Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:12 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flip the switch
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-17-2019, 10:36 AM

She was getting older. She could see it in the lines on her face. The pores on her skin. The suppleness of her hair. Every time she looked in the mirror she dreaded her reflection, wondering how much longer she could keep this up.

Ruby traced her cheek as she stared at herself, wondering where it came from, this neverending masochism. Maybe Jenson had been right. She seemed to be on a quest for self-destruction and it was unhealthy. He had made that very clear when he left her. Her body was starting to feel the effects, too. It wasn't just the wrestling, either. Her... 'extracurricular' activities were more demanding than she allowed others to see. It was easy to joke on social media about saving kittens from trees, but the fun was over when she was jumped by five thugs who had tried to rob a girl in some dirty back alley. She diidn't break that kind of news on Twitter, of course. Nobody would believe her anyway.

She took a deep breath and her bruised rib sent a flash of pain running through her chest. She wasn't healing quite as quickly as she used to, either. But at least she'd learned how to deal with the pain better. She grabbed her mask from the edge of the sink and peered at its eyeholes.

"I hope you won't be the death of me one day."

Like a heroine addict sticking a needle in his veins, she wrapped it around her face and felt its warm embrace. Game face on. She couldn't let them see what was underneath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruby: "Why hullo thar, my flipping beauties!"

The city's white noise of car horns is heard in the background, as shaky cam footage is seen on the screen. The image stabilizes itself after a few seconds and the Super Dear'O's face pops up, her hazel eyes winking underneath her mask.

Ruby: "I do hope you're ready to share in some of my adventures! It's why I bought this GoPro after all, and before you ask: YES, I gave a healthy tip to the kind young man who took care of the transaction. Always tip as much as you can, peeps! GO GENEROSITY!"

She fist-pumps as she makes her exclamation and then turns the camera away from her face, revealing that she's high up on a rooftop, surveying the city below her. Her voice continues off-screen as she pans the GoPro to give the audience a better look.

Ruby: "So yes, this is my office I guess you could say! Meaning you can all sleep safe and sound, knowing that your watchful banana-and-lime girl is protecting you. I do have a bit of time to kill though, since crime in town has taken a bonafide flippin nosedive. 30% less speeding? I'll take it, thank you very much. Undoubtedly a result of all those awareness fliers I spread throughout the city! Go awareness!~"

Ruby puts the GoPro down and turns it towards her. She sits herself down on the roof and retrieves a carrot from her pocket, biting the end off with a loud crunch.

Ruby: "Always remember to eat your five veggies a day, kids! So you can grow up to be strong and tall like... Well, not me, but I'm sure you can think of someone. But now that I'm enjoying my healthy snack, and also making sure I don't eat with my mouth full, let's talk about what a superhero does during her days off. I know, I know, crime doesn't take days off but that's why we have sidekicks! Ashley is gonna do great, I just know it.
Oh yeah! My days off. Well, see, you all know I've been wrestling for... oh, what, over ten years now? Sheesh! But the thing about wrestling is that it never stops. There is no end boss. No real final achievement. All we can do is evolve along with the business and adapt to whatevere life throws our way. And oh man... It's just so much fun! The exhilaration and thrill of diving off a ladder. Leaping off the side of a cage and through a table. There are no words to describe it! So yes, your homegirl has once again laced up the literal boots, and is going to bring her brand of vigilante justice to the Anarchy brand of XWF! First crook ripe for the proverbial chopping block: Noah Jackson, a foul-mouthed upstart from Down Under who thinks having a potty mouth is a fitting replacement for having a personality. But that just won't cut it, boys and girls. See, I've been in the ring with masked madmen, rock stars, split-personality disordered people and Buddhist monks. And I know that they weren't successful just because they talked in a heavy accent and said the c-word a lot. If Noah Jackson thinks he can dismiss me because I'm small, he'll be on his flipping back for the three-count before he can say 'drongo'. So tune in, boys and girls. Your Super Dear'o will teach him a lesson he won't soon forget!"

Ruby winks and a signal goes off on her utility belt. She pushes a button and then speaks into her green glove, which apparently holds a microphone. (?)

Ruby: "Ash, my favorite sidekick! Yes, yes, I know, also my only sidekick... Say what? Littering going on downtown? Don't let them out of your sight! I'll fire up the RuMoByle!"

Ruby leaps to her feet like a trained martial artist and snatches the GoPro off the ground. As the stable image dissolves into more shaky cam footage, it eventually fades to black.

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (04-18-2019), Ned Kaye (04-17-2019), Rain (04-17-2019), The Brothers Blackwater (04-17-2019)