Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 07:47 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes II RP Board
Q&A
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

06-11-2017, 07:44 PM

The following are quotes from the Q&A session involving Thomas Nixon and several reporters.

On Phantom Panzer referring to Thomas Nixon as “fake” saying that he doesn’t respect any of his opponents

“I’ve come to realize that the men I’ve faced in the XWF don’t have a lot of bad to say about me. Jack Cain voiced his respect for me, and most other competitors at least prefaced their insults with the fact that I have a track record for success in this company.

But Phantom Panzer chose to paint his trash talk with the tone of an arrogant man that can’t tell the difference between Ax3 and Bx3. The kind that poke and prod at imaginary flaws that they invent through some Freudian hyper-analysis. Now, I’m aware that most of the other men here make their trade through mind games and sophistry. They don’t necessarily spend time preparing for their match; they try to get in your head. They try and find a mental weakness to exploit, and these wordsmiths are generally pretty successful. They sound very convincing.

That’s why I wanted to correct the record. Earlier this week, Phantom Panzer attacked me on a personal level, and if you aren’t paying close attention you could buy into his wacko conspiracy theory. Panzer is under the impression that I’m lying and I don’t respect my opponents. He believes that I’m a fake man playing the role of a nice guy.

Now, Panzer is partially right, but he’s significantly more wrong than right. I don’t respect my opponents, and if you have inherent respect for any other individual, I think you’re an idiot. Respect has to be earned. And that’s why I don’t make alliances with anybody that wants to act buddy buddy with me. I might shake a hand after a good fight, but I’m not patting all of my opponents on the back.

But I never tried to make my opponents believe that I respect them. I made the distinct statement that I respect their ability. I respect their talent. That means, I’m treating them as the threat that they are.

If you don’t respect the ability of your opponent, you end up like Anderson Silva. He famously danced around during a championship fight and got knocked the fuck out. All because he didn’t respect the ability of his opponent. And that’s a trap that my colleagues in the XWF fall into. They trash talk and downplay the ability of their opponent. Then they are shocked and dumbfounded when they are pushed to their physical limit to win a match.

But if you want to over analyze my rationale, feel free. If it makes you sleep at night, go ahead. The fact of the matter is, I’m not putting on some schtick. I’m the most candid man in the company. I’m not playing nice, I’m just too smart to go be so ignorant. I’m too smart to champion a flawed game plan.

If anyone is lying or being dishonest, it’s the men that act like they are the undisputed best wrestler in the company. The men that are busy going on adventures and blowing shit up when they could be preparing for the biggest opportunity of their careers. But no matter what I tell you, it doesn’t mean shit until I walk out as the winner. So Phantom Panzer, give it a shot, prove me wrong. Show me how your disrespect and shit talk elevates your game. I look forward to the challenge.”

On Thomas Nixon potentially sponsoring the television show ‘Lizard Lick Towing’

“Can you repeat that question so everyone can hear it?”

[Reporter repeats question about potentially sponsoring ‘Lizard Lick Towing’]

“This is why I want more than just a time limit draw at High Stakes. Even if a draw means that I hold onto this belt, but I want to make a statement. Because any of the other top champions in the XWF would not get this bullshit question. My crusade for rights and liberty isn’t a joke, and as funny as it seems to make a joke about lizards, it isn’t okay to liken lizard rights to a low rent reality TV show.

Because when people here ‘lizard people’, they shouldn’t think that it is some ludicrous conspiracy. It shouldn’t be a punch line to their jokes. I’ve watched people suffer at the hands of bigots, and I’ve watched people have to hide away their true character to fit into the world. That’s not right and that’s not fair.

But sooner or later, people will figure out that I’m fighting champion that talks more sense than bullshit. I’m reasonable and I’m the real deal. So keep your offensive jokes to yourself because anytime my competitors have made similar comments, I’ve made them eat their god damn words.”

On Jack Cain saying that Thomas Nixon has a target on his back

“Well, I think there is some truth in that statement. It would look a lot more meaningful if one of my opponents scored the win over me, the champion, as opposed to sneaking a win over one of my challengers. With that being said, I don’t think that the guys backstage see me as the man that they want to take out.

I mean look at the card, I’m in the opening scramble. I’m not a part of the marquee matches, and it seems like the XWF is trying to downplay the value of this beautiful belt. They want people tuning into Warfare to see the Hart Title defended. They want people watching for the big moments when the Universal Champion gets in the ring. They don’t want to share that treatment for the Television Championship even though it’s at the top of the card almost every week.

So, I don’t think I’m there yet. I don’t think I’ve become the man with a target on his back. But that’s why this match is so important and that’s why my title reign so far has been so important. I can survive five other men and walk out holding onto this gold, my biggest challenge to this point in my title reign. Then that will put more eyes on me.

Then people will be tuning in every week, but it won’t be for the guaranteed Television Championship. They’ll tune in because they want to know if tonight is the night that someone finally usurps Thomas Nixon. And that will elevate this belt above the Hart Championship and the X-Treme Championship. That’s the prophecy I want to fulfill, and then Cain’s words will ring true.”

On Thaddeus Duke’s meeting with John McCain regarding global affairs, while Senator McCain has not made a statement regarding the oppression of lizard people

“That’s really a question of Mr. McCain’s optics. He’s a politician and the political world hasn’t been fast to adopt lizard people rights as a main issue. It’s unfortunate that people with power and influence won’t discuss this topic and bring light to it on a larger basis, but I’m sure Senator McCain is aware of the issue.

Luckily, we live in a country where politics is downstream from culture. That means that if we drive this message home and voters join the revolution, some politicians will have to adopt this topic as part of their platform. And as each day goes by, our support grows more and more. Each time a new fan tunes into Savage, we find ourselves with another person that believes in lizard rights.

Once we have thousands and thousands of Americans joining the revolution, people like Senator McCain will have to listen to our demands. And then, I’ll expect Senator McCain to call me up and find time in his very busy schedule to sit across from me and talk about the real issues.”

On the multi man main event for a shot at the Universal Championship

“That match is an unbelievable opportunity. There’s going to be more than twenty guys fighting tooth and nail for a huge title shot. It’s going to be intense and the fans will see men pushed to their absolute limits. I’m ready to give that match all the energy I have.

With that being said, it isn’t my priority. I’m training with one intention on my mind, and that’s holding onto the Television Championship. After that, I’ll use what I have left in the tank to salvage a championship match. I think I’m one of the best wrestlers in this company, but it isn’t easy for any man to walk out as the winner of two different, huge multi man matches.

Now, there is a lot of time in between the opening match and the big main event. That’s a lot of time to recover and get into my pre match mindset.

Either way, it’s going to be an interesting match. During that main event, I’ll go face to face with a lot of men I haven’t encountered before. I would love to get in Robert Main’s face and we can find out who is the better champion. Then there’s Thaddeus Duke, and I haven’t stepped foot in the ring with him in over six months. There are a lot of match ups, I’m not going to name them all, and I’m ready to show that I have the stuff to get through as many capable opponents in one night as I can.”

Ambassador of the Lizard People
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Thomas Nixon's post:
(06-12-2017), JimCaedus (06-12-2017), Mezian (06-11-2017), Phantom Panzer (06-11-2017), Theo Pryce (06-12-2017)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Thomas Nixon's post!
Phantom Panzer (06-11-2017)