Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:33 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Second Chance RP Board
The Rise and Fall and Reserection of a Nation
The Blue Tango Offline
HERO

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-21-2018, 05:38 PM

The Rise and Fall and Reserection of a Nation

The path to the peak of any mountain, a significant one, is never easy. The trek could lie with dangers and trials that would and could delay anyone and anything as they ascend. Whether we are talking a hike up the corporate ladder, a long journey through weathered conditions and wildlife, or what one certain man has gone through the past four years. The path to the peak of any mountain, especially one like the Xtreme Wrestling Federation, is never easy.

Waves crash along a random beach as the sun is spreading its last beam of light across the land before it completely sinks below the horizon. Whether the sky grows dark or not, the beach is still populated with several people all gathered in their own private circles. Along the edge of the beach, stepping just ahead of the water, is none other than the seven-time XWF Federweight Champion, himself, Calypso.

The champ jogs, in full jogging-attire equipped with the jogging pants and shirt, purple head and wrist band, and his Air-Jordans. He synchronizes every breath with every step as he rocks out to Nickelback through his bluetooth headset. Chad Kroeger's raspy voice is not the only thing going through this Champion of Champion's head, however.... There's something much bigger than Nickelback on is mind. Something much bigger than nearly anything that's happened in his life in the past years.... Something that could change his career and his life forever.

On May 27, just a few short days from now, Calypso will step inside the ring for the first time in ages to take on an old foe for one of the most coveted titles in the history of the universe.

The XWF Xtreme Championship.

You're probably asking yourself the question, "How in the actual FUCK did Calypso get involved in a match like that?!"

Well, we'll get back to that in a little bit. As for now, let's go back four years ago. Four years ago when Calypso first appeared in the XWF and the beginning of this amazing trip up the XWF mountain.

-- The RIse --
Inpsired by true events.

FOUR YEARS AGO.

"Nothing like a couple homies chilling for the good times with some awesome bevs, aye Partyboy?"

Uhh, yeah, sure dude.

Calypso and "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane chill backstage together. They're each sitting on the opposite sides of the small table equipped with a good ol' game of Connect-4 sitting in the middle. It appears the boys are amidst a battle of the minds as they poison them with mojitos. Vinnie watches as Calypso places one of his black checkers down a slot and winks. Vinnie rolls his eyes and follows-up quickly connecting four of his red ones and ending the game. Calypso's head slouches to one side in awe as Vinnie starts to get up from his chair.

"Hey-yo, woah-woah! Best of seven?"

I'll be honest with you, Calypso-dude, you're cool and all and this is cool, but there's some other business... Ya know, Roxy's in my room and she's been waiting a awhile. I should be rolling outta here.

"Bummer!! Look, one more, for the Championship of the World."

At Connect-4?

"Mmmhmm!"

Calypso was lucky to nod and get that out after he almost got choked up from Vinnie saying he was cool and all. Vinnie sighs and sits back down as Calypso lets out a very quiet maniacal laugh. In the meantime, behind them, Ghost Tank is on the television struggling through one of his dreadful promos when it catches Vinnie's attention.

I've got an idea.

Calypso's eyes widen.

"Sup??"

Vinnie points across the room toward the television and laughs as he says....

GHOST TANK!!

"Gross. What about him?"

Vinnie chuckles some more.

If I beat you... AGAIN.... You have to challenge Ghost Tank to a match.

"Say whhhhuuuut?!"

Calypso stares at the television as Ghost Tank continues uglying up the screen.

"Are you trying to kill me or what? Look at that guy. He's a little heavy and stupid for the Federweight Division, isn't he?!"

What? There is no---- What does that matter? Look if you're too chicken, dude, like I said, Roxy's waiting...

Calypso rubs both sides of his face with his hands and groans.

"And what if I win?"

Vinnie thinks about it for a moment.

Well, you'll be the Champion of the Universe, or whatever, right?

Calypso thinks hard about it for a second then smiles.

"You're on like Donkey Kong, bruh!"

Calypso preps another game and splits the checkers up.

"I'm red this time, mo-fo!"

Vinnie smacks Calypso's hand as he reaches across the table at Vinnie's red checkers.

Like hell!

Calypso waves off the slap and scowls at Vinnie, but shrugs because he just can't stay mad at him.

And the game began.

