Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-17-2024, 08:21 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » LEAP OF FAITH 2018
THE TRUTH
Prof. Bobby Bourbon Offline
Mad Scientist

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

07-12-2018, 05:10 PM

Robbie Bourbon was recently devestated. Not just in the ring, but in his personal life as his long time girlfriend, Blue, dumped him.

For those in the way of a pissed off man with the strength to dislocate spines, move.

THE TRUTH

We open to see Robbie Bourbon at his desk. His usual chipper, eager, go-getter attitude, his whole driven demeanor, seems to be lacking as he looks utterly miserable. Diamondback, the man who can blend into any crowd, and Cyberjaw, the man with the cybernetic jaw, take the task of what true friends are there for; mending broken hearts. Robbie sips from a bottle of water and just looks on listlessly.

Look, man, I know you had big plans, but you need to get your head in the game here.

Yeah, totally! I mean, you even went on record and said that your whole Universal Title run was a sham from the get go, this is your chance to go out and take that belt the legit way, in front of the people.

Robbie downs his bottle of water.

The people could use better right now. I, just, I feel dead inside.

Just dead inside. I'm shredded.

C'mon bro.

Cyberjaw pats Robbie on the shoulder, and the result is like touching a statue.

Yeah, I mean, you had a good run and all, you had your moments and your bright spots. You had good memories. Right now, you need to pull yourself up and go out there and make new ones. For yourself.

Robbie looks up at both of them.

For myself?

I had someone that made me happy. That woman was my absolute life, my beginning and end, and everything in between. I was dedicated to moving mountains for her, and I thought that helping the people, maybe she'd be happy too.

Diamondback and Cyberjaw look at each other with some slight disdain.

Well, that's over.

Yeah. You need to rise up, and do for you. Follow your plan.

I don't have one.

Cyberjaw and Diamondback's eyes go wide. They're doing their best, as true friends will, but consoling the inconsolable is a fool's errand, after all. The fact Robbie didn't have a plan was the biggest shock of them all.

But, you always have an idea.

Yeah, you're the best and the brightest. Situational genius of the highest level.

Not in this situation.

Robbie continues to pout.

Well, think of who you're facing.

Rain? I'll crush him. Into paste. Stupid fool is just...

No, I mean in the Leap of Faith match.

What about 'em. Seen them. Been there, done that, got the t-shirts. Good group going in. I don't care what Engineer says, the XWF Roster is the best on the planet, and the folks I'll see for the chance at that case are top notch.

You know what? Fuck it. Now is not the time for bullshit, it's not the time to lie to myself. It's time to stare at life and embrace what is happening, good or bad. Sure, my whole life might be taking a strange fucking turn, but that doesn't give me an excuse to take it out on anybody else!

Take Robert Main.

What about him?

Cyberjaw rolls his eyes.

Well, I'm proud of the man. He's been a proven fighting champion. He goes out there and leaves it all on the line, day in, day out, leaving nothing to chance and taking ownership of every single word and deed he comes up for. Responsibility, that's the word, Robert Main is a very responsible man. He may have is issues, he may have his flaws, but he doesn't put them forward.

Yeah he does, he's always talking about what a struggle he's having.

Whatever. Look, I respect Robert Main. Flat out. He beat me for the Hart Championship once, regained it, and has held it for quite some time now, defending it against all comers. It's a shame he isn't defending it at Leap of Faith, one of the biggest shows on the XWF calendar, dare I say it the show of shows that sets us apart from any other shitty wrestling organization out there in the world. And sure, I'm pulling double duty, but I have no doubt that Robert Main could crush Rain just as well as I will.

Then look at Peter.

Oh, Jesus, do I have to?

Yes! Peter Gilmour is almost the lifeblood of the XWF. Come thick or thin, you know Peter will be out there to compete and give it all of his heart. Granted, more often than not, he won't wind up with anything, and who knows if the chubby little guy is even capable of hopping, let alone leaping, but he's not letting facts get in the way of his fantasy! He's even smart enough to see that I'm, well, a big guy!

Big? You're huge.

I know! That doesn't mean I can't use a rope to get somewhere, I'm a fucking athlete for Christ's sake. I'm not going to care if he says I'm fat, I know I'm massive. Incapable, though? Pfft. Nonsense. Shit, I got options when it comes to going after those briefcases. I could rappel up to the top of the XTron. I could tear the XTron the fuck down, piece by piece if I have to, in one fell swoop if I want to. Peter's got heart, but brains, well, maybe not so much. Chances? Probably less. But he's no quitter!

