Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 01:39 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 1 (August 22nd) PPV RP Archive
In His Brother's Footsteps - Passing The Torch RP 8
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-20-2014, 06:02 PM

Monday, August 18, 2014 – 4:30AM EST – The Compound - Old Saybrook, Connecticut

Operation Break In The Newbie begins in…

4…

3…

2…

1!

WAKE UP!!!!!!

I scream as I start banging on some pots and pans that I found in the kitchen. A startled Cain immediately starts kicking his legs up and down trying to get the covers off. He looks around frantic, trying to understand what is happening. Who doesn’t love getting awoken by a lunatic in a mask screaming while banging pots and pans…at four thirty in the morning?

CAIN: “What?”

“What is it?”

“Is everything ok?”

ENIGMA: “Brother Cain this is the first day of the rest of your life.”

CAIN: “At four thirty in the morning are you serious?”

ENIGMA: “Actually no.”

“I was bored and couldn’t sleep so I figured you wouldn’t mind joining me in my misery.”

CAIN: “That’s nice of you.”

ENIGMA: “Isn’t it though?”

“You’ll come to find Brother Cain that beneath the mask and this tough exterior that I am really a kind and caring man.”

CAIN: “So you’re a pussy?”

ENIGMA: “Ouch. That really hurt my feelings.”

“Now, get the fuck up and meet me down in the kitchen in fifteen minutes.”

CAIN: “And if I don’t?”

ENIGMA: “Not an option.”

“Trust me when I say this, I’ve been there, I get the act, I did the act, to Sebastian as a matter of fact.”

“It didn’t end well for me, it will end worse for you.”

“Fifteen minutes.”

That might have been a little over the top, or it might not have been enough. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow. In the meantime I’ll walk down to the kitchen and cook up some of my world famous, sorry, that’s a bold faced lie, family famous scrambled eggs. A few secret ingredients really help to take them from very good to great. Hopefully by the time I finish Cain will have made it down, and hopefully he will be in a better mood than he was just a moment ago.

Ten minutes later, just as the toast pops out of the toaster and Cain walks into the kitchen still looking a little worse for wear.

ENIGMA: “Have a seat Brother Cain.”

“I made us breakfast.”

CAIN: “I’m good.”

ENIGMA: “I’m sure you are but we have a busy day ahead of us, you will need this.”

“Besides, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”

“Now have a seat. Would you like some coffee?”

CAIN: “No thank you.”

“Is a four thirty wakeup call something I should get used to?”

ENIGMA: “I would love to say yes just to see you wake up tomorrow ready to go at four thirty but if I did that than you would probably come to my quarters and in turn wake me up, which would ruin the fun for me."

“So the answer is no. Today was a onetime thing. Like I said, I was bored and couldn’t sleep.”

CAIN: “Understood.”

ENIGMA: “So Arkham, did you give any thought to what we discussed yesterday?”

CAIN: “Yes I did.”

ENIGMA: “I understand that it is a big request but it is an important one.”

“I know that it is not easy to change ones nature but it is the key, to everything.”

“Cain you have more raw power and more potential than I ever will but it is all for naught if you can’t harness it and use it to your advantage.”

CAIN: “How? How do I do this?”

ENIGMA: “Concentration and time.”

“Nothing good, nothing important happens overnight I promise.”

“Let me share with you a little about my past, perhaps it will ease your concerns.”

CAIN: “Please do.”

I walked over to the table and unloaded a healthy amount of my scrambled eggs as well as a piece of toast onto Brother Cain’s plate as well as an equal portion for myself. I returned the pan to the top of stove and took a seat across from Cain.

For the next twenty minutes I regaled Cain with tales of how Sebastian took me in after one of the most tumultuous moments of my life. I had just shot and killed my father in cold blood. There was a good chance I was going to be caught by the police and best case, sent to jail for the rest of my life, worst case, sentenced to death. Instead Sebastian brought me to The Compound and in the months that followed my entire life was transformed.

When my brother found me I was filled with anger, with rage but most of all filled with untapped potential. Sebastian saw this and he helped me learn from it, harness it and unleash it onto my opponents. Say what you want about me but you can’t argue with the success I have had in the time I have been in the XWF. Cain has that potential and so much more he just needs to learn to use it as a strength instead of allowing it to be used against him.

The positive from this is that Cain at least recognizes this. He knows that the ability of others to get under his skin and thus enrage him has caused him to lose focus. It’s not something that is unique to Cain. Others suffer from the same issue. Peter Gilmour for instance. He will be the first to admit it. People can get into his head and when they do it costs him time and time again. I don’t say this to compare Cain to Peter Gilmour. They aren’t on the same level and never will be. Peter Gilmour has been at this long enough to make it abundantly clear that he is a lost cause. But Cain? Cain will learn to harness his power and use it to destroy everything in his path. That was the charge that I was given by Sebastian. This is as much about Cain as it is about me. I will not fail.

ENIGMA: “So as you see Cain, none of us, neither Sebastian nor I started out the way we are now.”

“We have all had to learn and work to better ourselves.”

“You are no different. Those who rest on their laurels are the same people that fail repeatedly.”

“Failure is not something The Brotherhood takes kindly to. Simply put, failure is not an option.”

CAIN: “I understand.”

ENIGMA: “I know you do. But understanding is only the beginning.”

“This won’t be easy Arkham but it will be rewarding.”

“You are the future of The Brotherhood. And that future is coming sooner than you realize.”

CAIN: “How soon?”

ENIGMA: “That doesn’t matter.”

“You cannot force the future to get here sooner. It will happen regardless of whether you are ready to take a strangle hold on it or not. If not than that future will pass you buy and you will go down as one in a long line of wrestlers who could never reach their potential.”

“Is that what you want? To be part of a long list of nobodies and neverweres or do you want to be remember as the guy who stood among the giants?”

CAIN: “Obviously the latter.”

ENIGMA: “Good. We have much work to do but I am confident that we can get there.”

“But I need to caution you, you are going to be challenged like never before. I understand that you have been around for two millennia but trust me when I tell you this, you have not been challenged until you have gone through the gauntlet of Sebastian Duke.”

CAIN: “Sebastian?”

“I thought you were to be my mentor?”

ENIGMA: “I am. But Sebastian will be there along the way, watching with a vested interest.”

“Make no mistake Brother Cain you have been given a great opportunity by being a member of The Brotherhood.”

“While the previous incarnation of The Brotherhood was a massive failure in every sense of the word this one is different. You are part of something special, something unique. You appointment to this group is not something that is etched in stone. You need to prove yourself worthy to remain, again, that will come in time.”

CAIN: “I want to start my training.”

ENIGMA: “Very well. Let’s begin.”

TBC...

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Enigma's post:
(08-20-2014), Morbid Angel (08-22-2014)