a call as well.

Head through Toronto and party a bit before hopping back on that plane to Belfast. God, I am getting too old for this shit. They figured I was done after Jim Caedus but I came back for more. I was born in Boston, MA. We don't go down without a fight.

Any battle I step into, I come out waving the green, white and orange flag of my nation. Proud of my Irish heritage. A battle between Ireland and England is brewing when it comes to me vs Matt Sharp. Nothing personal. Strictly business. I'm gonna go out there and fight the best fight of my life.

I got that old school style of pro wrestling. No fear in these eyes. Some of the things that my body has gone through in this crazy world of pro wrestling. I never thought I would go from a film producer to being a name in wrestling.

Matt Sharp. It's not gonna be unlucky for me. It's gonna be unlucky for you. May the best man win. I welcome the fight and will bring everything I got to you. No fear. Just determination. Been down this road before and I am ready for what lies ahead.

The scene opens up inside of a local gym in Duluth, Minnesota as we see Barney Green, dressed in a lime green t-shirt with black shorts and black sneakers, running on the treadmill. Standing next to him is "The Warrior Of War" Ryou Bakari Itemri, dressed in his trademark black t-shirt with the white stripe down the sides and black jogging pants. Ryou goes to speak.

Ryou: You need somebody in your corner for this match that has been around a lot longer than you and knows who your opponent is from a certain level.

Ryou pauses as Barney goes to speak.

Barney: Hence why I called upon you. Who better to call upon than somebody who has faced off against Matt Sharp before and knows his history. We also share that common link by being trained by the best guy in the business, Foley Anderson.

Barney stops running as the treadmill beeps and takes a quick swig of water as Ryou goes to speak.

Ryou: You gotta find that demon inside you as I did. Who would've thought that we would be working together on the same side for a change of pace?

Barney: I know, right? The Warrior of War and The Epitome of Cool working together. I know we have had our differences in the past but its the past. Do you still regret Foley Anderson training me?

Ryou: Nope because there is some sort of spark in you that I can see now that I have gotten older. I honestly thought you were just a waste of his time. It's a shame he couldn't be here to see you reach the peaks you have. You have literally proved a lot of critics wrong. Myself included.

Ryou stops speaking as Barney goes to speak.

Barney: I appreciate everything you have done for me. We may never be best friends but know that without you being around as a rival, I wouldn't have reached the barriers I have broken through. World Champion is something I never thought would have happened.

Ryou: Foley cried when he saw that moment of you becoming World Champion. You were the one to carry the banner and prove Foley Anderson was no fool. You weren't the typical wrestler. You looked more like a truck driver but you could get the crowd on your side.

Barney: I appreciate that. All the work I have put in all these years. Yet, I am gearing up for another match as a pro would.

Barney takes another swig from his water bottle as Ryou goes to speak.

Ryou: Whatever happens out there, Just know that you got tons of people rooting for you back at home as well in the crowd. This is your moment. You are the last one left trained by Foley Anderson. You are carrying that mantle and you better carry it with pride. Keep your head up and don't back down.

Barney: I appreciate that and know that you have always had my respect. I thank you for being willing to travel all the way out to Minnesota with me and then down to Toronto for XX.

Ryou: Not a problem at all. The Warrior Of War may not wrestle anymore but I have no problems busting heads if I have to. What you need to know about Matt Sharp is he is a bit of an idiot and a goofball like you.

Ryou pauses as Barney steps off the treadmill and goes to speak.

Barney: This is a sight I never thought I would see. Us two on the same page. I may be a drunkard but I have no regrets with my friends and the sights I have seen in my life. Money truly doesn't matter in life as long as you are happy.

Ryou: Exactly. Whatever issues we had are gone and buried. Just don't do anything stupid. I still got one more Dark Magic Attack in me if I have to use it.

Barney: I promise I won't. I will do this honorably and give everything I got. One last ride for me or is it? Who truly knows. As long as my body is fine and can keep going, I will keep coming out as long as the XWF will have me.

Barney pauses as Ryou goes to speak.

Ryou: You got yourself into the best shape I have ever seen you in. 265 lbs of pure muscle. You got this in the bag. Now, let's get back to training.

Barney and Ryou continue their workout as the scene fades to black.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Barney Green's post:
(08-27-2019), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (08-30-2019), Chasm (08-27-2019), James Raven (08-28-2019), Michael McBride (08-26-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (08-26-2019), Theo Pryce (08-25-2019), Unknown Soldier (08-25-2019)
MR WS

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-30-2019, 12:31 PM

[Wellity, wellity… what do we have here?

