Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:52 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » WAR GAMES 2017 RP BOARD
Act X: Birthright (Part 1)
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

12-15-2017, 09:51 PM

"Sometimes we need to lose the small battles in order to win the war."

~ Sun Tzu

Unknown Date
Unknown Location

Darkness.

All that could be seen for miles on end was darkness. All enveloping, all consuming darkness. The maddening sound of silence was all that could be heard in this empty, devoid wasteland, lost of all hopes and dreams. It almost seemed like this was a familiar sight at this point, almost symbolic of the inner turmoil of Finn Kuhn.

Finn looks out with a blank look in his eyes. He was almost soulless, like a dead man beginning to rise and go above. As he shakily began to walk, the darkness began to morph.

Almost seemingly on command, a polished porcelain floor, prim and proper and squeaky clean rolled out onto the ground. Lavish, marble walls began to rise, with golden candlesticks and golden statues adorning the walls began to become apparent. But what became most apparent was the abundance of windows and mirrors, each of them reflecting light, which threatened to sear Finn's eyes. Covering his eyes for a brief moment to try and adjust to the sudden burst of light, Finn began to hear an abundance of chatter.

Lifting his hand away from his eyes, Finn's breath almost escaped him as he saw that the hall became flooded with people, from back to front, and encircling him. He witnessed the sheer magnitude of people crowded in this hall, almost all of them wearing the same uniform. The uniform looked almost too familiar to Finn, almost as if it was a soldier's uniform.

He needed to see what was going on.

"Uhh, excuse me," Finn said as he was about to try and muscle his way through. No one heard him, instead they were absorbed in their idle chatter.

"Ich kann nicht glauben, dass Wilhelm auf den Thron steigt. Bismarck ist das wahre Gehirn dieser Operation." (I can't believe Wilhelm is ascending to the throne. Bismarck is the real brains of this operation.)

"Es gelang ihm, Österreich in diesem Krieg zu beschämen. Wie nennen sie es jetzt? Der Sieben-Wochen-Krieg?" (He did manage to shame Austria in that war. What're they calling it now? The Seven Weeks' War?)

Finn furrowed his brow; what the hell was going on? Were they talking about Kaiser Wilhelm I and Otto von Bismarck? That was centuries ago, so why was he hearing about this now?

Clearing his throat, Finn said, "Entschuldigen Sie mich?" (Excuse me? as he tapped on one of the soldier's shoulders...

...Only for his hand to dissipate through.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Finn yelled as he instantly pulled his hand back after. A mass of ghastly particles seemed swooping around, before reforming back into Finn's hand. Finn stood there, flabbergasted as the soldiers continued talking. "The fuck..."

It became clear to Finn: He was essentially a ghost. An apparition. No wonder the soldiers couldn't hear him, or why his body passed through harmlessly after trying to tap on one of their shoulders. Since he didn't have to worry about being polite anymore, Finn began walking to the front of the room, his body dissipating and reforming multiple times as he continued to walk through.

A piercing voice became heard as Finn continued walking. "BEACHTUNG!" (ATTENTION!) the voice said. "Bitte erhebe dich für die Ankunft von Wilhelm Hohenzollern I!" (Please rise for the arrival of Wilhelm Hohernzollern I!)

On cue, the soldiers stood at attention immediately, waiting with bated breath for the arrival of their leader. A large line of important officials came streaming out of the back door, and on command, every single soldier saluted as their form of a greeting. Finn watched wide-eyed as eventually, Wilhelm I himself came out, looking proud and haughty.

[Image: 49e8da13c54bb01e072c4cfb5e30dd28.jpg]

With a smirk on his face, Wilhelm stood tall. In line next to him was also the German Prime Minister himself, and likely the one who spoke, Otto von Bismarck. Bismarck stepped forward, cleared his throat, and spoke.

"Achtung, Soldaten! Wie Sie wissen, sind wir hier, um die Krönung und den Aufstieg eines neuen Führers für Deutschland zu erleben! Unser starker Führer, Wilhelm I., ist heute hier bei uns. Er wird nicht mehr nur als der König von Preußen bekannt sein. Nein, stattdessen wird er Deutschland in eine glänzende Zukunft führen! Er wird Deutschland zur Herrschaft über unsere Nachbarn führen! Heute sind wir hier, um das Deutsche Reich zu gründen, ein Titel, der uns Kraft für die Zukunft gibt!" (Attention, soldiers! As you know, we're here to witness the crowning and ascension of a new leader for Germany! Our strong leader, Wilhelm I, is with us here today. No longer will he be only known as the King of Prussia. No, instead he will lead Germany to a bright future! He will lead Germany to domination over our neighbors! Today, we are here to found the German Reich, a title that will grant us strength for the future!)

