Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 01:13 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Wild Card Weekend Night 2 RP Board
Weary Traveler
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-07-2016, 12:46 PM

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 | 11:18 AM Local Time | Illuminatus One | 30,000 Feet Above the United States

The Prince and his entourage are mid-flight. They’ve literally been traveling nearly nonstop since just after the meeting with the Holy Father. Thaddeus Duke, in his own way, has been on an apology tour of sorts, visiting many of the areas torn up by the war on the Church. From Rome, to Berlin, to Warsaw, and everything in between. He’s made speeches, visited hospitals, fed children- basically anything he could do in order to help repair the image of the Illuminatus.

In the eyes of many, the Illuminatus is nothing more than an extremist group, not unlike terrorist factions that paralyze the world with fear. It is an incorrect view, but again, perception is reality. The young Prince has taken it upon himself to try and correct that image and it hasn’t been easy. Until the world can view the Illuminatus as an organization of peace and not one of war, they will always be outsiders, conquerors. Perhaps that perception may never change. One thing is for certain, if the Illuminatus sits back and waits for people around the world to accept their existence without actually doing anything to change how they’re viewed, those views will never change. Their only course here, is action. Well intentioned action.

I was born James William Edwards the third in a hospital outside of London. The year was 1997 and the world was reeling from the untimely, tragic death of the Peoples’ Princess, Diana. My father was British military and as such we moved around Europe quite a bit. Mostly England. Greece for awhile. Germany came later on around the age of 8 and its where we stayed for the next decade. English by birth, German by choice and circumstance.

When I turned 15 I told my father I wanted to join the military just like him. He was proud. He thought I’d make a good soldier. One thing he taught me was that a soldiers duty was to protect their citizens and their nation, and not necessarily the government that controls them.

I was just out of camp when the Illuminatus touched down in Germany and took control of the nation. My initial instinct was to resist, as would anyone’s. I’d be lying though, if I claimed that this small group of men so powerful wasn’t intriguing to young men like myself. Most Illuminatus men are born into it, raised to accept only one way of life- the Illuminatus way. My presence within their ranks is nearly without precedence. But I remembered. I remembered that my father taught me about my duty to man and country. So rather than resist, I did my job. I helped protect my fellow German citizens. The best way in my mind to do that was to work for the Illuminatus. If I worked for them, I’d know what their plans were. Fortunately, they were never intent on harming German citizens, at least that I’m aware of.

Circumstances brought me closer to the Illuminatus hierarchy over time. Once Jacob was killed by assassins, the King was on a mission. They knew the target was the three heads, Asmodeus, Sebastian and Thaddeus. What’s the old saying? Cut the head from the snake, and watch the body die. Or something like that at least. When the shots were being fired, my quick reaction was to throw the Prince to the ground, cover him and if necessary, give my life to protect his. Sebastian Duke respected that and made me his sons Blood Guardian.

Being close in age, Thaddeus and I became quick friends. It is easy to look at the young man and hear him speak and think that he’s nothing more than a spoiled little rich kid, living off of his fathers fame and his grandfathers fortune. In a lot of ways, you’d probably be right. But it’s the only life he’s ever known. He can not be faulted for that. As his friend, I can tell you that over the past few days and touring parts of Europe affected by the war, it’s changed him. He’s beginning to realize what real life is like. Real life without all the money and the fame. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have even one meal in a day, let alone three or even more.

I’ve learned, and perhaps even he has too, that regardless of what you think of Thaddeus Duke, he has a soft heart.

The wheels of the 767 screech as they hit the runway. The all black jumbo jet with the red iron cross on its tail zooms passed dozens of parked aircraft as its engines wind down. With a plane this large, it always feels as if it’ll never slow down enough before it reaches the end of the runway, yet it always does. After the plane slows to a stop, its taxied to a private into hangar rented for the occasion. Once inside, the door is opened and the steps are moved into position. Seconds later, the Illuminatus Prince and his small entourage exit the craft and descend the steps and immediately enter a trio of heavily armored Ford Explorers. The convoy moves out.

”That was a long flight,” James says to his charge.

”It didn’t seem it, really,” the Prince responds, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

”Probably because you slept for 90% of the trip,” James says with a slight laugh.

”I was tired.”

