Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 03:23 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » LEAP OF FAITH 2018
Ode to The Engineer
Pestalance Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-08-2018, 08:35 PM

Hollywood, California
Saturday, March 10, 2018
6:25pm Pacific Standard Time

This was Pestalance’s first time lingering around the backstage area of an XWF event. It was the night of his in-ring debut in the company; a beat the clock challenge for a TV Title shot. He was nervous…anxiously trying to get his head in the game. He sat alone in a corner, hoodie over his head, with a pair of wireless “Beats by Dre” headphones over the hood where his ears are. His eyes darted around watching the various XWF employees moving around preparing things for the evening’s show.

There was a controlled chaos all around him. It reminded him of sitting in the locker room at Rutgers before a big game. He had the same knot in his stomach due to the nervous excitement he had within him. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath holding it in for a moment before exhaling and opening his eyes. That’s when he got his first glimpse of The Engineer. Engineer stood in front of Taylor Mayde with Madison Dyson standing to his left. As Engineer spoke to Taylor, he adjusted his newly won Universal Championship draped over his shoulder.

That day Pest had seen a fair amount of the talent in XWF, from main event talent entrenched in experience and knowledge, to fellow noods like him trying to find their footing in this world of XWF. Aside from the typical introductions with a few random people here and there, he didn’t interact with many people that day. He simply observed his surroundings; this time wouldn’t be any different, despite his desire for the opposite.

Roughly six months prior, Pestalance was in Japan training for this very day. As Pest sat there watching Engineer his mind reverted back to that time. He recalled the nights that he would sit and watch live feeds of XWF on his computer and there was always one person that always seemed to stick out to him.

The Engineer.

He read the blogs that talked about how Engineer was the future of professional wrestling. He watched the YouTube videos of the “Top 10 moves of Engineer”, “The Engineer’s best promos”, or “Engineers best matches.” You couldn’t help but agree with the hype. Engineer tore through the ranks of XWF and now six months later, he was at the top of the food chain.

Truth be told, it could be said that The Engineer was the reason why Pest sat in that backstage area a ball of nervous energy. He had seen what Engineer had accomplished in such short time and wanted that for himself.

The Engineer was his muse, his motivation to ultimately enter the world of professional wrestling via the XWF. As the Engineer finished his conversation, he walked away with Madison in tow. Pest watched as the two walked away and thought to himself. He thought about what it would take to get to Engineer’s level. He thought about if he could be good enough to take Engineer’s spot one day. He wanted Engineer’s position in the company.

Not because he didn’t like/respect him; despite the company that Engineer kept, Pest thought highly of him. It was that high regard that drove Pest to want to be better. As Pest lowered his head, finally ignoring the chaos around him, he knew that his goal wasn’t going to be easy. He was well aware that when he got a shot at taking Engineer on there was a high probability of failure. But he accepted that as part of the journey because ultimately, all that mattered was the destination.

Newark, New Jersey
Sunday, July 8, 2018
5:45pm Eastern Standard Time

Pestalance stood behind the bar in his club leaned forward with his forearms leaned on the top of the bar. He reaches up with his right hand and rubs his chin as he speaks.

Pestalance vs. The Engineer…

Man…this bout to be a crazy one, ya’ll. The unstoppable King of the XWF against the new hotness up in this bitch! Low key, this is a match up that people have been talking about for the last couple of months. I’ve legitimately seen comments on the site about it, I’ve seen full on blog posts about the possibilities, twitter posts, the whole nine yards.

Pest nods his head.

And it’s finally about to happen. I gotta be honest; I’m excited about this one. Probably more excited about this one than any other match that I’ve had in this company. And real talk, it really doesn’t have a lot to do with the fact that the Universal Championship is on the line. I mean that’s cool and all, but it’s really more about getting the chance to go one on one with you Engy.

Pest sighs before looking over to his right and smirking while shaking his head. He looks back over to the camera still smirking.

Cause let’s be honest…and I might as well get this shit out of the way right now…

You’re the best, Engy!

Pest shrugs.

This isn’t lip service, this isn’t me blowing smoke up your ass, this is straight up real talk. You’re the best. You’re the best on the stick, you’re the best on cam, you’re the best in the ring. It’s been that way from the jump…I’ve always seen that. Real recognizes real, you know what I’m sayin.

You see, from day one…it’s been about fighting you Engy. You’ve been the face of this company; you’ve carried XWF on your back and made this place relevant. People talk about this company because of you and all of the crazy shit you’ve done since you showed up here; from fuckin bitches in coat rooms in the ass to avoid “Clapaids” to cutting motherfuckas heads off and throwin them in the crowd.

You make people talk. You don’t even have to try; it just comes naturally to you. You make the shit look easy.

I want that. I want that badly!

And see, the only way to get it is to fight you over, and over, and over again. Cause I’m sure this isn’t a one and done thing between you and me. I’m sure this is the first of many times that you and I will encounter each other in the ring. Hell, I hope that’s the case. I hope this is the beginning of an epic tale of the top two forces in the company colliding; makes for a pretty fuckin good story to be honest.

And I’m gonna go with my gut here…and I could be wrong…but I think that you are equally as excited.

Lately the competition has been getting a little stale here. I mean you said it yourself…you’re bored. There’s hasn’t been anyone that’s stepped up to you that posed even the smallest of threats. The moment that Jim Caedus was murdered, your life became this bland, grey shade of nothingness. Nothing that has excited you; no one that has tested your limits.

And then I arrive, the biggest threat to you, your undefeated streak, your title reign…hell, your career that you’ve seen in quite a while. And that’s got your juices flowing; it’s giving you a reason to put that creepy ass smile back on your face. It’s got your brain waves bouncing off your skull thinking of new ways to play mind games and inflict damage.

We are about to get the old Engy back, ladies and gentlemen.

Pest gives his own version of the creepy smile.

Good, I’m glad. I want the old Engy. I want the driven, blood thirsty Engy. I want the Engy that I was too nervous to speak to my first night on the job. I want the Engy that made me come to this company in the first place.

Because If I can beat THAT Engy, then no one can deny me. XWF becomes my world…my playground.

Gotdamn I’m excited about this shit!

Pest takes a deep breath trying to collect himself.

And once again, I really appreciate you letting my pick the stipulation for the match. Hope I didn’t disappoint you. I’m sure you were expecting some crazy spectacle of a match type; and believe me when I tell you I thought of a few. But then I thought back and honestly…well…as of late a fair amount of your last few title defenses have come down to some sort of shenanigans. I’m not saying that it’s been your plans or your doing, and I’m defiantly not suggesting that you can’t win a fight on your own…I’m just stating facts here. And this match is way too important for both of us for anything like that to happen. So to keep it fair and to allow the best man to win, I figure a cell with everyone barred from ringside was the best course of action.

Plus if during the match things get a little extreme, there’s still room for that. It’s a win, win for everyone right?

Sure it is.

So…I can’t wait to hear you creatively tell the world how I suck. I can’t wait to see the racist, right-wing jabs your collective conglomerate takes at me. I really hope that there’s some creepy cult shit and maybe a special guest appearance from Beelzebub himself threatening my soul to eternal damnation. That shit would be dope! I think we are gonna have a lot of fun over the course of the next couple of weeks leading up to this match. And as you can tell, I’m really, really looking forward to all of it!

Pest points to the camera, huge smile still on his face.

Holla at cha later, bitch!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Pestalance's post:
(07-08-2018), Azrael Erebus (07-10-2018), Finn Kühn (07-09-2018), Madison Dyson (07-09-2018), Peter Fn Gilmour (07-08-2018)