Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:18 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Wild Card Weekend Night 2 RP Board
One Swing, Nine Blades
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-30-2016, 11:03 PM

Friday, November 25, 2016 | 5:56 PM Local Time | St. Peter’s Basilica | Vatican City

It has been eleven months since the Illuminatus took Vatican City. It has also been eleven months since the great patriarch Asmodeus succumbed to his final sleep. During the funeral, the Pope had requested an audience with the Prince in order to facilitate peace. The new King was furious and as a result stymied any effort made by the Prince to accommodate that request. Now though, something has changed. Three of the Illuminatus Guard, including the praesul, or leader, Gabriel, are missing. King Sebastian knows in his heart that the Church is behind their disappearances.

Thaddeus disputes that thought. He takes every moment he can to laugh at his father when the subject is brought forth. Sebastian, tired of being mocked, finally agreed to hold court with the Pope and the hierarchy of the Catholic Church. His intent is to lay it all on the line and out in the open.

The large double doors are opened as the Catholic entourage is let in. They hesitate at the entrance as they stare up the walk way toward the altar where the once thorn in their side, Sebastian Duke, sits atop St. Peter’s Throne. The Prince stands by his side.

”They’re waiting for your approval to approach,” the Prince whispers to his father.

The King stands from the throne and slowly steps down the altar. The Prince follows him. The Catholic entourage begins coming forth. The Illuminatus duo walks toward them, eventually meeting in the middle where the Pope extends his hand, almost struck by both fear and awe at the immense size of Sebastian Duke. Standing six feet nine and nearly 300 pounds, he’s a mountain of a man.

”Forgive me, your Highness,” the Pope says as he shakes hands with the large Illuminatus King. ”We have never been formally introduced and I am just… awed by your size.”

The King ignores the Pope’s words. Instead, he wants to get down to business, ”You want peace with us, yet I have evidence to the contrary.”

”You don’t have a shred..” the Prince begins before being interrupted by his father.

”Quiet!” the King orders, turning his head slightly to the left to eyeball his son.

”I assure you, your Highness, we come here only for peace,” the Pope states with a look of dread on his face.

”Maybe we should feast first. Then perhaps we can discuss the motives for you being here.”

”As you wish, sir.”

The Catholic procession begins to file out of the Basilica toward the Apostolic Palace. Prince Thaddeus begins to follow behind when the King grabs the young man by the back of his neck and squeezes rather hard causing the young man to wince in pain. ”Boy, you can disagree with me all you like. You can argue until you’re red in the face in private. Don’t ever disagree with me or argue with me in public, or in front of an audience ever again.”

The King releases the boys neck and walks passed him. Thaddeus stand there a second rubbing the back of his neck before proceeding toward the Palace.

Dinner was largely uneventful. The King allowed his guests time to pray at the dining table before eating while sitting in respectful silence. Thaddeus just continued to nurse the pain in the back of his neck. During the feast, the Catholic entourage mingled quietly among themselves while the Illuminatus contingent sat quietly talking about Thaddeus’ adventures in the Xtreme Wrestling Federation.

”I see you have your eyes on Dolly Waters,” the King states.

”So? What of it?”

”You realize she’s too young for you right?”

”So what if she is young? Because she’s 13 means she can’t be a friend and an ally?”

”That’s not what I mean.”

”I know that’s not what you meant. My pursuit of Miss Waters is not of a sexual nature. Of course you and the rest of the XWF collection of misfit idiots are too immature to see that there can be friendship between a male and a female, no matter their age, that does not include a sexual relationship.

“I don’t look at Dolly like a damn conquest. I look at her like someone similar to myself. Young, good looking, successful, determined.”

”That’s all it is?”

”I hate to break it to you pops, but that’s all it is.

“Besides. She’s not even accepted my offer of friendship yet.”

”Will she?”

”I can’t answer that because I don’t have the slightest clue.”

”Your opponents will try to turn it into a sexual thing.”

”So what? The truth is on my side. The XWF roster has a habit of multiplying two by four and getting eleven so it makes no difference to me what they think or what they might say.”

