Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:50 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith (June 21st) PPV RP Archive
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Desperate Nature of Things
Kendall Savannah Sawyer Offline
Repetition is the key to success.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-20-2014, 10:19 PM

So, if someone told me the first night I spent outside the hospital would be filled with confusion and peeling frozen tears off my face, I'd laugh in their face and tell them to stop joking. However, seeing as that was precisely the direction it's gone so far, it seems to fit a lot more, what with the other situations I've found myself in as of late. However, those are behind me and this new abstract situation is what's happening. The one that involves me peeling my frozen tears off my face, for reference. My heart's rapid racing slows down considerably in the moments following the thing's departure, and I start breathe with more regularity. That's the one thing you miss when you're trying to come off as invisible to something that's probably going to kill you; the ability to breathe. The wind from the window has stopped, and I finally walk back over to it and peer over the edge to confirm a suspicion that I had the first time I went to pull it shut. I was right -- Diaz's body wasn't there. No blood, no anything. Literally nothing to denote her presence anywhere near here, which proves my own theory of her existence being solely a figment of my imagination which leads me back to questioning why she appeared in the first place. It was a rather valid question, seeing as though I had only encountered her once and it wasn't on too friendly of terms. Could it have been because of the comparisons some members of the XWF between myself and her? That was the only plausible conclusion, though it was still a stretch.

This line of questions is cut thankfully short by the sudden sound of someone at the door. Not a hideous, thundering monster trying to force its way in, but the rustle of paper and the sound of a key sliding into the lock. I sigh a sigh of relief and run my hand over my face one more time to make sure I got the last of the icicles off before turning around and hopping back onto the couch as the key turns over and the door swings open. Sure as I expected and hoped, the person standing in the doorway was Kara, holding a brown paper bag.

"You will not believe the time I had," she says with an exasperated sigh. She steps through the doorway, the paper bag swinging back and forth and rustling as its contents do the same, smacking into all four sides as she makes her way towards the kitchen, completely passing me and not doing so much as cast a glance in my direction; something I was silently ecstatic about.

"Oh, I might have an easier time than you think."

"Really now?" she calls from the kitchen as she starts to take items out of the bag.

"Try me."

My words came out almost breathlessly, a defiant challenge to her claim yet lacking my normal confidence. I heard it and I'm certain she did too, and as she turns around to put something in the refrigerator she catches a glimpse at my face and her's crinkles only for a moment. Almost recoiling, she averts her attention to the fridge and stuffs whatever it is in her hand into it before slamming the door shut and walking back to the bag. Either she was ignoring the marks on my face, or she was acting like she was and either way I was fine with her not asking any questions. At least not until I formulated an answer for everything I assume she'd ask, that is.

"Well, for starters, some bitch cut me off as I was pullin' into the damn place. Almost rear ended her I did. When did they start handing driver's licenses out to people who can't drive?"

"Whenever you got yours, I'd reckon."

"Funny. Just cuz you just got outta the hospital don't think I won't go over there and beat the shit outta you."

"I'm shaking in my boots."

The rustling intensifies as she rushes to put away the rest of the things in the bag. After a few minutes of silence otherwise, she pulls open one of the cupboards and shoves the bag inside, in case we ever need it for anything moving forward. I predict we never will, just as we never have before. However, it's something that's been a habit of her's since forever and a half ago and considering some of the weird habits of mine that she puts up with, I won't mention it. That, and the fact that I don't want giant bruises on both cheeks. One was bad enough.

Wait a second.

I clutch at my jaw with one hand. My left cheek stings on touch and feels slightly swollen. If Jessie was a figment of my imagination I wouldn't have this.

"What the fuck's up with you?" she says, standing in the wide doorframe that separated the living room and the kitchen. I rub my eyes and shake my head to pull me out of my disoriented daze; the only state I could be in and not see her move at all.

"Lots of things, honey. I figured you knew that already."

"Oh know, that much I got. I want to know what specifically is wrong with you right now, and why you're looking off into space, oh and why you have a big ol' fuckin' bruise on your face. Sheesh, I leave you alone for a half hour tops and you look like you just got out of a barfight!"

"Currently, I'm trying to make sense of something, you're ugly as shit, and because I popped myself a good one in the jaw before the Vicodin wore off."

"I don't remember you being this much of a cunt. Must've been the hospital food, eh?"

I hate how well her attempts at humor were working. I start to chuckle, before erupting into laughter. My scratched up arm flops from my mouth to the cushion of the couch and I lean off to one side, falling onto it and almost rolling right off the couch. Thankfully though, I don't. And thankfully for me, she laughs as well, confirming my hopes that she was joking and is about to turn back into the kitchen when she stops and looks back over to me.

"You seriously look like shit."

"Thanks, friend."

"No problem, get yourself cleaned up or something. I can't stand to look at ya like that."

"Then don't look."

"Fuck you."

"Not even if you paid me."

"Look," she says, walking over to where I'm laying. "Jacob and I are gonna go out tonight and I want you to come with us."

"To smash some more cars?" I ask with way too much enthusiasm.

"No. Trust me on this. Just come, for me?"

"Ugh, fine. I'll get in the shower."

I can't believe I was going to do it, but after the insanity that I've endured for most of the day anything that felt mundane was almost a blessing.

Almost, because I'd still have to deal with the obnoxious lovey-doveyness of my two best friends without putting a bullet in my brain. Though, I feel much more confident in my abilities to get through it than I would normally, so if there's anything good coming from this ordeal, it's that.

Though I can't help but shaking the feeling there's something watching me, just waiting to make my life a hell whenever it wanted.

Awardments and Accoladations:

Last European Champion (Won April 28, 2014 -- Unified into the Universal Title May 19th, 2014)
Tag Team Champion (w/ ???) (Won August 13, 2014 -- Lost December 10, 2014)
Star of the Month (April 2014)
Wannabe Jessie Diaz (You know, if you're stupid Swagmire)
11-6

“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” ― Mary Shelley
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kendall Savannah Sawyer's post:
Ozymandias (06-21-2014)