I got the call out of the blue. “Oh haiiii…. I’m going to be appearing at the 20th Anniversary XWF show, and I need you to come back and do your thing”. Well the money was right, and the hours aren’t too bad so I obliged.

Please allow me to introduce myself (I’m a man of wealth and taste), not actually but hey can’t not chuck in a cheeky Rolling Stones reference. Let’s be honest something about this has got to be entertaining I suppose. I am the voice of the MR WS, Matt Sharp, the 5’[something]’ Boy/Man Wonder, Sharp Factor geezer. By voice I don’t mean that this is just the aforementioned speaking, I mean I’m the narrator. I set the scene, let you know what’s going on, where we are, I like to think of myself as the main reason for any (however little) success and entertainment had by my client (Brrrrooccckkkkk…. Sigh, I wish) Matt Sharp, today posting this under the reference of MR WS for reasons mostly down to the unlovable goof not remembering his login information for any alternatively named accounts.

I didn’t ask for this job, I wanted to be on stage or in the movies. But the main issue when being a voice of reason, is that there’s little work out there. Movie Trailers? Perhaps, I do a mean “COMING SOON” on request but it’s a hard industry to get into for someone as fabulous as me who isn’t willing to do the legwork for it. So I do this, narration to fuel the imagination of a largely imaginary character. It pays the bills I suppose, do you have any idea how much it costs to pay someone to type the dictations for an omnipresent being with no hands? Well not a lot really, but it’s a bill I could do without.

Anyway where are we, what are we doing? Personally I have no idea, last time I got this call he was all like “Yeah I’m coming back, it’s going to be huge, I’m going to accomplish all my life’s dreams. Well that lasted a week or two, blithering idiot (title). But as I understand it, this is some form of “Classic show” a celebration featuring the legends, the best in the history of this company…… and MR WS. Do you remember the trolling? God the trolling… the things he said about this place, the digs at Jonathyn back in the day. Now he’s all like “ooo look at me, I’m coming back for a classic show to a company where no sod has ever heard of me”. Well he wants narration, and damnit I guess that’s what I’ll have to do for now.]

Are you quite done yet?

[What?]

I said, are you quite done yet? Look you had one job, ONE job. I ask you to give us some narration, set the location, the situation and let me do my thing. Every time you go off on these rants and tangents about your desire to be a voiceover actor, or being in the movies. The next thing you know we’re this far in. Probably surpassed the length that any judge is going to actually bother going through and the next thing you know I’m on the losing end before I’ve even begun.

[We’ve been through this, I am the entertainment, I am the reason anyone bothers to tune into these. No one cares about what you have to say. If it wasn’t for me you’d be nothing, you’d stuck in a void with no surroundings, naked, rambling on. Now that is not something anyone is going to want to tune into.]

Look, just… just look. Do you’re darn job, give us some description and let me do my thing.

[If you insist, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

We open the scene on…]

Finally!!

[Shut up! We open the scene in the living room of Matt’s… are you Matt or MR WS?]

Same person… I’m the same person. Call me whatever you like

[We open the scene in the living room of Frank’s app...]

Frank?! Who the hell is Frank?!

[You said call you what I like, I like calling you Frank.]

Well don’t just call me Frank, that’s only going to confuse matters. Look just call me Matt…

[Right… We open the scene in the living room of Matt’s Appartment in Texas]

No we don’t!

[We don’t?]

Look around, look out the window for Pete’s sake. Does it look like we’re in Texas?! I don’t even live in Texas anymore

[A quick glance out the window leads me to believe we’re not in Texas anymore, Toto.
… Well where the hell are we?]

Oh for the love…. We’re at my apartment in Ashford… ASH…FORD in Kent.

[…..]

ENGLAND!!

[Oh…]

Honestly, just… if you spent less time taking about yourself and more time paying attention.

[Right… ok… We open the scene in the living room of Frank’s…]

MATT’S!!

[MATT’s Appartment. We open the scene in the living room of MATT’s apartment. Apparently in Ashfield]

ASHFORD!! Ugh just forget it.

[Don’t get arsey with me mate… I’ll plonk you in a cave in Afghanistan in a minute]

Fine… just, c’mon man. No one’s even here anymore, let’s just… try and get it right.

[We open the scene in the living room of Matt’s Apartment in Ashford… wait, where are you?]

Well I don’t know, you haven’t formally introduced me yet have you?

[Well… where do you want to be?]

I don’t care, just add me to the freaking scene!!!

[We open the scene in the living room of Matt’s Apartment in Ashford. Matt is casually laying across the dining room table sipping a martini]

What the hell am I doing here?!

