Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:16 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes (May 25th) PPV RP Archive
Aftermath: RP 1 - vs Mr. Satellite
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-18-2013, 01:19 PM

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 10:42 AM EST

Beeeeep.............. Beeeeeep............. Beeeeeep

The rhythmic sound of the heart monitor attached to Jacob can trap you into a trance. Just over a week ago, Jonathan and his men - men that used to belong to me, mind you - staged an attack on my Compound.

No casualties, thank God.

Jacob, we're not 100 percent certain how he ended up like this. I think it might have been the percussion from one of the numerous explosions that night. All I know is he cracked his skull pretty good. Some brain swelling, of course. The neurologists drilled a hole to relieve that, but the man has been comatose ever since.

I've been camped out here ever since Jonathan alerted me to it. I'm not sure why he gave me the courtesy call, but he did. And shockingly enough, I did thank him. Maybe Jonathan isn't so bad after all. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to kill him, but now I have a slightly higher respect for my opponent in this 21st century Holy War.

He certainly has been a formidable one, that's for sure. That, in and of itself, is not something I expected. Now that my expectations of him have changed, the game has certainly changed. My 'commandeered' NSA satellite watched every move they made. However, it didn't prepare us for the battle we found ourselves in.

We all had guns, that much is true. What I didn't count on. What Asmodeus didn't count on. What Matthew didn't count on. What none of my top advisors counted on. Was the fact they had small missiles and rocket propelled grenades in addition to their guns.

If you saw the main building of the Compound right now, you'd be shocked. Charred walls. Windows blown out. Doors destroyed. Parts of the electrified fences missing. The front gates are destroyed.

There are two things I know. One - the game has changed dramatically and we must overcome and adjust. Two - man am I glad I bought that property. You've heard of the old warship Old Ironsides? Well, my Compound is every bit as strong. If not stronger. Charred, yes. Stones chipped, yes. Still standing, hell yes.

Just now, I could almost swear I saw one of Jakes eyes begin to open. Of course, I’ve been running on numerous pots of coffee and only sleep about an hour at a time. It could have been nothing. Nothing more then a figment of my imagination on overdrive from all the coffee and the lack of sleep.

Something inside me compelled me to be here. I’m not sure what. He’s a traitor. He turned his back on me when I needed him the most. He’d been like a brother to me. A brother in every sense of the word. Except blood, of course. As I said, something inside me. Maybe, it’s that I want to watch him suffer. That might be more imagination then reality though.

The reality is - if I want to be honest with myself - I want it to be my face he sees when he does come out of this coma. But, why exactly? To prove to him that in my heart and in my mind, I still consider him my little brother? I don’t know. All I know is, I want him to come out of this. I want him to show his true inner strength and his true inner will to live.

For me?

For him?

I’m not sure, really. I only know that I want him to live. Seeing him like this makes me think of the big picture here. Are these secrets truly worth all of this bloodshed and death? I used to think so. Now.... now, I’m just not so sure.

Doctor whatever his name is interrupts my thoughts. I have yet to meet him, until now. I’d imagine he has checked in with Jakes nurses for updates and what not, but this is the first I’ve seen him.

He shakes my hand and introduces himself as Dr. Nguyen. (pronounced, Win) He takes a seat next to me after checking on Jacob. Blood pressure, noting his heart rate, oxygen levels, that sort of thing.

DR. NGUYEN: “Are you relation to him?”

His broken English remind me of Linn Kwann. It’s not even so much that it’s broken. It might be just the accent.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “He’s my little brother.”

Yeah. I lied. So what?

DR. NGUYEN: “The next 24 to 48 hours will tell something.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What will it tell?”

DR. NGUYEN: “If he does not wake by Monday evening, he is likely not to wake at all.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You’re saying this could be permanent?”

DR. NGUYEN: “That is exactly what I’m saying.”

I suddenly dislike Dr. Nguyen. I stand up and pace a little with my hand on my forehead. I stop and stare out the window and lean with both hands on the window sill.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Get me the best neurologists in the world. I can afford it. I want the very best doctors this world has to offer.”

