Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:47 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "CCPE Cannabis Cup 2022" RP Board
meet john black
benjamincrane Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

01-14-2013, 09:17 PM

(scene opens in a little diner somewhere in new york)

(we see Benjamin Crane sitting alone in a booth looking out the window)

Crane: (talking to the camera) Check it out. New York. Considering where i came from it's hard to believe how far i've come sometimes.

(turns to camera)

Crane: So, you're probably wondering why i brought you here. To some little dinky diner where apparently no one knows who am i. Though you'd think they'd be curious as to why there is a camera crew here, but then again, everyone's got a reality show these days, eh?

See, i not only came back to make the wrestlers better. I came back to make the fans better as well. And this week, The Monolith's lesson is for you, the XWF fans. There's a whole generation of wrestling fans that have no idea just how great it used to be. How once upon a time, wrestling was the IT thing in pop culture. Now, there's a generation of wrestling fans that have been drowned in mediocrity. And i weep for you. I weep because you'll never know the excitement of waiting to watch wrestling all day. You'll never know the comeradery of finding like minded wrestling fans. I truly feel sorry for you to have to watch the garbage that they call professional wrestling now. BUT, it is my hope by educating you now, that maybe the next generation will get it turned around and bring it back to where it was.

Which brings to me why we're here at this diner. I brought you here to show you the real life of a professional wrestler. You show up in the town the show is at. You head to your hotel room and get settled. Then you go out and find somewhere to eat like i've done here. Then there's a window between then and when you have to be at the arena where it's you time. Whatever you do. Then it's off to the show. You arrive at the building. Get your gear on. A lot of waiting.

Ahhhhhhhh, but here's the time. The time where you walk out from behind the curtain, walk down the aisle, climb into the ring and for that 15-20 minutes (give or take) your adrenaline gets higher than it ever does in your real life. Because all eyes are on you. Hundreds, thousands of people watching you put on a show. You have their undivided attention. And damn, is that a rush. It's a rush you just can't get anywhere else. And truth be known, THAT'S why we do it. It's not about money or fame, it's about that moment where you are the center of attention. That's why we do this. Is it worth it? Yeah. It is. I've been in semi-retirement for the last couple of years and i've been bored to death because i haven't been able to do this. So, yeah, it's worth it.

After the show, you get looked at by the trainers, talk to some people, head off for your hotel for sleep or some like to go party at clubs or bars. But me? Nah. Right to the room for rest. Then it's off to the next town to repeat the whole process.

What does this have to do with John Black you ask? Well, he's a wrestler like me. He has the same routine. But in reality, i just didn't have anything to rant about John Black. Fact is, i met him last week before my match with Duke, and he seemed like a cool guy. We had a nice little conversation. He's good people in my book. Here's the dirty little secret though, when two guys actually like and respect each other, they put on better matches. Why? When it's somebody you legitimately don't like or have no feelings either way toward, you're just trying to get something positive out of it. When you like the guy you're facing, you put in just a little more than you would normally. Because you're more comfortable that after the match no matter what you do to each other, you'll be cool afterward. I'm not saying I mail it in, but more like instead of 100% maybe I crank it to 110%. I know it's not actually possible to give more than 100% but i'm trying to make a point. Bascially, just because I like you as a person, John Black, don't think that gives you a pass from me. If anything, that just means you're gonna that much more outta me. And i expect nothing less from you. So when Warfare comes, i want to shake your hand before the match, beat the s*** out of you, win the match, and then shake your hand afterward.

(Crane looks behind the camera to the kitchen)

Well, i think my food's finally ready. (grabs a glass with soda in it) Cheers, John Black, let's fight like hell and then maybe we'll come here and dinner's on me!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like benjamincrane's post:
(01-14-2013), Wallace Witasick (01-15-2013)