"Vor etwa vier Jahren haben wir im Sieben-Wochen-Krieg unsere Rivalen Österreich gedemütigt. Zu sagen, dass die deutsche Vorherrschaft aufhören wird, ist eine Untertreibung. Mit dem neuen KAISER Wilhelm an der Spitze wird Deutschland die Welt erobern! Unsere Stärke wird unübertroffen sein!" (About four years ago now, we humiliated our rivals Austria in the Seven Weeks' War. To say Germany's domination will stop there is an understatement. With the new EMPEROR Wilhelm at the helm, Germany will conquer the world! Our strength will be second to none!)

Finally, Bismarck turned back towards Wilhelm and spoke to him. "Wilhelm Hohenzollern, treten Sie bitte vor." (Wilhelm Hohenzollern, please step forward.) In response, Wilhelm calmly stepped forward, although it was easy to see the near giddiness on display, a trait shared by Wilhelm's soldier.

Bismarck motioned for a soldier to come forward with his hand. After a few seconds, a puny recruit marched forward, with the legendary Hohenzollern crown resting on a pillow. Bismarck rubbed his hands, then grabbed the crown gently. "Mit der in mir ruhenden Macht behaupte ich hiermit, Wilhelm Hohenzollern sei Deutschlands Kaiser." (With the power rested within me, I hereby claim Wilhelm Hohenzollern to be Germany's Emperor.)

Wilhelm bowed his head, a smirk still plastered on his face as the Hohenzollern crown was lowered onto his head. Finn stood silently, drinking in the scene. However, as the crown touched Wilhelm's skin, things started changing.

The men on stage stood, unmoving. The soldiers, who you could practically feel the excitement of a new leader radiating off of them, characterized by their near inability to stand still, stood as silent statues. Only Wilhelm himself was able to move, looking Finn dead in the eyes. Finn felt paralyzed, unable to move. As Wilhelm opened his mouth to speak, a horrid, empty voice came out. Finn's hairs stood on end, his heart beating at a snails pace.

"Y̳̳̞͂̉̐ȯ̤͓̳́͝u̘̼͍͂͆͠'̬͓̙̈́͌͘v̢̱̼͛̀̑ẽ̳̫̝͊̓ ̳̘͇̌͊̎f̡̨̮̃̂̕o̭͍̹͂̈́̀r̗̮̫͌̏̍ğ̨̯̺̄͆o̼͍͎͌̾̂t͙̫̽͆̅͜ṭ͍̞̒͊̒ȩ̛̝̟̈́͝n͖͔̈͗̂ͅ ̦͚̱̍̈̄w̼̙̟̎̌͋h̨̛̜̹̅̓o̯̘̓͛̎ͅ ̤̮̙̎̎́y͖͔̫̋͛̀o̥̮̗̎̐͘u͍̪̻̒͋͋ ̧̠͕̓́̓a̖̯̟͛͐͝ŗ̞̲͛͛̀e͕̞͇͊̋̈,̡͇͈̒̿͝ ̧̞̬͒̂̊F̣̫̥̐̀̎i̧̺̻̓͋͋ǹ͚̥͖̀̌n̡̫̼̐̀͆.̡̦̳̎̐̇ ̡̙̟̄̇́W̼̗̟̍̉̇a͖̤͌͑̚͜k̮̱̫͋̈̍e̛̛̳̰͈̎ ̥̭͑̀̊ͅù̥͍̟̒̍p̛͈͍̰̆͂.̩̺̙̏̏̂ ̟̙͎̀͘͝S̩̩͖̈́̂͝t̢̨̩͂̈́͠ơ̰͇̦̿̓p̦̰͙͗̐̓ ̡̻̥̓̑͌ḟ̤͙͍̍̀e̡̞͗̔̏ͅë̛͎̥̳́͝l̥͚͉̅̐̓i̛̜̯͓͛͑ņ̡̫͆̓̄g̨͉̦̀̔̀ ̫͕͈͒͂̈́s͕̪͇̑͗̐o͓͕̮͋͒͝ŗ̛̬̦̿̂r̪̝̙͌̄̈́y̳͔̯̒͛͝ ̣̟̳͑̑̕f̝̬̖̈́͠o̖̝̘͂͛͘r̙̘͉̔͛̅ ̦̬̐̋͠ͅy͖͍͙̔͌̀o̢͇̾̎͛ͅu̧̨̪̅̀̚r͉͇͖̽̽͠ș̡̾̌͜͝ȩ͚̜̂̕͠l͖̪̼̑͋̀f̳̥̯̍̉͗.̻̩̩̉̾͑ ̙̙̻̽̅͘Ŕ̜̻͚͐͘e̞͎̠̋̀͘á̡͙͊͘͜l̫͕̼͆̾̈i̺̗̣̔̂̊z̰̲͈̓́͐e̖̝̹͂̎͝ ̧̝̤̾̆͗y̹̤̩̓̅̑o͙͕̖̽̆̒ű̦̦̭̓̋r̡̻͑͘͜͝ ̩̟̃̓̚ͅd̢̥̲̈́̈́́ȩ̧̱͐̆͝s̨̪̝̆̄̔t̗̭̳̑͌͠i̼̠̞͊̋͝n̮͈̭͆̆̐ẏ͕̘̄̚͜.̠͖͙͒͐̐"

