Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 04:09 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness Roleplays
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Twist of Irony & Fate: Part 1 - RP #2
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-20-2019, 05:39 AM

[duke]On the Roof of the Compound | Illimunatus Nation | Old Saybrook, Connecticut | 8:04 PM[/duke]

Have you ever had that feeling that you’ve missed out on something? Like, maybe you’ve gone through life haplessly and now you’re approaching 40 and have squandered so many opportunities to better yourself. Maybe you’re sitting at a bar every night drinking away the pain of that one really special woman you hurt. Maybe you’ve self sabotaged the best relationships you’ve ever had, whether it be friendships or significant others. Maybe you just failed to live up to your own expectations, or expectations placed upon you by others. Maybe you never finished high school. Maybe you finished but never furthered your education to become your best self.

It’s an incredible thing, really. For so many people to sabotage their own lives without ever realizing it. Some act out in ways that make others cringe. They cover up their pain over their own self-brought destruction with booze and drugs and hurting other people- physically, emotionally, any way they can. It’s their misguided way of taking back control of the lives they lost. Yet they could have avoided losing themselves had they just stopped, backed up, and took a different path.

It’s never too late to change what you are and become what you were always meant to become. In order to do so, one must be able to self reflect. To look inside themselves and recognize their own shortcomings. Recognize that people really are fallible, imperfect creatures susceptible to many mistakes. They must also learn that most things are not permanent. The fact is, you can reverse course and put yourself back on your correct path, but it takes work. It takes effort.

Thaddeus Duke sits on the roof of the Compound, staring out over the open air towards the woods in distance. He’s a young man, but a man he is. He’s a young man that has many desires, feels and loves very deeply. He has a deep maturity, emotionally speaking. And he’s always been open about his feelings and thoughts, no matter what repercussions they may bring from those that wish to demonize him. He’s a good person, from tip to tail, he’s a righteous man.

”Hey,” James says, greeting Thaddeus from just out of view, causing the young leader to look over to his right.

[duke]”Hey Jimmy,”[/duke] he replies as James steps into view.

”What are you doing up here?”

[duke]”Thinking, naturally,”[/duke] he replies with a slight smile.

”Anything in particular, mate?”

[duke]”A great many things,”[/duke] Thaddeus replies, sounding slightly depressed. [duke]”Most importantly, my life is missing something.”[/duke]

”You’re missing quite a bit, mate,” James responds lightheartedly. ”Like the love and affection of the female persuasion, for instance.”

[duke]”I don’t mean that.”[/duke]

”No, but I figured I’d mention it. Because it’s not just you, Thaddeus. You have a legitimate nation now that doesn’t allow women?” James suggests with a bit of condescension.

[duke]”I never really thought about that, actually,”[/duke] the young man states, furrowing his brow.

”Father Asmodeus would turn in his grave right about now, hearing us discuss such a preposterous thing,” James says with a smile as he imitates Asmodeus’ gruff voice. He takes a seat Indian style on the roof beside his best friend.

[duke]”Pffft,”[/duke] Thaddeus scoffs. [duke]”I love him, I miss him everyday, but he was so old-school,”[/duke] he thinks aloud. [duke]”Women were just for breeding in his mind.”[/duke]

”You don’t think that way do you?”

Thaddeus reflects on the question for a moment before answering. [duke]”Dolly Waters is one of my best friends Jim. She’s strong, independent, kicks ass in the ring. I love her to death man, truly. But I’ve never once looked at her as a mechanism for ‘breeding’,”[/duke] he replies, using his fingers for air quotes around the word breeding.

”So, mein fuhrer, what should we do about this?” Jim asks. ”Asmodeus had less than a hundred, you’re father less than 500, you have nearly a quarter million men at your command that could also use companionship.

“If you don’t open the doors, you might end up with one giant gay orgy,”
Jim concludes with a grin.

Thaddeus laughs at Jim’s joke. [duke]”The word ‘fuhrer’ is cringe worthy. Let’s not use that word again.

“The gay orgy, that’d align with some peoples perception I’m sure,”[/duke] he jokes. [duke]”Open the figurative doors to female recruits Jim. It’s time. It’s not 1850 anymore.”[/duke]

”What else is on your mind?”

[duke]”I’m not sure I want to talk about it yet,”[/duke] he replies as he lies back on the roof staring up into the sky.

”Thad, man I’m always here to listen, mate. You know that right?”

[duke]”Yeah bro, and I love you for it.”[/duke]

”Let’s talk about it mate, let’s sort it out.”

Thaddeus sighs deeply. He knows Jim is right.

”I hate when you try being like your dad and bottle things up.”

[duke]”I don’t try to bottle things up. I just sort things out in my mind until I reach an impasse, then I talk.”[/duke]

”Talk.”

Thaddeus stays silent awhile as he just stares blankly into the sky.

