Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:56 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 3 (August 24th) PPV RP Archive
This Won't End Well
Gator Offline
The Walking Disaster

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-18-2014, 10:27 AM

“I remember feeling sick.”

*Footage fades from black as we see Gator walking down a ramp towards a ring. We hear him narrating over this old J-Pro footage, no noise from the video, just Gator’s voice and the music in the background. Gator goes to the top turnbuckle and scans the crowd, raising his arm to the fans*

“I hardly eat. Hardly slept. My diet consisted of protein shakes, cigarettes and the occasional line of cocaine just so I wouldn’t pass out from exhaustion. It’s a good thing I wear this mask, if the people watching could see my face, my real face. I would have looked like a wreck, a fucking burn out. I’m guessing anyway, I haven’t seen my real face for a long time.”

*Gator rests in the corner, a smile seen under his mask. The camera turns to the entrance as we see a colourful masked man come through the curtain. Wearing a green and gold robe matching his mask. The JPWF World Title around his waist*

“El Huerto Hernandez. ‘The Garden’. Fucking stupid name, but he was good. Damn good. A pure Mexican luchador through and through, one of the best I’ve seen. Of course, I would never tell him that.”

*Hernandez walks down the ramp, high fiving the fans on either side. He slides under the bottom rope and goes to his knees in the centre of the ring, he raises his arms as green fireworks go off from all sides of the ring*

“He was a show off. But, he could be. He was that good. The 29 year old from Tijuana, jumped ship from some fed in Mexico and hit the ground running in J-Pro. I was 20, my first World Title shot. I wasn’t going to screw it up, especially not to this guy.”

*Hernandez removes his belt and kisses it before handing it to the ref. He removes his robe exposing his bright green and gold tights, well defined muscles and long white boots; he throws the robe to the outside and stretches. Gator stays relaxing in the corner, staring at Hernandez*

“We hated each other. Truly hated each other. This match wasn’t just for the title; it was a mask vs. mask match. Loser had his mask removed and was forced to retire. In hindsight, this was a terrible fucking idea.”

*The ref signals for the bell. Gator immediately rushes from his corner and delivers a running kick to Hernandez’s knee. Gator then throws a kneeling Hernandez to the centre of the ring and continues his assault of kicks, focusing on his opponent’s knee*

“He was a high flyer, pretty good with submissions too. Shit, he was the guy who taught me the Mexican Surfboard Stretch. You wanna know how to kill a high flyer? You ground him, focus on the legs so he can’t climb the turnbuckle or even run. The knee and ankle are always good places to strike.”

*Gator puts Hernandez into the Mexican Surfboard Stretch, the ref leans in close to the pair, listening for the words ‘I give up’*

“I love the Mexican Surfboard Stretch hold. It focuses on every part of an opponent’s body, it tears their limbs, weakening them, makes them feel tired and sluggish. It’s a damn good move, but you can’t hold it for long before you start to feel the same effects as your opponent. Plus, the ref usually breaks it up anyway. Meddling bastards.”

*The ref breaks up the hold; Gator goes nose to nose with a backing down ref, arguing with his decision. A groggy Hernandez gets to his feet as Gator is distracted with the ref. As Gator turns around he is greeted with a Double Knee Facebuster*

“I always preferred a single knee. Looks cleaner.”

*Hernandez goes for the cover but only gets a 1 count. He then slaps the mat in frustration and heads to the tope rope as Gator slowly gets to his feet. Gator stands and turns towards El Huerto who is flying through the air hoping for a cross body but is caught by Gator with a backbreaker, he then goes for a cover*

”I’m pretty sure I broke one of his ribs. He made a noise that I’ve never heard before when his side crashed against my knee, I liked the noise he made. It was satisfying.”

*El Huerto gets a shoulder up at 2. Gator immediately puts him in an ankle lock*

“Always try to ground a high flyer. You clip a bird’s wings and they’re easy prey.”

*Gator twists the ankle as El Huerto reaches for the ropes, he is quickly dragged back into the centre of the ring by Gator. The hold continues as Hernandez struggles.

“Taking away a bird’s ability to fly is like someone taking your most precious gifts in this world. Imagine your life without your house, car, reputation or loved ones. I tried clipping El Heurto’s wings and he tried to take my most precious gift, my mask.”

*El Huerto twists his body around and pushes his free leg against Gator’s stomach. He throws Gator over and rolls him up. The ref slaps his hand on the mat. One*

“He made a mistake.”

*Two*

“A big fucking mistake!”

