Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-12-2024, 09:32 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Soap Box
John Brooks Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-12-2014, 12:54 PM

Johnathon Wallace Brooks entered stage right into the XWF Promo room. This room is what you'd expect from it. XWF Logo on the back wall, which is a brick wall overlayed with chain link. He stepped in front of the camera, dressed in blue jeans and an A-shirt. Nothing fancy. He was just a kid, in his early twenties looking to make a name for himself. He looked into the camera.

"So yes, I came onto the scene months ago after suffering a failed "gimmick". Said failed gimmick is very discouraging as many of you may know, but here I am. Still standing. Listen folks, I am not going to be some girl-crazy goofball who always gets in trouble because of pussy. No. That's not who I am. So allow me to introduce myself to all of you who had the nerve to say "fuck off" and "he just needs a child support check.""

He rolled his eyes.

"I suppose you ARE entitled to your opinions, no matter how they may differ from the facts."

"The fact of the matter is that my name is Johnathon Brooks, known to my friends and enemies alike as John. When I was sixteen years old, I went over to Japan to train under my idol, Muta. Yes, THE Great Muta. Because growing up, I wasn't about saying my prayers, training, and taking vitamins. No, my motto was "show them you're worth it". I remember staying up night after night as a kid, watching New Japan, admiring the way the moves actually looked REAL."

He thought for a second, then shook his head.

"I guess I could say that I'm not here to make friends. But on the other hand I am not here to make enemies either. So, I guess what I am here for is what every young man like myself is here for. Opportunity, fellas. That's all."

-End Scene-
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Brooks's post:
Vincent Lane (08-12-2014)
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 01:11 PM

Johnny Boy, let me take a moment to introduce myself.

My name is "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane - I'm a wrestling megastar and a rock n' roll king. You want to call me out publicly like this? I've got an idea for you... sit your narrow ass down on your futon tonight and flip the TV to Madness. Watch while a megastar shows you what "American wrestling" looks like when it's done well, and then reconsider whether or not you really want to try and kick off your new comeback tour by challenging someone twice your worth.

The thing is, dude, that I'm undefeated. After tonight, I'll still be undefeated. Yeah, I'm a rookie, but I'm out of the gates landing on my feet running. You? You already stalled out. You're sputtering. You got in over your head and now you're looking for a life saver - but it ain't me, man. I'm a megastar. A soon-to-be champion. You're a step back. Tonight I've got Cain and Mastermind - why would I want to jerk the curtain with you?

So pay your dues, pal. Sort through your identity crisis over there on Warfare and then someday, maybe, you'll be up to the snuff of a Madness-caliber opponent.

Good look, punk.

Hate Post Like Post
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 02:04 PM

Loverboy is a loudmouthed nobody. He wishes deep down inside that he was born as David Lee Roth instead of some not talent show opening black out match king. The sad news is that he isn't a star, nor is he a champion. What is he? My next target. After I defend my title at Relentless, I'm going to destroy him.
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 02:15 PM

Dude, everyone here knows who I am. I'm not the guy hiding under a hood, and I'm definitely not the guy who has to get the help of Mark Flynn to beat Peter Gilmour for me.

Tell you what, after Flynn carries you to a title, I might take you up on your offer.

And EVERYONE wishes they were David Lee Roth.

Hate Post Like Post
Socrates Offline
#ASCEND.

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-12-2014, 02:17 PM

Loverboy is undefeated after one match which I made him win and this Mr WiggaGF has still gotta defend his shitle. If I were you John, I'd hold off until I got a better offer.

Oh and Loverboy is right, Madness is better.

Sokratis Kyrus II used English at your discretion, and any mistakes within the previous segment are your sole responsibility because he's foreign. Don't be racist now!
Hate Post Like Post
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 02:20 PM

Flynn isn't carrying me. Exam the facts. My debut match is a title shot. One that Flynn would not have without a partner. Now, he'd earned it on his own, but he needed a partner. Flynn and I need each other equally. Even if he didn't ask me, nor does he know who I am under this mask. That's irrelevant. Whether or not you wish to face me now, you will see me soon.
John Brooks Offline

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

08-12-2014, 02:22 PM

(08-12-2014, 02:15 PM)Loverboy813 Said: Dude, everyone here knows who I am. I'm not the guy hiding under a hood, and I'm definitely not the guy who has to get the help of Mark Flynn to beat Peter Gilmour for me.