And ended just like the others did. Short and sweet, only this one came with a few tears. Calypso's fate was now sealed and his future health was in serious jeopardy....

Vinnie laughed and went to give Calypso a quick pat on the back, but decided against it and headed for the door.

Don't fret too much dude. Some things aren't as they seem, ya know? Chin up.

Suprisingly enough, it took Calypso the better part of a week to convince Ghost Tank to take a match with him. Maybe Vinnie was right and just because this dude played a big, scary, smelly, ugly AF monster didn't mean he was anything to worry about. There was Calypso, a guy that Ghost Tank could surely eat in a few short bites, challenging this guy and he just straight-up refused. Was it because Calypso was not worth GT's time? Was it because they had better things to do that weekend? Or was it because Ghost Tank was JUST as afraid of Calypso as Calypso was afraid of IT? Just like what they say about a wild creature in the woods, right? Maybe they're just as scared, if not more scared, of you than you are of it!

Calypso's attitude changed after having to pretty much beg for the match to happen. It was finally booked, but all under Ghost Tank's stipulations. Which kind of made Calypso a little nervous again. He knew the dude was a feak, but a Meathook match? Calypso can barely cut up chicken and other raw meats without gagging, let-alone puncture another humans skin with a meathook. As freaked-out as he was about the whole thing, he was committe and was not backing down. This was his debut in one of the craziest wrestling federations out there and if it took him walking out his a few scars in his first match then so be it!

He was unsure how to really train for the match, too. He didn't specialize in torture, although he's been known as a freak in certain parts of the bedroom, he didn't own any whips nor chains. How do you train for a match like this in under a week or even at all?! Calypso was full of questions, so he visited the person he knew could at least provide some direction in the matter.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Calypso stands outsde of a nice looking condo. To his back is a pull surrounded by waterfalls and a patio that stretches most of the way around it. Sweet get-up, fo sho. The door opens and there stands Vinnie Lane in an almost too short pink robe and beside him stands Roxy Cotton in a similar looking robe.

Dude........

Vinnie sighs and rolls his eyes back to Roxy motioning her to make her leave. The high heels she's still apparently wearing clap back and forth as she walks away and disapears.

"Dude."

How? Uhh.. What are you doing here, man?

"I needed someone to talk to, brosef. I need some guidance here."

Guidance for what?!

"Dude, remember?! In less than a week I'm facing GHOST TANK! Have you seen this dude?! He's huge!! You've fought some of the toughest, roughest dudes around man!"

Uhh, yeah, dude, and Ghost Tank ain't one of 'em.

Vinnie sighs again and looks behind him. He goes to shut the door, but Calypso and his puppy-dog eyes stare back and appearently stun the Loverboy a little bit.

Alright, man. You can come in, but only because I could use a drink.

Inside, Vinnie reaches for some top shelf shit up in a cabinet loaded with liquor. In two glasses, he pours the liquid evenly in to both and slides it across the short bar to where Calypso stood. Vinnie takes a sip and sighs again.

So, what's your deal?

"Well, I'm kinda getting hung up about this match. Hung up?! Ughghghghg.... Oh gawd.... See, it's fucking with my mind."

Look dude, I've never------

PPBPBPBPBBBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calypso takes a stiff sip of the liquor that Vinnie poured and immediately spit it out again. All over Vinnie and his bar.... Vinnie stands eyes closed, mouth shut as Calypso holds back some serious throw-up.

"That shit burned! Damn bro!"

Calypso continues to hack as Vinnie makes his way over to the sink to wash up.

"What were you saying? Sorry, by the way."

Vinnie sighs again and faces Calypso.

Look dude, I don't know what to tell you. If you're looking for a pep-talk... I don't think I'm the guy you want to talk to. I mean, fuck man, it's Ghost Tank. I've never really seen anyone get all sweaty because of the guy before. You really think I would have put you in this position if I didn't think you could handle it? I mean, you cramp my style sometimes but I don't want to see anyone.... besides Ghost Tank I guess, end up out of their league and suffer for it.

"So you think I can beat this guy?"

Vinnie kind of does a mix of a shrug and nod. Calypso bursts out in tears and hides his face in his arms. Vinnie's jaw drops through the floor. Roxy walks into the room and looks at Vinnie shrugging at her and Calypso crying his eyes out on the bar.

