Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:57 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » LEAP OF FAITH 2018
Leave No Doubt
Pestalance Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-19-2018, 05:32 AM

Doubt
(Verb)
1. To be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely; hesitate to believe.
2. To distrust
3. (Archaic.) To fear; be apprehensive about.

“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
Suzy Kassem

“We learn from failure, not from success!”
Bram Stoker

“Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”
William Shakespeare

A cloud of doubt has been cast upon the main event of Leap of Faith 2018. These shrouds of doubt have been injected not only from the participants, but from people whose futures will be directly affected from the outcome of the main event. Even fans, both those that will view the events live and those watching on live stream have their doubts about this match. In situations like this it’s inevitable that people will be unsure about what’s to come. But what sets this instance apart from the others is the fact that everyone…every single person has the exact same doubt.

Can Pestalance actually win?

Can a man who seemingly came from nowhere, a man with minimal experience and a short list of accomplishment beat the unbeatable?

The answer seems to lie in the question doesn’t it? The cliché statement of ‘beat the unbeatable’; typically a statement used to build dramatic effect to insight anticipation. A way to get people on the edge of their seats waiting with baited breath for the excitement to start.

In this case, however, the unbeatable seems to have become truly that. Many have stepped up to the challenge and all have been thwarted. No one has even come close to defeating The Engineer. So it’s very easy for that doubt to show up in people’s minds.

If you’ve been paying close enough attention, you could easily identify the doubts of every individual that will be affected by this match.

Robert Main doubts that anyone aside from him will bring the honor or dignity the Universal Championship deserves when challenging for it. He believes that he is the only person who is willing to take the long hard road that leads being the face of XWF.

Chris Chaos doubts the validity of his opponents getting an opportunity to even challenge for the Universal Championship. He feels like he is the only person worthy to be the next to step up to the challenge.

Robbie Bourbon doubts his own existence; a gaping hole in his soul has him questioning if he’ll ever be whole again. This emptiness motivates him to put everything on the line to obtain something to give his life meaning.

Peter Gilmour doubts that another individual is competent and proficient enough to take is spot in his former collective. If he comes out on top he proves this doubt and takes his spot back.

Engineer doubts that aside from one current individual within the company, there will never be someone who will push him to his limit of competition. He has ripped through all comers and is now unfulfilled.

Each person has their own individual doubts, but what links them all together is that they all share the collective doubt regarding Pestalance’s ability to dethrone The Engineer.

Not one of ‘The Leap of Faith’ participants has even mentioned the possibility of having to face Pestalance if they should win the match. Not one of them have even mentioned Pestalance’s name. In their minds they all need to be gearing up for The Engineer and The Engineer alone.

It begs to be noted, however, that these men are not the only ones guilty of exhibiting doubt. Pestalance himself has shown very similar doubt within himself. Statements such as “Because If I can beat THAT Engy” and “I don’t know if first time is gonna be the charm” has shown that even Pestalance is unsure that he can beat The Engineer.

All of these instances put us as viewers in a very awkward position. Are we about to witness the inevitable? Is The Engineer about to steam roll over Pestalance as he has done so many others?

No

Doubt has never determined the actual outcome of anything.

If that were the case, the New England Patriots would be the second undefeated champions in NFL history.

[Image: Super-Bowl-XLII-e1486520584660.jpg]

Buster Douglas would have never beaten Mike Tyson to become the champion.

[Image: Douglas-Tyson1.jpg]

The United States would have never won the gold in ice hockey in the 1980 Winter Olympics.

[Image: g238412_u85016_1980campcov.jpg]

Doubt is simply a feeling that can be overcome. If you have the intestinal fortitude, the drive and the desire, doubt is transformed from a brick wall to a speed bump.

Pestalance has these qualities within him and when he taps into them, he is the one that can beat that unbeatable.

This Sunday Pestalance will leave no doubt.

