Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 04:55 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 1
Ready for a Return? (Part 1/2)
Maverick Offline
With Fire in My Soul, I Return.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-29-2015, 07:28 PM

Y'know, I have to say... when I first made the decision to take a leave from the XWF, my mind was a little... shall we say iffy on the situation? But now, I can say for sure it was worth it.

The camera fades in as we see Maverick lounging on a beach chair, soaking up the suns' rays. The nearby pool to his mansion was devoid of any people, only filled by water.

Alas, the only person at the pool area of the mansion was Maverick himself.

Yes, I'd say this vacation is doing you wonders. You're a lot more relaxed now rather then how you were when you were back in active competition.

Ah yes, one might wonder who the source of the new voice was. When Maverick was reliving his past, an entity inside his mind was created, that being the mental projection of his father, who was ran over by a drunk driver and killed when Mav was just a wee lad.

One might say that as a result of the voice, Maverick would be deemed insane. And what would Mav say about that? His normal response would be-

"Eh, I could care less if I am indeed insane or not. I mean, it's not like I'm gonna lunge at your throat any second now, eh?"

Silence ran out through the pool area, as Maverick did not continue the conversation with his mind- father, instead wandering his own thoughts.

The XWF. That was a name he hadn't thought about in quite some time. The duration of his leave was nearing, what, two months? A return was still not on his mind, but it did still spark memories. One of which being his final match, the second stage of the Kirk MacClay Classic, or as it was called the day of the show, the Sean Falcon Classic.

Quote:Morbid slams Pest to the mat with the crucifix powerbomb then hooks the leg!

3!

JUSTIN ROBERTS: “The winners of this match... Jack, Mastermind, and MORRRBIDDD ANNNNGELLLLLL!”

He remembered, being helpless, lying on the outside, as the leader of his stable at the time, the Black Hand, was pinned. If one was to look at Pest's sole promo for the show, he specifically said that he would screw Maverick out of a victory. And despite his efforts, screwed Maverick was.

Maverick had no thoughts to think of the man, Pest, excluding the loss at the Sean Falcon Classic. True, while it would be nice to just punch the shit out of him, at the moment, Maverick had no wrestling agenda. He was enjoying his life of relaxation and enjoyment.

So why, now that his memories were beginning to spark, was he starting to get the itch again? The itch to go out there, compete for the thousands upon thousands of buying supporters, and perhaps, try once more in climbing the ranks? Maybe try and snag one more title?

Ah, the conundrums that complex the mind...

"Master Solomon."

Being called 'Master,' along with his real last name, only meant that one of his servants was calling him. Maverick turned his head to see the servant in question, an aging, balding man, no doubt in his late 50's at the least.

"Yes, Gerald?" Rising to his feet, Maverick's eyes met Gerald's, waiting on just what interrupted his lounging time.

"A representative for the company you used to work for, the XWF, I believe it is called? He says his name is Ozymandias, and that he would like to speak with you."

Maverick's eyes nearly bulged out of his sockets, taken aback by both the convenience and the suddenness of Ozymandias' arrival.

"Yes... yes," he stammered. "Make him feel at home, give him any refreshments he might desire, et cetera. I will change into something more... formal. Keep him in the lounge area, I shall meet him there."

"At once, Master Solomon." Gerald bowed low, not unlike how TJ Wallace bows when he sucks Ezekiel Carter William the Fifth's dick, only... less gayer. Loyalty being the emotion worn on Gerald's sleeve, as he walked backwards, keeping his eyes on Maverick, until he reached inside, turning around to find Ozymandias.

A deep exhale was released, the minor clenching and releasing of fists as Maverick stepped inside. Immediately, he walked with a pep in his step as he marched to his room, dressing into an official- looking suit and tie.

As Maverick was straightening out his suit before beginning to tie his tie, he and his mind- father began to converse.

So, I take it you are nervous?

Well, of COURSE I'm nervous. Ozy's legacy can speak volumes on it's own. Why he would want to talk with me personally, instead of bringing someone to deal with me...

As Maverick began tying his tie, his father responded, with just a simple line of advice-

Well, expect the worst, but hope for the best, am I right?

[Image: tumblr_n63njjYUgA1sut4kno3_500.jpg]

The two looked each other in the eyes. Ozymandias, and Maverick. Mav was literally feeling the epitome of nervousness, though he was determined not to show it.

The piping hot breath of the tea that Maverick clutched was slowly pouring out of the brown drink. A quite slurp from the mouth was released as Maverick began drinking it. Though delicious, it scalded his mouth.

