Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:44 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 1 (August 22nd) PPV RP Archive
Loyalty RP 2
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 01:09 PM

Friday, August 15, 2014 – 5:52 PM EST – The Compound – Old Saybrook, Connecticut

Steve Davids former two time X-treme Champion, current Television Champion a nice little collection of titles for sure but that’s not why Steve Davids is of interest to me. No, the X-treme title is a disgrace of a title so long as guys are allowed to win it before ever stepping foot in the ring. The Television title, there’s some prestige there I suppose. But again, it’s not Davids’ accolades that I want to talk to him about. Rather, it’s the subject of loyalty that has my attention. You see, when the walls of the Brotherhood were crumbling around him, when Sebastian’s on again off again best friend Griffin MacAlister decided to leave, along with the likes of Tony Santos and other people whose names were not important enough to remember Steve Davids remained the loyal soldier. And when The Brotherhood’s ranks had thinned to two, it was Steve Davids that remained at Sebastian’s side. And I want to know.

ENIGMA: “Would you like something to eat or drink?”

I get no response. Instead Steve just lowers his head.

ENIGMA: “Look Steve, I’m not here to torture you. In fact, as far as Sebastian is concerned I’m not here at all.”

That gets his attention. Steve’s head slowly rises and at least now he is looking at my face to face.

STEVE DAVIDS: “Why am I here?”

ENIGMA: “Because the Heyman Alliance has made it their business to get involved in your matches with Cain.”

“But more importantly, because Sebastian wants to you be here.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “Is that so? Then where is Sebastian at? Why am I sitting here in front of you and not him?”

ENIGMA: “Sebastian is tied up in matters a bit more important than this. That is all you need to know.”

STEVE DAVIDS:“What do you want Enigma?”

ENIGMA: “I told you already, to talk.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “Fine. Let’s talk.”

“Do you want my title is that it?”

“Are you mad that your and Sebastian’s pet project Cain can’t beat me, can’t even come close to beating me?”

ENIGMA: “Nothing of the sort actually.”

“I want to talk to you about your time in the Brotherhood.”

Steve’s weight shifts subtly in the chair. To the untrained eye you probably wouldn’t have even noticed but to me, the little shift was all I needed to know that I touched a nerve.

STEVE DAVIDS: “You want to take a trip down memory lane is that it?”

ENIGMA: “I want to talk to you about why when everyone else abandoned ship you stuck it out?”

“Loyalty, Steve, is at a premium in our business. There is something to be said for the loyalty you showed Sebastian.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “Why does any of that matter?”

ENIGMA: “Because it does Steve.”

“I am a student of history. I want to know about your history with Sebastian. So I ask again, why did you stick it out when everyone else bailed?”

STEVE DAVIDS: “You should know by now that having Sebastian as an ally is a much more preferable option than having him as an enemy.”

ENIGMA: “So it’s that simple? You were afraid to go up against him so you stuck by his side like a loyal lapdog?”

The words clearly struck a nerve, no sooner were they out of my mouth and Steve was jolting forward to try and come up me. Unfortunately for him he was still chained to the chair which is bolted to the floor. Steve’s reaction only caused himself pain the chains around his abdomen and wrists tightened the second he lunged forward.

ENIGMA: “Now Steve, that wasn’t very smart. You are supposed to be the brains of the Heyman Alliance, or is it the brawn? Or perhaps neither. You have that ape Tommy Gunn running around punching everything that moves and Heyman, I guess he’s the master schemer. So where does that leave you Steve? What is your role in that group? Bag boy?”

STEVE DAVIDS: “I should kill you.”

ENIGMA: “You could try.”

“You would fail.”

“But you could try.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “How long do I have to be here?”

ENIGMA: “As long as I see fit.”

“I understand you have a match coming up at the Pay Per View, it would be an awful shame if you didn’t show up because you were busy stuck down here chained to a chair.”

“I can’t imagine that would do much to improve your legacy would it?”

STEVE DAVIDS: “You are going to pay for this. The whole Brotherhood will pay for this.”

ENIGMA: “Steve I am going to give you a bit of advice, do with it what you will.”

