Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 02:58 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Turning Point PPV
The Resurrection (RP 5)
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-23-2015, 02:07 AM

Thursday, January 22, 2015 – 12:00 PM EST – Illuminatus World Headquarters – Death Valley

The methodical yet deliberate and repeated thump of 350,000 soldiers shakes the ground beneath his feet. Sebastian Duke stands high above on a balcony overlooking the parade grounds deep within the Earth. The crest of the Illuminatus hangs behind him. On either side of him are his father Asmodeus to his right, and Jacob to his left. The three men stand in awe of the powerful military force that marches below them.

”Never in my wildest dreams,” Asmodeus begins as he leans slightly to his left in order for Sebastian to hear him, “did I ever think we'd have this much power ready to go at a moments notice.”

”It definitely raises a question, though,” he replies. “What exactly are we waiting for?” he asks rhetorically, just before turning around and re-entering his private quarters.

Jacob follows him through the long red drapes that separate the balcony from Sebastian Duke's personal living space, and Asmodeus follows soon after.

The King's personal apartment is well maintained with the most expensive furnishings. Marble floors polished to a mirror finish. Gold accents upon the crimson colored walls. Diamond crystal chandeliers hang from various places on the ceiling.

Sebastian takes a seat in a large crimson colored velvet chair. ”Jake, have you sent the plane for my throne?” he asks of his most trusted hand. ”It's hard to feel all royal and what not without it.”

Jacob, not one to waste much time in his responses to his King, responds swiftly, ”Yes, it should be here within the hour.”

”And what of...” begins the Illuminatus leader before being interrupted by Jacob.

”Yes, sir,” Jacob says quickly. “Thaddeus, too. He is aboard the plane as well,” Jacob concludes, referring to that of the body of Sebastian's deceased teenage son.

”Good,” Sebastian says, his eyes watering slightly. ”Jake if you don't mind, I'd like to speak with my father alone,” he says while giving a shoeing motion with his hand. Jacob quietly makes his exit leaving just Sebastian and his father in the room.

”You never ask him to go away,” Asmodeus says while taking a seat on a large over sized sofa. ”This must be quite important.”

Sebastian says nothing. He reveals in his right hand a severed monkey paw given to him by an old friend. He twirls it around and around between his knuckles. Back and forth from one side of his hand to the other.

”You plan to ask me to recite that ancient rite, are you not?” Asmodeus asks in a knowing manner. He feels as if he knows the answer, and is just waiting for the confirmation.

Sebastian stops toying with the paw and tosses it into the crackling fire. He then sits motionless, staring into the eyes of his father. ”I have no heir,” he says. ”I see no other option.”

”And why send Jacob out?” Asmodeus questions. ”Is it because he'd argue with you. Is it because he'd tell you just how insane it really is?”

”For the record,” he starts, ”I was never going to ask you. I don't ask. If I am their King, I'm yours as well, and you will do as you are ordered old man,” the King concludes hotly.

”Sebastian,” Asmodeus says in a much lighter tone. Fully aware that he's beginning to anger his son. ”I will do whatever you ask of me, but don't you ever forget who put you in the position you are currently in!” His lighter tone turning much more harsh. ”I have doubts that this rite will work,” he concludes. Once again returning his tone to a normal conversation octave level.

”Why wouldn't it work?” the King asks of his father.

”In the past,” Asmodeus begins, ”it was only successful about twenty percent of the time. I just don't want you to get your hopes up.”

”What would it mean to you,” he pauses, ”to have your only grandson by your side when we take the Vatican?”

Asmodeus says nothing. He momentarily stares into his sons eyes before leaning forward and standing up, using his cane as a crutch. The aging High Priest of the Illuminatus makes his way back toward the balcony overlooking the parade grounds. The heavy stomps of the soldiers can still be heard. He pulls back the curtain slightly, watching the soldiers march by in formation. ”It would mean,” he starts, ”absolutely everything to me. For him to stand by your side, my side, to see how far we've come.”

”Dad,” says the King as he stands up and begins to walk over toward his father.

Asmodeus turns to face him, ”And what if I fail?” asks the old man with tears escaping his eyes.

