Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 07:09 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The title of this promo
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-29-2019, 01:51 PM

Victory. Such a small word with such heavy implications. Was it truly something only the strong could obtain, or was it merely a momentary recording in time?

Ruby had tasted defeat many times before, and one thing she knew: it didn't taste quite as sweet as its counter opposite. And while she hadn't quite lost to Lacklan on the last episode of Anarchy, the result of a draw didn't feel much better. When it came to wrestling, there were very little grey area's. You either won or you lost. You were loved or hated. Booed or cheered. It's a fundamentally simple world. You can lay millions of jigsaw pieces to complete the whole, but the outline always stays the same: Win.

Victory was the fuel that kept the engine going. But like a sugar rush, it was often gone as quickly as it happened. Ruby needed another hit, and soon. If she was going to keep putting herself through this, she needed one to numb the pain. Real life, on the other hand, was so utterly riddled with shades of grey. So unsatisfactory.

Ruby sighed, the green mask dangling from her hand. 'Feed me', the invisible mouth underneath seemed to scream. 'Feed me and keep me satisfied.' But the hunger was insatiable. Ruby realized that. Starvation was the inevitable outcome. All she could do was postpone it.

She put the mask on. Time to scour the streets and feed on some scraps. Lunch was gonna come later.

-------------

From Ruby's Go Pro

Dashing across the rooftops like a master of parkour, Ruby's breath could be heard in the background. The shaky cam footage turned towards the sky as she leapt from one rooftop to the other, until she landed back on her feet and rolled through. She remained crouched at the edge of a building, looking at the streets down below.

Ruby: Whoop-whoop! Looks like it's a quiet evening. I think we're getting through to them, my flippies. Crime has dropped considerably. In fact, I dare say it has dropped faster than the pants of that creepy weirdo I threw off a bridge for indecent exposure! Don't worry, he landed in the water and his hands and feet were tied together VERY loosely! He got away with a big scare and a wet willy... which is more than he deserves.

Her eyes searched the sky for a sign of the Ruby-signal, which was basically just a very strong flashlight that Ashley or a local police officer shone upwards when they were feeling lazy, but there was nothing to be seen. Satisfied, Ruby nodded and removed the GoPro from her head, turning it towards her face. Her red flushed cheeks stood in stark contrast to the green mask, but the smile was unmistakable.

Ruby: Greetings, my fellow watchmen and dilligent suitors of justice! It's ya girl Rubes here, taking a break from crime fighting to send you this special message AND to make sure she keeps hydrated! Remember to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day, peeps! Cramps are a nasty flippin' business!
Anyway, I'm sure you all wanna know my thoughts on Anarchy. If you don't? I apologize, and I have put some links in the description down below that refer you to some interesting WIkipedia articles you can read instead. Don't forget to donate!
SO... I've dealt with quite a bit of villainy as of late, in my attempt to bring #OrderToAnarchy. I conquered the potty mouth Noah Jackson and alongside my fellow hero Ashley Ackles the terrorizing threat of Mad Rhymes was temporarily put to bed. Lacklayn proved to be a tougher nut to crack, but she couldn't keep ya girl down without self-destructing herself... and any hero would be happy to take one for the time! But don't get me wrong, I'm not here to brag about what I have already done. I'm here to look forward to what still needs doing. I may have put Mad Rhymes to bed temporarily like I said, but the more gigantic of its members has just awoken, and I don't think she's the snoozing type. I'm talking about Maxine of course, the hulking bodyguard of Roxy Cottonne! While I don't think she's particularly evil, I do think she's very impressionable, a surprising trait in a woman so incredibly powerful. There are a lot of bad influences on your life Maxine; I know how hard it can be to ignore those kinds of voices, trust me... It's not easy to shake off, even if you'd like nothing more. Unfortunately, they turned you in my direction and pointed you at me, and I will have to proverbially swat you away like I was Supergirl and you the atomic bomb looking to ruin the West Coast! Easier said than done, but a hero's life is full of strife. See, I got rhymes as well!
But this is also the first step towards the Internet Championship. They do say the internet is the ultimate weapon, which is why I must obtain it and turn it into a symbol of hope instead. Away with fake news! Power and truth to the people!

As the banana-lime hero's eyes wandered over to the streets below, her ponytail shook heavily back and forth as she did a double take. She puffed her cheeks and mounted the Go Pro back to her crown.

Ruby: By my knickerflippin' fiddlesticks, that guy over there crossed the street two yards to the left of a crosswalk! Without looking both left AND right! I'm sorry my darlings, but duty calls again and justice MUST be served. After all, we don't want complete and utter anarchy, do we? We have enough of that this coming Thursday! Don't miss it!"

And she darted off. No other citizen crossed the street without looking that night.

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-29-2019), Vita Frickin Valenteen (05-29-2019)
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-29-2019, 01:52 PM

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Hate Post Like Post