Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:42 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes (May 25th) PPV RP Archive
Flying to Vegas
Bane Williams Offline
Just That Good

XWF FanBase:
Classic Face

(usually cheered; very rarely plays dirty)

05-25-2013, 07:07 AM

As I sat on the flight to Vegas I took a moment to reflect on how things had been going for me since joining the XWF. When I pinned Shocker for the UFO title, I never really took a second to think that I was making an enemy. To me it was just about business. This business is about getting noticed and getting titles, I decided to kill 2 birds with one pin. You can't not notice a guy winning a title before his initial debut. Do I regret making an enemy so soon? Not really. It was always going to be easier making enemies than it was going to be to make friends. Keeping a low profile in the back hasn't really endeared me to many people. In fact other than my title win, I'm not sure if many folk have actually noticed me as much as I'd have hoped. I suppose it's hard to make any sort of impact if you don't actually win. The loss to Shawn Hero was merely a set back. Did I deserve to lose? Damn straight I deserved to lose, I wasn't fully prepared for just how big a step up this would be from the Indies.

I leant forward in my seat and opened the zip from my hand luggage bag, reaching inside I pulled out the magazine that I had brought along to read. I opened the magazine and flipped through it not really reading anything in it, with a sigh, I closed the magazine and stuffed it back into my bag, I couldn't concentrate, my head was spinning as I realised that I was mere hours away from my first ever PPV match and I didn't even have an official win on my record yet. I'd always been confident in my ability, thus was really the first time that I'd ever began to second guess myself. I'd always been a big guy and was always able to handle myself but the competition in the XWF was far superior to anywhere else that I had been. All I could do was give it my best shot, but I wasn't even sure if that would be enough anymore. I was always able to rely on my brother Cole before, if I'd ever needed to have someone to back me up, it was a different story now though, I was a bit of a lone wolf at the moment and already making enemies. Maybe it was about time to try and look for some friends. I tried to rack my brains and see if there was anyone obvious that would be someone I could rely on, someone who got me, knew what I was all about. I hadn't really spoken to many of the guys in the back, so aligning with a big name was definitely out of the question, my best bet was to try and find a friend in the same position as me, someone me, someone with good intentions, someone who hasn't exactly had a flying start, then I remembered Wednesday night. After the show when I was leaving I passed that Norwegian dude, Heironeous. We didn't actually talk to each other but there was that look between us, we shared the same feeling that night, we'd both lost in our debut's but had given a good account if ourselves. Maybe it was about time for us to actually have a conversation and watch out for each other.

I looked at my watch, it wouldn't be long before we arrived in Vegas. I decided to close my eyes and get some sleep before my long busy schedule ahead of me. Win or lose, after tonight, things could begin to get interesting, all I needed to do was to make sure I could get the Scandinavian on board. As I lay there with my eyes closed I finally drifted off to sleep. I'd land in Vegas in about an hour and head to my hotel room, dump my stuff and find Steve Sayors, if anyone could get in touch with Heironerous, it would be Steve, the two of them seemed to have struck up a friendship since the arrival of the little Norwegian. After what only seemed like 5 minutes of sleep, the air steward gently tapped my shoulder to inform me that we had arrived. This was it, it was go time.

[Image: tbbw.png]
1x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Bane Williams's post:
(05-25-2013), Shocker (05-25-2013)