Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 12:20 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes (May 25th) PPV RP Archive
Jacobs Homecoming: RP 10 - vs Mr. Satellite
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-22-2013, 02:57 PM

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 6:02 PM EST

It has certainly been a long journey, hasn't it? From my Old Saybrook up-bringing until now. Sebastian Duke played the role of my big brother from the time I was twelve years old. I still remember the look on the face of that big obese child that used to bully me. He was much, much bigger than I was, but the thing is, Sebastian Duke was much bigger than he.

That was the day we met.

Until about a month ago, we were inseparable. Even when we had arguments, things never turned sour. I can’t believe I ever allowed myself to believe he was my enemy. An enemy that must be squashed, then executed. A man that has been my protector at any slight hint of a threat since the day we met.

No, he was not my enemy. Yet, between my own thoughts and things I had heard Jonathan say during his conversations with Sebastian while I was still at the Compound, I somehow convinced myself he was.

It’s been a quiet car ride home to the Compound in Old Saybrook. Things are definitely not back to normal. They may not be for a long time to come. Further, they may never be. I turned my back on him amidst the greatest threat we’ve face since the Brotherhood went underground centuries ago.

Frankly, that was not the best thing I’ve ever done. Easily, I’d say its among the worst, if not the worst, thing I have done. I know he forgives me for my deed or honestly, I’d not be alive. He could have easily paid that doctor to end my life.

Facing Sebastian Duke was the easy part. It’s what awaits me in just minutes from now when we reach the Compound. Not only did I turn my back on Sebastian, I also betrayed Father Asmodeus - who has literally been like a father to me all these year - but also the Brotherhood as well.

I fully expect to resume my role as Master of the Brotherhood. Of course, I doubt it will be immediately. Earlier in the car ride, Sebastian has informed me that Matthew now headed up that position. Not a bad choice, if I may say so myself, but he is - and expectedly so - very hesitant in his decision making. There is no shame in it, though. I was that way once, too.

Sebastian just had to interrupt my thought process, didn’t he?

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Well. You ready for this?”

JACOB: “About as ready as I’ll ever be.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Just relax. Act natural. They’ll all come around eventually.”

JACOB: “I hope. I don’t want to have to work with men that don’t trust me.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “They will, Jake. Have I ever been wrong before?”

JACOB: “Yes.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

JACOB: “It isn’t that easy.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Why not?”

Is he serious right now? Maybe he’s overlooking the facts of what I’ve done but I can almost guarantee not everyone will feel the same way.

JACOB: “You are ignoring the truth, so you won’t see it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What is there to see?”

JACOB: “You and I are like brothers. You’re willing to overlook what I’ve done. I wasn’t nearly that close with the others. They won’t overlook it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “They will in time. Besides, do you really expect them to overlook it? Come on, Jake! You turned your back on me, your back on them! Some of them are going to lay their eyes on you. Some of them are going to want to kill you.

“You did that yourself. Not me. Not them. You. Your actions dictate the way they feel about you now. Only your actions moving forward will change that.”

Damn! He made me speechless. He’s absolutely correct and I really hate it when that happens.

The gates are just ahead on the right. My heart pounds harder and harder the closer we get. The anticipation mounts as we make the right turn and pass through the gates. I can see the large double doors on the front of the building open up.

The truck comes to a stop just outside the doors and I hesitate, before exiting it. Much to my surprise, it’s a pretty warm welcome. Lots of high fives, handshakes and the like.

After Sebastian and I make our way through the crowd and into the central hallway, he grabs me by the arm.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Asmodeus would like to see you in the chapel. When you’re done, come to my office.

“Matthew, my office in fifteen minutes.”

I don’t respond, neither did Matthew as a matter of fact. Over the years you learn not question or respond. You just follow orders to the letter without deviation. Deviations from orders given by Sebastian Duke could - and very often would - possibly become perilous to ones physical health and well-being. He’d never struck me, even though on many occasion he could - and very much should - have.

I could probably guess why Father Asmodeus wanted to see me. I felt it best to just stand up like a man and take it in stride.

I enter the chapel and head toward Father Asmodeus sitting in the front pew facing the altar. I begin to walk the main aisle at a snails pace as I begin to get a little nervous of the conversation to come. He raises his head and ends his prayer.

ASMODEUS: “Come, Jacob. Sit.”

How did he even know I was there? I hadn’t made the slightest noise. The doors were propped open, so I knew it wasn’t that. Perhaps it had been many years of quiet battles away from the watchful eyes of the American public that has given him to sense when someone is about.

