Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 09:29 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 1 (August 22nd) PPV RP Archive
"Loverboy's" Labyrinth
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-15-2014, 07:07 PM Heart  "Loverboy's" Labyrinth -->

"Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows."

(("Loverboy" Vinnie Lane is walking out of the palatial doors of Griffin's mansion, the Nest. Griffin is sunbathing on the huge marble porch, oiled and shiny, with a beautiful woman on either side of him and wearing the huge, gold X-Treme Championship belt. Loverboy gives Griffin a quick hi-five and then shakes the pack of cookies he's got with him as a thank you while descending the many stairs.))

Loverboy: Yo, Griff, thanks for the cookies, man! E.L. Fudge are my favorite!

((Griffin smiles broadly and gives a thumbs up while the two women rub more tanning lotion onto the champion's muscled flesh.))

Griffin: Not a problem, brother!

((Loverboy continues winding down the intricate staircase, maneuvering past fountains, statues and topiaries until reaching the entrance of a large and foreboding hedge maze where he stands, chewing a cookie and looking into the complex rows of flora.))

Loverboy: Man, these mansions are so sweet. I've really got to get one of these.

((Loverboy turns and faces the camera.))

Loverboy: Did you guys know Griffin has three different oil paintings of himself in there? Big ones, man. Those things ain't cheap, you know? Hey man, come on in here with me... I have a hell of a labyrinthine puzzle to solve.

((The camera view follows Loverboy as he walks into the maze, its walls high enough on either side to completely obscure the horizon and block out most of the sky. The sunlight beating down from overhead throws shadows across the grass as Vinnie walks in, takes a few long strides down a well manicured corridor, and then hangs a sharp left at the first corner. Loverboy drops one of his cookies onto the ground.))

Loverboy: You know man, when I first saw my booking for Relentless I was confused. Frustrated. Angry, even. I thought - who the hell is Zoey Ryback? Who the hell is Clean Lucena? I may not have been in the FXW for too long, but I've been at every show along the way and I've seen most of the roster at some point or another. Fans at home might not realize that we megastars actually do exist when the cameras switch off, and we do interact with one another outside of wrestling rings or with microphones in our hands. It took me off guard, you know? I've been paired up with different guys every week, it almost felt like the powers that be were trying to find an obstacle I couldn't overcome, man. Toss me into a random tag match with a guy I've never met against a former title holder for my debut? I go in and dominate, take the three count, go back to the locker room a winner. Next week, another partner I don't know, a guy I've only wrestled against, and this time with two teams as opponents, one of which comprised of two major names. Different puzzle, same solution. Me, Vinnie Lane, crushing his opponent's head into the canvas and scoring the duke. Now? two partners. Three enemies - three of the toughest sons of bitches this federation has to offer. A title shot at my first pay per view event, but at what price, man? I have a girl for a partner, a chick who got sexually assaulted by a midget on live tv a couple of weeks back - that made me nervous. And Lucena? Word around the water cooler is he's good for it, a solid partner to have, but damn, man, where has he been?

((Loverboy takes another turn, dropping another cookie onto the soft bed of leaves and grass at his feet. Then, quickly repeats the process at the next corner.))

Loverboy: That was all before I watched Warfare this week, though. I gotta say, those two impressed the heck out of me. Both of them came on strong and got their hands raised. Now, don't get me wrong, Zoey was up against a god damn blow up doll for an opponent, but she still looked impressive in the ring. And she has experience I lack in these trios matches, which will definitely come in handy. And Clean? Wow, man, what a good show that cat put on in his match. I can see why he has had gold around his waist in the past.

((Loverboy, turning another corner and tossing another cookie to the earth, pops one into his mouth as well. Branches hang over this portion of the maze, covering the sky in a canopy of leaves and limbs, and creating a veil of shadow over the labyrinth's pathway like a sudden dusk.))

Loverboy: Getting close. Good timing. This is where I am now, man. Stuck in a conundrum. A quandary. An... enigma. The thing is, though, I know what I'm getting into. I know what the answer to this riddle is. It's the same as last week, and the week before. The answer is always - "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane, Black Label Driver, one, two, three.

((On the final turn, Loverboy reaches the center of the maze. A huge tree sprouts from the center of the masterpiece, stretching its black branches across an azure sky. Loverboy reaches the center, then turns again to face the camera with a visage of shadow. As the sunlight battles the darkness across his face, a smile spreads from ear to ear.))

Loverboy: You see, Enigma? You look at me, and you see a joke, a caricature. You see blonde hair and blue eyes, a warm smile, a fun guy. You see the surface. You see the outer layers. But me? I've got a center. I've met your type before. I've run across a "brotherhood" or two before in my time, man. Funny thing is, what the hell makes you think a guy like Azrael Erebus, a Universal Champion and probably one of the top two or three guys on this roster, what makes you think he gives a damn about you or your brotherhood? Or your trios titles? What makes you think that, at Relentless, he won't just be concerning himself with his real partner, Kendall Sawyer, and their new tag team titles? What guarantee do you have? And if that's the case, what makes you think you and Sebastian Duke can win against the three of us? And when you do lose, dude? When you come face to face with the reality of the situation? Or do you still not even see what that is?

((Loverboy extends an arm and gestures toward the corridor of bushes he entered the central room from, pointing at the line of cookies leading back towards the entrance.))

Loverboy: Enigma... your puzzle's been solved. I don't go into a situation guessing, I don't leave room for what if. There's only one answer. One reality for you, Duke and Azrael next Friday in Phoenix, Arizona. This fresh faced rookie is here to make a name for himself at the expense of the tired old guard you represent, and the way I'm going to open eyes and dispel the bias a cool, fun loving image like mine creates is by dropping you onto your skull and leaving Relentless with your title, your identity. You don't take me seriously now, but you will. Ask your brother Cain - one of the "nobodies" I've beaten here. Your time's up, Enigma, yours and your Brotherhood's. I'm done sitting in the shadows, there's a bright future right around the corner. See you Friday, Sunshine.

((Loverboy walks down the hallway of shrubbery and picks up the cookie he dropped, tossing it into his mouth as he rounds the first of many corners.))

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Darren Dangerous (08-16-2014), Great Buzzard Eli James IV (08-19-2014), LH Harrison (08-16-2014), Ozymandias (08-15-2014), The Enigma (08-22-2014)