At dinners conclusion, the help removes the remnants only leaving drinking glasses and pitchers of water and red wine behind. Matthew, the Illiminatus Intelligence Chief, enters the meeting.

”Since it is you, and not I that wanted this meeting,” the King begins, addressing the Pope directly. ”It is only fair that you begin the proceedings here.”

The Pope slides out his chair and stands up. ”Your Highness, we have a rather dangerous problem on our hands,” the Holy Father begins. ”Whether you are aware or not, sir, we know that three of your men have disappeared.”

”Yeah I suspect you know all about it,” the King says, leaning back in his chair and looking at the Pope suspiciously.

”Well, what you don’t know, is that six of ours are missing, too.”

The King ponders what he’s just heard from the Pope. It is only now he suspects his son may have been right all along in the thinking that the Church was not responsible for three Illuminatus Guardsmen turning up missing.

”I’m listening, Father.”

The Pope removes a compact disc from his robes and hold it up. ”If I may show you this,” the Pope says, looking for approval. To which, the King nods and the Pope places the disc in a DVD player built into a large flat screen television on the wall.

”I must warn you both, what you are about to see is very gruesome and disturbingly graphic.”

The video begins to play. A hand held camera is shaky at first but soon steadies and focuses in on nearby surroundings. The terrain is sandy and it’s noticeably windy, evidenced by the various figures on the screen having their clothing flapping about. Kneeling in the sand are nine hooded figures. Their hands are all secured behind their backs.

Behind each of the nine captive men, stand nine figures dressed in all black, loose clothing. Each brandishes a sword. In front of the kneeling men is the obvious leader of the captives. The camera records no sounds, but captures the video vividly. One by one, the nine captors remove the hoods of the captives as instructed (apparently) by the presumed leader pointing his sword.

The three men on the end are the missing Illuminatus Guardsmen. The last of which is the praesul, Gabriel. The leader of the captors raises his sword high in the air and begins shouting. What he’s yelling can only be guessed. Soon, in unison, the nine sword wielding captors swing their blades, taking the heads off of their captives. A light gasp escapes a few mouths before the video cuts out and the room fills with dead silence.

Seconds go by that seem like an eternity before the King breaks the deafening silence, ”gentlemen, it is clear that I thought you were responsible for the disappearance of my men. Now, it is clear that I was wrong.

“I’d like to hear some opinions on this before we call a close on this meeting,”
he concludes while looking around the table.

”Sir if I may,” requests a Cardinal.

”Shoot.”

”I’d like to make certain, at this point, that this video was sent to us by a splinter of the Islamic State.”

”This video is an attempt by them to declare war. Your Highness, we can not afford another war. At least not on our own,” the Pope states.

”And you’re asking for our help.”

”I’m in agreement here. It’s an act of aggression. It’s an act of war intended to lure is into open conflict,” Matthew states.

”Your team didn’t see this coming?”

”The thing about extremism or terrorism is you hear all sorts of things. Most of it is bunk. But we’ve heard no chatter in regards to the Islamic State targeting us or for that matter, the Church. This is way out of left field.”

”Thaddeus, how soon can your men be ready?”

”Yesterday,” responds the Prince. He looks around the room and notes the looks of disbelief. ”I’m serious. My men are programmed. They’re literally ready for battle as soon as I say go.”

The King turns toward his guests. ”Let’s go ahead and call this meeting now. Give my men time to gather intelligence and I’ll be in touch as soon as possible. It’s quite clear that we can not allow this sort of thing to go unpunished. Action will need to be taken but let’s take a step back here and evaluate our options before we proceed.”

The two sides stand up and begin to shake hands as they conclude their meeting. Quietly, the young Prince slips out and heads into the Sistine Chapel. He quickly passes by darkened pillars with his fathers XWF memorabilia attached. He makes a left toward a back wall. Behind a tall glass enclosure is the cape of the King of Darkness. Sitting on velvet topped stands on either side of the cape, sits the King’s hidden blades.