”If you think failing to bring him back might make you feel like shit, try being his father. Try being there when he was killed. Try being just fifty feet away and being unable to stop his death. Try that hat on for size,” he concludes.

”Sebastian, I do not presume to know how you feel. The good lord knows I've never experienced that, and I hope I never will...” says the High Priest before being interrupted by the rapping at the door and Jacobs intrusion.

”I'm sorry for the interruption,” Jacob says hesitantly.

”What is it boy?” Asmodeus asks angrily.

”Thaddeus has landed, Father,” Jake answers.

”Take the casket to the parade grounds,” the King says while noticing the look of confusion on Jacobs face. ”We're having a special ceremony, in Thaddeus' memory.”

Jacob nods in acknowledgment and quickly retreats back through the door. In a matter of minutes the greatest hopes of the King of Darkness will either be realized, or dashed completely.

Thursday, January 22, 2015 – 1:04 PM EST – Illuminatus World Headquarters – Death Valley

The Generals within the Illuminatus military command were given their orders. Assemble the men at attention surrounding the casket of young Prince Thaddeus. A single path separating the men from their leaders is formed as Jacob and their King, Sebastian Duke, make their way toward the casket. Darkness has ensued within the depth of the subterranean facility and only torch light guides them.

”Operam!” (Attention!) barks one of the generals as the King nears the circular opening in the center of the men. Also, in the center of the Illuminatus military, lies the casket containing the remains of their fallen Crown Prince. Beside the casket, a long wooden table covered in the cloth of the Illuminatus.

Jacob, starting to get a sense of what is about to happen leans toward the Kings ear, ”what the hell are we doing here?” he asks in a hushed but angered tone of voice.

”Just a little ceremony,” replies the King.

”Bullshit!” Jacob yells, much louder than he anticipated. ”You're trying the resurrection, aren't you?” he asks while already knowing the answer.

The King, not once taking his eyes from his sons casket, responds angrily, but also in a hushed tone, ”obviously.”

Jacob shakes his head and stares toward the ornate stone surface below him. For the first time, realizing the Illuminatus logo is carved into each individual stone. ”With all due respect, you're out of your mind, sir,” he says, not looking up from the stones below his feet.

”Are you insulting your King right now?”

”Well,” he hesitates before continuing, ”I said with all due respect.” Jacob stops staring down at the stones and steps in front of the King, facing him. ”Sebastian, he's been dead for several months.”

”I was there,” replies the King. ”I know how long he's been dead.”

”The resurrection requires him to be removed from the casket,” he says before being interrupted.

”Jake, look, I'm aware of this,” the King interrupts hotly.

”Do you have any idea what several months does to corpse?” he asks cautiously.

”That's your Prince, and my son you're referring to,” the King warns.

”There's bound to be decay and God knows what else, Sebastian, are you prepared to see that? I mean really. Are you prepared to see the decayed body of your only son?” he inquires.

”I appreciate your concern, Jake, but we're doing this whether you agree or disagree,” Sebastian says, attempting to end the quiet argument. “Fall in line and agree. Otherwise, you'll find yourself lying beside your brother.”

It's not the first time Sebastian Duke has threatened Jacob's life, but it is the first time he's ever invoked the name of Jacobs brother while doing it. Nearly two years ago, Jacobs brother Lucas, was killed when the Chevy Tahoe he was driving struck a spike strip placed by Sebastians arch-nemesis Jonathan, Pope Benedicts bastard son. The car swerved off the road and smashed into a tree. This allowed Jonathan to seize possession of Father Asmodeus and the war between the Catholic Church and the Illuminatus escalated tenfold. Lucas died later that day while in the hospital.

”I'm sorry,” the King says as he leans toward Jacob. ”I didn't mean that.”

A sudden silence falls upon the gathering on the parade grounds as the slow 'click' of Asmodeus' cane hitting the stones as he walks can be heard signaling the beginning of the ceremony. Father Asmodeus, dressed in his best High Priest regalia emerges from the narrow pathway looking much like a Catholic Bishop. Just one of the many things the Church has stolen from the Illuminatus.