Whereas Ozymandias held no drinks. His eyes were hard to read, no emotion could be clearly seen. Was Ozy... excited? Disappointed? Maverick could not make heads or tails.

Finally, after what seemed like a few minutes of Maverick trying to read Ozy's emotions, the self- proclaimed 'King of Kings' spoke.

"So, I'm sure you must be wondering what I'm doing in your house, uninvited, when I'm sure we haven't met before."

Thrown off suddenly by Ozy's attempt at making conversation, Mav slowly put down his cup of tea before addressing his visitor.

"Yes, I'm sure you could say I am surprised at your arrival, Mr. Ozymandias. But, while we haven't met, I'm sure we can both agree that we've heard of each other."

Ozy nodded before responding. "Precisely. Now, as to why I am here... it seems your presence is required in the XWF again."

Eyes bulging. Palms sweating. Those reactions and more were taking place throughout the body. The XWF wanting Maverick to come back, right as he was getting the itch to come back was just so... convenient, to say the least. And sure, while Mav would like to come back, it would take quite the deal to get him to come back from his sabbatical.

"Now, Mr. Ozymandias," Maverick began. "If I were in a much more, shall we say cruel mood? If I was in that kind of mood, I'd say no without a second thought. But, I am not a man who is unable to make a deal. Tell me, Mr. Ozymandias-- why is it that I'm being called back so... suddenly?"

A sly grin appeared on Ozy's face- this was his chance to win over Mav. "Well, you see, it seems that we're one signup short. You'll be placed in Relentless, which is, quite literally, the biggest event in the XWF as of right now. You'd be placed in the co- main event for the first day, competing for the Hart title in a Championship Scramble. Yuo'll be facing some stiff competition, though of course, I doubt you're a stranger to that."

An eyebrow was raised as another quiet slurp was utterd, the samll tea glass being half- drained. "Stiff competition, you say? Come now, Mr. Ozymandias, don't give half the details. Who am I facing?"

A sigh of defeat was let out by Ozy before he released Mav's opponents. "Very well, Maverick. You'll be facing Gator's cameraman, Todd-"

"Oh, you mean the guy who I beat in my first match? Pffft, please, Ozy. I thought you actually meant stiff competition, not absolute boring opponents. Who else am I facing?"

"There's also John Black-"

"Ozy, please. Stop lying. It's hurting your chances of resigning me. Who else is there?"

An irritable expression was painted on Ozymandias' face as he continued. "You want a challenge? Fine. TJ Wallace is in the match."

"Alright, fine, I suppose that's a fair challenge."

"Peter Gilmour is also in the match, along with one of the hottest young rising stars in the XWF, Ginger Snaps."

"For the former, I assume you mean that obese, absolutely blob that believes he's muscular? Pffft, please. Yeah, I know he's got a list of accolades beat only by his ego, but what has he recently done? And as for the latter, never heard of her."

"Well, you should have heard of Ginger by now. She beat Vinnie Lane in her first match at the XWF. She took the Hart title from him."

"Interesting. So I assume she's defending the title here?"

"Not exactly. She was beat by Drew Archyle-"

"Never heard of him either."

Ozy's level of agitated grew to the level in which he told Mav, "Would you please, kindly shut up and let me finish? Thank you. Now then, she was beat by Drew Archyle, but he was stripped of the title. But that isn't the point here. Would you like to come back to the XWF, and compete for the Hart title?"

Silence was the only thing that crept through the lounge area. Mav had to delve into his mind, thinking. His mind- father said nothing, as he knew that this was a decision that not only Maverick's mind had to decide, but his heart too.

And while his mind said no, his heart and soul were crying yes, they were ready to bleed for the XWF. And that is where Maverick made his decision.

"Very well, Mr. Ozymandias. You have yourself a deal." Maverick gave a curt nod to Ozy, who only responded with a smirk before speaking.

"Excellent. I shall make the necessary adjustments to the card. Good luck, Maverick." And with that, Ozy packed up his stuff before heading out of the lounge area, and with that, out of the mansion.

Now, I have to ask- are you SURE you're ready for this? rang out the voice in Mav's head as he leaned back in his seat.

If I wasn't ready for it, why wouldn't have I accepted? I may be in for a fight at Relentless, but I'll be damned if I won't return that fight twofold!

Ah, now that's the boy I know and raised. Might as well wait for the card to be adjusted, then post your promo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that, like, two weeks ago?

Correct. And you still have yet to put up a promo.

Alright, I get it. I'll respond to my opponents. No need to blow a blood vessel.

Especially since I technically don't have an actual body.

Fine, point taken. I'll get started. Later.

1x Hart Champion
1x Tag Team Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post