Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-02-2024, 12:35 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
Facing My Past Part Who Gives A Shit
Tommy Gunn Offline
Director of XWF Security

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-20-2015, 01:57 PM

The scene fades in to show an exterior view of a single family home. The same home that Tommy's last promo was shot in. Still no idea as to the exact location of the home but at least now we have a house number. 69. Parked in the driveway of the home is Tommy's vehicle, a Ford Raptor, it's hood propped open.

The door to the two car garage is open and inside we see Tommy Gunn wearing a pair of jeans and a black undershirt. As the camera zooms in we see Tommy working on what appears to be a part of his truck's engine. Tommy puts down the cloth that he was using to clean the part and walks over to the truck. He rests the part on top of the battery for a second so that he can survey the rest of the engine.

As he does that a car pulls up to the front of the home, stopping in front of the driveway. A white middle aged man gets out. The man is wearing an United States Army Dress uniform and based on the insignia on his collar the man appears to be a Colonel. He stops at the curb for a second and surveys the home and yard before progressing up the modest driveway.

Gunn hears the footsteps and lifts his head up from his engine just as the Colonel gets towards the front of the vehicle.

"Thomas Gunn?

"Maybe."

"Thomas James Gunn?"

"No. I'm his brother Billy."

"I don't mean to be rude Mr. Gunn but I know who you are. I know what you look like and that you don't have a brother. A sister named Laura but no brother."

"Is there something I can help you with or are you here to show me that you know my family tree?"

"Mr. Gunn I'm here to talk to you about serving your country."

"No thanks."

"You haven't even heard what I have to say."

"I heard all I need to. You can go."

"Mr. Gunn your country needs you."

"But I don't need it. I served my country, faithfully. I did my job and I did it well. And then I got out. And I have no desire to go back."

"Mr. Gunn please believe me when I say that I am extremely grateful for all that you've done but we have a serious situation and we think that you are the only man for the job."

"What part of get the fuck out of my face do you not understand?"

"We are prepared to offer you a promotion as well as compensate you for your time."

"A promotion? What do I care about a promotion for? I'm not in this to be a career officer."

"No but an increased rank means an increased pension."

"Are you off your meds? What pension? I wasn't in the service for long enough to get one."

"I know that. But we would waive the eligibility requirements. You would receive a full Armed Forces pension at a Captain's grade."

"Typical U.S. Government, pissing away money like it doesn't even matter."

"LIke I said soldier, this is an extreme situation and we need your help. We are willing to move Heaven and Earth to make that happen."

"This is unreal. You want to promote me, pay me, and then give me a pension, all because some guy needs his head blown off? There isn't some Black Ops team you can get to do this? Or some kid in the ghetto you can train in return for a lifetime's worth of food stamps?"

"If we thought there was another way we would have gone that route but there isn't. You're it. Will you at least let me explain to you what the situation is?"

"Well it sounds like you won't leave here until I do. So fine. Spit it out."

"I'd prefer we take this conversation indoors."

"Not going to happen. You want to talk we do it out here, or in the garage. You are not stepping one foot inside my home."

"Did I do something to offend you?"

"You? No. Your employer? Yes."

"Is that why you left?"

"You don't know?"

"A good portion of your file was redacted."

"Makes sense. The government is fantastic about covering things up."

"Is that what happened? A cover up?"

"I thought you were here to talk about what you need? Not my past."

"You're absolutely right. So let's get to that."

"You want a beer?"

"No thank you."
[/color
Tommy walks over to the fridge, opens the door and removes a cold beverage from it. He shuts the fridge door and then using a bottle opener affixed to fridge door removes the cap from the beverage and begins drinking it. Tommy then removes the bottle from his lips and places it on his workbench.

"The floor is yours."

[color=#006400]"Gregory Masters."

"What about him?"

"He was your Commanding Officer during your last tour."

"Are you here just to tell me what I already know or are you going to stop beating around the bush and tell me why you need my help?"

"Ok. Ok. First I need to apologize to you."

"For what?"

"I lied to you earlier. Actually, I didn't lie so much as I misrepresented myself. You see, when I said that a lot of your file was redacted I was speaking honestly. What I didn't tell you was that I was able to see the version of your file that was not heavily redacted."

"So then you know why I got out of the Army?"

"Yes I do. And it's why we need you."

"Because of Captain Masters."

"That's correct."

"So then it is true? That he became one of them?"

"Not just one of them, he is now their leader using training, money and weapons he got from us."

"Well then that should be par for the course."

"Unfortunately you aren't wrong."

"I know I'm not. So let me see if I understand what you are trying to get at. You want me to go over there and take out my former C.O. and the price for this is a promotion, and a pension?"

"Well it's a little bit more than that. We want you to lead at team over there. The team will be used to help infiltrate where Master is hiding out."

"You seem to be under the impression that I'm some type of Leader of Men. There's a reason I chose being a sniper and it's not just because I enjoy blowing people's heads off from 2,500 yards away. It's because I don't like people. Which includes leading them."

"Behind all that bravado and tough guy talk I know there's more to you than that. Your nephew Christian, you seem to like him."

"What are you getting at?"

"Just that you have the capacity to care even if you like to pretend you don't."

"He's my sisters kid. And he's off limits."

"I wasn't trying to offend you. Just pointing out that there is more to you than what you allow others to see."

"Look Colonel Limbert I got out of the service for a reason, you clearly know that reason. Which means you had to know that coming here was going to be a massive waste of your time."

"Free college."

"What?"

"For your nephew. Free college. Any college, as many times as he wants to go."

"You guys must be desperate."

"Not desperate, determined."

"How soon do you need me?"

"As soon as you are available. We know you have other commitments but this can not wait long. Would a week work?"

"And how long do I need to be over there?"

"No more than a week, two at the absolute most."

"Fine."

"Excellent. Thank you....Captain Gunn."

"Yeah I'll believe it when I see it."

"Here."

The Colonel reaches into his pocket and pulls out a long white envelope which he then hands to Gunn.

"Everything we discussed. Promotion and pension."

"And the free college?"

"That I will have for you when you show up at the base. I assume you know which one?"

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"What?"

"Sir. Yes sir. You are a soldier again. You might as well get used to speaking like one.

"Not until I sign these papers. Now kindly remove yourself from my property before I shoot you for trespassing."

The Colonel studies Gunn's face for a good while trying to determine if he was being sarcastic or not. Gunn face however offers the Colonel nothing and so rather than risk it he smiles, turns around and walks quickly back to his car. Gunn watches the Colonel get into his car and drive away before pulling a lighter out of his pocket and setting the envelope that he just received on fire.

"Fucking asshole."

[Image: PFcRGRj.png]

Record: 8 - 2
1 x RTX Champion
1 x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
1 x Federweight Champion

Edit Hate Post Like Post