Plainfield, New Jersey
Thursday, July 19, 2018
1:45am Eastern Standard Time

As the camera comes into focus we hear a chuckle from Pest who is standing on his front porch. He’s looking over to his left nodding his head as he speaks.

Ok…so this is what we’re gonna do huh? Cool!

Pest turns his head toward the camera.

See I tried to make this match about the spirit of competition between two of the best this company has to offer. I put aside my vendetta against this company in order to facilitate something that has the potential to be a classic match. I didn’t take any low blows or cheap shots; hell I didn’t really even talk a lot of shit. I stated my position, I stated my motivations, and I stated my goals. I showed you the respect that I felt you deserved. And what did I get in return, Engineer?

Nothing.

I mean, aside from the low key ‘Yo mama’ joke that Madison slipped to Tucker prior to that dumb ass interview, I’ve gotten nothing from you, Engy. Honestly, this wasn’t quite what I expected when I said that I looked forward to you creatively telling the world how I suck. You could have done waaaay better over the course of the last two weeks.

Instead you choose to call me fodder. Really? That’s the best you got? I mean…ok.

Guess we can take that whole, “Everyone runs because ‘Engy’s promos are too good’” nonsense and toss that in the trash, huh? Cause honestly, nothing about you over the course of the past two weeks has been good.

Pest throws his hands up as he speaks.

I already know your response to this. You’re gonna blame me for that, right? You’re gonna spin it as my fault for not being the guy that’s gonna push you. Well what about the match before this one? What about the match before that? All everyone else’s fault and not yours, huh? Typical.

Pest folds his arms in front of him.

It’s typical because I know better than that, Engy; because I am a fan of yours. I’ve paid attention since day one. And it’s fitting that you bring up your work against Finn, because honestly, that’s the last time you’ve done anything of note. And yes, you did call out James Raven, but don’t sit here and act like Finn wasn’t a threat. Truth be told, Finn was kickin your ass during the match. I agree with you that you didn’t need Madison’s help to win, but Finn was giving you that work…jus sayin.

Now, let’s move past all of that and talk about truth for a second. For the last two weeks you been givin me a lot of ‘real talk’ (hood status confirmed) and then you asked me to refute anything you’ve said so far. Ok, the truth is…

Pest looks away from the camera, pursing his lips, before looking back shrugging.

I can’t. See, a good portion of the things you’ve said about me are in fact true. I haven’t beaten any of the champions in this company; I’m not too proud to own up to that. But, I’ve never made a single excuse since day one. I’ve owned every loss I’ve earned (key word earned); but also, I’ve embraced those losses. I’ve used each and every one of those losses to make me better. And because of that, I’m the guy that you are facing on Sunday whether you like it or not. So you can down play my journey to this point all you want, it still doesn’t change the fact that I deserve to be here. I deserve to get in that ring with you and bust you the fuck up. And that’s what I’m gonna do…bust you the fuck up.

I’m done singing your praises; I’m done fan-boying for you. The days of me looking up to The Engineer are over, cause now I’m looking AT you. And despite how much of a joke you make it out be it’s dangerous for you. It’s dangerous cause I’m bigger than you, I’m stronger than you, and most importantly I’m hungrier than you. I want this match more than you because I want the victory more than you. To you, this is a waste of time, a formality; a contractual obligation that you have to deal with. To me, this is the reason why I worked my ass off for a year in Japan. This is the reason why for the past six months I’ve worked harder than I have in my whole life. Beating you; taking that title…it’s all that matters.

So on Sunday night before you come out from the back, take that title and put it around your waste. Feel the weight of it on your hips; run your hands across the metal. Take a look at yourself in the mirror wearing it; commit what it looks like to memory. Remember what it feels like to be the face of the company; the top of the food chain.

Pest moves closer to the camera giving us a close up of his face. His relaxed look instantly turns to one of intensity and aggression.

And then bring your punk ass to the ring so that I can fuck you up and take what’s yours.

Holla at cha later bitch!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pestalance's post:
The Engineer (07-21-2018)