DR. NGUYEN: “Mister, uh... what is your name?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Duke. Sebastian Duke. In case you don’t know this, Dr. Nguyen. I happen to be the single most powerful private sector man in the entire world.”

DR. NGUYEN: “Mr. Duke, I am the best neurologist in the world.”

I step away from the window and fold my arms on my chest. I must have some sort of intimidating look on my face because Dr. Nguyen looks away. Fast.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “If you’re the best, as you say. No more nurses. I’ve been here a week. Night and day. Drinking pots of coffee and sleeping an hour at a time.

“I HAVEN’T SEEN YOU ONCE!”

I didn’t intend to raise my voice, but I think it helped make my point.

DR. NGUYEN: “Mr. Du...”

Damn right I cut him off.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Let me be perfectly clear to you Dr. Nguyen. If I’m awake, you’re awake. When I sleep, you can sleep. If you so much is have to take a piss, I want to know about it!

“You’re working for me now!

“You stay in this room night and day. You wash him. You roll him. You check his vitals. You do it all.

“Dr. Nguyen, he better wake from this coma, or...”

Yep. The little Asian bastard cut me off.

DR. NGUYEN: “You know I can not force him to recover.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “First of all, don’t ever interrupt me again. Second of all, if he does not recover, as God as my witness, I will destroy you. Do you understand me?”

DR. NGUYEN: “Yes, Mr. Duke. I’ll do my best.”

Yea, I doubt he understands at all. He probably thinks I’m bluffing.

I’m not.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “No, Dr. Nguyen. Your best isn’t good enough. You’ll have to go above and beyond your best to reach my satisfaction.

“Just get him through this.”

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 11:47 PM EST

I woke up from a longer then usual slumber in Jacobs hospital room. Dr. Nguyen is snoring and oddly contorted in a chair in the corner. I thought about booting him in the leg to wake him up, but decided I’ll play nice and let him sleep a little longer.

I venture out in the corridor of the Intensive Care Unit and grab a pot of fresh coffee. Yes, the whole pot. I drink it black anyway so who the hell needs cups? Really, I should just have the nurses put an I.V. in me and just inject the shit directly into my veins. It’d save a lot of time. Maybe even a lot of trips to the bathroom.

Oh good! It’s Nurse Caitlyn on the night shift tonight. She’s a real looker. Real easy on the eyes. She eyes me and smiles as I steal the entire pot of coffee.

NURSE CAITLYN: “Up for another all-nighter, Mr. Duke?”

Such a sweet voice. I might love this woman. Tall, slender and blond. Nothing like Kwann. Just, natural beauty. Kwann was all lust. She has perished from the Earth now, so, time to move on. Find true love. Hell, I feel silly even thinking love. Big, bad, Sebastian Duke, melting over a harmless little woman.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Please, Nurse. Call me Sebastian. But yes, another all-nighter is on tap.”

NURSE CAITLYN: “Is Dr. Nguyen alright in there?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Oh, yeah. He’s just snoozing.”

NURSE CAITLYN: “I’ve never seen him work this much and spend so much time on one patient. You must be loaded, Sebastian.”

Oh man. She has one of those infectious laughs. I didn’t laugh but I certainly smiled.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I don’t think it’s so much the money as it is the power.”

Money. Power. If there is something bitches love. It’s money and power. I got them both.

NURSE CAITLYN: “How’d you get him to stay? What’d you tell him?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I told him I wanted the best neurologist. I could afford it so why not. He said he was the best. I told him he was to stay on the clock night and day until Jacob recovers. Or...”

I cut myself off. Women love power, but they don’t always like the way it’s flaunted.

NURSE CAITLYN: “Or what?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I’d destroy him.”

NURSE CAITLYN: “I bet that scared him. He’s got money, so money wouldn’t have worked.”

There is that infectious laugh again. I must marry this woman.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Still, I think he thought I was bluffing.”

NURSE CAITLYN: “Well, Sebastian. I have work I got to do. It was nice talking to you. There is never anyone to talk to at nights around here.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “My pleasure. Hey, is there a way to get to the roof?”