[Well you didn’t define]

Fine, I’m casually laying across the dining table sipping a martini. Jesus Christ…

[Glad we could finally agree on something…]

Yes that’s right, your eyes do not deceive you it’s me the GREATEST INTERNATIONAL DIVISION IMPACT ONLY TITLE CHAMPION in HISTORY!!

[I.D.I.O.T…]

And when I saw there was an upcoming show to celebrate the long and successful history of this great company, I was…. Well I was waiting a long time for the phone to ring to be honest. I mean, the advertising was all about bringing back the legends of this company and everything. I was surprised I didn’t get the call. I gathered it was down to the move of address perhaps or the XWF having an old phone number on file. So I called up, spoke to James Raven let him know the 5’10” Boy Wonder, the WS Dudester, the SHARP FACTOR was ready and happy to join the show and help the PPV Buys and ticket sales. Well, he wasn’t really as excited as I expected but I imagine it was one of those situations where you know, he was playing it cool on the phone but dancing on the furniture around his office. I know James… well, I think I let him go first at the queue for catering once or something, he’s not one to get too het up about things if I remember rightly.

[… and you probably don’t]

Has the scene changed? Has anything happened?! No… so keep quiet for now, this is my time to speak. And get this Martini out my hand, it tastes like crap.

[Matt put the Martini down]

Thanks. So anyway after, not a lot of convincing I think I only had to call like 3-4 times a day for a few weeks. James finally I imagine, gave in to his excitement and booked me up on the show. When I asked about who my opponent would be, I wondered what legends would there be for me to compete against. I was going through the lists in my head, was it going to be Fuzz? Steve Jason? Maybe James Raven, in all his excitement would come out of retirement and have a tussle with me? Who did they get me? Well James goes “oh yeah, we’re thinking of Ryou Bakari Itemri” or whatever the name. A rival back in the day, and I suppose a valid option, but he’s long since retired from the business. So they’ve lined me up with my old friend, Barney Green. Dear old Barney, I believe he came into the XWF shortly after I did. Nice bloke, and a good opponent to be fair, we’ve been acquaintances for years but never locked up in the ring.

[He had some interesting things to say about you, you know, in his promotional video for the match]

Did he really? I must check this out, I’ve not seen it just yet. Hint hint…

[As if by magic, or by the power of my own narration the promotional video starts to play on Matt’s TV.]

I… I can’t really see it from the dining table by the way. Think you could maybe move me a little closer?

[Yes boss… Matt gets up from his casual laying across the dining room table and walks over to the sofa where he sits himself down and begins watching the promo from Barney Green. Quotes from the Barney Green promo will be highlighted in…. you guessed it… WHITE! ]

I’m coming to XX for one reason and one reason only and that is to face an icon of the XWF

[An icon? Does he actually know he’s facing you and not got you muddled with someone who… you know… actually accomplished anything in this company?]

I accomplished plenty, lest we forget I was the GREATEST INTERNATIONAL DIVISION IMPACT ONLY TITLE Champion!!

[I.D.I.O.T…]

Looking at Matt Sharp. Former I.D.I.O.T. Champion. The International Division Impact Only Title. A true relic of a bygone era and somebody I got nothing but respect and admiration for.

Y’hear that? A true Relic of a bygone era!

[You do realise that Google describes a relic as ‘a person or thing that has survived from an earlier time but is now outmoded]

Oh… Well, maybe he meant the Title. That got a bit out moulded over time.

[Outmoded… never mind]

This isn’t going to be a situation where I talk about how I am gonna kick his ass from one end of the ring to the other. He may have been gone for years but he was one entertaining motherfucker back in the day.

Oof… language Timothy. But hey, you see what he says… One entertaining Motherfucker!

[As previously stated, that is all down to me. Nothing you’ve ever done is entertaining. Look at you, you’re watching someone else’s promo to fill out your own. Who even does that]

One entertaining, true motherfucker of a bygone relic!

[Sigh]

He and Bob Fairway did their thing

Heyy!! Bob Fairway, I haven’t seen or spoken to him for years. Get him over here

[Well, I don’t know where he is.]

Look you made the TV turn on and dropped me on a dining table earlier, I’m sure we can get Bob Fairway involved.

[Suddenly, as if by magic again, Bob Fairway appears at the window. For those who don’t know what Bob Fairway looks like… I’ll save you the agony. But I can tell you he will be represented in YELLOW!]

WHAT THE RUDDY ‘ELL AM I DOING HERE?!

Heyy!! Bob Fairway, my old friend.

NOT THAT RUDDY OLD MATE, I’M ONLY 65. Trying to enjoy my ruddy retirement if you don’t mind.

You managed to retire? That’s awesome!!

AYE, Some other bugger can go cleaning out phone booths now. Not my ruddy problem!!

