Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:29 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » War Games 2019 RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Words
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

05-25-2019, 03:38 PM

The scene fades in.

In a dark portion of the gym, the bricks barely visible behind him, Ned Kaye stands alone. With a hand at his side, he takes a deep breath, his eyes peering past the camera and making eye contact with the viewers at home.

"I have a few words. Some things I would appreciate getting out there."

His tone is calm and focused as he steps forward, the light illuminating him more fully.

"I wanna start by saying a few things about myself, at the risk of sounding vain. See, I never grew up being a hotshot with a wealthy family or the common as dirt tough guy you find so often in this industry. I was a scrawny kid with a dream and the will to get back up when life knocked me down. Growing up wasn't easy or pleasant, it was a bloody struggle where I often felt at odds with my peers and those who would mold me into the man I am today. I can't tell you how many times I got knocked to the ground by a punk attempting to prove himself to his circle of friends. But I can tell you how many times I got up."

"Every single time."

"It's funny because you'd think that a guy like me wouldn't last in this business, wouldn't try after the first rejection. But I always picked myself back up. That's the difference between me and those who were born talented. Talented people want instant gratification and cannot stand the mere concept that perhaps life doesn't have to bow to then. Of course, not all talented people are like that, there's more going on underneath, but that's the exception. The rule is that if they don't ever have to try and someone forces them to, they often walk away. Because winning well is always easier than losing well."

He sighs, breaking his stare for a split second.

"I've lost. And I don't mean just some matches. I've lost a lot on the journey to the XWF. I got to witness the woman I would give up anything for be caught in a brutal trap of burning steel, clenched together through violent force. I had to bury the woman I love. And then, just months later, I learned that the man who laid the foundation of who I was as a person was now going to live the rest of his days with cancer. And I know, even through this match, that his days are numbered. It is a torment I can't fully express into words. As if every part of me is at odds. And yet..."

"Here I stand."

"Because I know deep down that he's going to be proud of the man I am whether I have a million title belts or none at all. And I can live with that. It'll sting just as badly, but I'm fully capable of still making him proud. Of making the supporters of mine proud. I've never view them as simple fans because they are so much more to me. Look at any other wrestler in this company and they'll likely give you a devil may care attitude when it comes to fanbases or supporters. I'm not that naive. They are truly precious to me and when I succeed I always want them to know my triumph is shared alongside them. Intentionally or not, I have become somewhat of a champion of my generation. Of the future of this company. Vincent Lane would have you believe that I ran into the locker room and started complaining and whining for a chance at the big belt, but that's because he is no faith in the future of the XWF. Why do you think he offered to put himself in a match at War Games? He can spin it however he likes, but the truth is that if he wants to teach me a lesson, he can book that match whenever he wants. But that's what my generation is viewed as. We inherit the baggage of a deeply complex world and are admonished by those in power because we dare to want to make a change. Like most of you, my last name didn't open any doors and I'm never getting an all expenses paid trip with the owner and his wife. I worked for what I am and I am constantly informed of why that is apparently a bad thing. I never won a championship in some other company, I don't have millions of dollars, but I have a voice. And this company may own my contract, but they don't own my principles."

Kaye's eyes seem to grow more intense.

"At War Games, my team is going that will really dig under the skin of Mr. Lane. We are going to prove that the old and guard and the new are equal, regardless of money and fame. Team Notorious will make the statement of the night. That ego for the sake of ego leads to defeat. That the future is brighter than a pale face caked in makeup."

"So, now that I have gotten that out out of the way..."

Ned rolls his shoulders, breathing in. He closes his eyes and centers himself before opening them again.

"Daniel."

"I don't have much to say about you really and that's the problem. You are the captain of your ship and it would likely operate better without you. I'm not anticipating any more words from you considering the worst you were able to say about me is that I have honor and respect. Real biting criticism there, Danny."

"What will always stick out to me, though, is your attempt to strike fear and doubt into my team, into me, into my supporters. You made that huge display of dominance and yelled "There's your indie hero! Right where he belongs!" And, you know what, Daniel?"

"I agree."

"On the ground is where I belong because that's when I get up, something you don't know a damn thing about. I don't mind having some compassion and some courage, but you act like it's some sort of weakness. But of course you do. The only courageous thing you've ever done is try to attack me in a match with someone else. I still won, Daniel. What does that tell you?"

"Bearded War Pig."

"I think you're a good man at your core. It's obvious you aren't exceptionally pleased by your placement in Team Daniel, but I'm sure you'll put your best foot forward. Maybe one day we can have a match man-to-man, leaving out the incredibly distressing overdose of egotism that you'll be surrounded by. Hopefully, your lack of faith in your team doesn't stop you from showing up."

"Rain."

"You are going to tear your team apart. You are evocative of why your team is doomed: internal conflict. Not only are you personally conflicted between the decision of dating your own sister or doing literally anything else, but you are at odds with your own team. Hell, all of Team Big D has problems with one another. Gilmour dislike you and Sarah, you actively antagonize Peter and your Team Captain, Lacklan doesn't like or respect any of you, it's a mess. I chose to draft a team of professionals who would show each other respect for a reason, because I wanted to avoid any chance of someone like you drowning an already burning building in kerosene."

"Peter Gilmour."