[duke]”I never had a childhood,”[/duke] he begins, breaking the silence. [duke]”You know how I grew up fast, and its a strange story that even I don’t like thinking about. But because of that, I never learned to ride a bike, I never went out in the woods with my school friends to pretend we were soldiers.”[/duke]

”No,” Jim replies. ”Instead you just went and became a real soldier. You went out and led your grandfathers forces to victory in 2 wars, started a civil war, and led your men to victory again. Using Germany as one big military base.

“Poland.

“Italy.

“The red and black half of the Illuminatus.

“I know its not what you meant, but its real. While there were others that aspired to world domination, including inside the halls of the XWF, you lived it with an elite military force the likes of which in all probability will never be seen again.

“You didn’t just talk about it Thaddeus, you didn’t just prepare for it for the cameras for 6 years. You did it. Do you realize how big a deal it is, mate, symbolically and really, to have the Vatican surrender their city at the stroke of midnight on Jesus’ recognized birthday?”

[duke]”I didn’t aspire for world domination,”[/duke] Thaddeus replies emphatically.

”No, that’s true,” James agrees. ”But you could have. And just like in the 1930’s and 1940’s, Asmodeus’ Germany prepared for war with neighboring countries and the big powers stood idly by, twiddling their thumbs.”

[duke]”I never went to school, Jim,”[/duke] Thaddeus states. [duke]”I never had that awkward teenage phase...”[/duke]

”Bullshit,” Jim interrupts.

[duke]”What?”[/duke]

”When you were 15 and I first came into your service, you were… borderline psychotic.”

[duke]”I forgot about that.”[/duke]

”How the fuck could you?” James asks, almost disgusted. ”Mate you built a church in a detention camp that was a fucking gas chamber and furnace.”

[duke]”Ugghh,”[/duke] Thaddeus cringes.

”Asmodeus didn’t guide you away from that, your father certainly didn’t either. I took it upon myself. The Illuminatus has always been in a giant gray swath between good and evil. That though,” he pauses, referring to the church death chamber. ”That was pure evil.”

[duke]”You go to sleep at a few months old, wake up 15, get killed, get resurrected, go straight to war and see how much you forget. I’m legally 5 years old for fucks sake,”[/duke] Thaddeus states. [duke]”Jim, I’m forever grateful that you steered me away from that bullshit, but so much early on, just gets lost.”[/duke]

”Right, good point,” James concedes. ”That is a shit load to carry I suppose.”

[duke]”Bro that’s not even it though. I never went to high school, never went to a school dance or a formal, never went to a high school football game to cheer on my friends. Never went to a homecoming or a prom.”[/duke]

”This is about missing out on growing up like normal people,” James concludes aloud.

Thaddeus just shrugs.

”Well, what can we do about it?”

[duke]”I want to go to high school,”[/duke] he blurts out, almost instantly regretting it.

James also lays back and stares at the sky and let’s out a deep sigh.

”How would you possibly pull that off?” he asks.

[duke]”You mean getting in?”[/duke]

”No that’s easy,” James answers quickly. ”You’re fucking famous, mate. Between news coverage of the war and being a head of state and being on television as a professional wrestler, many people are going to recognize you.”

[duke]”I don’t know,”[/duke] he admits. [duke]”I could just be like ‘a lot of people think I look like him,’”[/duke] Thaddeus suggests.

”And when the kids no longer buy it?”

[duke]”I don’t know, I can’t just cross every bridge before I get there.”[/duke]

James shrugs.

[duke]”I couldn’t just sign myself in though could I?”[/duke]

”I can get you a fake identity or a fake birth certificate. Whatever you prefer, but yeah I think you’ll need dear old dad for that one.”

Thaddeus sighs again then sits up. [duke]”Why do I always need him for something?”[/duke]

”Because you’re five years old Thaddeus, you said it yourself,” Jim says light heartedly. ”And he’s your dad, mate. Yeah I was against it initially, because of things from the past, but. I dunno mate, he looks like he’s really trying to be your father these days. And not just some guy that’s bigger than you and shares your last name.”

[duke]”You think he’d support me?”[/duke]

James thinks for a moment before answering. ”There’s only one way to find out.”

To be…

The scene fades in, still upon the roof of the Compound. Darkness engulfs the surroundings. Thaddeus Duke illuminated from behind by the handheld camera light. He’s wearing his white hoodie, with D U K E across the back with a blue lions head below it. The same one he used to wear to the ring.

[duke]”It’s been more than a year and half, since I have addressed Duke Nation in any way other than Twitter,”[/duke] he begins, breaking the silence of the cold New England night.

[duke]”I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t also nervous. I’d be lying if I said, I wasn’t fuckin’ ready. I am ready. I’m excited. Those nerves are of anticipation and not of my opponent.”[/duke]

He turns to face the camera.

[duke]”I’ll admit, I wasn’t real sure whether I could come back in here my first match back and deliver a five star match like the XWF and Duke Nation expects of me. However, the man everyone loves to hate on so much, my father, he wasn’t gonna allow that to happen. He wasn’t gonna allow me to fail.

“Sebastian Duke, love him or hate him, never let the XWF down, and he didn’t let me down either. He made sure I was ready. Ready for the XWF, ready for Duke Nation. Ready for Donovan Blackwater and the Television Championship.