*Thre- Gator escapes the pin attempt! Both men get to their feet at the same time and charge to one another. Gator throws El Huerto Hernandez into the air to set up for the Disaster Drop but Hernandez lands on his feet behind Gator and delivers a Backstabber. Gator reels on the floor in pain as Hernandez gingerly makes his way to the top rope*

“... No matter who you are. No matter how you fight. There is always a weakness to your strategy. Every hold is breakable, and every move is reversible.”

*Hernandez gets to the top and signals to the crowd. He crouches, leaps and flies threw the air and lands on Gator with a Frog Splash. The ref begins to count*

“Mistakes happen.”

*One*

“Everyone makes mistakes.”

*Two*

“Even me...”

*Three*

*The ref signals for the bell. Hernandez gets to his feet, limping as Gator sits up in disbelief. As the crowd stands to their feet cheering the ref hands Hernandez the belt, he shows the belt to the crowd and sets it on the mat, cracking his fingers and heading towards Gator to claim his true prize*

“Wearing a mask means a lot, to a lot of different people. Some for honour; some wear them to become a symbol of hope or evil. Some because they look cool. I wear mine because I care about this sport. People can identify with a face; if they see a face get battered and bruised they feel sorry for that person. A mask hides that, it doesn’t show a man. It shows a wrestler. My mask makes me who I am and I won’t let anyone take that away from me.”

*Hernandez puts a hand on Gator’s shoulder and his other on Gator’s mask. Gator sits still. El Huerto pats his shoulder but his arm is grabbed by Gator who smashes it over his shoulder, breaking it instantly. El Huerto falls to the ground cradling his arm, Gator turns and rips off Hernandez’s mask. He tries to cover his exposed face with his broken arm as Gator holds his arms and the mask in victory. He throws the green and gold mask to the ground and leaves the ring*

“My mistake wasn’t ripping off that guys mask. Fuck, I did him a favour forcing him to quit before he ended up crippled from all that stupid shit he did. My mistake was getting a title shot and screwing it up. I refuse to let that happen again.”

*Medics and officials attend to El Huerto Hernandez on the mat*

“He may have won the battle, but I ended the war... I don’t like ending wars. All the bloodshed gets put on your hands, all the broken bodies go into graves you have to dig and you’re the one the grieving widows spit on when you try to apologize. Fuck wars. Real and metaphorical, fuck them.”

*The footage fades to black*

“I promised I wasn’t going to screw up in a title match again. But I’m not waging a war for one. I will hurt people for a title. I will injure people for a title. I will strike fear into people for a title. I will be relentless for a title. But I will not start a war for a title.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The camera is on the dashboard in Gator’s Camaro putting Gator and Todd in view. Gator is driving as Todd sips on a drink*

T: “So, you nervous about Relentless?”

“Nah. More excited.”

T: “Really? Even though you’re fighting one of your friends and Steve fucking Davids?”

“... Socrates knows the deal. Stevie on the other hand, he probably thinks we’re going to be push overs. He’s in for a big fucking surprise if he does think that.”

T: “Still no word from them though.”

“Steve is in Enigma’s sex dungeon, and Socrates is probably just chilling. Give them time, they’ll have to speak up sooner or later. Still, I am a little confused why I’m in this triple threat.”

T: “What’s up, don’t think you’ve earned a shot?”

“... A little.”

T: “Wait! Hold up. You’re one of the most egocentric people I’ve ever met. And you don’t think you earned a shot?”

“... Yeah. I mean I’m happy I got a shot, but Socrates won a match for the number one contendership and Steve Davids is the champion, plus he’s been around forever. I win a match against Mazzy, and I get a shot. If I lost would I still get a shot? Or would I be in that orgy for the Ark title?”

T: “It’s an unnamed title.”

“Yeah but it’s probably the Ark. It’s the only title that hasn’t been mentioned. Let’s not get off topic. Why am I in this match?”

T: “Well even if you don’t think you earned a shot, the GMs definitely think you’ve earned it.”

“Yeah, maybe... Unless this is what I think it is.”

T: “Don’t start on this fucking conspiracy bullshit again.”

“I will! Steve Davids is connected with The Brotherhood and the guys backstage. Almost everyone knows this; Socrates earns a chance and I get thrown into the mix as well, honestly I don’t know what the fuck to think. I just know this match isn’t going to end well...”

*A phone’s message tone sounds. Gator picks up his phone and reads the message. He sets the phone back down*

“We need to make a stop before we find a decent hotel in Phoenix.”

T: “What for?”

“I need to talk to a man about a dog.”

*Todd looks at Gator in confusion as Gator stares down the road, the footage is interrupted with static and cuts*

[Image: 4H375RW.png?6]
Check out Backstage Page for full list of XWF achievements.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Gator's post:
(08-18-2014), (08-24-2014), Archie Lawson (08-19-2014)