Okay, bro, okay, I see where you're going.

Do you? What about Michael Graves! Bless his soul, the dork warrior coming back and looking strong in the XWF after his eighteenth hiatus in seventeen months! Hell, he even can see and pointed out...

Robbie stands up and cups his belly. It doesn't jiggle, it's rigid power keg status still well intact regardless of how bent out of shape he is mentally.

...I am bigger than he is! And lo, he's got himself an opportunity! Opportunities that always seemed to be out of his reach. Hell, I remember one specific championship opportunity the guy had that really sticks out in my mind. It was against me in a fucking cage. Nice to see he's finally rebounded, a year and a half later, to come into the ring and earn another one. Maybe if he wasn't so preoccupied chasing skirts on middle school girls and taking extended leaves of absence, he'd get more of them. Like that Tag Team Championship opportunity he just got with Cadryn! Man, it's so good to see someone who just would never embrace success finally getting a shot at failing to succeed!

Robbie, are you...

I'm fucking swell, how 'bout you, bro?

You seem...

I seem awesome. Look, I'm not finished. Finn Kuhn is coming around to look for his chance to seal the deal and get himself a 24/7 case. Well, he'll sure as shit need one, he couldn't get the job done the first go around against Engineer. He couldn't get the job done against me when I was holding the Universal Champion. Maybe I was interim champ? I don't care! Anyhow, Finn is looking poised to leap and grab whatever he can to make his place in the world concrete. God knows he hasn't been able to do it so far, so maybe, just maybe, he'll get the right case and finally get those training wheels so he can learn to ride with the rest of us.

Azrael Erebus? Shit, and so you're back from outer space! I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face! The power, the unmitigated, unparalleled power that Azzy shows week in, week out, but still can't manage to go out and get the big one done. Rocked by Robert Main, doffed by Doc, shit, she or he or it has a resume that's as impressive as mine now that I think about it! Imagine if I actually had all those cool powers and shit, I'd be unstoppable. Azzy, well, more than stoppable. The meteor shower you need an umbrella for.

And Chris Chaos! Man, look at that guy go! He's gone from carrying Peter to dropping Peter to being carried by a Nazi named NAZI. Shit, where else are you going to see that but the XWF? Chris has people skills I'll never have, that's for certain, he's ridden just about every dick but mine since coming to the XWF to look like a success, even Jenny's eight inch cock sized clitoris.

Meh, I can't with this. I just can't.

Can't what?

I can't and won't. This motherfucker got in bed with a Nazi. This motherfucker is disposable. Compostable. Replaceable. Trash. Convinced that he's money but he's just petty cash. Trying to live his life like it's a day at the beach. If you beat the man, he'll just become a leech. Bloodsucker, poisonous and parasitic, but if you think that you've been bitten he's just smitten no need to go to the clinic. You lost to a Nazi, what kind of loser do you have to be? You joined up with a Nazi, we know what kind of loser you want to be. It's us, the world, the free, and the brave, against them, you, and we won't stop 'till you lie in a grave. Never forgive, never surrender, never forget, Chris. I am going to step up and crush you into powder.

Then, since we're being honest, and realizing what's what, let's talk about leaping.

I need to leap. I need to take the jump, into the unknown, into some territory, out of my fucking comfort zone. Here's the catch, fellas, I can't crash on this one.

My old lady left me. I was handed and ungifted the Universal Championship in a mockery to the wrestling world. I don't even get paid to come here anymore and wrestle, I just need it to feel alive, to give myself purpose. I have nothing to fucking lose.

The only direction I can go is up. Watch me leap, and watch me fucking soar.

Cyberjaw and Diamondback have smiles on their faces.

You sound better!

Robbie looks at both.

I'm not.

Robbie sits again.

I am not.

Robbie's fervor escapes as he looks despondently at the camera, or rather through it, not seeing Blue.

[Image: newtngb.png?ex=661f68da&is=660cf3da&hm=6...9be1b4b4b&]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Prof. Bobby Bourbon's post:
(07-12-2018), drezdin5788 (07-13-2018), Peter Fn Gilmour (07-13-2018), Rain (07-15-2018), The Engineer (07-12-2018)