“Bear with me, as I recapture my voice. That might take a minute.

“Most competitors reserve this time to try and shred their opponents with lame insults and mockery. While I may throw an insult here are there, or make fun of an opponent at times, it’s not in my nature to do so just because that’s what some might expect. More often than not, it’ll be a good natured ribbing. My idea of selling this match or any other match, which is what we do, is using truth and facts.

“Before I talk about March Madness and Mr. Blackwater, let me take a moment to get some things off my chest.

“I need to thank all of Duke Nation for never giving up on me. Never once turning their back on me while clamoring for my return to the ring. Let me thank XWF management for still believing in me despite stepping away for over a year and a half to take care of some… family business.

“By the way, someone else coined y’all Duke Nation. I was never that fond of the term, but it stuck. I’m the Lionheart, and Duke Nation is my Pride.

“The XWF though, it was never far from my heart. I always found myself looking over my shoulder at her, making sure she was still there. As if she was that dark, mysterious mistress that you never can quite get enough of. And what 20 year old doesn’t have an insatiable appetite for such a mistress?”[/duke]

Thaddeus breathes a deep sigh.

[duke]”On to business.

“Blackwater you may have suggested something and in your mind maybe you think you’re responsible for this match taking place, but I assure you, if they didn’t believe in me the way they do, if they didn’t think I could bring the Savage television ratings back up to where they ought to be, I wouldn’t be in this match.

“I mean no disrespect toward you or your kin. But the fact of the matter is, my name on the marquee has always equaled ratings, has always generated talk from the professional wrestling media, and made people think “well, I should probably go see that one live, because Thaddeus Duke just steals the fuckin’ show.”

“Because I do.

“Duke Equals Ratings, and that is one similarity I have with my father. The name Duke on any XWF card has always generated ratings. Make your jokes as I’m sure you’re wanting to do. Make a mockery of me, my father, my name, anything you want because even if you don’t, someone will and they’ll do it at their own peril. Despite what people say, or think, the name Duke is synonymous with greatness.

“The blood that runs through my veins, Donovan, is a legacy a can not run from and can not hide from, and to be perfectly honest, I’m no longer willing to try. I no longer retreat from the legacy left behind by my father and my uncle. I choose now, to embrace it, to expand on it. There is a championship pedigree in my blood. Respect that.

“See there are probably more similarities between you and I than differences, so we can certainly agree with each other in that respect, because as great as my father and my uncle were Donovan, your father was competing right along side them. Competing against them. Trading wins and losses against each other, pushing each other to be better.

“You titled your promo ‘Origins’ and I’d be remiss not to mention that had it not been for your father and his friendship and inclusion in the life of mine, I wouldn’t be here today to take your championship from you. Without Azrael Erebus, I’d be a normal five your old kid climbing trees and pretending sticks are assault rifles with my kindergarten friends.

“Instead, I stand before you, ready to knock you off the top of Savage mountain. Ready to expand my collection of golden trinkets. So you can thank your father, Donovan, not only for creating you, but for bringing to life the man that’s going to end your lackluster reign as champion.

“You mention your last pay per view match and the handful of the names you faced, but I have to tell you that Donovan, that is a literal list of a who’s not. Not a name you mentioned there can hold a candle to me and that’s not arrogance, it’s confidence. I know who and what I am in the ring and those people are not in my league and not on my level. I realize it’s been a year and a half, more really, since I’ve had a meaningful match, but let me tell you about my last pay per view match. It was High Stakes II. It was the main fucking event against Chris Chaos and Jim Caedus for the Universal championship. While I did not win, I was within a pubic hair, that one’s for you Vinnie, of becoming champion. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades and I get that totally. But for the sake of argument, there’s really a big difference between you and I in relation to our standing on the marquee.

“You’ve been here for months and have very little to show for it. I’ve been gone for a long time, yet here you are mailing in your chances. You’ve already fumbled this one away and at March Madness, you’re going to learn exactly that. You’re going to find out just why the XWF, my Pride, and I all think so highly of me. Because I get the fucking job done. I deliver. Whether I’m on first, last, or somewhere in between, Thaddeus Duke steals the show and just gets it done.

“Donovan, you know how cancer skips a generation? I guess greatness in your family also skips a generation. Now, I have no doubt you’ll put up a good fight on pay per view, but the die is already cast. I’m telling you your future and the thing is, you know it too. They know it. I know it.

“I’m gonna steal the show because its what I do. I’m gonna win because you’ve already proved that you don’t really fair well against someone named Duke. Yeah, yeah, I know. I’m not him. Thing is Blackwater, I’m better than he is. I just haven’t been around long enough yet, to prove it.

“You get to be the next first step, toward me cementing my status all over again as a major player and a main event talent.

"It's my homecoming, Donovan. It's destiny, it's fate.

“I just hope you can live with it.”[/duke]

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Dolly Waters (03-20-2019), James Raven (03-28-2019), Robert "The Omega" Main (03-20-2019), The Brothers Blackwater (03-25-2019)