Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 10:08 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#BoycottXWF trending after Warfare
Felix Braddock Offline
The Übermensch

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

05-28-2016, 01:28 PM

#BoycottXWF trending after Warfare

By: Steve Sayors

To say the now-former XWF Tag Team Champions, The Union, have been controversial since their inception would be an understatement. The stable, currently consisting of Hart Champion Chris Macbeth, two-time Tag and Heavymetalweight Champion Scully, former IBF Heavyweight Champion Felix Braddock, as well commentary legends Ted & Dave have made it their mission to promote the values of "English Pride" and "English Dominance," much to the chagrin of the XWF's American audience.

However, the controversy surrounding the group hit its peak in the hours following the May 25th edition of Wednesday Night Warfare, which saw Macbeth and Braddock lose the Tag Titles to Peter Gilmour and Makaveli of The Resistance.

[Image: miucKfk.png]

[Image: 9brDC6S.png]

[Image: WgKlGh8.png]

The #BoycottXWF movement is largely focused on a particular moment towards the end of the match, where a fan leaped over the barricade and assaulted Peter Gilmour, which did not result in a Disqualification for The Union.

When spoken to about the outcome the controversy surrounding it, Felix Braddock had the following to say:

"I'm not surprised by the Boycott XWF movement in the slightest. That's the great thing about social media: injustices can't be swept under the rug as easily. Much like the Black Lives Matter movement, this one was born from a single, unforgettable moment but is as much a reaction to that as it is a building distaste for the status quo, because the 'Chairshot Heard 'Round the World' is indicative of a larger issue facing not only the XWF, but professional wrestling as a whole: Americentrism.

"Of course the powers that be are going to take any opportunity they can to play dirty with us, to unjustly strip us of the title we've rightfully earned. We aren't from the places they want their stars to be. That's why only in America can a team of sell outs fighting for the established order of things be dubbed 'The Resistance' as if they know a single fucking thing about resistance.

"On one hand, I almost knew there was going to be something fishy about our match when it was revealed to Chris and I that Unknown Soldier, a wrestler with an established connection to Peter Gilmour, would be the referee. A strung out psychotic with of love of the 'x-treme' and likely no training whatsoever in the art of officiating a match would be in charge of keeping order in a match for one of the federation's championships? It doesn't take a genius to see the writing on the wall. I had hoped I was being paranoid, though. That I was seeing conspiracies everywhere with nothing to back it up, so I let myself to breathe a little easier.

"Then the guy jumped the barricade and attacked Gilmour. Soldier didn't call for the bell of course. I can't speak with one hundred percent authority for Chris, but I think we were both a little shellshocked when the match didn't end right there. You can see it on the tapes, after the interference we were both a little slow to react, whoever the man was had to even tell us what to do and in the heat of the moment I guess we followed him. Even after the match, Mak and Gilmour were down much longer than we were. We were in a daze or something.

"Make no mistake about it: we weren't walking out of the Stan Sheriff Center with the belts. They were going to screw us no matter what.

"But the puppets of the establishment are 'The Resistance'. Give me a break. This Boycott XWF movement? That's going to give them a taste of what a real resistance looks like."

23-year-old Charles Elton, the fan who attacked Gilmour, reached out to us to give his statement:

"Similar to Braddock's comments on the matter, that moment was also a blur for me. I had gotten myself front-row seats, as I had usually done to follow the Union. Then I saw that fu- [REDACTED] Gilmour chatting up Braddock's wife. Now, I may not be a wrestler, but at times, my mind goes blank, and my mouth starts moving. The asshole pushed me aside, so I grabbed my chair that I was sitting on, and I hit the wanker right in the face.

"Now, like I said, I may not be the most physical person around, but I always had a love for strategy. Now, looking back, it might not have been the best in practice, as Mak hadn't been worn down enough, but I was surprised to find that Mak kicked out. After that, the cameras didn't see security chasing me out of the arena, otherwise I would have taken care of Gilmour again.

"Like what's been said all over social media- that finish was downright atrocious. And I'm going to ensure the Union gets their tag belts back."

Chris Macbeth could not be reached for comment.

More on this story as it develops.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Felix Braddock's post:
Chris MacBeth (05-29-2016), Unknown Soldier (05-28-2016)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Felix Braddock's post!
Peter Fn Gilmour (05-29-2016)