Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 03:23 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » World War X-treme (March 16th) PPV RP Archive
Thief In The Night Part 2 (RP 6)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

03-12-2014, 06:40 PM

Continued...

“So who is he?”

“I have absolutely no idea. And unfortunately I don’t have any facial recognition software.”

“I see.”

“Thankfully I know a guy who loves this sort of stuff and would foam at the mouth to work on this for me. A quick phone call and an email of the image and we should have a name relatively quickly.”

Theo grabbed his cell phone, pressed a few numbers and waited for someone on the other end of the call to pick up.

“Matt, its Theo…..Yeah yeah, things are good. Look, I just emailed you a picture. I need you to run the facial recognition software on it, I need to know who the guy in the picture is…..Because he stole something from me…..A painting….Yes it’s very valuable….Call me back.”

“Now what?”

“Now we wait for Matt to call me back. He’s the best in the business so I would say that we have about 30 minutes or so. I have a few ideas of how we could kill some time.”

Theo spins around in his chair and smiles at Lila while simultaneously placing his hand on her thigh. What he was hoping for was some reciprocation. What he got was the cold shoulder or a scorned woman’s version of.

“Still pissed about the video tape thing?”

“Just a little.”

“Come on, I told you it was an oversight, I didn’t do it on purpose.”

“How do I know that?”

“Look at me, what do you see in my eyes?”

“Seriously? You are going with that cheesy crap? You are off your game.”

“Don’t I know it? So how about we go upstairs for a little while and watch some TV or something, unless you would rather just sit down here and be pissed at me all night?”

“That does sound appealing but how about I go upstairs and watch TV and you sit down here and think about what you’ve done?”

“Really? You are grounding me? In my own home?”

“Yes I am. Do something about it.”

“Ouch. Have fun accessing the TV’s without the 3 digit code to turn them on.”

“You’re joking.”

“I never joke about television. But feel free to go upstairs and test it.”

“So let me get this straight, you have a 3 digit code on your remote controls because what? You are afraid some guy who comes to steal a painting might get bored and decide to kill some time by kicking his shoes off, getting comfy on your couch and watching some TV? Oh but wait, he can’t, because you have a code. That tricky thief has been foiled. Meanwhile the guy can come and go as he pleases because your security system sucks. It’s a shame you don’t put as much thought and effort into making sure your house is secure and not your television.”

“Wow…your words, they sting.”

“You deserved it.”

“Perhaps.”

A few seconds of awkward silence pass and Theo’s phone begins ringing. He reaches back onto the glass desk, looks at the screen and then slides his finger across the screen from left to right to accept the call.

“Matt that was fast. What have you got for me….I see…..I see…..Interesting….Got you…Well thanks for getting back to me so quickly.”

“What did he have to say?”

“The software worked. The man’s name is William Francis. Apparently he’s a world renowned art thief.”

“Wow, you’ve hit the big time now, world renowned thieves are invading your home. I wonder how he felt when he just walked through the front door and didn’t have to do any special dances that involved advanced calisthenics and laser light shows to steal the painting?”

“Probably infinitely better than I do right now.”

SMACK!!

“You know, this hasn’t been my best day ever. I could do without the violence.”

“Sack up you big baby. So now what? Now that you know his name what do you do next?”

“Well Matt said that there is one of two things that will happen next. Either William Francis already has a buyer lined up so it’s a matter of making the exchange, or he will take it to the black market. And no, that’s not a real place in case you were curious.”

“I wasn’t, smart ass. Well if he takes it to the black market you're done.”

“On the contrary if he goes that route it would be the best possible thing for me.”

“It would? How?”

“I have a business associate that is very well connected within the black market.”

“Oh really, who is that?”

“Michael McBride.”

Theo grabbed his phone again, and dialed up his associate Michael McBride.

“Michael, I need your help with something....good good….Lila’s doing well….she say’s hi…”

“I do? I don’t even know him.”

“Right right…oh Sid had something to say about me again? That’s cute. I must say though, it is a bit odd seeing a grown man trying so hard to get my attention. To be honest with you, I haven’t seen someone try and get my attention this much since I ditched my date at Senior Prom for her much hotter and newly single best friend....but anyway I need your help with something….yeah someone stole a painting from my home….his name is William Francis…I’ll email you a still of his face as well as one of the painting….yeah I need you to do what you do and let me know where my painting is, and how we go about getting it back….I see.…ok well you know where to find me.”

“Who is Sid?”

“Exactly.”

“So now what?”

“Now I am going to bed. You are free to do what you want, but since you don’t know the code to the TV you I guess your options are bed, or you can watch the TV’s in this room. They can be rather entertaining from time to time.”

Lila moves in for her third slap to the back of Theo’s head but this one he sees coming and instead just side steps out of her way.