The young Prince opens the case and looks up at the towering cape. As much animosity as he holds for his father, he realizes that his father was quite an impactful presence. In the ring and in life. He reaches into the case and slides a hidden blade on his arm. He triggers it out, then triggers the retraction. Thaddeus grabs the other and places it on his arm as well, again, testing the mechanisms.

”What do you plan to do with those?”

Thaddeus turns his head back to his left and sees his father leaning against a pillar with his arms folded over his chest. He then returns his attention to the blades. ”It’s kind of obvious… what I plan to do.”

”Jake manufactured those for me. Just before the escalation. My targets were child abusing Catholic priests.

“Before you head anywhere with those, I’d suggest getting them sharpened. They’ve been used.”

The King starts to walk away.

”A lot.”

I don’t really keep it a secret in regards to what displeases me when it comes to my standing in the Xtreme Wrestling Federation. It has made me very few friends and probably a lot of enemies. It absolutely defies logic that I am not competing for the television title at Wild Card. Vince Lane found it wise to throw Jakob Davis, who as far as I know, has not had even one win in the XWF, into that match. Lane found it wise to toss Thomas Nixon into that match too.

Unlike Jake Davis, at least Nixon has a couple of wins under his belt.

In contrast to those two men, I have beaten both of them and neither of them has defeated me. That makes me a threat to the status quo. That makes me a threat to the establishment. That should make me a top contender to the title they seek.

Enter Paul Heyman and the first edition of the Heyman Rankings. I held out cautious optimism that Heyman would be different. That Heyman would look at the facts and see clearly I was a contender. But no. That fat ass failed to even recognize me in any rankings. I’d say it was a let down, but I sort of expected it. I mean, he lobbied for the post of Commissioner by promising real change to the title picture. Instead, what we got is Vincent Lane’s old friend just doing Vincent Lane’s bidding.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Lane grew tired of my constant perceived whining, when all I was doing was pointing out the hypocrisy. All I was doing was calling it like I see it. All I was doing was calling a spade a spade. All I was doing was pointing out Lane’s big league failure as owner and decider of all things that matter.

Regardless, he grew tired and promised me a surprise. That surprise is Doctor Louis D’Ville.

I’m not one to sing praises.

I’m not one to underestimate or show false bravado.

It’s just another match. At least this time, Lane was smart enough to find someone that is actually capable of defeating me. Do not misunderstand me. I am fully capable of defeating the good Doctor. I’m fully focused on accomplishing that feat. I’m intended on going to Wild Card and having my hand raised in victory.

The Vincent Lane’s and the elitists of the world likely think that it’s a foregone conclusion that I’ll lose. I mean, on paper I’m a 17 year old kid who is greener than goose shit. What threat could I possibly pose to one half of the Tag Team Champions? What threat could I pose to a former Universal champion? What possible way could I defeat the once King of the entire XWF?

It’s a foregone conclusion, right? If you listen to social media posts, dirt sheets and the like, Thaddeus Duke, the spoiled little rich shit head kid of the King of Darkness couldn’t possibly have what it takes to defeat Louis D’Ville. If it’s such a foregone conclusion, why try? Why show up and fight?

Here’s the thing. In order to win the game, you have to play the game. I’m here to fight and make my mark. I’m here to kick ass, win matches, take titles, embarrass opponents. Anyone who says they know the outcome of this match already is mistaken. I do have what it takes and I’m intent on proving that fact at Wild Card.

Whether I win or I lose, the world will know that I am a true competitor. Vincent Lane and his pal Paul Heyman will have to respect the fact that I am a contender for championship gold. Lane probably expects me to roll over and play dead because I’m going in the ring with arguably one of the best ever in this business. What happens, Lane, if I defeat the Doctor? What happens if my hand is raised in victory? What happens, Vincent Lane, when I prove you’re an idiot all over again?

Someone in my position should be on edge. Nervous. Perhaps even a little scared even, at the thought of facing D’Ville. I’m not on edge. I’m not nervous. I’m not the least bit scared. I’m excited. I’m looking forward to it. It’ll be nice to have some real competition for a change.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-03-2016), Dolly Waters (12-01-2016)