Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 04:50 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Lethal Lottery 3
That's what happens.
Ricky Desmond Offline
Business as Usual

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

03-25-2015, 02:56 PM

[Image: huberthhumphrey152599.jpg]

I threw a mini basketball into the hoop that was attached to the door on my office. I had let myself go a bit.

My beard was untamed and I had come so close to drinking alcohol more than once. Yet I remained strong. I resisted. Despite all temptation to cover up my guilt by getting shit faced, I chose to keep myself to myself instead. The office administrator, Nigel King, had been pestering me about Jenna and Fred’s whereabouts and I knew he was beginning to get suspicious.

More than once he had come in banging on about how the staff deserved an explanation as to why two of their line managers were no longer here and perhaps he was right, but I did not give a fuck. I will explain it to them when I see fit. Right now though? I saw fit to throw a mini basketball around my needlessly big office.

Fuck it.

I’m getting drunk.

We’re getting drunk.

I headed down to my favourite floor, where my favourite staff were, and my favourite business. The dating agency.

“Right ladies and gentlemen.” Some of them did not turn right away. They were losing respect for me by the day, I could sense it.

“RIGHT! Tonight, I want no excuses. We’re getting shit faced. Nigel, Chrissy, drinks now, go! I handed them £750 in cash. Martin, go and get your speakers from your car, I know they’re in there… NOW! Everyone else, call your partners and loved ones cause you ain’t fucking going anywhere tonight!”

They did exactly as I said.

Nigel was the most reluctant, he squinted slightly as he looked at me. He was devious but he was not subtle. I knew exactly what he was up to. All I needed to do was to catch him, and then I could get rid of that cunt once and for all as well. Of course this time, I might have to take a more subtle approach than murder. I don’t think I could cover up another one of them unless I really had to. Not without Fred’s help at least.

I did not recognize most of the employees in the office. Micky had restructured it since he took over as one of my key advisors. I had given him more and more control, perhaps I could actually trust him. Apologies for my constant whining about trust, but as you can imagine, I am rather irritated by that word. Trust. It’s meaningless. Why do I continue to choose to put my faith in other people? At times there is no choice. At times, it is because I actually believed that other people were competent of decent judgement. I judged that Jenna would be smart enough to love me. I judged that Fred was wise enough not to betray me.

Perhaps it is not just trust that was the problem. Perhaps it was my judgement. My weakness had always been my judgement. Soldier will remember that. He destroyed that joke of a group that I judged to have potential. Let’s just hope that I judged Micky correctly.

I have no choice but to put some faith and some trust in Peter Gilmour. There is no hope of me defeating Dim and Soldier without him. However, I do know that if Peter and I do manage to do the unthinkable, then I have got this victory in the bag. Alone I am powerful, in a team I suffer. Relying on others isn’t a strength of mine when competing either.

I harassed Martin while we waited for the alcohol, everyone else freshened up. As soon as the alcohol got here I poured twenty five shots of vodka.

“Right, let’s get fucked up!” I shouted lifting one of the shots into the air. All of the others followed rapidly and we threw them back. Suddenly something clicked. Nigel was not here.

“Go on without me, I’ll be right back.”

Nigel was, expectedly glaring around my office. He flicked through my diary and even though I was not in the room yet, I knew. He sat in my desk looking up at the elevator nervously and then looking back down at the diary. He scanned through to the date that he suspected it had happened, the day before the last Warfare before Lethal Lottery. He guessed right.

“He’s gone. She’s gone. He’s done.” That’s all it said. That’s all I wrote because although I needed memory prompts, I did not want to write any hard evidence down. One judgement that was right. Nigel knew what I meant though, and that worried me. He ripped the page out and put it into his back pocket as the elevator doors opened and I strolled in casually with a smug grin on my face.

He looked up and panicked. He quickly stood up and fell to one knee as he tried to look casual.

I knew it.

“Ah Nigel, what can I help you with? I assume you’re here to see me? Or was it something else?”

I slowly walked around the desk, staring through him as I readjusted my tie.

“Oh… I just… wanted…”

“What? What do you want!?”

“I want… the truth.”

“Oh and what truth is that Nige? I feel like you have created up something, in that mind of yours. Is that what’s happened Nigel? Is that what’s happened?”

I whispered this into his ear as I pressed him on the shoulders sitting him back in my chair behind my desk.

“Because, I mean, if it’s something else then you really should let me know. You see, I would hate for an accident to occur, because, I am just so fed up of accidents. You get me?”

He turned and looked up at me to see me smiling aggressively in his face.

“Yes, I completely understand Mr. Desmond. You intend on manipulating me, intimidating me and controlling me so that I don’t look into whatever the fuck it is that you have done.”

“Oh I am so glad that I don’t have to spell it out for you, MATE,” I said aggressively clutching at his shoulders, “I was betrayed by the two people I trust most. That’s what happened. If you’re so worried, why don’t you call one of them?”

