Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-12-2024, 07:57 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
A lot harder than first though
Bane Williams Offline
Just That Good

XWF FanBase:
Classic Face

(usually cheered; very rarely plays dirty)

05-28-2013, 11:37 AM

It's 3am and our hero Bane Williams sits alone in his hotel room reflecting on his first ever PPV appearance and his first successful UFO title defence. He was still hurting from being speared from Shocker and the fall onto Alex Shawn. High Stakes had been a success, but Bane was now constantly looking over his shoulder just incase someone decided to take a pop at him and try and take his title. Just yesterday, Bane had to fend off Zayne Viper on two occassions. Bane was becoming edgy and nervous, hence the reason why he was wide awake at 3am. These were the worst times Bane had when he was on the road, he hated being alone in his hotel room, hurting from putting his body through hell. There was nothing worse than being alone and awake at this time. He couldn't exactly phone his wife as she'd no doubt be sleeping.

Being on the road sucks. I can't wait to get home and see Melissa and Josh, I really should think about getting some sort of RV or something then I could bring them on the road with me. I can't stand this anymore, I need to be around my family, I wasn't made to be stuck on my own. Things were much easier in ETWOW when I was able to room with Cole...........

Bane sits up and realises the answer has been there all the time. He was always able to rely on Cole. His brother had shared similar experiences like this with him many times before, so much so, that he was probably half expecting Bane to call, knowing that he would be feeling a bit detached from the real world. Most of the XWF guys would probably have gone through this when they first joined and went away for the first time, Bane doubted very much whether they would admit it though.

Bane stood up and walked over to the dresser where his he had left his iPhone earlier. Bane hated it these days. He thought it was magnificent when he first got it but after a while he came to the realisation that with all of its restrictions, it paled in comparison to the much superior Samsung Galaxy S series, his mother had owned an SII and SIII, bother if which had blown his piece of crap from apple out of the water. Despite his dislike for the phone, he still hasn't bothered to replace it. He opened up the built in phonebook and scrolled down to his brother's number. Bane pressed the call button and held the phone up to his ear.

Bane: Come on pick up Cole......pick up....pick up......pick u......erm, Hey Cole, what's up?

Bane paused as Cole replied

Bane: Sorry to call you so late, I'm just a bit bummed out right now. This is the first time I've been so far away from Melissa and Josh and on my own too. Just needed a familiar friendly voice to stop me from climbing the walls. He'll, I don't even need your voice I just need your ears. Someone to listen while I let off a little steam. I kind of feel like I've been burning the candle at both ends, you know? First I had a triple threat match last Wednesday, then I had the PPV on Saturday, followed by Zayne Viper trying to take my title from me on 2 occasions. That's all well and goo, but now, before I even get a chance to find my head and get some R&R I'm back in the ring again tomorrow. I guess I could have taken up the offer to have the night off when Wallace offered, but no, stupid me, I decided that I'd be able to handle all this pressure

Bane pauses for a second and begins to nod his head

Bane: Yeah, you're right, I always was a bit glutton for punishment. Biting off more than I could chew at every opportunity I could get. I always tend to learn the hard way. Listen, I don't want to keep you up all night, I'm sure you'd ouch prefer to get some sleep rather than have me bore you with my problems. Can you do me a favour though? Will you pop in on Melissa and Josh tomorrow and let them know that I miss them and that I love them, I doubt I'll get much chance to call back home tomorrow as I'll have my final preparations to run through before my match. I'll be on the first flight back home on Thursday morning

Bane said his goodbyes to his brother and walked back over to his bed, he lay down on top of the duvet with his arms behind his head, staring at the ceiling.

This has been a lot tougher than I though it would be, I hope I can handle it because I don't want to let my family down. All I have to do is stay focused and try and be one step ahead of the game. I've got a match again tomorrow, and again I'm pretty much I the dark about my opponents, I don't know a damn thing about them, which isn't ideal, I guess I'll just have to do what I did at the PPV and just bust a gut and hope that my best is good enough.

Bane closes his eyes in the hope that he will fall asleep, if he was going to have any chance of winning tomorrow, he was going to have to get some form of sleep.

[Image: tbbw.png]
1x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bane Williams's post:
(05-29-2013)