The remainder of the trip remains quiet. Thaddeus Duke stares out the window as rundown neighborhood after rundown neighborhood passes before his eyes. He can only shake his head in disgust. It boggles his mind how a nation so rich can let its own cities fall into such despair.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Doctor Louis D’Ville is upset that people keep claiming his time is up. He doesn’t state it directly, but he does infer that I’ve said that too. What I said was that his time in the XWF sun slowly dwindles down towards its inevitable conclusion. Since apparently Doc can not or will not read between the lines, allow me to explain what it is I meant by that statement. The facts are the facts, Doc. I can and will give the devil his due and say that Doctor D’Ville is a worthy adversary. One of the greatest of all time even. The fact remains, that his end is a lot closer than his beginning. Everyone has an expiration date, Doc. Even you. Have you reached it? No.

You know, not that long ago, people tried to tell my father that his time was up too. All he did, was come back and run roughshod over the roster and win more titles before disappearing again. That’s just his way. He plays the game until he’s bored, then rides off into the moonlight to fight another day.

Doc has no problem with the new youth movement, but he has a problem with the new youth movement.

Let that sink in. Don’t let his words fool you, people.

Doctor D’Ville is part of the status quo. He’s an established veteran with a track record that one can not deny and it certainly speaks for itself. Doc’s problem is with people like me coming into the Xtreme Wrestling Federation and shoving the establishment aside. Doc is like Hulk Hogan trying to protect his spot. Let’s build the young talent so I can squash them and remind them who the real King is around here.

He lives on the words of the young as if words, rather than action, are what gets the needle moving around here. Perhaps it does to some extent but its action, results within the sanctioned halls of the XWF arenas, that really moves the needle. Doc isn’t stupid. He knows that, too.

He mentions my repeated slammings of Vince Lane for not including me in the Television title match at Wild Card, yet refuses to realize or perhaps he flat out missed the part where I said that facing Doctor D’Ville was a damn gift. Probably not in those exact words, but you get the idea. I never actually cared about competing for that title. All I was doing was pointing out facts. I’ve beaten two of the four that are in that match and it wasn’t particularly difficult to do it.

Facts are facts. Excuse me for pointing them out.

My father told me that people would paint my pending relationship with Dolly Waters in a sexual light. The good Doctor proves him right. It’s as if this entire roster is so deeply unsatisfied with their own sexual prowess, that they need to make any XWF relationship between a male and female a sexual one. Allow me to inform you, Doc, and everyone else for that matter, that I do not care what anyone thinks of that pending relationship. If it comes to pass, the world will see exactly what it is and there’s no two ways about that.

I’m not one to flaunt and parade my sexuality upon the world. Leave that to the degenerates with nothing better to do.

I really don’t know what is worse. Pointing out facts that are perceived as whining, or actually repeatedly whining over my perceived whining. Don’t get me wrong, I can see the misconception. I really can. A lot of what I’ve said regarding that title situation was due to boredom. I mean, can you blame me? Look at my useless opponents that I’ve had that have literally bored everyone to death with their mere presence in the XWF. Ghost Taint. Jake Davis. Luca “I Was Never That Good, Really” Arzegotti. Mike Graves number one. Thomas Nixon.

Could you really blame me for having to shoot off at the mouth about other things rather than those ass hats? I mean seriously, those terribly monotonous opponents gave me no excitement whatsoever.

You’re different Doc. You’re certainly not boring.

The time is drawing close. Soon, the time for talk will end and the time for action will begin. Doc claims he’s going to tear me up. Eat me. Puke me up. Eat me again or something. Then shit me on what he puked up. Such pointed words from such an awesome talent. I’m joking on the former, not so much on the latter. Really Doc, who says that? You’re not going to do any of that. You could defeat me, sure. I mean, nothing is a guarantee when it comes to winning and losing. Such terribly stated nothingness can only be a mask for your own doubt that you’ll get the job done.

You know what I can guarantee? That this match will be the highlight of the night. That this match will go back and forth. That this match will undoubtedly be the best of both nights. That this match will begin to solidify my star power regardless of the outcome.

Do not misunderstand me, Doc. I can not guarantee that I’ll win. But make no mistake, I have the confidence in my own abilities, to defeat you. You’re a great competitor and I respect your ability and the fact that you say the same for me. All of that respect leaves the moment the bell rings and I have no doubts that you agree.

I have every intention of defeating you. I’m not backing down from you or anyone else. You can say whatever the hell you want about my youth and my supposed self-entitlement- I mean, it’s like hearing that mindless drone Thomas Nixon talk about me all over again. None of it makes any difference to me because it has all been said before and it’ll certainly be said a hundred times more in the future.

Our histories here are obviously different. You’re a veteran and I’m just beginning. That makes you the bigger dog in this fight. The bigger they are, Doc, the harder they fall.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-10-2016), Dolly Waters (12-08-2016)