Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:34 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes II RP Board
Dangerous
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

06-11-2017, 12:16 AM

Thomas Nixon taps the red button on the remote, turning off the television. He’s wearing gym shorts and a gray tee shirt with sweat stains visible in the upper chest region and around the armpits. Behind Thomas is a vast array of work out equipment ranging from treadmills to free weights. Off to the right, the XWF Television Championship is visible next to a half-empty gallon of water.

Thomas took a break from his circuit training to revisit some of the words from his competitors. He had spent the previous days watching footage of his opponents, of similar match types, and the segments his challengers filmed. He was getting a feel for their mindset, their expectations, and their past experiences.

“In just a few days, I’ll be looking across the ring at five other men. Five hungry challengers that all want a taste of gold; most of them haven’t held a singles title in the XWF yet. In some way or another, I can tell that all of these challengers are motivated and passionate. Most of all, they are all dangerous.

Let’s start with Jack Cain. One of the biggest men in the XWF, and a man that I stood face to face with a few weeks ago. He’s a tough dude, and I’ve felt his power. There were moments in that triple threat match where he nearly walked away with the belt. Now, Cain has a second shot, and he truly knows what to expect out of me; he made that clear. Cain voiced his respect for me, and that’s something most guys around here are afraid to do. That makes him a lot more of a worry. He isn’t taking this match lightly. No, no, no, he wants to come out on top and he’s going to give 110%. I can guarantee you that he will knock out somebody in this match.

Then there’s Drezdin. People don’t give him the credit he deserves. He doesn’t come out on the winning end a lot, but if you sit back and watch the footage, he puts up a fight. He’s a goliath that tosses people around like a complete monster. He has his weaknesses, but you’re a fool if you ignore the dynamics he brings to this match, especially in a chaotic six way bout.

Obsidian Air is a wildcard. He showed that he wants gold by snagging a couple championships, the Heavymetal and the Federweight. This is his first real opportunity to break out. He could make a name for himself with a big one at High Stakes, just like I’m trying to. That makes him a liability.

Phantom Panzer and Danny Sex are interesting characters, and I think it’s crucial that I mention them in the same breath. Panzer spoke a lot of ignorant bullshit that reminds me of typical cocky slandering that permeates this federation. But I’ve heard that Panzer is more than a shit talking rookie. Deep down, he is a part of Ghost Tank, an XWF veteran. That gives him the experience and the industry tricks to sneak out with the win and the title. It wasn’t long ago when he was X-Treme Champion and on a bit of a win streak.

But Danny Sex is even more of an enigma. You see, Danny is a nimrod. A guy that just wants to fuck hot women and also fuck dads. What is a guy like that doing in a wrestling company? He has no real motivation or desire to become champion. But apparently Danny Sex is a split personality or spirit or demon that is possessing the body of Robbie Bourbon. So as stupid as that sounds, I have to overlook the fact that Danny Sex is a spineless, pathetic wrestler. I’m not watching Danny’s match with Bilbo. I’m preparing like I’m going toe to toe with Robbie fucking Bourbon.

Robbie Bourbon is one of the best competitors in this company, since I showed up. I watched him carry the Hart Championship with pride and prove himself with multiple defenses. I was backstage during the elimination chamber match last December, and I fully believed that Robbie Bourbon would walk out as champion. I watch his matches, and I’m impressed with his talent. So I’m overlooking the stuff he’s been saying leading up to this match. It’s kind of sad. He’s so talented, but he does the same damn thing that everybody else here does. For some reason, Bourbon talks like his words will change reality. He preaches about how hard he hits and how unstoppable he is. Bourbon, you’re a talented man, but you’ve been beaten. I’ve seen you get pinned. So don’t rant and yell and talk like you’re a god. You’ve been beaten before, and you’ll be beaten again. I’m preparing for you because I know you’re powerful, but if you’re too busy squabbling with your split personality, then you aren’t going to be ready to take on five men. Plain and simple.

But there is more to this match then breaking down each other competitor. You see, I’m explaining why they are all dangerous for a reason. I just gave a solid reason why each of my opponents is talented or hungry for the win. Now, this match has six people in it, with no alliances or allegiances. Only one fall can take the match. That means there is going to be chaos. People are going to be blindsiding one another. People will be tossed around ringside. Every potential pin and submission will be broken up.

I’m no stranger to multi man championship matches. Let’s look back at my match with Danny Imperial and Jack Cain. That was the three of us throwing bombs at each other. There were only three of us, but there was still nonstop action. Close pins were broken up. Key submissions were interrupted. And with very, very little time left on the clock, I successfully pinned Danny Imperial to take home that title belt.

So now, there’s going to be twice as many wrestlers in the match at High Stakes. But there’s a very important tidbit that my opponents haven’t really touched on. There is still a fifteen-minute time limit. That means there are significantly more bodies in the ring that are keeping the match from ending. Five men are going to need to be down and out to successfully win the match; that’s one hell of a feat in that short allotted time. And if that time runs out, I’m walking out with the gold in my hands.

That means my opponents are going to have to be quick on the draw. Their guns are going to be blazing. They have to watch the clock and make the most out of the time. That opens up a lot of room for error. While they’re scrambling to keep things fast paced and deliver damage fast, I can play it slow and play it smart. As much as I want to get that win, the real pressure and need to win is on my opponents. If I can sit back, capitalize on the mistakes, and make sure that pins aren’t successful, I’ll retain my belt.

My opponents have been talking on and on about their drive or their strengths, but this match type brings organized chaos that usurps their skills. Because Robbie Bourbon can’t rely on pure talent if he doesn’t understand the win conditions. This match isn’t about luck or probability. Each wrestler doesn’t have the same one in six chance of winning; you have to understand what it takes to pin a man in a one fall bout with five opponents and then play to that aspect. But that hasn’t even crossed the mind of Phantom Panzer, Drezdin, and others.

One of the most overlooked parts of a complete wrestler is strategy. And as much as people need to have passion, drive, and technique, you have to understand how to put it all together. And in this case, you can’t plan on outlasting five opponents. You can’t bank on your endurance and stamina. You can’t bank on being the last man standing. You have to make something happen and find a way to win at the right time. You have to pick your spots and explode when you get the opportunity.

As dangerous as all five of my opponents are, they can’t just walk into the match and hope they are the best on the given day. They have to execute a gameplan. And that’s absolutely foreign to many of the guys backstage in the XWF. And that’s what will separate the champion from the challengers at High Stakes.

I respect all of my opponents and I believe in their ability to wrestle as a professional. I know that I will be knocked on my ass. I know that I’ll have my face pummeled in. But I’m going to execute my strategy, and one way or another, I’m going to walk out as Television Championship.”

A beeping sound fills the room, signaling for Nixon to return to his circuit workout. The scene fades to black as Nixon flips the television back on. He sets up footage from Robbie Bourbon’s Hart Championship run, as he returns to his exercise routine.

Ambassador of the Lizard People
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like Thomas Nixon's post:
(06-12-2017), (06-11-2017), "The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (06-11-2017), JackCain (06-11-2017), JimCaedus (06-12-2017), Phantom Panzer (06-11-2017), Theo Pryce (06-11-2017)