You do know that Phone Boxes are like a thing of the past really now, with the invention of the mobile phone and everything?

Ya what?!

A true relic of a bygone era

[Matt looks directly into the camera and winks]

Ruddy ‘ell, why the bugger have I been out cleaning them all the ruddy time?!

Look that doesn’t matter anymore, it’s great to see you. I called round because, look, I’m recording a promo for the XWF. They’re holding a celebratory show, and I’ve got a match booked against Barney Green!

XW-ruddy-F, not that ruddy crap again laddie. I thought you were done with all that. Ruddy Jonathyn Ruddy Brown and his ruddy ‘You spin me round round, Jon Brown’ song. What you getting yourself involved in all that again?!

Look it’s good craic, come on in we’re just watching Barney Green’s promo for some inspiration.

Oh aye, I forgot I was still outside at the ruddy window. Standing here like a ruddy horse in a stable.

[Bob Fairway walks away from the window, after an acceptable amount of time he appears at the doorway to the living room and sits down next to Matt]

Aye come on then, show me what’s going on.

Matt Sharp. It’s not going to be unlucky for me. It’s going to be unlucky for you. May the best man win. I welcome the fight and will bring everything I got to you. No fear. Just determination

Well that’s not ruddy everything is it, the lying arsehole

Quiet... Bob. I see what he did there, using the old “Unlucky for you” catchphrase against me. Look here’s the thing, it’s 2019 now… the world of wrestling has changed a lot. It’s not about the trash talk anymore, it’s all about the respect. It’s not going to be unlucky for you, nor will it be unlucky for me. We’re both going to be so lucky to be able to face each other with the respect and admiration that is due. BFFs till the end, and regardless of the result I’m sure we will shake hands, have a little hug, who knows maybe a kiss on the cheek, raise each other’s hands and have a lovely meal after the show where we can recount all the wonderful times we had together.

[By this stage, the promo has been rolling in the background and we are at the scenes where Barney and RBI are talking in the bar]

Barney: I appreciate everything you have done for me. We may never be best friends, but know that without you being around as a rival, I wouldn’t have reached the barriers I have broken through. World Champion is something I never thought would have happened.

World Champion?! Wow Barney Green got his big boy pants ey? I wouldn’t have expected that, but it’s pretty awesome. Mind you if he’s saying his rival was RBI, I mean you would end up World Champion wouldn’t ya?

Ryou: Not a problem at all. The Warrior Of War may not wrestle anymore but I have no problems busting heads if I have to. What you need to know about Matt Sharp is he is a bit of an idiot and a goofball like you.

[Sharp frowns as he ponders for a moment]

Oh yeah? Well Mr. R You Bak ‘Ari… If that is your real name! If you’ve no problem busting heads if you have to, why did you reject James Ravens’ offer to return and face me. If I’m such an idiot and a goofball? Yeah… That’s right, the accuser has become the accused! As for you Barney Green, former World Champion, 265lbs of pure muscle…

265lbs of pure muscle? That’s nothing laddie, I’m 600lbs of pure Big Macs.

600lbs? And you’re 60 years old?

Aye…. All bought and paid for

But Bob, that means your BMI is going to be 69.5

[Quick maths]

That’s far from healthy, infact how are you even still alive?

No ruddy idea laddie. Infact I don’t even ruddy know for sure if I ruddy was before you ruddy invited me.

[Suddenly, as if by magic, the 600lb Bob Fairway disappears from the sofa leaving nothing more than a heavy dent in the sofa]

Well… bye then. Anyway, as I was saying. Barney Green… This weekend, Toronto Canada, XWF XX. We’re going to get into the ring, respect, admiration, BFFs, handshakes, kiss on the cheek. None of that matters, what matters is putting on the best show for the fans out there. I don’t know that we’ve ever competed before, or if we ever will again. So we have one shot, one opportunity…

[To seize everything you ever wanted]

Would you capture it… or just let it slip… Wait, stop distracting me. I’m trying to round this up, it’s been about an hour now, no sod it watching anymore. But I got to do a decent ending for all those who have fast forwarded it to the end.

Barney Green, this is our opportunity to go the dance. Respect, admiration, that’ll be there. But don’t think that because of all of that I’m going to give any less than I would in any other situation. We may steal the show, but I won’t steal the win. I fully intend to give you everything, to drop you with the Sharp Factor to get the 1-2-3, and even though after dinner we can get ice cream. It will still be… Unlucky… For… You

[Fade to black… at last]
[-] The following 5 users Like MR WS's post:
Atticus Gold (08-30-2019), Barney Green (08-30-2019), James Raven (08-30-2019), Theo Pryce (08-30-2019), Unknown Soldier (08-31-2019)