What's going on?

She walks over to Calypso and rests a hand on his shoulder.

Oh honey, what's the matter?

Calypso looks up from his puddle of sorrow into Roxy's eyes and with an upset toddler tone says...

"Nothing!!!!"

WIth each breath per syllable...

"I'm! In! Spy! Erd!"

He buries his bald, sweaty head into Roxy's chest and lets out several more tears before getting slid back onto the bar by her. She grabs a few tissues for him and Calypso slowly pulls himself back together.

You alright, dude?

"I'm better than alright. This is exactly what I needed dude. Thanks!"

Calypso jumps out of his chair and hugs Vinnie with all his might. He whispers and nearly breaks into tears again.

"I'm doing this for your, bruh."

Please, don't.

Present Day

Calypso cracks a smile through his synchronized breathing as he continues to jog down the edge of the beach. He thinks back to that time, four years ago, before Calypso became an XWF made house-hold name. He thinks back to when Vinnie Lane was at the top of the ranks of the XWF, beating off guys at the top like he's been doing it for years... And truth is, he kinda was. That's why Calypso not only respected the now XWF Owner, but looked up to him, as well. The words that Vinnie spoke to him that evening stuck with him and still reside, reoccurring from time-to-time in his mind.

He reaches a large group of rocks up from where he was jogging and brings it down to a slow walk. He removes the earbuds from his ears and pulls his phone from his pocket to close down Spotify. Leaning against the rock, he pulls the video player up, and brings his face into the view.

"Looks like we made it XWF."

Calypso chuckles to himself as he wipes a sneaky tear out from the corner of his eye.

"After years of doing what I do. Years of putting my body through some of the most strenuous training and unreal matches that surely took a bit of longevity from my life, we arrive at the top."

"That's right ladies and gents, my people, my people... Calypso will be fighting for the XWF Xtreme Championship on May 27th at Second Chance! 'Seven-time' isn't afraid to admit that it's been a long, hard road. There's a lot of things that take time and in that time you need to have patience. Calypso has been leading the XWF's Federweight Division for damn near four straight years now and, ya know, there isn't a thing out there to be more proud of. It takes a special breed to hang in those hallways and not everyone can cut it. I've heard people bad mouth that title left and right, but only because they're A) About to lose it to Your's Truly or B) Rarely jumps the champ or doesn't bother because they know they suck."

Calypso gets down from sitting on the large rock as people walk by as he's finishing his last line. They do their best to get past him as quick as possible to avoid any direct contact with him. Weirdo.

He looks back to himself at the screen.

"Now, I know what a lot of the members of Calypso-Nation have to be thinking. Is this jump to the Xtreme Division the end of Calypso's reign as King of the Federweights? Don't fret, dear friends. Calypso has no plans of relinquishing his Federweight Championship after he defeats his opposition at the pay-per-view! No, sorry Bob! Calypso plans to continue his seventh reign as YOUR.... YES! YOUR! XWF Xtreme Federweight Champion!!!!!! By golly!!!

"BWP. BRO. We gotta talk. I mean, I get it. You were in the Army and all that stuff. I get it. You love your guns.. Yeah, cool story bro. You know how many places are getting shot up around here lately because of guns? It's UNreal. Don't get me wrong, I have no REAL problem with guns. In fact, I own a gun. It's dark blue camouflage, cute little thing. Not sure what it actually is and never fired, but yeah. It's cute. If someone came and took it from me, sure, I'd be a little disappointed... I mean, I doubt they would pay me for it. For some of you crazy rednecks that would be a lot of money! Jeepers. I'm glad I only own one."

"Back to the matter at hand though."

Calypso pulls one of his wristbands off and flashes it in front of his camera. Written across it says "A.S.P.C.A."

"I would first like to give a shout out to the American Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Animals. The A! S! Mother fuckin' P! C! A!"

Calypso pulls the wrist band back on and stares deep into the screen.

BWP. What kind of hunting show bullshit are you trying to pull here? Are you licensed to be broadcasting you murdering and eating raw an innocent creature like you did? And I'm not talking about a license to kill or whatever laws your crazy ass state has for hunting... I'm talking about television rights and shit. Animal rights and shit. And what about a little bit of warning? You bit into that and----"

*Hyuk. Hyuuk. Huhhhhhhh.."