I speed up my pace and hesitate momentarily as I reach the end of the aisle, then I sit next to Father Asmodeus.

ASMODEUS: “I need to know that we can trust you.”

JACOB: “Unfortunately, Father, I can not just tell you to trust me and then you trust me. It must be proven. As God as my witness, I will prove it.”

ASMODEUS: “Very well. I’m not going to keep you long because I know Sebastian needs you.

“Sebastian tells me you want to be part of tonights operation.”

JACOB: “I do. Yes.”

ASMODEUS: “I’d like for you to abstain. Stay behind. You’re fresh out of the hospital. You’re not healthy yet. And....”

JACOB: “And what?”

ASMODEUS: “I just don’t trust you.”

I already kind of knew that.

JACOB: “I don’t expect you to trust me. What I do expect is for you to come to terms with forgiveness for me. Allow me the opportunity to redeem my self.”

ASMODEUS: “Jacob, I can not tell you how important to night is. It’s do or die. Either Jonathans alliance or the Brotherhood will succeed. You must ask yourself, what side do you want to be on?”

JACOB: “I have lived and bled for the Brotherhood. I know what I did was hurtful and detrimental to the task at hand, I won’t let you down.”

ASMODEUS: “Jacob, I’m not the one you need to worry about. Let me give you something to think about. If I ever suspect you even thinking about betraying the Brotherhood, it will be the last thing you ever do.

“Because if you do happen to betray us, I’ll kill you myself.”

What is it with everyone threatening me lately? Jonathan, yeah whatever. It stings hearing it from Father Asmodeus. How did I ever get to this point?

JACOB: “I hear you, Father.”

ASMODEUS: “Go see Sebastian.”

Time was winding down. Indeed, it was time to have this impromptu meeting with Sebastian and Matthew. It took less then 45 seconds to reach the door to Sebastians office. I knock and enter. I notice Matthew was already there, just waiting for me. I take a seat just a second prior to Sebastian beginning.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I’m not going to beat around the bush. Matthew, you’re out. Jacob is in.”

MATTHEW: “What!? You can’t be serious!”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I am serious. Look, Jacob has run this war since the beginning. Add to that, he’s spent time inside that warehouse that Jonathan and the others live in. He knows the layout. He knows every entrance and exit in that building.”

JACOB: “My Dux, I’d prefer to come along but not lead the charge.”

MATTHEW: “I’d prefer that also! Jake betrayed us once. Who’s to say he won’t do it again?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “This is not open for discussion. These are my orders. Jacob, you’re once again Master of the Brotherhood.”

MATTHEW: “That was supposed to mine!”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “On an interim basis, yes. And, you served me well. You’ll be rewarded in time.”

I did not expect to regain my position this quickly. This has certainly put me in a very awkward position. Of course, it is no ones fault but my own. I understand that.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Matthew, is the gallows complete?”

MATTHEW: “.....Nearing completion....”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Good. Jacob, have everybody in the chapel in 45.”

JACOB: “Yes, sir.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Now, out. Both of you.”

I leave without another word. Sebastian wants to get us all together one last time. Odds are, we won’t all be together ever again. Many of us will not live to see midnight.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 7:22 PM EST

We’re all gathered within the chapel. I sit in the front pew on the end next to the aisle. Next to me is a very unhappy Matthew. Father Asmodeus is in his normal seat, the throne on the altar.

I hear the doors open and I, along with all of the Brothers turn to watch as Sebastian Duke makes his grand entrance as he always does. Typically, he wears that weird cape thing, but tonight, he’s dressed in all black. He nears the altar and turns to face all of us. The chapel is deathly quiet.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Gentlemen, I’ve gathered you hear tonight because this will be our final time meeting together. Many of us will not survive this final battle that we’ll wage tonight. In just over 2 hours, we’ll assemble within the vans and our own vehicles and well set our sights on Old Saybrook.

“Our target is Jonathan and the crew he poached from our ranks. You need to listen to me. It’s going to go against everything you stand for, but there can be no survivors. Every last one of them is to be eliminated.

“As for Jonathan, he’s mine. When we enter the warehouse he is not to be killed. He is to be apprehended and brought back here. The gallows have been constructed for this very reason.

“Tonight, gentlemen, none of them are to get out alive and Jonathan... he hangs until he is dead. Any questions?”

I’m sure most are scared to death and couldn’t ask if they did have one.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Good.

“Take the next two hours and make your peace with God.

“Dismissed.”

The question is not, who won’t be coming back. The question is, who will?
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Sebastian Duke's post:
(05-26-2013), Crimson Cobra (05-23-2013)