Finn continued to be silent as Wilhelm spoke. Wake up? Realize his destiny? Forgetting who he was? Finn tried to open his mouth to try and tell Wilhelm to stop speaking in riddles, but nothing came out. His throat felt like sandpaper, his tongue like a cotton ball. Silence hung between the two as Wilhelm continued to stare daggers at Finn.

"Ẃ̧̫̳͇̰͍͓̟̲̠̖̈́̑́̀̊̉͂̚̕̕͝ͅA̢̨̛̮͓͖̬̥͕̳̱̯̰͛͐̈́̐͊̈͗͛̈́̕̕K̛̥̙̖̜͕̹̩̯̗̲̺̍͛̈́̋̀̄͛̋̐̀̚͜Ĕ̝͙̤̬̹̗͎̪̘͕̑̆͐̔̿̒̍̿̉͜͝ ̡̧͓̠̘͚̮̼̟̮̠̾̽͒͋͑͑̇͠͝͝͝Ư̧̼̤̮̣̟͓̟̮̜̮̅͋͂̀̐̽̾̌̽̆͑P̝̣͕͔̞̭̜̰̺̹̩̠̀̽̊̿͆͛̾̏̚̚̕̕!̤̳̩͉̙͖̥̮͚̭͋̃̈́̑̿͛͗̈́́̕͜͠͠"

8 December 2017
The Landis Taipei
Taipei, Taiwan

"GAH!" Finn shouts as he bolts himself awake, taking deep breaths to try and calm himself, making sure that this was real and not unlike that hellacious nightmare.

It wasn't working. Finn could feel himself freaking out, almost hyperventilating even. A cold sweat was brimming on his forehead, the tiny droplets trickling down his body and staining his blankets. Throwing himself out of his bed, Finn tried to find someplace for water. However, he could barely get five steps out of the covers before his best friend, Jon Williams, came to see what the commotion was all about.

"Finn! What the hell happened?"

"Jon, I...," Finn panted. "I just don't know. I had the strangest dream, and now I'm freaking out..."

"Woah, woah," Jon said, clapping Finn on the shoulder to try and get him to stop being so anxious. "We'll have to check that problem out later, but right now you got bigger fish to fry. Don't you remember what happened on Warfare?"

"I..." Finn said, trying to remember. Nothing came, only fog and haziness were all that was remaining in his mind. "I... I don't..." As if he was on spaghetti legs, Finn felt his knees buckling underneath him, and threw himself back onto his bed to try and re-stabilize himself.

"Shit, they really did do a number on you, huh?" Jon asked.

"Who?!" Finn shouted back.

"You got punked this Warfare. Jenny and Chris were together all along, and they ambushed you. Turns out Jenny was the chick in the hooded figure this whole time, and during your match Chaos tore you apart with a spear."

Finn grimaced; he showed weakness, and he paid for it. Now that Jon was starting to mention it, Finn's memories were beginning to come back somewhat... He remembered Chaos rushing towards him for that painfully devastating spear, but only after Jenny blinded Finn with a large dose of pepper spray. And then after that, Finn remembered that bitch Jenny getting the three count on him.

Disgusting. Finn could barely even live with himself after that shameful performance.

"We... we need to get after her. What's the next show?"

"Funny you ask that..."

"What do you mean by that?"

Jon chuckled before smiling. "War Games is up next, right before Christmas."

"Joy. Any idea who drafted me?"

"I haven't had a chance to check out the site, though from what I heard, you most certainly were at least picked."

"I... I'm not sure I--"

THUD.

THUD.

THUD.

"Hold that thought," Jon said, quickly shuffling his feet against the hardwood floor towards the door. Turning the doorknob, he pulled it back, and gasped in response once he saw who was on the other side.

~FIN~

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Finn Kühn's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-16-2017), Drew Archyle (12-16-2017), JimCaedus (12-16-2017), Phantom Panzer (12-15-2017)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 2 users Hate Finn Kühn's post!
John Madison (12-23-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-16-2017)