Tell you what, after Flynn carries you to a title, I might take you up on your offer.

And EVERYONE wishes they were David Lee Roth.

"You may be undefeated, but that doesn't make you unable to be defeated. Remember the streak? #ShockingLosses."

Singles Record: 0-0-0

Acheivements:
Hate Post Like Post
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 02:24 PM

He got carried to one victory. Hardly an undefeated streak to brag about.
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 02:29 PM

Socrates, you and me are good, and I know English isn't your first language, so it's cool that you mixed up what you said about our match. Anyone who watched me knock that punk Bobby Zi out knows better anyway.

As for you, Pest? You want to act like you've got a reason to brag because Flynn accepted you as his partner? Let's get real - Flynn could take Peter and Dim on his own, you're just a contractual obligation.

You know who couldn't beat Peter, though? John Brooks. Peter dumped him out of his only match without breaking a sweat and sent him into semi retirement.

Maybe you guys should make your own team?

Hate Post Like Post
Socrates Offline
#ASCEND.

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-12-2014, 02:32 PM

[Image: apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Socrates's post:
Vincent Lane (08-12-2014)
John Brooks Offline

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

08-12-2014, 02:35 PM

(08-12-2014, 02:24 PM)Mr WGWF Said: He got carried to one victory. Hardly an undefeated streak to brag about.

"You know, I agree with you. And as for whatever else Vincent may say, it doesn't matter. I'm here. He can deal with it."

Singles Record: 0-0-0

Acheivements:
Hate Post Like Post
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 02:43 PM

My bragging right is not helping Flynn. It's taking Peter's World Title, it's from stopping Kore. It's when I made James Raven tap. When I sent Tristan from a 40 Foot Scaffold onto a table full of tacks. These are things I'd done that I brag about. Taking Peter's tag title with Flynn? Not so much. It's just a reminder to you that my return match, with a new identity as it were, is a title match, and you're stuck as a show opener. Mind your place, boy.
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 02:52 PM

Yeah, man, it's easy to claim a bunch of other peoples' victories from under a mask.

Like I said, Flynn could take those guys with no help at all, but we both know the stips of being a tag champion include having a partner - and so, the closest Flynn can get to no partner at all is you, Pest.

Flynn probably tried the Special Olympics roster first but couldn't find any of those kids willing to wrestle against their own father, so he randomly picked a face from a sex offender website instead.

Hate Post Like Post
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 02:59 PM

Funny, I was going to say the same about Socrates picking his partner. Now, I need to remind you. Flynn did not ask me. I was told by management that I would be his partner. To the best of my knowledge, he did not have any choice.
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 03:08 PM

Yeah, man, and if the powers that be thought you could get the job done they wouldn't have needed to get their longest reigning champion to come hold your hand through it.

Pal, you're just a cardboard cutout spewing empty threats from under a mask.

Hate Post Like Post
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 03:27 PM

You're not quite getting it. The title shot was a perk for Mark's title reign. It was set up before I came into play. Mark had a partner set up over a month ago. Then he vanished. Mark got another partner. Management said no, and put me in instead. They pulled someone for me. They want me to take the gold.
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 03:39 PM

Whatever you say, man. Got more conspiracy theories than an episode of the X-Files.

When are you taking that hood off, Pest? I'd think a guy with your alleged accolades would want people to see his face, even if it's one that came as the result of a failed late term abortion.

Hate Post Like Post
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2014, 03:46 PM

It's no conspiracy theories, it's facts. Flynn held the title for 2 weeks, which earned him a title shot. He named John Black as his partner. Black pulled out. Then he asked someone else, and he was told no. It was to be me. I will remove my mask when my boss tells me I can, and not a minute before. It's his call, not mine.