Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 11:13 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Road To X-treme" Dev. Show RP Archive
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi!
Anthea Deveraux

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-26-2014, 05:59 PM

I had the perfect life growing up, absolutely perfect. I had loving parents and a wonderful younger brother. Sure he could be annoying from time to time but what younger sibling isn’t? My father was a New Orleans City Police Officer; my mother was an Emergency Room Doctor. Notice I said was. That’s because in August of 2005, August 23rd to be exact both of my parents were killed in what was known as the Hurricane Katrina disaster. Because my parents were both considered essential personnel they were at working while everyone else was being evacuated. My brother and I were sent with my Aunt, my mother’s sister. My parents promised they would see us again. I would like to believe that they believed it.

They never found my parents bodies, we buried empty caskets. I understood this; my brother wasn’t young enough to really get it. I can remember him crying as if it was yesterday. He kept screaming that he wanted to see mommy. It broke my heart every time, my aunt’s as well. My Aunt Katherine, my mother’s sister and her wonderful husband TIm agreed to take my brother and me in. I suppose she could have said no, but she never would have, not because we had nowhere else to go but she truly did love us and care for us as if we were her very own children. Unfortunately my Aunt and Uncle had no kids of their own and it was not for a lack of desire but for reasons that doctor’s could not explain. I know they always wanted kids and now born out of disaster was their chance at a family. As far as my brother and I were concerned, that was fine with us.

Now, 9 years later I am a 25 year old graduate student at Tulane University finishing my PhD in Biomedical Sciences, which, if you aren’t aware is the study of how the human body works in the hopes of finding new ways to cure and treat various disease by developing advanced diagnostic tools and or new therapeutic strategies. If that sounds like I just quoted from Wikipedia, it’s because I did. Honestly, that was the easiest way to tell you what my degree is going to be in rather than trying to explain it on my own. I tend to ramble when I get excited and talking about my degree is something that excites me. There I go again, rambling.

While I am finishing up my degree my brother Brayden is finishing up his junior year of high school. He’s grown up to be a handsome young man as well as athletically gifted. He is a 3 year Varsity Letterman in both football and baseball. He also has a wonderful girlfriend named Suzanne. She’s become like a little sister to me. Despite the 8 year age gap, which truly can feel like 20 we get alone very well and even spend some of our Saturday’s together doing our favorite thing, shopping. That is, when I actually get a Saturday free from grad school work, which, is never as often as I would like it to be. But as luck would have it, today happens to be one of those days.

My alarm went off at 6:30 AM. Thankfully my brother sleeps in on Saturdays, which means it is the one day I don’t have to fight him for the bathroom. Quick shower, a protein shake for breakfast and a few minutes of reading the news paper while my Aunt makes coffee for my Uncle who will be waking up for his shift at the plant.

“Good morning Anthea.”

Turning around to face my aunt who is currently behind me at the county brewing the coffee I said “Hi Aunt Kay, sleep well?”

“I did, thanks so much for asking. Are you off on one of your shopping trips with Suzanne?” she says with a smile.

“Yes I am. We are hoping to hit up the mall and then some of the stores in the French Quarter.”

I love the French Quarter, or the Vieux Carre, or just simply the Quarter to the locals has so much history. It’s old and yet elegant. Even after Hurricane Katrina hit the French Quarter was still one of the most beloved districts in all of New Orleans. I suppose some of that has to do with the massive draw that it is for tourists and its involvement in the drunken spectacle that is Mardi Gras. Growing up in New Orleans you would think that I had attended many a Mardi Gras and yet that would not be the case. It’s not that I am a prude, I’m not but the celebration has transformed from what it was intended to be into what it is, which is a drunken disaster. If I really wanted to spend my time wasted with guys groping at me I could just go to one of the many frat parties that happen every Thursday thru Saturday night. Instead I spend my nights either in the labs on campus or at home with my face in a text book. So no, I’m not a prude, I’m just a nerd. Not sure which is worse?

“How is Suzanne doing? I haven’t seen her in weeks. Is everything ok with her and your brother?”

“As far as I know everything is fine. I know she has been busy with cheerleading competitions and the like.”

“Oh that’s right, tis the season for that. You would think after 3 years of them dating I would have figured it out by now.”

“Or at least marked it on your calendar? It’s a solid 3 months of the year so it’s not like it really sneaks up on you.” I said with a slight smirk. My Aunt God bless is the most kind and caring woman I know but her memory is absolutely dreadful, and she knows it.

“Good morning Anthea.” Says my uncle as he walks into the kitchen looking half asleep.

“Hi Uncle Tim. Ready for another fun Saturday of work?”

“Like a heart attack.”

My aunt’s head swings around as it if were on a swivel “Tim that’s a horrible thing to say.”

“Yeah Uncle Tim, just awful.” I say with a smile that beams with sarcasim.

Both my Aunt and Uncle look at me, smiles on their faces.

Picking up my protein shake off the counter “Well gotta go.”

I grabbed my keys off the table by the front door and headed towards my car so that I could pick up Suzanne for our fun day ahead.

[-] The following 2 users Like Anthea Deveraux's post:
(03-29-2014), Miranda Tigris (03-27-2014)