“Come on, let’s go to bed. And I promise, I’ll even make sure to activate the security system.”

The Following Morning

Theo’s cell phone starts vibrating on his glass night stand, Theo, in the midst of a deep sleep doesn’t hear the phone at all until the vibrations cause the phone to actually vibrate it’s way off of the table and crash onto the floor below. Still half asleep Theo reaches down and grabs the phone and instinctively accepts the call and places the phone to his ear without having even seen who it was that was calling.

“Hello….oh hey Mikey…..yeah I was asleep….well it is 6:30 here...you’re where….when the hell did you get into town?”

Mid way through Theo’s conversation Lila rolls over and taps him on the shoulder, trying to ascertain who it is that is calling and more importantly, why they are calling at 6:30am. Theo tries ignoring her so her light taps turn into more violent shoves which causes Theo to just sit up in bed and continue his conversation.

“Right….I’ll be out in a second….I need to put some clothes on.”

“Who is that?”

“Michael McBride.”

“What does he want?”

“To update me on the situation.”

“Well that was a quick update, what's the news?”

“Actually that was just him calling to tell me he is out front. Apparently he wanted to update me in person.”

“That can’t be good.”

“No I don’t expect that it is.”

Theo gets up, walks over to his closet and grabs a pair of black sweat pants and a white v-neck t-shirt and then disappears in the bathroom for a few minutes presumably to brush his teeth so as to be somewhat presentable for his guest.

“Alright well I’m going to go let him in, feel free to stay in bed if you want.”

“Thanks, I’ll be out in a little bit. I’d like to meet this Michael McBride. Does my father know him?”

“He does. And he’s not a huge fan.”

“Why is that?”

“Fuck if I know.”

Theo turns and heads out of his bedroom, down the hall and to the main entry where. He hits a few buttons on the security consol and then opens the front door to a waiting Michael McBride.

“Oi lad. Good to see you.”

“You too Mikey. But I have to say I am a bit surprised to see you here.”

“Well mate I thought it would be best to share this news with you personally as opposed to over the phone.”

“I see. Well, did you catch the guy, this William Francis?”

“No I’m afraid not. Connor and I arrived a few seconds too late.”

“Too late for what? Did he already sell it or something?”

“He tried to.”

“Tried?”

“Well apparently he was able to find a buyer, Russians to be specific. We got to the arranged drop off point about 10 minutes after Francis’s did. As we got there the Russians were inspecting the painting.”

“And?”

“Well something went wrong because a few minutes later one of the Russians shot Mr. Francis in the head.”

“Well ain’t that a bitch.”

“Aye.”

“So what happened? Why did they kill him?”

“Well after the shot him they got into their car and drove off, leaving Francis and the painting there. So Connor and I grabbed the painting and took it back to our place for further examination.”

“They didn’t damage it did they? It’s a Monet. It’s worth millions.”

“No it’s not.”

“Ok maybe it was a Manet, I can never keep them straight.”

“I’m sorry lad but it’s not a Manet either. In fact it’s a Target.”

“Target? I’m not familiar with that name. Is it French? Though I have to be honest I’m not exactly an art guy myself. My father bought it for my mother for her 50th Birthday. He said it cost a fortune. Apparently it was one of her favorite paintings.”

“Well it’s very possible that she loved that piece of art work but what you had hanging up on the wall was a recreation. A good one all be it but not an uncommon one. As I said, It’s a Target, as in the super store. It sells for $10.00 at any Target. I would suspect that the Russian that was inspecting the painting discovered that it was a forgery rather quickly and thus why Mr. Francis was disposed of.”

“A Target?”

“Aye mate.”

“What a cheap mother fucker.”

“Who is?”

Theo and Michael turn around simultaneously to see Lila standing a few feet from where the fake painting was hanging.

“My father. Apparently the painting was a fake. Cost $10.00 at Target.”

“Really? They do sell some fun little art work, if you can call it that.”

“Well apparently the Russians don’t call it that.”

“The Russians?”

“Long story.”

“I’ve got time.”

“Unfortunately Theo doesn’t.”

Theo, Lila and Michael all turn in the direction of the family room to see Mr. Supernova standing there.

“Space Man, what are doing here?”

“It’s time Theo.”

“Time for what?”

“Theo and I need to take a little trip dear. We’ll be back soon.”

“A trip? A trip where?”

“It’s ok Lila, I’ll be back soon.”

“Hello Nova.”

“Michael.”

Theo shakes Michaels hand, walks over to Lila and gives her a kiss on the lips and a big hug before walking over to Nova, a little bit of noise and some bright light later and the two are gone.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
(03-21-2014), Andrew Morrison (03-12-2014), Julian Martin (03-12-2014), Mr. Radio (03-12-2014), Scorpio (03-12-2014)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Theo Pryce's post!
Sid Feder (03-13-2014)