"Former Universal Champion. Former X-Treme Champion. Look at Peter Gilmour abd you will see something truly bewildering. For all intents and purposes, in a match with Gilmour you should he scared of his accomplishments. Hell, he's in the upper echelon of the XWF, in the Top 50 of all time, a true icon! And yet beating Peter Gilmour is a right of passage in this company. Peter loses both matches and his mind so often, it's hard to know how to properly react on most occasions. And while I truly do respect him as a wrestler, I've made it very clear that I'm already finished with being considered an outcast in this company. Losing is not an option, and considering Peter is the only man I know who would skip team practice to brag to his wife about how many women he can get, it doesn't seem to be a possibility either."

"And my final message is for none other than Sarah Lacklan."

"Sarah, some people see you and I as the future of the XWF. Now, at the risk of mirroring you and sounding blissfully arrogant, you don't have a future in the XWF. Not after War Games. Hell, not even after this promo airs. I am going to explain exactly why you aren't a threat so thoroughly that you'll never be capable of recovering in this business. I'm not going to insult your sexuality or your deceased father because they have nothing to do with why your career is about to be a passing mention in the history of my rise in the XWF."

"Let's start with one thing in particular: You want to pretend that you could stand toe-to-toe with the Universal Champion, going so far as to say Robert Main was scared to choose you as an opponent. However, in the passing breath you say he's lucky that you chose Thursday nights. Sarah, you won King of the Ring. You earned any title shot that you wanted and you chose one that wasn't even introduced yet. You had a clear opportunity to prove that you're truly unbeatable royalty and you didn't, yet you act like you should be praised for that."

"Sarah, oppritunity knocked and you cowered away. You're not Universal Champion material and if you really believed that you were you would have fought for it. Isn't that interesting, Sarah, how you claim one way and act another? You accuse others of copying their insults whilst you fall back on a select few immediate reactions of disgust and superiority and then praise yourself for being original. You say you earn everything on your own, but then you publish a magazine that exists solely to service your self-importance. You say I'm all hype and no follow-through, but when I get an opportunity to prove that I am as talented as I claim, I take it. More importantly is the fact that you choose to act this way."

"You're not mentally ill or stupid. You choose to be a complete hypocrite. You make a concious effort to treat everyone else like literal gutter trash while shielding yourself in a small bubble where you can pretend you're flawless. And then you spend a discomforting amount of time revering yourself instead of training or learning useful facts about your opponents. And why should you? You're privileged position has lasted you this long, right?"

"No more. No more of your gutless threats. No more of your idiotic narcissism. No more Queen of Anarchy. If you're going to continue wrestling with any amount of dignity after War Games, you're going to have to start developing that person behind the eyeliner, Sarah. Because at War Games, I am going to personally make you tap out. I am going to look directly into your eyes and let you know that flaunting your wealth and social standing will no longer do anything for you. And for the rest of your career, you'll get to know that what beat you wasn't someone with a belt or an undefeated wrestler. No, you got bested by an honest and honorable man who sees you for what you are. A bird who'd prefer to be locked in her comfortable little cage for her whole life instead of embracing the winds."

"On behalf of everyone who has to work for their position; who has to live a life of rewarding struggles, I'm going to crush your cage and your ego, Lacklan. And not you, nor any members of your team will be able to prevent me from doing it."

Ned lowers his fiery demeanor, opting instead to reclaim his calmness.

"All that said, I don't want to end this on an aggressive tone. No, I have a lot to be thankful for. And that is exemplified perfectly by my teammates. Those who will stand alongside me and face war itself this Sunday."

"Mastermind. A man who thinks through his opponents because he knows brute force is half the battle. But more importantly than his skills or accomplishments, is the man he is. He has suffered personal tragedy and unspeakable pain I genuinely hope no person on this planet will ever feel again. And yet, when such an evil thing happened, he won the X-Treme Title a third time, becoming one of a handful of wrestlers who have managed to do so! His career is far from over and, if you ask me, he's bound to be the first person in this company to have four X-Treme title reigns! Mastermind isn't over the hill or a relic from a bygone era, he's climbing beside all of us and he doesn't intend to stop this Sunday!"

"Unfortunately, it seems Thaddeus Duke is unavailable. No matter. I knew his integrity from the moment I drafted him, so I am certain whatever is holding him is serious. I wish him the absolute best in his endeavors."

"Edward. Though to the passing eye, he may seem to be thoughtless and destructive for the sake of it, Edward is a human being nonetheless. Yes, he has power. Yes, he may not bathe much! But he handled being drafted with ten times the grace of Sarah Lacklan and he is a proud member of Team Notorious! Not to mention, Daniel knows he can't beat Edward without outside interference, so what you'll witness tomorrow night is the culmination of the the blood rivalry these two have. I trust in Edward to finish what he started and, most importantly, Edward trusts in Team Notorious."

"Luna Hightower. Though her ultimate ability is dangerous, though she's looking out for number one, Luna is a professional for a reason. She fights with a tenacity that can't be learned and has been the heir to a technique that could potentially lay waste to Team Big D in seconds. However, that ability could be pointed our way and in that circumstance, I will personally lay my life on the line to defend my teammates. Her ability can kill, but I refuse to let that happen. If anyone has a chance of dying to Luna tomorrow night, I will do my damndest to ensure it's me. However, it may not even make it to that point, because Luna understands Daniel well having fought at his side before, so she and Edward can easily dismantle their team's head. Luna has my respect and I trust her with the safety of my team. I can think of no higher praise."

"Respect."

"You earn it or you don't. One team is filled with a group of people who respect each other fully. And the other is an alliance that will crumble as soon as the team's star breaks a fingernail."

"Do I need to say more?"

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 38 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-25-2019), Darius Xavier (05-25-2019), Rain (05-25-2019)