Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:09 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Bad Medicine" RP Board (May 23, 2015)
Game Girl Goes To Hollywood
Game Girl Offline
(ง︡'-'︠)ง

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

05-17-2015, 09:37 AM

WORLD 7 - LEVEL 1

The scene opens to a dark alley in the middle of the night, litter is blowing across the cracked cement as a steel mesh gate creaks and slams due to the heavy wind. A bright flash of light fills the area and appearing from the middle is our hero, Game Girl. She's crouched down and slowly stands to her feet, her blue hair blowing in the wind as she closes her jacket to keep herself from being chilly.

[Image: ockNnw7.png?1]
"That was more dramatic then usual. Hm."

Game Girl looks around with wide eyes and walks through the gate, she turns right down the alley and enters a fairly busy street. Humans are dressed up in fancy clothing, lining up in front of a large, glamorous movie theater. Paige stops and looks at all the people with a raised eyebrow, she turns to a man shouting and handing out pieces of paper. A sign around his neck that says 'Map to the Stars'. Paige looks around some more and walks over to the man.

"Hello!"

The long haired, young man looks past his sunglasses at Game Girl. He seems somewhat taken back.

"Woah! Great costume dude! I like the whole retro thing, totally cool."

"Thanks. This is the fashion now where I'm from. It's not retro."

"Yeah! Cool! You want a map?"

"Yes! Please."

The man hands Game Girl a map but pulls it away.

"Twenty bucks."

Paige stares at the man confused.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Hahaha! Dude you're so funny! You should be a comedian. Are you a comedian? Because that would be so cool."

"No I'm actually trying to be a hero."

The man puts his arms to his side and nods impressed.

"That, is so noble."

Paige smiles politely and extends her open hand.

"Still no map, I need the money."

"Oh. Money, okay. Sorry I thought you were just a quest giver."

"Haha, you're funny dude."

Our hero holds a finger up to the map man and searches her satchel, after riffling around for almost a minute, a smile appears on her face and she holds a large red rupee to the man. He steps back and motions that his mind is blown before taking the rupee of Game Girl's hands.

"Will that be enough?"

"Yeah! Thank you, here dude."

The man hands Game Girl a map to the stars.

[Image: latest?cb=20101124124528]

Game Girl acquired a MAP!
[Image: zunKvaT.png?1]
Press SELECT to view the area!

Game Girl stares at the map for a few seconds and scratches her head, she looks up at the map man with wide eyes who is still amazed with the large rupee.

"I'm sorry, I think there's a mistake. Where is Funsoft?"

"Funsoft? Dude sorry to tell you they closed down like forever ago. Shame too, I played a few of their games when I was a kid."

"Crud. Any chance you know anyone from there?"

"Ha. I don't know what to tell you. Sorry."

"It's okay. Thanks anyway, and for the map."

Both give a small wave goodbye and Paige begins to walk down the street still staring at the map in her hands, confused by the unknown names that appear on it. She huffs and scrunches up the map, placing it in her satchel. The map man from before shouts and jogs after her, Paige turns to him.

"Hey! .. Girl!?"

He finally closes the gap and it is a little out of breath in front of Game Girl.

"Sup?"

"I may have an idea of where you can find someone from Funsoft."

"Awesome! You're the best! Where?"

"It's easy, you got a smartphone?"

"What's that?"

"... Okay not as easy, here."

The man digs in his pocket and retrieves a white brick of some kind. Oh, it's a smartphone. Weird. He taps on the screen for a few seconds while Game Girl stares at him in awkward silence. After several seconds the man smiles widely and shows the phone to Game Girl who delicately grabs it.

"Gabe Bachgen. Founder of Funsoft, currently living in Hollywood, California and managing this forum."

"Games Suck?"

"Games Suck! It's like a satirical take on video game reviews, dude's pretty funny."

"Sooo is he in this smartphone or what?"

"Ha eh errm. are you joking or...? Never mind. He loves meeting fans, it's kinda crazy how welcoming he is. Dude even has his address on the forum."

Game Girl's eyes light up as she looks up from the phone. She starts to laugh as she hands the phone back to her new friend.

"Thank you so so so much. How can I repay you?"

"I could buy a house with this diamond thing. You don't owe me anything, plus you seem like a good kid."

"Heh, well thank you?"

"Gary, Gary Chin."

Gary extends his hand and the two shake.

"Paige. Nice to meet you Gary."

"You too Paige, good luck with Gabe."

Game Girl stares at the phone intently and hands it back before muttering the Konami code under her breath, as quick as she appeared Paige disperses into millions of tiny pixels and floats away into the wind, Gary panics and falls to the ground as the last of the pixels vanish.

"Holy shit. I am too high for this."

As Gary tries not to lose his mind, we go to a small residential area. Small identical houses line the cracked road, the pixels fly to the front of a house and start to build up, recreating Paige. She looks around and shudders before going to the door, she let's out a heavy sigh and hesitates. Paige knocks curls her hand into a fist and quickly knocks on the door 3 times. Game Girl looks away from the door as if she's done something horribly wrong and then knocks on the door one more time. The floorboards from inside the house can be heard creaking getting louder and louder, Paige's heart races and her hands tremble. The lock snaps open and the door slowly opens to reveal a large, bearded man in a brown polo shirt and shorts. He peeks through his glasses at a nervous Paige and smirks.

