Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:38 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith (June 21st) PPV RP Archive
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Meeting in Fenwick: RP 2
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

06-16-2014, 04:55 PM

Friday, June 13, 2014 – 10:14 PM EST – The Williams Residence – Fenwick, Connecticut

I find myself within a large darkened home in an affluent neighborhood just two miles to the south of the Compound. Fenwick, Connecticut is where the who's who of Middlesex County live. Doctors, lawyers... judges. Katherine Hepburn called it home until her death in 2003.

The Williams family is still out and I've waited here for four hours. They are out of toilet paper. Note to self, no more Taco Bell while on important business. Damn quesadillas.

They have a little pug named Richie. I found that entertaining, seeing as how the dog is a female. She's a very friendly pooch. I've never met the man I'm going to... coerce... into playing ball, but judging by the pictures of his family adorning the walls, he looks to be in his mid to late fifties which tells me he's about the right age to have known Asmodeus. He has two children, both grown and married, so this should be a cake walk.

The thing you need to know about the Duke's, is if they have helped you in some form or fashion at any time in your life, expect to repay that favor. It's called power. Whether you realize it or not, the Duke family is as powerful as any family in this nation. Within the corridors in Washington, you hear the common ones, Clinton, Bush, Kennedy. Behind closed doors, away from listening ears and prying eyes, you also hear Duke.

In his younger days, Charles Duke, more commonly known as Asmodeus, had a real knack for finding those that would some day rise to power. It was a God given instinct and he made use of that instinct. He performed favors for these people with the hopes that one day he could call in on them if he found it necessary. Back at the Compound, there are thousands of files that specify what favor was performed and for who. Asmodeus was and still is a diligent note taker. He was extremely meticulous, even going as far as to list their likelihood of doing business and what kind of ...force... it might take in order to get them to do that business.

The Honorable Phillip Williams was on that list. He's stubborn and steadfast. According to the meticulous notes, I'd have my work cut out for me.

Just now, the dog takes off. He leaves me in the dark recesses of the judges large home office, completely decked out with expensive dark cherry wood work. A matching desk, the works. I hear the door open and Mister and Missus Target greeting their pooch.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “In a little bit. I have a lot of work to do first.”

His voice comes closer as he speaks. The total darkness in this room should prove to be my ally. The man enters and closes the door before ever switching on a light. He pulls out a cell phone and begins swiping through apps. That's when he hears the flick of my zippo. He looks up at me, barely catching a glimpse of my dimly lit face before my cigarette is glowing red and the flame extinguished.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “Who the hell are you and how did you get in here?”

He seems none too pleased of my intrusion. I take a drag as I remain seated in his office chair before answering.

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I told you earlier, to call me the Messenger.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “You didn't answer my question! How did you get in here!?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “A friend let me in.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “A friend? That's impossible. No one knows the security code, and no one else has a key. Just my wife and I.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “This friend is a hacker, Mister Williams.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “Do you have any idea how much trouble you're in right now?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “None. No trouble at all. See, I walk among the shadows. No one saw me enter, and no one will see me leave.”

After switching on the desk lamp, I get to my feet and motion for the judge to sit down. He resists at first.

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Please, I insist.”

He's off his guard. Not an uncommon occurrence when there is a total stranger in your house.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “Alright, Mister Messenger, what is it you want from me?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I need you on the Sebastian Duke case. I told you that earlier.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “And I told you, I don't owe anyone anything. I can't be bought.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “That's where you're wrong, Phil. May I call you Phil?”

He nods.

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Long ago when you were just a spring chicken in law school, you met a man by the name of Charles Duke. I have it on good authority that had you not met him, you wouldn't have passed the bar and consequently, you would not be the top judge in Middlesex County.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “You have my attention.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I figured you would.

“Now, being the top judge in the county basically means you have your pick. You can choose whatever cases you want to preside over.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “Suppose that's true, what makes you think I'd help you?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Because you won't have a choice.”

He stares, but says nothing.

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Phil, you need to get yourself on the Sebastian Duke case.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “Is he a friend of yours? Why is this so damn important?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Duke.”

Saying the name one more time finally gets the stubborn jackass to see exactly what I'm saying.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “Sebastian Duke. Charles' son?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “The one and only.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “I've seen the evidence. He's guilty as sin.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “You're right. He is.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “So what in God's name do you think I'd be willing to do about it? That man is going away for a long time, Jack!”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “See, we keep hitting this speed bump. We start to see eye to eye a little and then you start back tracking.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “I'm sorry to inconvenience you, there's not a thing I can do to help you.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Take the case, and find a reason to throw it out.”

He reaches in his desk and retrieves a cigar. He twirls it around and around between his fingers and over his knuckles.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “No. Now get the hell out of my house before I call the authorities and then you can share the cell right next to him.

“How's that sound?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Before I go, why don't you load up your bank app on your little smart phone.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “What?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Your bank app. Everybody has one, I'm sure you do.”

He hesitates, then follows my request.

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Now refresh.”

I watch him click, then take a small amount of pleasure in watching the color drain from his face. The realization of watching an account with over a million in it fade to exactly zero.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “What the hell did you do?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Relax. You'll have it back in about five minutes.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “How the hell did you do that!?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Friends, Phil. I have lots of friends.”

He stares at his phone, looking defeated.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “I'll take the case. But I can't make any promises.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Word is, you're wanting to trade in this old house for the Governor's Mansion.”

He looks up at me.

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “We don't interfere in elections, but we can do number of other things.”

I walk behind the desk and behind the chair he sits in. After placing my left hand gently on his shoulder, I continue.

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “We can fund your opposition...

“We can confiscate your campaign funds...

“Or...

“We can fund your campaign.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “You mean...”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I mean, we can give you more than enough money to take the election.”

He looks down at his phone. I take a quick glance and notice his money is returned.

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “See, Phil, that was with very little planning and done in under thirty minutes. Just imagine what we could do with months, or even years to prepare.”

He sighs, then hangs his head.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “I'll do it.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Good to hear.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “What exactly do you want me to do?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I want the evidence.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “There's no possible way...”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I don't mean physically.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “Then what do you mean?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I mean, I need to know what evidence there is. What they have. Oh, and if you could get me the search warrant, I'd consider it a personal favor and I'd repay you.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “I don't like how that sounds.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I know they have the evidence to convict him. The question is, what if they had no legal right to obtain that evidence?”

It hits him.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “You're going to alter the warrant, aren't you?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I need that warrant, Phil.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “What if this blows up in our faces?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “It won't.”

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “How can you be so...”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I don't fail. My leader needs me. I've not failed him before, and I won't fail him now.”

We've reached an understanding. He wants the Governor's Mansion, and he'll get it. So long as I receive that warrant and Sebastian Duke is out of that cell by June 21.

JUDGE PHILLIP WILLIAMS: “What turned him into a killer?”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I suppose the building blocks have always been within him. He's a tortured soul. Watching his son murdered in front of him finally pushed him over the edge. Perhaps sitting and stewing within a prison cell can knock reality back into him.”

Seems unlikely, but we could all hope.

Fade to Darkness.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sebastian Duke's post:
Ozymandias (06-16-2014)