“The Brotherhood is focused on matters far beyond your comprehension, for the moment the Heyman Alliance is not on our radar."

"You are only here for our amusement.”

“But…if you want to put yourself in our crosshairs I know that we, specifically Cain would love to oblige you.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “Cain? You think I am afraid of Cain? The guy is zero for the century against me. Why in God’s name would I be afraid of Cain?”

ENIGMA: “Just because he hasn’t beaten you doesn’t mean he can’t.”

“You and your friends haven’t been playing fair Steve. But that ends, now.”

“I promise you, the next time you step into the ring with Cain, or if you find yourself really unlucky, with me, you won’t be so smug.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “Unchain me and let me show you just how wrong you are.”

I like the fight in him. Chained up in the bottom of the Compound and he still has the balls to want to fight me here and now.

ENIGMA: “Steve, it’s you and me, there’s no need for you to puff up your chest and try to play Tommy Gunn. I’m not questioning your abilities as a wrestler. Sebastian took you under his wing, clearly he saw something in you, much like he does Cain.”

“All I’m telling you is that in the future when you step into the ring with a member of the Brotherhood, be it Cain or me or Sebastian, don’t expect the Heyman Alliance to be the difference maker anymore. You want to beat any of us you are going to have to do it on your own merit.”

“You were part of the Brotherhood Steve, you fought alongside Sebastian. There was a time you stood for something, something bigger than yourself. You know better than most what Sebastian is capable of, don’t think for one second that your history with my brother will save you if things between the Alliance and the Brotherhood reach a boiling point. You’ve seen firsthand the lengths he is willing to go against someone.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “You don’t scare me.”

“These threats, and let’s be very clear here, that’s all they are, threats, do not scare me.”

“Maybe you haven’t noticed because you’ve been too busy trying to get big brother to notice you but the Heyman Alliance has been dominating this federation since it’s inception. Ozymandias finally realized what he was up against and is now working with Paul. We have the Universal Champion and the TV Champion. The last Euro champion. A former trio champion.”

ENIGMA: “And the new tag team champions.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “What?”

ENIGMA: “Oh that’s right, you don’t have a TV down here. Last night Kendall cashed in her briefcase on Gilmour and that with the bad teeth, her and Azrael are the new tag team champions.”

“Need I remind you that you ended your last reign as an X-treme champion by handing the title over to Morbid Angel, a guy I made rather quick work of when he and I met. And that Television Title you are so fond of? How did you end up acquiring that? Oh that’s right, Tony Santos was too drunk to show up. So please Steve, don’t sit there and talk to me about titles and accolades. I did more in three matches than you’ve done your entire career. And you know it.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “Unchain me, let’s do this, right now.”

ENIGMA: “Soon Steve. Very soon. But not today.”

“We both have other matches to prepare for.”

With that I stood up, walked over to the back the chair that Steve is chained to, I grabbed the chains around Steve’s hands and using a key that was in my pocket I unlock the chains. Within seconds the chains fall to the floor and Steve Davids rises to his feet. He takes a step in my direction and looks down at me.

ENIGMA: “You’re free to go.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “What?”

ENIGMA: “You are free to go. I am fairly certain you know your way out of here but if not, walk down the hall, up the stairs and out the front door. No one will stop you, you have my word.”

STEVE DAVIDS: “What stops me from taking you out right here and now?”

ENIGMA: “Well for starters you can’t.”

“I don’t mean you aren’t allowed to, I mean you physically can’t despite your overestimated sense of self-worth.”

“Secondly, and this is the big one, even if by some miracle you were able to do what you say you will, there is no chance of you getting out of this building alive. We both know that.”

“Now, take this gift that I am offering you and leave. Go prepare for your match at Relentless and maybe, just maybe I won’t show up to take that title from you.”

Steve continues to stare me down for a few seconds. We both know that nothing will happen right now but Steve has to try and assert his dominance in this situation. I don’t blame him. If the roles were reversed I would probably do the same thing. A moment or two later Steve turns around and walks out the door, down the steps and up the stairs.

Fade to Darkness.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like The Enigma's post:
Archie Lawson (08-17-2014), Gator (08-19-2014), Morbid Angel (08-22-2014)