As Father Asmodeus reaches the table near the casket, he nods his head to two uniformed military officers flanking the casket of Thaddeus. One at his head, the other at his toe.

”Colligitur hodie celebraturi vitae resurrectione, ac resurrectionis iactam corona illustris princeps Ecclesiae, Princeps Thaddaeus,” (We gather today, to celebrate the life, the rebirth, and the resurrection of our once fallen Crown Prince of the Church of the Illuminated, Prince Thaddeus.) say Father Asmodeus in Latin as many of the uniformed military bow their heads. ”Viri, aperi feretrum.” (Gentlemen, please open the casket.)

The officers do as they're instructed. As the lid opens, the King of the Illuminatus steps forward, peering into the casket at his long deceased son. He notices quickly how remarkably intact Thaddeus is. His skin is still white and full of color. His blonde hair, still golden, reminding him of his sons mother. The nails of his fingers still trimmed neatly. It's almost as if he was placed within this box just yesterday.

”Facile leviter tollat, deinde in ipso requiesceret panni illuminatis,” (Be easy, and lift him gently, then rest him upon the cloth of the Illuminated.) instructs the High Priest.

The two officers look at each other and nod before reaching down into the casket. Gently, they lift him out and place him upon the table draped with the Illuminatus cloth. The officers retreat and Father Asmodeus, with tears rolling down his cheeks, places a cross upside down on the forehead of his dead grandson.

”The Young Prince is Risen: The world above you lies desolate...” he says as he grabs his Illuminatus bible from the edge of the table and holds it close to his heart. ”The Young Prince is Risen: The lives of evil will end by your hand. The Young Prince is Risen: The subjects of the one true Prince are rejoicing. The Young Prince is Risen: The tomb of Prince Thaddeus lies empty...” he pauses as he places the Illuminatus bible of Thaddeus' heart.

”The Young Prince is Risen: indeed from the dead. Prince Thaddeus Duke, the second of your name. Glory and power are yours for as long as you shall live,” he nods at his son. Sebastian steps forward and kneels at Thaddeus' side, grasping his cold right hand within his own. ”In the name of your father, Sebastian Duke, the first of his name. Our dear young prince,” Matthew steps forward from the crowd carrying a small pillow. Upon that pillow is a gold crown. Father Asmodeus grabs the crown while laying his cane down on the stones below him.

”I now place upon your head,” Father Asmodeus continues, ”this crown of the Illuminatus.” Father Asmodeus kneels before the body of Prince Thaddeus, taking his left hand within his own. He bows his head and closes his eyes. ”I now command thee to live again.”

Everything falls silent. Nobody moves a muscle as both Father Asmodeus and Sebastian Duke remained kneeling and tight eyed. Several minutes go by before Asmodeus finally releases the hand of his grandson. He retrieves his cane from nearby and gets back to his feet. After making his way around the body of Prince Thaddeus, he places his hand on Sebastian Duke's shoulder. ”I'm sorry, son,” he says before walking away.

Sebastian Duke gets to his feet, not wanting to let go of his son. ”It's time,” Jacob says, stepping up from behind. ”Let him go.”

Sebastian turns around to face Jacob, releasing Thaddeus' hand at the same time. ”I fooled myself into thinking this would actually work.”

”You wouldn't be a good father if you didn't try everything,” Jacob replies, attempting to mollify his long time friend.

”A good father wouldn't have permitted his death,” says the King as he starts to walk away. Jacob hurries to catch up.

”Father,” says a familiar, yet distant voice coming from behind the leader of the Illuminatus.

Sebastian Duke stops in his tracks, the torch bearers following him nearly run into him. Jacob turns in the direction they'd just came from. The direction from which the voice originated. ”Holy shit,” he says as Sebastian rushes past him, the torch bearers in tow.

Sebastian makes it to where his son had been lying only to recognize that Thaddeus is gone.

”Father, I'm over here,” said the voice.

Sebastian steps into the darkness, following the voice. When the torchbearers finally catch up to him, he's shocked and not surprisingly excited at what stands before him. Made of flesh and blood, hair and bone, stands the son of the King.

Prince Thaddeus.

[Image: QEcXvQs.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post