Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:10 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 1 (August 22nd) PPV RP Archive
Must Be Something in the Air: RP 1
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

08-20-2014, 09:08 AM

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 – 9:39 AM EST – The Compound – Old Saybrook, Connecticut

In my twenty one month tenure here in the Xtreme Wrestling Federation, I've seen it all. More importantly, I've done it all. It's to the point now where wins and losses no longer matter to me. I've beaten some of the best there is, and I've lost to some of the best there is. All the matters now, is to continue cementing my legacy of death and destruction. A legacy, where the legend of Sebastian Duke instills a quiver of fear through your body, down your spine, right down to your very soul. Even long after I have shuffled off this Earth. Long after I have been placed into the ground. Then, and only then, will the legend that is the King of Darkness, be truly immortal.

This year has not been particularly kind to me. It has been a roller coaster ride from hell and I kind of think that I earned everything I have received. Both the good, and the bad. It comes as somewhat of a surprise to me that through everything, and after all that I have been through and all that I ultimately put myself through, that I now find myself in a sort of power struggle with my father.

I never thought this day would come. As much of a cold and callous man as my father is, he'd always treated me with a respect and distinction that he'd never given anyone else. I was the heir, after all. Things started to go down hill rapidly once the heir to the heir ceased his existence on this Earth. The death of my son Thaddeus, has created a big divide within the Illuminatus. My father on one side, me on the other. The rest of the Brotherhood, caught in the middle, unsure of who to turn to. Unsure of who to follow. When asked, I give the best answer I can. Just to stay out of the line of fire. Do what's ask by me and him alike. It's worked, at least until now.

I sit in my office, alone. Contemplating what to do about Asmodeus. He's the spiritual leader of the Brotherhood of the Illuminatus and without him, we have no faith. No one to turn to for strength and guidance. Not only is he the spiritual leader, he's also the founder, and by all rights, the actual leader. I was given the reigns not long after we moved our operations here. It was only several months ago that he'd started to take the reigns back. He no longer trusts my judgment and I can't say that I blame him. Now though, my mind is a lot more clear. I'm closer to being my old self again and with that, I want my power back.

Without even a knock, my father enters my office with a laptop in his hands. He sits down and opens it up.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What the hell do you want?”

That came out a lot more unwelcoming than I had hoped. He loads up a video player and presses the play button. It's a video clip from Madness and the reformation of the Brotherhood with my younger brother, Enigma, and a man I have a deep amount of respect for, Cain.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What about it?”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “Sebastian, you've once again put the Brotherhood in the spot light. I thought we agreed that the Brotherhood was to stay out of XWF things.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Actually, Dad, you said it, I never agreed to anything.”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “The Brotherhood must stay out of the lights, Sebastian! How can I make that any more clear!?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It's just a name, Asmodeus. It bears no real significance to the Illuminatus.”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “I fail to see the difference!”

Another impasse has been reached between us. It's not unfamiliar territory these days.

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “You should have learned your lesson last time! The last incarnation was an abomination and an abysmal failure to the bitter end!”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “This time is different.”

I couldn't argue his point. For all intents and purposes, he hit the nail on the head. The last incarnation of the Brotherhood was a disaster.

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “How so, Sebastian? Enlighten me! How is this going to be any different?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Easily. Last time, I filled the Brotherhood with seven, eight, maybe nine others that didn't have what it took to get the job done. This time, it stays small. Just the three of us. Maybe a fourth if someone else ever fits the right ideals.

“Consider it, an evolution of darkness and evil.

“I'm the past. I understand that.

“Enigma is the current.

“Cain... he's the future.”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “I'm ordering you to disband this little clique before anymore light is shown on it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Eat shit.”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “This is not a negotiation, son.

“Do it, or you will pay the ultimate price.”

My father gets set to leave my office.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Is that a threat?”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “No.

“It's a guarantee.

“Disband this latest incarnation, or you will be sacrificed to the heavens.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I'm not doing it.

“So, do your worst.”

He stares at me for several seconds before saying anything.

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “You just remember, you brought this on yourself.”

He slams the door as he exits.

I heard yelling coming from within Sebastian's office. Father Asmodeus. It's not unusual these days. Those two never say anything to each other anymore that doesn't include death threats and other things of a similar nature.

I watch as Asmodeus storms out and enters the Church. I can't help myself. I've tried to stay out of it. I've tried to keep my comments to myself. I can do that no longer.

Moments later, I find myself watching as Father Asmodeus paces at the altar. He stops pacing as he notices me standing there.

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “What is it, Jacob? I don't have time for your sly little comments.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Nothing really. I figured maybe you wanted to talk.”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “Why would I want to talk?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Simple really. You are the High Priest of the Illuminatus and our leader, whether some of us like it or not. There is no one near you. You have no one to talk things over with.

“Look, I know we haven't seen eye to eye recently. But, I think if we just sat and talked as normal, reasonable human beings, then, I think we can maybe start to get tensions alleviated around here.”

He stares at me for several seconds before taking a seat in a pew, and non-verbally inviting me to do the same.

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “It's unfortunate, really, Jacob.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “What's that?”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “Where your loyalty lies.

“I'm not blind and I'm certainly not stupid.

“Your loyalty lies with my son and I fear whatever fate may become of him, shall be the same for you.”

Is he drunk?

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I don't understand. Besides, I may be loyal to Sebastian, but I'm also loyal to the Illuminatus. You know that.”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “And if I were to ask you, or rather, order you, to do something, would you hesitate?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “No I don't think I would. At least, if it was something that is good for the Illuminatus.”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “Noted.”

He stands up and starts to pace in front of me.

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “I fear all is lost in Sebastian. I think its time to seek out a new heir.”

What? A new heir?

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Listen, I know you two aren't exactly on good terms, but if you two just talk it out...”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “What do you think of Eric? You think he would be a good heir? I need someone to uphold the ideals of the Illuminatus after I'm gone.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Eric is an idiot. Besides, Sebastian Duke is the one true heir.”

He stops pacing and stares at me again. A sinister look in his eyes.

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “That's where you're wrong. Perhaps you should be the heir, Jacob. Perhaps you would uphold traditions better than anyone.”

King Jacob. It has a ring to it.

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “I want you to look at me. I want you to notice the sincere look in my eyes when I tell you this.”

I look at him, as requested.

THADDEUS: “There is a rat among us, father.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You feel it, too?”

THADDEUS: “I do. And I don't like it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Nor do I, son. Nor do I.”

THADDEUS: “Do you think its Uncle Jake?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Never.”

THADDEUS: “He's done it once before though.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Yes, but he's learned the error of his ways. Besides, he lost his brother at that time. His mind wasn't right.”

THADDEUS: “Grandfather won't stop pestering us.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I know.”

THADDEUS: “There's only one way to secure our place on the throne, father.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “How's that?”

THADDEUS: “Kill him.”

A smile starts to form on my face as I continue talking with Thaddeus in my office.

THADDEUS: “You must kill Asmodeus. It's the only way.”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “I want him dead.”

Woa! Wait! What!?

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “I want my son, Sebastian Duke, to stop breathing.

“No matter how unfortunate it is, its the only way to secure our future.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “No way.”

FATHER ASMODEUS, THE HIGH PRIEST: “That's not a request, Jacob. That's an order, and you work for me, not him.

“Kill him.”

Jesus Christ. What did I just get myself into?
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Sebastian Duke's post:
(08-20-2014), Ozymandias (08-20-2014), The Enigma (08-22-2014)