I threw him my mobile phone. Now this was a flip of a coin. If he called Jenna, who was dead, I was fucked. If he called Fred, I was safe.

He moved up and down on the phone between the two numbers. Eventually, he called Fred.

Thank fuck for that.

“Hello.”

Nigel grinded his teeth and then hung up immediately.

“Is that the answer to your questions Nigel? Are we done now?”

“Oh this is not over yet Ricky. This is not over yet.”

“That’s such a shame. Now give me the page in your back pocket before I fire you.”

“What? How did you…”

“Just give me the god damn sheet of paper.”

He held it up and I snatched it from him and then pulled him up from my chair.

I sat down in it and put my feet up on the desk. Grabbing the bottle from the middle desk I poured a glass of whisky and downed it.

“I’m s…sorry.”

Nigel said as he pressed the button on the elevator door.

“Yeah so am I Nige. You’re fired.”

I said this exactly as the elevators door closed. He grabbed the door at the last second and re-entered the room.

“What? You can’t fire me? I will take you down for wrongful termination?”

“Oh really? Invading a person’s privacy isn’t an offence?” I stood up and strolled towards him. I grabbed him by his tie and slung him into the elevator.

“Now get the fuck out of my building and never come back, or you will never… ever… take another breath on this planet.”

I stepped out of the lift and simply moved my fingers forwards and backwards with a grin on my face.

“Bye, bye.” I said sadistically sweetly.

I poured whisky after whisky. Drinking drink after drink. I had been dry for a few months because alcohol did awful things to me. I was no longer dry, let’s see if anything bad happens.

I got up rapidly and the alcohol hit me just as fast. I staggered into the lift and headed downstairs to where the party was. The lift span round in circles as I went down to the party. Luckily when I got there I was probably one of the most sober people in the room.

It was chaos. There was already suspicious noises coming from the cleaner’s closet and pretty much everyone else was dancing around the office with half of their clothes off. Things were back to normal I suppose, only without Fred here to enjoy all of this with me.

I suppose maybe I should forgive him. He did love her after all. Could I really despise my best friend simply for loving the same perfect woman as me? Maybe.

But I missed him far more than I missed her. There was no one I could confide in. No one I could rely on.

She was gone for good. Fred though was simply a phone call away.

I text him.

“Office. Now.”

Then I wooped like a teenage girl and joined the party. Dancing with my staff, grinding with the hot receptionist and even doing a shot off of Micky’s chest. Yeah that was a bit gay, I am sure Dim will try to find out if I am gay. While I may be misleadingly confident, I love vagina far too much to be gay. Besides it’s like that Australian comedian said, I could never be gay, because I could never fuck something that I respect.

The receptionist turned as she grinded on me and shoved her tongue down my throat, not that I resisted.

Then I looked up to see the elevator doors open. It was Fred.

“Wait here.” I told the girl, whose name I had forgotten.

I went and joined Fred in the elevator and we headed up to my office.

It could not hurt to hear him out.

Sitting in my chair, I adjusted my tie as he sat opposite me.

“Rick, I’m sorry.”

“I know Fred, I know.” I began to cry into my desk. Fred stood and patted me on the back.

“It’s okay Rick.”

“No it’s not okay Fred. Look what I have become. I have killed the woman I loved. That we loved. I have ruined my friendship with the only person that actually likes me for who I am. All of this? This is supposed to be what it’s all about. The money keeps flowing, no matter what. That’s what I said. Greed. Money has driven me. Money. Glory. Success. That’s what it’s all been about. All of that though. What’s the point in all of that if I have no woman who will ever love me? I have no friend that I can trust. Not a single other human being on this world will like me for who I am. They leech at me. They latch onto me, hoping I will hold them up. That’s that they do. That’s what they all do. I am simply a step on their ladder. Well no more. I will show that I am more than just a fucking stepping stone. It’s my turn to step all over those that have helped me. Maybe I will suffer the consequences for my actions. That’s what happens after all isn’t it? Consequences. You do bad things, then you do more bad things, it develops, it grows, just like Walter White in Breaking Bad. All of this will come around to bite me in the ass because that’s happened. Perhaps I made the wrong choices. The wrong judgements. Those decisions though, it’s too late to change them. I have to accept that I will suffer what I have done. I alone will suffer. That’s what happens.”

“This is not Breaking Bad. This is real life.”

“This may be real life Fred, but in the end the consequences always come around. Reality or fiction. Consequences, consequences happen. That’s what happens. I will forgive you because you are all that I really have. Sure I have success. Sure I have a business. But you, you are all that I have. Maybe it’s time I start making the right decisions while that I still can because eventually I am going to crumble. I am going to fade. I am going to be taken down. That’s what happens to those that make the wrong decisions. That’s what happens to those that only look out for number one. That’s what happens to those that choose greed over friendship. That’s what happens Fred. That’s what happens.”

He nodded as a tear trickled down my face and the shot faded.

[Image: oNSyU33.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ricky Desmond's post:
Mia Dim (03-26-2015)