"Can I help you?"

". . . My name is Paige. And. . . And you created me."

Gabe's jaw drops and he swallows the lump in his throat.

"I-I think you're mistaken. If I had a child I would know, trust me."

"No! In 1994 you made a video game that never got released, I am from that video game. I know that must be a lot to take in but it's the truth I promise."

Gabe looks at Paige like a crazy person and let's out a short laugh.

"Okay, this is cute and all and I appreciate the attention to detail in this cosplay and the research you did on Nirva's Sword but-"

"Nirva's Sword? That's what the game's called?"

"..Yes. Yes! How did you not know that?"

"Because I'm from that game! I'm no fan trying to impress you, Gabe I'm telling the truth."

Gabe breathes heavily. . . Heavier. What? A narrator can't make a fat joke? Grow up. Gabe steps to the side, motioning Paige to step in. Game Girl smiles for a moment and awkwardly sidesteps between Gabe's frame and the wall. After several seconds Paige gets into the hall and Gabe closes the door, motioning Paige to enter the living room. Game Girl enters the rather depressing sitting area and takes a seat next to a large black cat, she begins to pet the feline as Gabe takes a seat opposite.

"So. You're from Nirva's Sword."

"Correct."

"Well, it explains your giant eyes and cheery demeanor."

Paige nods in agreement.

"How are you here though?"

"Eh, that's a little tough to explain. Game Boy was the first to enter other worlds, the way Gretchin explained it we all became sentient and moved on with our lives and got past the script. And now I'm here, talking to what most people hold as a god."

"... Incredible. But me, a god? That's... Something."

"Yeah, I find it a little hard to believe myself."

"So how is Narfinex? I haven't looked at it in years."

"Where to begin? The Corruption which I'm guessing you created waged war on us TWICE. Game Boy died. The Princess is going crazy. Cities are being destroyed, people are panicking and now I am trying to save it which I am woefully unprepared for."

"... Huh."

"Yeah, huh has been the typical response."

"Game Boy died?"

"He gave his life to kill a Titan. Again, something which you created. Thanks for that."

"... This is a insane. But, I have no idea what the corruption is."

"What?"

"Explain it to me. Maybe I can give some kind of an answer."

"It's just a mess of black, it fills the world and takes control of anything it wants and builds monsters from nothing to kill people and destroy the world."

"Hm.. It sounds like a corruption alright. If I were to make an educated guess, you and your people live in the cartridge itself and since the cartridge hasn't had any maintenance and production halted 20 frickin' years ago. The data is being corrupted. To put it in terms you may understand, your world is dying."

Paige's pupils begin to shake and she swallows a lump in her throat.

"Okay. . . We can stop it. We can. Game Boy did. We-we can stop it."

"Game Boy stopped it? Amazing. Knew we made him overpowered."

"Do you know a way how to bring him back?"

"Game Boy? Possibly. I mean I could mess around with the game data, spawn Game Boy again. Could get rid of that nasty corruption too."

"Awesome!! You need to do that! Like now."

"I would love to do that. But I don't have the game."

". . . You're sCENSOREDing me."

"Did you just censor yourself? Cool."

"Where's the game Gabe!?"

"My ex-partner has it. Ai Gōngzhǔ has it, she has a great job with Ubisoft. I'm so so happy for her."

"Great. Well, thanks anyway Gabe."

Paige gets to her feet, disheartened. Gabe stands too.

"Listen, I'll try and get the game from her."

"Really?"

"I can try. Funsoft worked really hard on that game, I'd hate to see it just all disappear."

Paige steps over some fast food containers and hugs Gabe, he pats her on the back and smiles.

"One more thing. Did you ever manage to find Nirva's Sword?"

Paige releases her hug and looks up at Gabe.

"No, not that I know anyway.

"Hm. If I remember it's on Death Mountain. Tough dungeon, leads to the end of the game. But it's there or it should be and it could help you keep off the corruption if I fail."

"Death Mountain? I've never heard of it. But we'll find it, thank you Gabe."

"You're welcome Paige. Gretchin should know about it, she has like a million hints programmed."

Game Girl smiles and the pair shakes hands.

"Okay, I have some work to do then."

"We both do haha."

":). Oh crud. I have a match too, I almost forgot."

"A match?"

"Yeah, I'm a wrestler in XWF. Game Boy's idea to help people on Urf, it sounds stupid but I think it's working."

"XWF? Never heard of it but good luck anyway."

Paige smiles and starts to mutter the cheat code under her breath once more as Gabe stares awkwardly at her. Paige bursts into pixels and floats through the ceiling. Gabe seems taken back.

"...... I deserve a noble prize or something for creating this."

WORLD 7 - LEVEL 1 COMPLETE!

[Image: mAmAfiJ.png]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Game Girl's post:
Ozymandias (05-17-2015)