Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 06:35 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Classic! » The Old Folks' Home
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Raven expands “XX” card with 5 announced matches!
James Raven Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-17-2019, 09:48 AM

In the early afternoon of August 17 XWF Classic founder James Raven called for an impromptu press conference in downtown Toronto to discuss the match making process for “XX”, the 20 year anniversary show for the XWF. Internet dirt sheets and social media had begun to speculate that drama behind the scenes was delaying the show from getting off the ground, as two matches were announced for the show followed by days of silence. Raven was quick to dispel the gossip.

“There’s no behind the scenes drama. All of these guys have been easier to deal with in a negotiation than they were in the ring, I’ll tell you that. We’ve just been busy for the past few days, dotting i’s and crossing t’s, you know? We didn’t want to jump the gun and announce anyone that may still have scheduling conflicts, or book someone before we knew what all of their match up options could be. We think we’ve got a handle on all of that now, almost everyone has signed their deal... it’s time to roll.”

When pressed for clarification regarding ‘almost everyone’ having signed a deal, Raven chuckled.

“It’s Chris Page. He hasn’t signed the contract yet. Who else would it be? Look, he’s GOING to be on the show. He knows that and I know that. We’ve got an opponent lined up for him, and it’s a match that could be a career highlight for him. People have wanted to see it for years, but he’s going to have to drop some of his demands.”

When pressed further on the Chris Page situation, Raven tilted his hand.

“It’s Ranma Saotome. We’re finally pulling the trigger on that one. As for his demands, they aren’t even worth discussing right now frankly.”

The press conference immediately lit up at the tease of “Chronic” Chris Page and Ranma Saotome one on one at last, but James Raven shouted down all further questions about CCP and quickly announced several more matches for the milestone event.

“This event is not going to be about Chris Page and his ego like so many other events are. There are dozens of incredibly talented stars more deserving of the attention. Barney Green is going to be facing off against an old foe, as we’ve tracked down ‘The Great White Sharp’, Matt Sharp. XWF Legend and multi-time World champion Dominator will be climbing into the ring against Reboot era superstar Mighty Kid! Not to mention I’m sure you’ve all seen the interactions between Michael Graves and Unknown Soldier... well guess what... that’s happening.”

While the other three matches definitely drew some excitement from media members in attendance it was clear the buzz in the room was still mostly cantered around Chris Page and Ranma Saotome. Irritated he leaned into his microphone.

“Fine, you guys want big names to talk about? How about the Flatline Crew reuniting? Bigg Rigg and Superballs together one more time, and we even tracked down Keeper and Silverbullet to come back and manage them.”

The media members are certainly captivated by the reveal, reminiscing about one of the most destructive and dominant factions in wrestling history. The tone of the press conference immediately changed as Raven was repeatedly asked who he’d found to challenge Bigg Rigg and Superballs.

“If you want to bring down the Flatline Crew, you need to bring one of their old members with you. Big Shank is back. The Suicide Kings and The Flatline Crew are going to war.”

Raven grinned from ear to ear as one press member predicted this could be the most brutal and violent match on the card.

“Ain’t that the truth...” Raven responded wryly.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like James Raven's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (08-17-2019), Ned Kaye (08-17-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (08-18-2019), Steve Jason (08-17-2019), Unknown Soldier (08-17-2019), Vita Frickin Valenteen (08-17-2019)
Chris Page Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

08-17-2019, 01:07 PM

... and I won't sign the dotted line until you meet my one simple request. Your choice homie.

I mean you could always run Trent and Famine as your headliner.I'm sure that'd sell out.

- HALL OF LEGENDS 2019
- 2019 Heel of the Year
- 2019 Locker Room Leader of the Year
- 2019 Feud of the Year w. Robert Main (you’re welcome)
- Former
[Image: OW3ycxe.png]
[Image: fMJwa5h.png]
With
Robert "The Omega" Main
[Image: OZdvB4F.png]
XWF World Heavyweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-18-2019, 11:52 AM

ranma saotome.. god he was a beast

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post