Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-05-2024, 03:02 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Terms of Surrender - Part I: RP 1
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-30-2015, 05:38 PM

Monday, March 30, 2015 | 1:27 PM Local Time | The Chancellery | Berlin, Germany

The air campaign on the Polish military was an outright overwhelming success. It's hard to say that in this day and age of modern aviation, nut the fact remains that the military equipment gifted to Sebastian Duke by his brother Theo Pryce is far and away the most complex and highly advanced weaponry in the entire world. The American military hasn't yet even got their hands on this equipment. Like any military battle, it was not without its casualties, but, the entire Polish Air Force had been decimated, while the Illuminatus Regime in power in Germany lost but only two fighter planes, and just one pilot.

Of course, Thaddeus Duke, the heir apparent to the Illuminatus and the Defense Minister of Germany was captured when his plane was shot down in the light stages of the bombardment. You don't harm Poppa Bears cub. It makes the King quite angry. He's a bit over protective and he'll stop at absolutely nothing to ensure his sons safety. He and his right hand, Jacob, took a mighty big chance when they crossed enemy lines and located Thaddeus. The fight was quick as the Polish guard set up at the Intelligence installation were obviously not trained in military combat. The installation fell, and with it, Thaddeus Duke was once again safe.

Immediately afterward, Thaddeus ordered the all out invasion of Poland. The military front was expanded every day and now the Illuminatus Regime and its military forces are on the doorstep of Warsaw- the Polish capital city.

”...and how are they responding?” the Chancellor asks of his grandson, the Defense Minister.

Thaddeus shifts in his chair and leans to his right side. ”They've not yet responded,” replies the young Prince. ”My agents are telling me that the Polish forces have pulled back and have stopped firing.”

”I think it's safe to assume that's a good thing,” Asmodeus responds.

”It's never safe to assume,” the King chimes in. ”I'd order the Army to stay put for the moment. At least until we know exactly what's happening out there.”

”I'm not sure staying put is the right course of action,” Jacob interjects. ”If the Polish military is pulling back into the city, I'd march ours right in behind them. Keep the pressure on.”

”Matthew, what is the satellite imagery showing you?” asks the Chancellor of the Illuminatus most highly trusted intelligence operative.

”It tells me exactly what we're seeing,” answers Matthew. ”They're pulling back into the city, they've stopped firing. My operatives are hearing chatter about a surrender. My gut tells me that's the truth, but until we know for sure, I think we should do as Jake suggests. Send the military into Warsaw.

“Maybe give the Polish the benefit of the doubt and have our military cease firing unless fired upon.”

Asmodeus leans back in his chair. The stresses of leadership evident on his aging body. He's not used to any of this. For the better part of the last forty years, he's lead a small group of men. He's never ran an entire nation. He's never commanded military action, at least not on this scale. He's never been responsible for the welfare and well-being of millions of people. It all wears on him, but he's coping with it.

As he contemplates the net move, the phone on his desk begins to ring. He hesitates answering, but does so after a few rings.

”I'm in a meeting, Helga, what is it?” he barks.

”I apologize Chancellor,” Helga, the secretary of the Chancellery says quietly. ”But I have the President of Poland on the line.”

The hierarchy of the Illuminatus exchange looks.

”Chancellor?”

”Of course Helga, put him through.”

”Right away, sir.”

Asmodeus lays the phone back in its cradle, ”Perhaps we're about to get our answer.” The phone rings again and Asmodeus lifts the phone once more, ”Mr, President?”

”Chancellor,” says the President in a heavy Polish accent.

”To what do I owe this pleasure?”

”I've ordered my military forces to pull back and cease-fire. It's gone on long enough,” states the Polish President.

”I could not agree more, sir.”

”Now that we're admitting defeat, you can call off your dogs. Go home and leave us be,” he pleads.

Asmodeus covers the mouth piece of the phone and looks at those in his office. All of them shake their heads. ”Mr. President, I do appreciate your situation, but you need to understand something.”

”And that is?”

”You attempted to usurp the authority I seized in this nation. For that, Poland must pay the ultimate price. In order for us to cease our military operations upon your nation, I will require a conditional surrender,” he informs prior to being interrupted.

”A surrender is not possible, Chancellor. We can not publicly admit defeat. It'll harm the morale of my nations population.”

”Mr. President I can appreciate your situation, but I do not care of your political problems that may stem from a public surrender. Your nation is completely battered and bruised. Unless you want it utterly and totally destroyed, you'll have to surrender to me here in Berlin.

“In the final analysis, Mr. President, your people have already lost faith in you as their leader. Your political career is already over.”

”How much time will you give me?”

”None. Your time is up already.”

”Forgive me Chancellor, but I must take this information to my staff. I need time to consult them before coming to a decision.”

”Very well, Mr. President. I'll give you just thirty minutes. You have until two P.M. To call back. If I do not hear from you, at two oh one, my grandson will send in his military and we will seize your nation,” Asmodeus pauses, [white]”thirty minutes, Mr. President. Not a minute more,” Asmodeus concludes as he places the phone in its cradle.

”What do you think they'll do?” asks the Prince, eagerly anticipating the return phone call.

”I don't think they have much of a choice. If they want to save what's left of their nation, they'll meet our terms,” says the King as he leans against the outer wall, staring out at the streets below.

”I agree,” Jacob says, ”the cost would be much, much greater if they refuse.”

”What do we do until then?”

”Order the troops to roll in. Let them know its not an idle threat,” the King replies to his son.

Thaddeus takes out his cell phone...

22 Minutes Later

The leadership of the Illuminatus Regime sits around quietly, anticipating the call from the Polish President and his inevitable surrender. A full eight minutes before time expires, a call comes through from Helga. Asmodeus picks up the receiver, ”yes, Helga?”

”Mr. Chancellor, the Polish President,” she concludes before sending the call through.

”Chancellor?” says the President.

”Mr. President, have you decided?” he asks, getting right down to business.

”We have decided to honor your public surrender demand, but only on one condition,” answers the Polish head of state.

”As you can surely see outside your windows, Mr. President, my threats of total destruction were not idle. They were quite serious. I don't see you having any conceivable way to place conditions upon me,” concludes the agitated German Chancellor.

”It's nothing you can't give up. Instead of coming to Berlin, Chancellor Asmodeus, I will be flying to New York, I will present you with your surrender in front of the United Nations.”

The Illuminatus leadership exchange glances among one another, ”I'll appear in some form or another, Mr. President. I'll agree to your terms, but as you can see, my attention is needed here.”

”Very well, Chancellor. The meeting is at noon tomorrow. New York time, that is.”

”I'll be seeing you,” says the Chancellor before ending the call.

Asmodeus slams the phone in its cradle. He's obviously fuming.

”They're going to question you on our tactics. Jake, get him ready to answer whatever they might ask,” concludes the King as he walks out. Thaddeus walks behind him.

To be continued.

[Image: QEcXvQs.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post