"Gross."

Calypso turns his head and spits then looks back to the camera.

"Some questionable content for sure. I've already reported you to the ASPCA so you better hope everything was straight, Mr. Or else you'll be getting quite a hefty fine in the mail.... You fucking savage."

After a couple more dry heaves Calypso is ready to continue.

"This is what I have to deal with come Second Chance? Two savages? Well, I would actually consider Ghost Tank as more of a monkey than a savage, but I'll keep it simple. I can't believe after four years of battling, all it took was a chance of luck and here I am wrestling at an XWF pay-per-view for the Xtreme Title. You've got BWP 'allowing' this to happen and Ghost Tank pissed and, of course, bitching about it to BWP. Look Ghostie, I know you're on a quest for redemption and trying to live out your "only purpose" in this place for a second time, but it's so far past your time that the clock that used to keep track of it used a couple of rocks and sunlight to work. I don't care how much you've changed and how different you are now... In case you didn't realize this whole time, I haven't gone anywhere. I know exactly what and who you are and, if you're asking me, I'm less nervous about THIS encounter than I was last time. Vinnie was right there entire time and I walked out of our match a bloody mess but what blood I bled out that night was replaced with pride. Pride that I have what it takes, at the very least, to take down a fake ass monster like yourself. You're like this cheap deli I used to deliver papers to as a kid in Jersey, GT. All bologna. Your talk is cheap and your skills where it counts hardly leave a scratch."

"Yeah, whatever you've had going on in the world the last four years certainly hasn't made you any better, that's fo sho. You're like an opened can of beer left out on the table. As a opposed to a fine wine, know what I'm saying'? Warm and undrinkable after a couple of hours and moldy and gross after a couple of days. But, in all seriousness, I am a tiny-bit looking forward to more of whatever this thing is you are now. Ego, superego, let go my eggo... What your ego is about, I have no idea. Your reputation around here precedes you to be a brush off the old shoulder so.... Yeah. Call me Curious George, but I'm a little interested to see where you're going with all of that. Maybe he thinks if he has an ego the skill will come with it? Hopefully it works, well no. I hope it doesn't. But it WOULD be one of those 'Hey I wish I had thought of this earlier' type of things, right? Right."

"You have every right to be angry with Pig though, dude. It is his fault that your odds just went down from like.... 30% to like zero. What a surprise huh? I thought so. The dumb ass, haha. I made a good point though, right? The dude would make a TERRIBLE Xtreme Champ doing shit like that... Unless, like, he's telling the truth and actually let Calypso pin him like that. I mean, no reason to hold back how dumb you are. Announce it to the world, why don't ya? Nothing like signing your own death wish, right? Ha!"

Calypso looks around and as the very last gleam of light shines above the horizon stands so the shot has both his big head and the setting sun.

"I have always loved the line 'I meant to do that'. Again, I get it. The cocky redneck thing. Make yourself look tough by fucking up and calling yourself on it. Cool story, bruh. But, like I said, I think Ghost Tank is kind of right about this whole thing being worried and all. The guy can talk redemption all he wants, but I know he is discouraged and pissed about this whole thing. As he should be. As YOU will be. You thought it was cool making a scene in VInnie's office like you did? What if that deer had a family you son of a bitch? You think it's bad ass pissing off the boss? It's all about to come and bite you back, brosephine. My legacy as the man who defeated the deflated, patched, and re-inflated, reanimated monster for the second time ALL because of you and become the XWF Xtreme Federweight Champion! Prepare for the greatest reign ever, because unlike THAT guy.... Calypso takes EVERY pin serious and knows the job well. You fools ain't seen an Xtreme Champ like what your precious future holds. Boom."

Calypso closes in on the ocean over his shoulder then comes back to his face.

"That's all for tonight, folks. I'll see you suckas on the flip side. Kisses."

Calypso shuts his phone down and throws his earbuds back in for some Enya. He turns around to see two preteen kids and an older couple standing there staring at him confused. Calypso smiles and waves, but not before they scurry off hastily away from him.

"Must be too dark for autographs."

Calypso shrugs and jogs away into the settling night.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Blue Tango's post:
"The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (05-21-2018), Ghost Tank (05-21-2018)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates The Blue Tango's post!
Ghost Tank (05-21-2018)