Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:06 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Classic! » The Old Folks' Home
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fourth Legend Inductee and Second "XX" Match Announced!
James Raven Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-14-2019, 09:00 PM

Late Wednesday night James Raven was stopped by several paparazzi on Yonge Street in Toronto and asked for more information on the matches and Hall of Legends inductions taking place at the "XX" 20 year event on September 1st.

"Right, I guess I did promise you guys two names today..." Raven muttered to the small group as they walked, "Fine, and this one is personal to me; when I started in the XWF I got a lot of attention for being an 18 year old kid aligned with former World and Universal champions, and as the years went on a lot of those names that I worked with found themselves enshrined in the Hall of Legends and honored by their peers while a select handful of others were ignored for various reasons. Some had fiery personalities and rubbed others the wrong way, some were lured away by other promotions at prime points in their career, and some were overshadowed by the titans they stood next to. In this mans case, it's probably all of the above. While it can't be argued that he lacks the long term, signature run at the top of the card that many Legends had... it also can't be argued that he had the talent to take down any single one of them on any given night. He was one of my mentors, he was a dominant force in the ring and he's due to be reconized for his work and not just left in the history books as 'Aidan Collins partner'... he's a Legend now... Drake Komodo."

[Image: xwf-drakekomodo.jpg]

[Image: xwf-DrakeKomodo.jpg]

Raven wasn't finished there, however. Continuing to banter with the press core as he walked, he discussed the challenges of match making for a card loaded with legends and managing the egos and histories of everyone involved. In the process he let a second match from the soon-to-be released card slip.

"There's a lot of guys that have histories, and old grudges to settle. It's not as simple as getting a sign up sheet and putting people where you want to put them. Take Famine of the Vile for example, since he came back to the XWF he hasn't been shy about letting people know who he wants to face and what he thinks he deserves. Booking for XX was no different, when he heard Trent Gein was coming back he wasn't even listening to the other names I had for him," Raven said before grinning at the papparazzi and realizing he'd let the cat out of the bag, "Oh, we hadn't announced that yet had we? Well we have now. The Butcher of Plainsfield is returning to the XWF to take on the Demon King. Expect a whole lot of blood and hurt feelings in that one."

The Truth Until Death co-founder and former World champion Drake Komodo joins Fuzz, Zach Rizza and Ranma Saotome as names being inducted to the Hall of Legends at "XX" with several more to follow. Famine of the Vile vs Trent Gein becomes the second announced match on the card with several more to follow.

The Hall of Legends is currently under restoration. It can be found in its current form here:

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=32776&pid=146630#pid146630

The "XX" card is currently under construction. It can be found in it's current form here:
http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=34386

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Edit Hate Post Like Post