Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:27 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Road To X-treme" Dev. Show RP Archive
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legitimacy (RP #1)
Julian Martin Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

03-21-2014, 08:06 AM

We join the XWF's Road To Xtreme camera crew as they have been asked by one of the first signees of RTX to conduct an exclusive interview. We see Julius Martin seated by some spotlights in the RTX backstage area. The interview begins.

[Image: magnusinterview_zpse41e200b.jpg]

"Wrestling has always been my first love. Wrestling has such a long and rich history, why, it has been documented to have been around since 3000 BC! I have loved wrestling since I was old enough to understand anything. When I wasn't studying business at the University of Cambridge, I was studying films of all of the greats! When I wasn't dominating the classroom, I was dominating the mat as an amateur wrestler for Cambridge and also was a top athlete in rugby and in soccer. My lifelong dream had been to become a professional wrestler, due in large part to some of the outstanding men that took part in it and the purity and history of the SPORT of professional wrestling."

"Professional wrestling itself began around 1830 and was the most popular and fashionable sport in all of Europe by the end of the century. Soon after, early in the 20th century, catch wrestling became popular and it was the beginning of the modern style of professional wrestling. Later on, after the second World War, a section of catch wrestling started changing slowly to the sport of "pro wrestling", which emphasized the legit wrestling ability as well as entertaining the crowd."

[Image: gorygue_zps9168a3c6.jpg]
Gory Guerrero

"It was the beginning of a slippery slope as we began to tread the line between a legitimate sport and athletic "staged" entertainment. The Japanese and the Mexicans made the sport global as men such as Antonio Inoki, with his "strong-style" and working of holds and brawling, and men such as Gory Guerrero and Mil Mascaras, who helped to revolutize the sport with their inventive manunvers."

[Image: hackenschimdt_zps7eccb9b1.jpg]
Georg Hackenschmidt

"Here in the UK, early on, we had men like Jack Carkeek who would challenge the audience to last ten minutes in the ring with him. Men like Georg Hackenschmidt who had a legit dominant style of wrestling, which forced promoters to make their stars learn showmanship. Once again, the slippery slope proves to be alive here, and yet throughout the early to mid 1900's, professional wrestling was a constant when it came to being considered a legitimate sport by the majority worldwide."

[Image: gotch_zps1d11bd64.jpg]
Frank Gotch

"In the United States, you had men such as Martin Burns and Frank Gotch, who was the first undisputed world champion after beating men such as Hackenschmidt. However, after Gotch's retirement, popularity waned when the legitimacy when questioned and that would continue until the 1930's and 40's when promotions and territories began facing off with each other, creating nationwide and worldwide buzz. Some of those groups tied together into a loose confederation that would become known as NWA."

[Image: louthesz_zpsb3dcd445.jpg]
Lou Thesz

"The NWA was led by Lou Thesz as their world champion and with the advent of television, the NWA was the hottest ticket in town, and professional wrestling had struck that perfect balance of being able to entertain the fans but also with legit and pure wrestling ability. It was the "Golden Age" of wrestling, and men like Lou Thesz, Verne Gagne, Nick Bockweinel, Bruno Sammartino, these men helped to lead the world through this "Golden Age". There were their ups and downs of course. The NWA's tyrantical hold on the wrestling market led to other promotions where some of the men aforementioned would go to help spread the wealth so to speak and in the case of Bruno Sammartino whom wrestled Thesz in Canada, and this would be a preliminary to what would become the WWWF, the precursor to the WWE."

[Image: brunosam_zps8a5f02bb.jpg]
Bruno Sammartino

"Bruno Sammartino was truly the first "superstar" in the wrestling business. His stature alone nearly had the NWA merge with the WWWF and he went on to become the WWWF world champion in 1965. He would hold onto the world championship for 7 years, 8 months, and 1 day. This still stands to this day as the longest world championship reign in men's professional wrestling history. He would defend against the likes Killer Kowalski, The Sheik, "Classy" Freddie Blassie, Gorilla Monsoon, George Steele; the names go on and on and he defended the championship all over the world. He would go on to win the belt a second time in 1973 and held the belt then for 1977. Bruno Sammartino was a legitimate wrestler and competitor. Why, he killed a man in 1961 with a bodyslam! Antonio Inoki tried to hurt him and he powered out, beat him unrelentlessly and made Inoki duck him the rest of the match! He fought Stan Hensen with a broken neck! It was soon after in 77 when the politicing and the bullshit began and soon the McMahons virtually forced the legend out."

