Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 12:51 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes (May 25th) PPV RP Archive
Climbing Ladders
Franklin Fresh Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Classic Face

(usually cheered; very rarely plays dirty)

05-18-2013, 11:06 PM

A cloud of dust fills the air as the young Franklin Fresh hits the mat brutally hard. He moves a hand to his mouth and feels the familiar trickle of blood drip from his lip. He quickly rolls onto his back and kicks his legs as hard as he can at his attacker. The man takes a left foot to the abdomen and lets out a wheeze as he tries to catch his breath. Franklin seizes the opportunity to get to his feet. He quickly runs to the nearest turnbuckle and gingerly climbs it, still reeling from the hit. He looks down at his opponent, takes a deep breath, and executes a perfect missile dropkick. He hits exactly where he intended to, smashing the ladder his opponent was clutching straight into his face. The man lets out a heavy groan and falls to the mat. As Franklin gets to his feet, he hears that familiar voice and heavy handed clap coming from his mentor and good friend Bruiser.

It felt good to be back at his old wrestling school in Idaho. It had been a couple of days since he was made aware that he was entered into a championship match at the upcoming XWF PPV and knew exactly where he needed to be. This school had taught him everything he knew, and its owner Bruiser was not a stranger to ladder matches. It had been Franklin’s idea to get as much training as he could where he felt most comfortable, and that was here. As Bruiser continues to applaud his star pupil, Franklin notices his new manager Max Styles sitting near ringside going through a couple of files and folders whilst muttering to himself. Franklin noticed how out of place he looked wearing that sharp crisp suit in such a run-down wrestling school. Though he did not know too much about him, Max Styles had taught Franklin so much already about what is expected of a wrestler who wants to make it big. Franklin had been very busy as of late making appearances and doing so many other promotional activities that he had been looking forward to this little break from the hustle and bustle in his home town.

Suddenly remembering he was In the middle of a ladder match, Franklin turns around and watches as his bloody faced opponent charges at him with the ladder balanced on his shoulder. Franklin manages to duck just in time as the ladder is swung at his head, jump onto the man’s back, and lock in a sleeper hold. Both men fall onto the mat, allowing Franklin to grapevine his legs around his opponent adding more pressure to the move. Bruiser roars with approval and applauds loudly, as Max begins to speak. He doesn’t look up once from the paperwork on the table.

Max: The Way I see it, the biggest threat to you is Unknown Soldier. You could out wrestle the guy very easily, but this is a ladder match and Unknown Soldier thrives in this kind of environment. He has no care about his health or wellbeing, which makes him incredibly dangerous. He will do literally anything, regardless of the effects it would have on his own body.

Franklin: That’s true, but the way I see it the chances of him taking himself out of the equation are quite high. That’s the trouble when you don’t care about yourself and have no fear; you just end up eventually crashing and burning.

Franklin gets to his feet and looks down at his apparently unconscious opponent. He picks up the ladder with both hands and sets it up in the middle of the ring and begins to climb. As his feet hit the fourth rung, he notices his opponent getting to his feet. The young super gets himself into position, and then executes a perfect hurricanrana, causing his opponent fly into the turnbuckle shoulder first. Again, Franklin’s move is well received by Bruiser and he receives more heavy handed applause. Franklin looks over to his manager, then again at the ladder, contemplating his next step.

Max: Steve Davids, now this guy is impressive. He’s big, strong and quite sadistic. He enjoys his physical style and when he hits you, you feel it for weeks. As your manager, I would say avoid this guy like a plague in that ring, but if it ends up between you and him try and get him worked up and angry. My sources have it that when he gets frustrated he can be outsmarted.

Franklin: Doesn’t he call himself a psychopath? No disrespect to the guy but I think a real psychopath wouldn’t acknowledge he was a psychopath by using it as a twitter name.

His opponent slides down the turnbuckle until he is sitting in the corner facing outwards. The blood on his face continues pour, forming a small pool between his legs. Franklin picks up the ladder and with some difficulty, tosses it out of the ring. He slides under the ropes and once again picks them up. Bruiser watches his student with a puzzled expression on his face, wondering what he is planning to do. Franklin smiles as he walks behind the turnbuckle, pushes the ladder under the ropes and opens them out. He then proceeds to grab each end of the ladder and pull them back until his opponent is trapped between the turnbuckle and the ladder. Max speaks once more as Franklin looks under the ring.

Max: Luca Arzegotti didn’t fluke his way to the championship belt. He is as good as they come Franklin. The man can wrestle and he can fly, he pretty much ticks all the boxes when it comes to XWF superstars. He is smart too, I mean you have to be to hold onto a title that can be challenged for twenty four seven.

Franklin: I agree. I got a taste of what that is like when I won the UFO title, and my reign barely lasted a day I think. It takes someone special and dangerous to thrive in that kind of environment, so trust me I am not taking Luca lightly. He is my biggest threat in the match. I know he is. I have had two matches since I signed with the XWF. Just two matches, but I have won them both. I went from first match on the card, to competing for one of the greatest championships this company has! If that tells me anything, it’s that anything is possible if you believe in yourself and what you are capable of.

Franklin tosses the second set of ladders into the ring then slides under the ropes. After taking one more look at his barely conscious and trapped opponent, Franklin sets up the ladder in the centre of the ring. He looks up at the ugly mock championship belt hanging above the ring and begins to climb. With every rung he steps on, he imagines what it will be like at high stakes. He thinks about the roaring crowds chanting his name and holding up signs showing their appreciation for him. He reaches up and grabs the belt, then tugs it free. He looks down at the beat up old mat he has trained on, and imagines Steve Davids, Luca Arzegotti, and the Unknown Soldier all lay on the backs looking up at the rookie holding the championship they all gave their blood, sweat and tears to hold. Franklin can’t help but smile at the fantasy formed in his mind, and he knows he will give it his all to make that fantasy a reality.

photo cooltext1019189179.png
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Franklin Fresh's post:
(05-21-2013), (05-18-2013), #MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (05-19-2013)