NURSE CAITLYN: “The roof? Why would you want to go to the roof?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I have this lake by my house where I like to do my thinking. It’s quiet. Tranquil. It helps to clear my head and focus.

“Since I have no lake here, I figured the roof might just do the trick.”

NURSE CAITLYN: “Honey, this is Boston. It’s not quiet. If you insist though, go down the hall and to your left. Take the elevator all the way to the top. Go right off of the elevator. All the way down the hall on your right will be a set of doors. Go through those doors and up the flight of steps. Those steps lead to the roof.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Thank you, dear.”

NURSE CAITLYN: “My pleasure, Sebastian.”

I take my pot of coffee and head in the directions she told me. Flawless execution. Within two minutes I was on the roof.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 12:13 AM EST

I lean on the wall on the roof looking over the bright lights of Boston. From up here, you can almost hear everything. Chatter. Cars. Horns. Sirens. Nurse Caitlyn was right. It’s not that quiet. It’s kind of the opposite of quiet. Obnoxiously loud, actually.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “The fact is, the single biggest match of my career is coming up on Saturday. High Stakes in Las Vegas. If there was ever a more fitting title for this event, I’d like to hear it. High stakes is exactly what it is. I put my United States title on the line. The recently named Television title, which currently belongs to my opponent, also on the line.

“The match itself, Buried Alive. Mr. Satellite and I have nothing in common except for two things. The winner has everything to gain while the loser, loses everything. The winner walks away a double champion. The loser gets humiliated and buried alive under six feet of dirt, rocks and worms.

“Last week on Madness, I took something very important to Mr. Satellite. Something that will hinder his ability to communicate this week. Which, was exactly my plan. If he struggles to find words and a way to convey those words, he can’t possibly win.

“In a manner of speaking, it’s not like he could win anyhow. I’ve faced the very best this promotion has to offer and I’ve beat them all. Why would anyone think High Stakes will be any different?

“I’ve said numerous times that I am the Angel of Darkness. That I stay in this gray area between good and evil. That I swing back and forth like a pendulum. See, it’s by necessity that it is this way. That it has to be this way.

“Do I hate Mr. Satellite? No. I don’t even know Mr. Satellite. The truth is, I don’t really hate anyone. Except maybe for Jonathan. That bitch will die. You could argue that I hate Wallace Witasick, too.

“In order to hate a man, you must first, love him. One thing about Witasick, is I never loved him. The fact of the matter is this. Wallace Witasick intends to be a thorn in my side as long as I represent Warfare as champion. That’s all well and good. What he needs to realize, is that I don’t play nice.

“When the time comes, I will get Witasick, too. I always get what I want, sooner or later. If he wants to be a thorn in my side, I can guarantee you one thing, I will certainly be a thorn in his.”

I momentarily get distracted as down on the street adjacent to the hospital, a man is kicking the shit out of another man. It is kind of amusing.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Satellite, two arms, one arm, no arms. Robot or no robot. You’re in for the most brutal beating you have ever received in your pathetic little life!

“Beating you, will be childs play. I intend to hurt you. I intend to make you wish you were never born. So, you little failed abortion, let me tell you one last thing.

“The Angel of Darkness is coming to High Stakes to claim not only your title, but also your one good arm.

“Don’t be afraid, Satellite.

“Don’t be scared.

“Be absolutely fucking terrified.

“Sebastian Duke is coming to Las Vegas to unleash Hell upon you, the likes of which you have never ever felt before.

“Trust me!”

Just as I finish my last sentence I hear the steel door creak behind me. I turn to look and see Nurse Caitlyn walking toward me.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “They let you out?”

NURSE CAITLYN: “Break time.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You come up here often?”

NURSE CAITLYN: “Never been up here before.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Then what the hell are you doing up here?”

NURSE CAITLYN: “You’re up here. That’s why.”

That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Sebastian Duke's post:
(05-19-2013), Alex Shawn (05-19-2013), Crimson Cobra (05-22-2013)