[Image: hogan_zps97a93b73.jpg]
Hulk Hogan

"With Bruno in his later years of his career, it would be men like Andre The Giant, men like Randy Savage, Ricky Steamboat, and alas the explosion of the man they called Hulk Hogan, that would carry the torch. And it was then that the flame began to be extinguished, and that slippery slope of pure legitimate wrestling and "sports entertainment" soon became an overwhelming flood that would cast a black cloud over the once-proud sport. Yes, Hogan brought worldwide success to the business. Professional wrestling would air on ESPN! Soon, WCW was born in 1988 and men like Ric Flair would help to keep wrestling somewhat legit and some even prefered them over the "showman" and "cartoonish characters" that the WWF was churning out. Yet of course, the WWF with their "entertainment" and "larger than life" personalities held the business in a stranglehold. It was then WCW began to take advantage of the way WWE ran things. WCW dominated the ratings in the early 90's through 1997. WCW had taken Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and many former WWE stars and they forced the WWE to make drastic changes."

[Image: sableattitude_zpsd3e736cf.jpg]
An example of the debotchery that was the "Attitude Era"!

"The WWE went on to create the "Attitude Era". The biggest black eye in the history of TRUE professional wrestling. Legitimate wrestling frowned upon and thrown to the backseat in place of bloodshed, violence, and profane adult-oriented content. Vince McMahon continued to make money like crazy despite the public backlash that came from the rampant drug use of many of his wrestlers, and the lawsuits that he would find himself in! Companies like WCW who still cherished the legit nature and competitiveness of the sport would be buried under the umbrella of "sports entertainment". An umbrella to THIS DAY still casts shadows and clouds over the industry!"

[Image: cena_zpsf259a1a8.jpg]
John Cena

"Men like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro, many of them have to SCRATCH and CLAW JUST for the opportunity to succeed because of the politics, because of the NOTION that just because they don't have the "look" or the "flash" that they can never be champion despite being world-class at what SHOULD be at the heart of it all and that is PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING! Vince McMahon tries to fool the world and make all of these drastic changes to undo the damage he has done. The "PG" rating, less blood, and such. Yet men like Dave Batista, John Cena, and those who would be slaughtered by men like Sammartino if they lived in their era are praised and treated like legends. A man like John Cena has assaulted the hollowed record books, why? Because he can sell a million shirts to little kids and say a few stupid catchphrases?! Not to mention, he steroid cloud STILL looms overhead especially after the Chris Benoit double murder/suicide!"

"Clouds of darkness hover over the industry and this business and this SPORT that I love. It is now that I find myself in a position to make my OWN impact and my OWN mark on this sport, DESPITE the fact that I'm told that Eli James did not want me to be signed! I am "boring", I am not "flashy", I am not a "superstar in the making". It has taken men with TRUE vision and TRUE love of the sport to come and reach out to me to help save this company from itself! Archie Lawson and Paul Heyman reached out to me to join Heyman's new brand, the RTX, the developmental brand to the XWF."

"A man like me should not be reduced to a developmental territory. Would men like Bruno Sammartino, Ric Flair, and the like have been stuck in NXT or RTX of they were around today? Seems to me like they would. The politicing and the umberella of the "sports entertainment" era of wrestling clouds the world from what they truly deserve and need. LEGITIMATE wrestling! This industry needs a throwback to that "Golden Age" of wrestling! This company NEEDS LEGITIMACY! The XWF, full of its "cartoonish characters" and bullshit NEEDS a man like ME! Enough of the over-the-top garbage! Enough of the "Suck my dick" catchphrases, the midgets and vampires and supernatural bullshit! The XWF deserves the best, and the RTX deserves the best!"

"If the "man" wants to keep me down, let them try, for they will not hold me down long. I shall honor the promises I made to Archie Lawson and to Paul Heyman and I will make the best of my time in developmental. I will use my time to decimate whatever rookie or inexperienced buffoon steps into the ring with me. I will use my time to show the XWF and the "talent" that they have there what the future holds for them. A future in which a ray of hope shall break through the clouds of what has become the norm in this industry, medocrity. It is a future in which a new "Golden Age" will shine down upon them all, and I shall be the one who reigns down upon them all. "

[Image: julianpromo_zps22af5414.jpg]
Julian Martin RTX promotion photo

"I will become the first Road To Xtreme World Champion. I will become to RTX what Bruno Sammartino became to the WWWF. I will set the standard and show the world what a LEGITIMATE professional wrestler, and a damn good one at that, is capable of and I will leave the rest of the untalented, pathetic wannabes in the dust! I AM the future RTX Champion, and I will be a champion in the XWF when the time comes, and it will! The fans can boo me. The fans can heckle me. Chant "Boring" all you want, you little pukes! Once someone steps into the ring with me, they will not be chanting anything. They will be beaten. They will be outclassed and outdone and you all will realize that I am the better man. My name is Julian Martin, and I am a professional wrestler, and you all will be witness to the beginning of the new "Golden Age"!

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." - Sir Winston Churchill
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Julian Martin's post:
(03-23-2014)